Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD! Page: <<   < prev  765 766 [767] 768 769   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/2/2010 8:51:22 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to thegreatwent)
Post #: 22981
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/2/2010 8:53:39 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

Ahh... new page tithe...

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 22982
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/2/2010 8:58:57 AM   
comte

Well a water pipe burst today in Massachusetts that brings 38 towns their clean drinking water so people had to buy bottled water. I saw some sick things in my store today as we were "Ransacked" by the hordes of people seeking clean drinking water. Guys pushing old ladies to get at the 24 packs of water it was nuts I have never seen anything like it in my 12 year retail career. I was bringing out carts of water and people were swarming me to get at the water. I actually got attacked on my way to the front of the store with a cart of water in the adult diaper section by crazy people desperate for bottled water it was utter madness. The mayor of the Town that I work in called me and asked me if we had a handle on the situation and were we getting more water Sunday it was so surreal. I run the store on second shift so I got all sorts of people calling me asking for water it sold out in a couple of hours. And I mean sold out we had nothing left at all they even bought all the mini bottles of water and even the really expensive stuff like the Fiji water. Totally crazy at least the town I live in doesn't have these problems we weren't effected down here I live close to Rhode Island where I'm guessing we get our water from down here in southern Massachusetts. Well anyway crazy stuff now to enjoy a nice tall glass of water

But when Territories are acquired in regions where there are differences in language, customs, and laws then great good fortune and much hard work are required to hold them.

-Machiavelli, Il Principe, Book III-

(in reply to thegreatwent)
Post #: 22983
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/2/2010 8:59:23 AM   
comte

And Good morning guys

But when Territories are acquired in regions where there are differences in language, customs, and laws then great good fortune and much hard work are required to hold them.

-Machiavelli, Il Principe, Book III-

(in reply to comte)
Post #: 22984
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/2/2010 9:12:11 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aces8

Well a water pipe burst today in Massachusetts that brings 38 towns their clean drinking water so people had to buy bottled water. I saw some sick things in my store today as we were "Ransacked" by the hordes of people seeking clean drinking water. Guys pushing old ladies to get at the 24 packs of water it was nuts I have never seen anything like it in my 12 year retail career. I was bringing out carts of water and people were swarming me to get at the water. I actually got attacked on my way to the front of the store with a cart of water in the adult diaper section by crazy people desperate for bottled water it was utter madness. The mayor of the Town that I work in called me and asked me if we had a handle on the situation and were we getting more water Sunday it was so surreal. I run the store on second shift so I got all sorts of people calling me asking for water it sold out in a couple of hours. And I mean sold out we had nothing left at all they even bought all the mini bottles of water and even the really expensive stuff like the Fiji water. Totally crazy at least the town I live in doesn't have these problems we weren't effected down here I live close to Rhode Island where I'm guessing we get our water from down here in southern Massachusetts. Well anyway crazy stuff now to enjoy a nice tall glass of water

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to comte)
Post #: 22985
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/2/2010 9:21:01 AM   
Dixie

Morning chaps 

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 22986
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/2/2010 9:28:30 AM   
Grollub

Mornin' gents.

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 22987
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/2/2010 11:34:07 AM   
Terminus

Sunny Sunday Tithe...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 22988
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/2/2010 11:51:17 AM   
USSAmerica

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok

Hopefully no mistaken identities this year?

I'm quite sure that everyone who was involved last year won't make the same mistake this year.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 22989
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/2/2010 11:52:51 AM   
USSAmerica

Good Sunday morning - Tithe. 

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 22990
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/2/2010 12:16:01 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Sunny Sunday Tithe...

It was +28 degrees Centigrade yesterday here (and it was similar whole last week)... it is way way to hot for late April / early May...

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 22991
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/2/2010 12:17:15 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

Mike, how is oil spill in Gulf of Mexico? Can it be contained?

I still remember how beautiful the white sandy beaches were in the south...

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 22992
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/2/2010 12:17:41 PM   
Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

Sunny Sunday Tithe...

It was +28 degrees Centigrade yesterday here (and it was similar whole last week)... it is way way to hot for late April / early May...

Leo "Apollo11"

It's grey and rainy here...

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 22993
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/2/2010 2:49:39 PM   
Grit

quote:

Good Morning Everyone.

National Geographic Magazine April 2010 has a Special Issue "Water Our Thirsty World". It's eye opening, we take it for granted until we don't have any.

(in reply to comte)
Post #: 22994
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/2/2010 3:44:19 PM   
Grollub

Afternoon tithe.

Just back from a short promenade. Took a small ferry from one downtown island to another and then found out that the USN is visiting Stockholm.

It's the CG-69 USS Vicksburg. I apologize for the poor quality of the photo but that was the best I could manage with my mobile phone.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Grit)
Post #: 22995
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/2/2010 3:51:00 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

Nice picture Per!

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 22996
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 5/2/2010 3:52:07 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

BTW, shouldn't our "official" title be:

THE THREAD!!!

and not current

THE THREAD!

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 22997
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/2/2010 4:10:14 PM   
Onime No Kyo

Morning tithe.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 22998
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/2/2010 4:12:22 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok

quote:

Bob Trapasso and I are still playing WITP. He is mounting a relief expedition for Noumea. This is getting interesting.

How's he doing?

He is doing well.

Has he grown a beard?

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to BrucePowers)
Post #: 22999
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/2/2010 4:14:34 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

I think it's SpamBot Junior, not Senior...

That's Senor (with the tilde over the n) Spambot. We're from SoCal, so I assume that Onime can get by on some barrio spanglish.

Oh. I thought Senor was "Sen.". Shows what I know.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 23000
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/2/2010 4:15:06 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Who knows senior may be correct also depending on age

Speak for yourself, Mr. Peabody.

(in reply to BrucePowers)
Post #: 23001
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/2/2010 4:15:44 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Post Chuck E Cheese Traumatic Stress Disorder tithe...

You poor thing.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 23002
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/2/2010 4:17:10 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Saw that before a (rather minor) snow storm this past winter. You'd have thought the apocalypse was coming instead of a promised 6 inches.

(in reply to comte)
Post #: 23003
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/2/2010 4:18:07 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

Sunny Sunday Tithe...

Leo "Apollo11"

It's grey and rainy here...

Youre English. I suggest you get used to it.

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 23004
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/2/2010 4:20:32 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

Afternoon tithe.

Just back from a short promenade. Took a small ferry from one downtown island to another and then found out that the USN is visiting Stockholm.

It's the CG-69 USS Vicksburg. I apologize for the poor quality of the photo but that was the best I could manage with my mobile phone.

The size is certainly impressive in size. But its not beautiful IMHO the way the NJ or the Intrepid are.

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 23005
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/2/2010 4:23:21 PM   
Chickenboy

Good morning tithe.

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 23006
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/2/2010 4:37:36 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Anyone heard of having some water treatment tablets on hand? Milk? Juice? Gatorade? Freakin' lunatics.

(in reply to comte)
Post #: 23007
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/2/2010 7:52:56 PM   
Terminus

People are idiots, egged on by the lazy media and ruled by the politicians they deserve.

About 12 years ago, there was a general strike in this country, and people started hoarding YEAST! A floatplane arrived from Sweden with supplies; all of sudden Denmark had become a nation of bakers. Either that, or they needed some filler for the empty spaces between their ears.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 23008
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/2/2010 10:05:36 PM   
Grollub

G'night gents

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 23009
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/3/2010 3:10:01 AM   
Chickenboy

Goodnight all...

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 23010
Page:   <<   < prev  765 766 [767] 768 769   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD! Page: <<   < prev  765 766 [767] 768 769   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI