Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitpStaff questions and suggestions here please

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: WitpStaff questions and suggestions here please Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitpStaff questions and suggestions here please - 8/12/2009 10:30:02 PM   
Marc

I wrote a small cmd-script that copies the CSV files WitpStaff generates and adds labels to the top of the new files.

You have to save it to your harddisk and then edit the first three set commands in the file with the text editor of your choice. Then simply start it.

I hope I made no errors.

You can get it here

IJN Chokai

(in reply to apbarog)
Post #: 61
RE: WitpStaff questions and suggestions here please - 8/13/2009 5:32:37 AM   
doc smith

I didn't see anything about my error message (or any similar to it).

I initialized the db and loaded 6 days, one at a time, into the db. When I tried to load the next day, I got an error that LCUsMarchOnlyToExistingBases table...

Not sure how to debug this problem. Don't know why Staff failed. Any help would be appreciated. I've been trying to sort out "the Staff" for over a week now and do need the help to manage the Empire.

Running WinXP Svc Pack 2, I believe.

Peace,
Doc

(in reply to Woos)
Post #: 62
RE: WitpStaff questions and suggestions here please - 8/13/2009 6:16:46 AM   
erstad

quote:

ORIGINAL: doc smith

I didn't see anything about my error message (or any similar to it).

I initialized the db and loaded 6 days, one at a time, into the db. When I tried to load the next day, I got an error that LCUsMarchOnlyToExistingBases table...

There are a couple of us who have reported this, but I know as the threads get longer it gets progressively more difficult to find anything...

At least in the reported cases, it seems to be associated with an LCU that was in Reserve during combat and is now in pursuit. The witpstaff author (Woos) has a fix in mind for the next version (No, I have no idea when that is).

A workaround is to go to the unit in question, and set it to move to a base. Save the file with this change (under a new number, of course, so you don't overwrite your "real" file). In my experience, this new file can then be read.

(in reply to doc smith)
Post #: 63
RE: WitpStaff questions and suggestions here please - 8/15/2009 12:01:55 AM   
erstad

I'm on 12-19 in a PBEM, and the "5d AvgGain" column is still blank on my Logistics/storage tab.  Shouldn't I have something?

As a guess, I am playing 2 day turns.  Any chance it's looking back 5 days and not finding something exactly 5 days prior?

(in reply to erstad)
Post #: 64
RE: WitpStaff questions and suggestions here please - 8/15/2009 2:05:18 PM   
tacfire

I have one suggestion:

On the WitpStaff aircraft tab, I think it would be useful to add a column for the engines types used by the aircraft.
I know I can find this info in game, but I prefer to use your excel-type format for comparing aircraft when doing AC production planning.

Great tool thanks for all the hard work on it.

(in reply to erstad)
Post #: 65
RE: WitpStaff questions and suggestions here please - 8/16/2009 9:58:29 PM   
Woos

New version 0.7a to try. Solves some of the problems (most importantly the LCUsMarchOnlyToExistingBases one) and adds a few new features such as

* Engines and ServiceRatings for planes
* Conversions and rearm costs for Ships
* A new "Bases" map-overview showing where your factories are and at which bases surplus/lack of resources exists (makes it easier to target the correct harbors).
* Individual(!) Dumps to CSV (not the DumpAll dump) now have labels! (After lots of fighting with java.nio). Plus a "Current OOB" dump.

Not in yet: Changing the 5d overview to 6 days so that it works also in 2 and 3 day turn games (sorry, erstad, forgot it and now don't want to boot back into Linux).

Just unzip and overwrite the existing witpDecoder2.jar with it. Since I don't know exactly anymore what I agreed with Matrixgames 1 1/2 years or so ago concerning releases it is not going to be mentioned in the first post. Gives some advantage to people actually reading the thread ;-)

Oh, and
a) Database format has changed! You have to delete your database to use it.
b) Absolutely no guarantee from me. Even less from Matrixgames.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Woos -- 8/16/2009 10:02:26 PM >

(in reply to erstad)
Post #: 66
RE: WitpStaff questions and suggestions here please - 8/16/2009 10:18:13 PM   
apbarog

I successfully loaded my last 5 saves in my current game versus the AI. Everything looks good so far. Thanks!

(in reply to Woos)
Post #: 67
RE: WitpStaff questions and suggestions here please - 8/17/2009 11:14:46 PM   
doc smith

I have aproblem similar to Lord Sunderland's post of 4 August. I an running scenario 001, one day turns. Windows XP Svc Pk 2. WitPStaff is working fine until around 16 Dec then when I try to upload the latest save game file, I get a fatal error. WitpDecoder says:

There is a problem with LCU 3332 (13th Tank) as follows:
Couldn't write things to the DB due to java.sql.SQLException: Integrity constraint violation - no parent LCUsMarchOnlyToExistingBases table: LCUStatus
java.sql.SQLException: Integrity constraint violation - no parent LCUsMarchOnlyToExistingBases table: LCUStatus
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcStatement.fetchResult(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.a.b(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.data.j.a(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.data.j.b(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.data.p.c(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.c.a(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.gui.aU.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.gui.bq.a(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.gui.W.widgetSelected(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.gui.aQ.a(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.Main.a(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.Main.main(Unknown Source)

The stuff in bold is what's shown on the error message. As indicated, the rest comes from the end of the Decoder rpt.

Hope you can give some help. It does provide some useful information.

Peace,
Doc Smith

(in reply to Woos)
Post #: 68
RE: WitpStaff questions and suggestions here please - 8/18/2009 11:40:48 AM   
Woos

Doc,

bonus points for a good bug report, malus points for not reading the post two above yours.

(in reply to doc smith)
Post #: 69
RE: WitpStaff questions and suggestions here please - 8/18/2009 6:37:32 PM   
Theages

I am using the 0.7a version.
I created a new database and loaded my last save (as Japan, Dec 29th 1941) into it.
On the "Ship Classes" tab "Ship Type: CV" "Nationality: Japanese" "Availability: Current Only" the CV Zuikaku is missing from the list, despite being active (not sunk) and in a Task Force.
Also 6 of the 10 BBs are missing and some CAs etc.; I did not check the other types.

(in reply to Woos)
Post #: 70
RE: WitpStaff questions and suggestions here please - 8/18/2009 8:40:24 PM   
Woos

Aehm, how about contemplating about the meaning of

Shipclasses

(in reply to Theages)
Post #: 71
RE: WitpStaff questions and suggestions here please - 8/19/2009 1:08:10 AM   
scout1

OK, WitpStaff Question for turn 0/1 ....

I want to build a database/csv file for ALL the bases relative to port size, resources, oil, refineries, Light Industry, etc .....
Playing as only the IJN, I only get the data from those bases held by the IJN. I ran a second attempt playing against an IJN AI and loading the Allied data to complete the package and WitpStaff informs me that this turn is in the past for this scenario .... Too bad ....

Am I

1) doing anything wrong ?
2) trying something impossible ?
3) screwing up how to do some thing that is easy ?
4) somewhere in between.....

Again, looking for the starting game data on ALL bases (Allied or Japanese) for planning purposes .....

(in reply to Woos)
Post #: 72
RE: WitpStaff questions and suggestions here please - 8/19/2009 1:11:34 AM   
n01487477

Did you delete the appropriate DB folder and then reinitialise the DB thereby starting afresh ?

--Damian--

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 73
RE: WitpStaff questions and suggestions here please - 8/19/2009 1:14:15 AM   
scout1

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

Did you delete the appropriate DB folder and then reinitialise the DB thereby starting afresh ?

--Damian--

Started a new game. Saved under a new file. Created a new DB folder .... Thought that would be overkill ..... Still resisting ... ?

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 74
RE: WitpStaff questions and suggestions here please - 8/19/2009 1:21:54 AM   
n01487477

Probably a silly Q, but is witpstaff configured (starting) to that new DB folder ? Otherwise I'm a little confused why you're having a problem too ... 

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 75
RE: WitpStaff questions and suggestions here please - 8/19/2009 2:16:23 AM   
scout1

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

Probably a silly Q, but is witpstaff configured (starting) to that new DB folder ? Otherwise I'm a little confused why you're having a problem too ... 

probably my lack of knowledge as to how to use it. Getting ready to delete the original db and start anew. Does seem odd that I can't merely start a new game, a new db and run from there though .... It's got to be my lack of knowledge ....

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 76
RE: WitpStaff questions and suggestions here please - 8/19/2009 6:54:27 PM   
Woos

You can not at the same time load Allied / IJN data into the same WitpStaff database. The tool is written to maintain FoW even in games against the AI. If you want to see the side of the AI you need a second database. You can read the same savefiles into the second database (as long as it is from an AI game).

For the second database you must convince WitpStaff to allow you to create another DB. Just Select "Change Database Directory" from the File Menu and click cancle. WitpStaff then allows you to generate a new database (and I think I explained that in the documentation). The number of database you can create is only limited by the disk capacity. You switch between them with "Change Database Directory".
You should start reading manuals.

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 77
RE: WitpStaff questions and suggestions here please - 8/19/2009 11:48:36 PM   
scout1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woos

You can not at the same time load Allied / IJN data into the same WitpStaff database. The tool is written to maintain FoW even in games against the AI. If you want to see the side of the AI you need a second database. You can read the same savefiles into the second database (as long as it is from an AI game).

For the second database you must convince WitpStaff to allow you to create another DB. Just Select "Change Database Directory" from the File Menu and click cancle. WitpStaff then allows you to generate a new database (and I think I explained that in the documentation). The number of database you can create is only limited by the disk capacity. You switch between them with "Change Database Directory".
You should start reading manuals.

Reading manuals is probably the appropriate task here ....

Being an engineer though, you NEVER EVER READ THE MANUAL .....

So I am at a disadvantage. Thank you for your suggestion though ....

(in reply to Woos)
Post #: 78
RE: WitpStaff questions and suggestions here please - 8/20/2009 1:04:24 PM   
Sardaukar

Does WitPStaff work for Scen 6 (Dec8 start campaign) ? I am at work and cannot check right now..

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 79
RE: WitpStaff questions and suggestions here please - 8/21/2009 10:16:02 AM   
tacfire

"Ship tonnage" might be a nice feature to add to ship classes, it is now important for port size, ship docking, etc...

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 80
RE: WitpStaff questions and suggestions here please - 8/21/2009 9:17:28 PM   
John Lansford

I have an nVidia graphics card in my computer, and at first AE ran fine on it.  Now I'm starting to get "ghosts" where the popup info screens from TF's and bases don't refresh back to their original screen view, and only clicking on another hex restores the screen.  I've updated the drivers and this is still occurring.  Is there a particular video card that was tested for this game so I can replace this one with it?

(in reply to tacfire)
Post #: 81
RE: WitpStaff questions and suggestions here please - 8/22/2009 6:41:53 PM   
Mistmatz

Scenario 1 data in WitP staff shows a fuel production of 23490 for the USA/Canada cluster.

The influx of supplies and fuel into base 'Eastern USA' would rise that number significantly (40k fuel and 65k supplies). I understand this is technically not produced but brought onto the map out of nowhere but it would be nice to have this data to work with.

Same is true for the other off-map bases that bring supply/fuel onto the map like Abadan and Capetown although those do not have a cluster which I would also like to see included.

(in reply to John Lansford)
Post #: 82
RE: WitpStaff questions and suggestions here please - 8/23/2009 6:38:14 PM   
Woos

Sardaukar,
Yes. Only the "small" scenarios should give problems (due to "switched off" bases and headquarters).

tacfire,
I'll think about it. But unless sudden delays occur, it will not be in Patch 1.

John,
I think this is the wrong thread.

Mistmatz,
That is actually something you can do yourself very well. You just have to edit the cluster.csv and clusterbases.csv files (see WitpStaff's Manual). It has also been suggested from the Betas that I split the Korea, North-China, Russia cluster because for Allies this is wrong. No supplies/resources will move between China and USSR unless the latter is activated. I didn't do, because I use the tool mainly from the IJ perspective. Feel free to improve and post the respective .csv files for an allied perspective.

(in reply to Mistmatz)
Post #: 83
RE: WitpStaff questions and suggestions here please - 8/26/2009 4:51:56 PM   
Erik Rutins

To get WITP Staff working with the v1.083 Public Beta, you will need to install this update from Microsoft:

Install vcredist_x86.exe found at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=766A6AF7-EC73-40FF-B072-9112BAB119C2&displaylang=en

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Woos)
Post #: 84
RE: WitpStaff questions and suggestions here please - 8/26/2009 8:09:51 PM   
cantona2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

To get WITP Staff working with the v1.083 Public Beta, you will need to install this update from Microsoft:

Install vcredist_x86.exe found at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=766A6AF7-EC73-40FF-B072-9112BAB119C2&displaylang=en

Witpstaff still wont run, I'm running Vista Ultimate 32 bit if it helps

1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 85
RE: WitpStaff questions and suggestions here please - 8/26/2009 8:36:32 PM   
cantona2

quote:

config.directory is db
Sorry, there are to many changes from your internal DB version (5) to the current one.
Please end this program, delete all the database directories in the witpStaff directory
and restart the program. You will then have to initialize a new database and re-load your savefiles.

This is the message in the log file

(in reply to cantona2)
Post #: 86
RE: WitpStaff questions and suggestions here please - 8/26/2009 8:44:46 PM   
cantona2

Disregard got it to work, I had to dump the DB and start a new one.

(in reply to cantona2)
Post #: 87
RE: WitpStaff questions and suggestions here please - 8/27/2009 12:53:21 AM   
jcjordan

Woos a feature change if not already mentioned - on the events tab the date shows funny. In Dec it shows in the format of 0 for the month followed by the day of the month ie Dec 28th would show as 0/28 but Jan 1st showed as 1/1 but the other days of Jan (only to the 5th so far) show as 0/day of month. Shouldn't the month show as whatever the # month it is all the way through the month? I'm using the hotfix version as I've not installed 7a yet.

(in reply to cantona2)
Post #: 88
RE: WitpStaff questions and suggestions here please - 8/27/2009 1:47:03 AM   
jgsIII

Is there any docs on the WitpStaff? Never used this before. Thanks.

(in reply to erstad)
Post #: 89
RE: WitpStaff questions and suggestions here please - 8/27/2009 2:31:54 PM   
asdicus

Running the beta patch v1083c and I have applied the vcredist_x86.exe patch to my windows xp system mentioned in post 84 above. Up to this point witpstaff ran fine but now when I load up the scenario file I get the following error.

config.directory is db
Now trying plugin UPGTestPlugin
Could not read the turn because of java.io.IOException: Skipping forward failed somehow. Unexpected EOF at pos 1040?
java.io.IOException: Skipping forward failed somehow. Unexpected EOF at pos 1040?
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.ioreaders.p.a(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.ioreaders.c.a(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.c.a(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.gui.aV.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.gui.bt.a(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.gui.X.widgetSelected(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.gui.aR.a(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.Main.a(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.Main.main(Unknown Source)

(in reply to Marc)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: WitpStaff questions and suggestions here please Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI