Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Single Wing Plays

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Single Wing Plays Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Single Wing Plays - 7/28/2009 4:57:33 AM   
Old Coach

What follows is a series of pictures showing single wing running plays in action. The first 2 sets show the tailback running a power smash up the middle with fierce lead blocking. Often this play picks up only a yard or two, but in this case, the TB ran for about 10 yards. This play is good for short yardage situations or just getting the ball away from your own goal line.

Old Coach

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Single Wing Plays - 7/28/2009 5:00:53 AM   
Old Coach

In the previous image, the TB/QB has a "wait for" command of 1.5 seconds to allow the FB and BB to move ahead of him to block. The pictures below show the blocks engage and the runner shoot through the hole. Again, usually this play doesn't open up like this.

Old Coach

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Old Coach)
Post #: 2
RE: Single Wing Plays - 7/28/2009 5:03:10 AM   
Old Coach

This play is a sweep by the FB who receives a direct snap. In the second picture, you can see the guards pull out to block.

Old Coach

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Old Coach)
Post #: 3
RE: Single Wing Plays - 7/28/2009 5:06:48 AM   
Old Coach

This play is an off tackle smash by the FB- again with a direct snap to the FB. In these types of plays, the QB/TB is given a blocking command.

Old Coach

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Old Coach)
Post #: 4
RE: Single Wing Plays - 8/27/2009 2:36:12 PM   
SJ9R

Hi Old Coach.  The pictures look awsome.  I downloaded your Single Wing playbook from FBMax (thanks for making it available) and am running in to a problem. For some reason the team uses the "All Kneel Down" play at times they should not. Last night they used it on thier first play from scrimmage.  They then had a sucsesful pass play and promptly used the kneeldown play again.  I have deleted the play from the playbook and they are still using it. I then exported the playbook, created a new playbook, and imported the plays and profile info.  I started the game over and the same thing was happening- the computer was still using the Kneeldown play.  Does this happen to you? 

I'm really looking forward to using the Wing T as an addition to my Big 12 League.  Ive added Missouri State and Arkansas State to the Big 12 making it now the "Big 14" and would like to have Arkansas State run the Wing T to give the league some variation.

Thanks,
Steve

(in reply to Old Coach)
Post #: 5
RE: Single Wing Plays - 8/28/2009 10:30:02 AM   
Old Coach

SJ9R,
Sorry you're having that problem with the kneel down play. I've never seen that happen.

Old Coach

(in reply to SJ9R)
Post #: 6
RE: Single Wing Plays - 8/28/2009 11:28:18 AM   
Mykal

quote:

ORIGINAL: SJ9R

Hi Old Coach.  The pictures look awsome.  I downloaded your Single Wing playbook from FBMax (thanks for making it available) and am running in to a problem. For some reason the team uses the "All Kneel Down" play at times they should not. Last night they used it on thier first play from scrimmage.  They then had a sucsesful pass play and promptly used the kneeldown play again.  I have deleted the play from the playbook and they are still using it. I then exported the playbook, created a new playbook, and imported the plays and profile info.  I started the game over and the same thing was happening- the computer was still using the Kneeldown play.  Does this happen to you? 

I'm really looking forward to using the Wing T as an addition to my Big 12 League.  Ive added Missouri State and Arkansas State to the Big 12 making it now the "Big 14" and would like to have Arkansas State run the Wing T to give the league some variation.

Thanks,
Steve

you have to sift through the playbook profile and delete it from their
or alternatively make the kneel down a "Situation" only play, that way it will only be used in certain situations - which you specify yourself

< Message edited by Mykal -- 8/28/2009 11:29:45 AM >

(in reply to SJ9R)
Post #: 7
RE: Single Wing Plays - 9/1/2009 8:58:52 PM   
SJ9R

Thanks Mykal. I found where the play was listed in the profile, removed it, and now it works great. Arkansas State used the Wing T and beat Texas A&M in their Big 12 debut! It was a fun game to watch. ASU's QB had a great game and A&M really didn't have an answer to ASU's offensive attack.

Thanks again Old Coach for the playbook.

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 8
RE: Single Wing Plays - 9/2/2009 1:07:14 AM   
Old Coach

SJ9R,
You're very welcome and I hope you continue to enjoy the plays.

I've found that the off tackle plays, 32 & 48 work very well. The rollout passes are also highly effective if the QB has sufficient SPD & AGI ratings. Those ratings, if high enough, allow the QB to out run the backside pursuit and get an accurate pass off. If the QB is slow footed, then he can get sacked quite often.

I'm of the school of thought that if you can't run off tackle, you don't have a running game. I'm also a great believer in the rollout passing game. I'm very old school in my offensive philosophy
Old Coach

(in reply to SJ9R)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Single Wing Plays Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI