Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: So what does it take to get started?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: So what does it take to get started? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: So what does it take to get started? - 8/1/2009 7:00:47 PM   
Kabbers

Well, ironically Canoerebel, so far I'm finding my ignorance of the PTO adds a new frontier - I tend to know a lot about a few things (a bit uncool yeah)... and PTO definitely wasn't one of them, is still not one of them, but is about to be one of them.

So I'm letting WitPAE help me expand my horizons and it's proving fun so far, even if I am still bashing the rocks together. So far I haven't built enough up worth protecting betwixt each restart - but thanks for that hint :)

I now get the drift of how the Coral Sea scenario will run if I just watch. Now to start meddling...

Happy Saturday,
Kabs

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 31
RE: So what does it take to get started? - 8/1/2009 7:10:45 PM   
Feltan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kabbers

Well, ironically Canoerebel, so far I'm finding my ignorance of the PTO adds a new frontier - I tend to know a lot about a few things (a bit uncool yeah)... and PTO definitely wasn't one of them, is still not one of them, but is about to be one of them.

So I'm letting WitPAE help me expand my horizons and it's proving fun so far, even if I am still bashing the rocks together. So far I haven't built enough up worth protecting betwixt each restart - but thanks for that hint :)

I now get the drift of how the Coral Sea scenario will run if I just watch. Now to start meddling...

Happy Saturday,
Kabs

Just stay away from Amazon and various book stores that cater to military history.

Otherwise, what you spend on books will make the cost of the game seem insignificant.

Note, I didn't follow my own advise.

Regards,
Feltan

(in reply to Kabbers)
Post #: 32
RE: So what does it take to get started? - 8/1/2009 8:01:37 PM   
crsutton

You better have a nice wife (girlfriend)

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 33
RE: So what does it take to get started? - 8/2/2009 11:55:52 AM   
Kabbers

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsutton

You better have a nice wife (girlfriend)

Well it's sunny, my wife is at the cricket, and for once I am glad cricket is a slow slow game (hehe)
I have found the wikipedia pages on the Coral Sea and ships/pics a really good first step in:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Coral_Sea

I found the diagram at the bottom of this page really useful too for my n00b narrative:
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.delsjourney.com/images/family_history/ww2/neosho/coral_sea/maps/Battle_of_the_Coral_Sea_Map_-_Japanese_Plan_-_140dpi.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.delsjourney.com/uss_neosho/coral_sea/battle_of_coral_sea/summary.htm&h=1013&w=1321&sz=100&tbnid=s_sWolymRlm-pM:&tbnh=115&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcoral%2Bsea%2Bbattle&usg=__5vtZlTF6XNLBaXqcOBPf6YXOFg0=&ei=kt50SpH8AeOrjAfQu5y9Bw&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=6&ct=image
(oh - well, after following the May 8th link at the bottom especially)

Happy Sunday
Kabs

< Message edited by Kabbers -- 8/2/2009 11:58:31 AM >

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 34
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: So what does it take to get started? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI