Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Physical Shipment Status

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Physical Shipment Status Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/7/2009 8:41:21 AM   
wworld7

LOL

Flipper

(in reply to Lützow)
Post #: 211
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/7/2009 12:41:46 PM   
Erik Rutins

We may have approval, waiting for a form to come in, but things are looking good. If the form comes through, we will tell the warehouse to go ahead and start shipping.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to wworld7)
Post #: 212
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/7/2009 1:01:01 PM   
m10bob

I know those customs guys.........Labels, schmabels....Tell 'em to get their own d**ned game!

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 213
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/7/2009 1:25:08 PM   
Sardaukar

They are "evaluating" the game....  You might have a looong wait, at least until they finish one Grand Campaign...

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 214
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/7/2009 3:59:27 PM   
chesmart

Got the game by post today in Malta, Great Manual and Game. Thankyou Erik for intervening with Digital River and solving the postage Snafu.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 215
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/7/2009 4:30:12 PM   
awadley

Erik,
Great job, keep up the hard work, we are on your side.

Gunner USMCR

(in reply to chesmart)
Post #: 216
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/7/2009 5:45:21 PM   
TheOx

The monks at Malta are reading the WITP:AE before me! ROFL

(in reply to awadley)
Post #: 217
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/7/2009 7:23:57 PM   
sdevault

Please update me with some positive news...

The only good thing is that I still have Witp.

(in reply to TheOx)
Post #: 218
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/7/2009 7:27:48 PM   
chesmart

Royal Mail is still the fastest Postal service in Europe!!!!!!!!

(in reply to sdevault)
Post #: 219
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/7/2009 7:31:44 PM   
Erik Rutins

We finally got approval!!

However, it's late enough in the day (Warehouse closes at 4PM on Fridays) that we're not sure how many orders, if any, will ship out today. I'm hoping at least a few will make it out the door. Regardless, we should be fulfilling all the other back-orders on Monday.

Thank you everyone for your patience with us, this has without a doubt been the most bizarre manual experience we've had so far and I'm sorry it had an impact on the fulfillment of physical orders for this release.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to chesmart)
Post #: 220
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/7/2009 7:35:17 PM   
sdevault

Thanks for everything.

Post #: 221
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/7/2009 7:40:07 PM   
sdevault

I must add that is was fantastic to get daily updates on the progress.
At least I’m speaking for myself, but, I have also found that people can be patient and reasonable if they are given truthful explanations. It makes them feel that you care. the only bad part is that now... I think I love you.

< Message edited by sdevault -- 8/7/2009 7:43:48 PM >

(in reply to sdevault)
Post #: 222
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/7/2009 7:43:25 PM   
awadley

Erik,
I agree with sdevault, Thank you for the daily updates, and the factual knowledge that you passed on to us.  Thanks, again.

Gunner USMCR

(in reply to sdevault)
Post #: 223
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/7/2009 7:45:50 PM   
tocaff

If all companies dealt with their customers this way we'd be spoiled rotten.  Thanks....

Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768

(in reply to awadley)
Post #: 224
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/7/2009 8:10:47 PM   
hbrsvl

Eric-I also agree with sdevault(except the "love" bit).

Again, as with Adm. King-"very well done."

Hugh Browne

Post #: 225
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/7/2009 8:16:18 PM   
TheOx

Cool!

(in reply to hbrsvl)
Post #: 226
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/7/2009 8:23:04 PM   
m10bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: hbrsvl

Eric-I also agree with sdevault(except the "love" bit).

Again, as with Adm. King-"very well done."

Hugh Browne

WADDAYA MEAN YUH DON' LOVE 'IM?????...Since WHEN???????

(in reply to hbrsvl)
Post #: 227
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/7/2009 8:33:09 PM   
Ron Belcher

I just ordered mine! I have the digi too... so, on behalf of my Brother's and Sisters (...yeah, we know
you ladies enjoy it at Sea too!), have made their purchases way before me... I can wait!

But watch out... my subs are in a wolf-pack frenzy already! =) So, they're not part of Doenitz... but,
hey.. we know Carrier tactics (we're looking for Halsey's.. and I don't wanna hear about him laid up
in some hospital because of Poison Oak! That's just some elaborate ruse (..um, right Mr. Coburn!?).

Artwork graciously provided by Rogueusmc

Post #: 228
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/7/2009 8:41:28 PM   
joe chod

Erik,
Thanks......spent more time waiting on ambushes that paid off so no problems here.  In fact did not sweat and stink and have to be silent at all...spent some time off by following advice of posts # 193-195.  very soothing to the eyes especially since the rains of July have stopped here in New England.  Was thinking about building an arc but also having odd thoughts the KB would attack it if I did......weird.

Thanks
"RLTW!"
Joe

(in reply to Ron Belcher)
Post #: 229
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/7/2009 9:23:47 PM   
CEDeaton

Funny you should mention that, mullk. I just got this from my 80 year-old Dad the other day:

New Direction for any war: Send Service Vets over 60!

I am over 60 and the Armed Forces thinks I'm too old to track down terrorists. You can't be older than 42 to join the military. They've got the whole thing backwards. Instead of sending 18-year olds off to fight, they ought to take us old guys. You shouldn't be able to join a military unit until you're at least 35.

For starters: Researchers say 18-year-olds think about sex every 10 seconds. Old guys only think about sex a couple of times a day, leaving us more than 28,000 additional seconds per day to concentrate on the enemy.

Young guys haven't lived long enough to be cranky, and a cranky soldier is a dangerous soldier. 'My back hurts! I can't sleep, I'm tired and hungry' We are impatient and maybe letting us kill some jerk that desperately deserves it will make us feel better and shut us up for a while.

An 18-year-old doesn't even like to get up before 10 a.m. Old guys always get up early to pee so what the hell. Besides, like I said, 'I'm tired and can't sleep and since I'm already up, I may as well be up killing some fanatic S.O.B.

If captured we couldn't spill the beans because we'd forget where we put them. In fact, name, rank, and serial number would be a real brainteaser.

Boot camp would be easier for old guys. We're used to getting screamed and yelled at and we're used to soft food. We've also developed an appreciation for guns. We've been using them for years as an excuse to get out of the house, away from the screaming and yelling.

They could lighten up on the obstacle course however. I've been in combat and didn't see a single 20-foot wall with rope hanging over the side, nor did I ever do any pushups after completing basic training.

Actually, the running part is kind of a waste of energy, too. I've never seen anyone outrun a bullet.

An 18-year-old has the whole world ahead of him. He's still learning to shave, to start up a conversation with a pretty girl. He still hasn't figured out that a baseball cap has a brim to shade his eyes, not the back of his head.

These are all great reasons to keep our kids at home to learn a little more about life before sending them off into harm's way.

Let us old guys track down the terrorists. The last thing an enemy would want to see is a couple of million pi**ed-off old guys with attitudes and automatic weapons who know that their best years are already behind them.

How about recruiting Women over 50 ...with menopausal symptoms !!! You think Men have attitudes !!! This war would be over in a month.

< Message edited by CraigDeaton -- 8/7/2009 9:34:26 PM >

Semper Fi,
Craig

It's always pilot error. Sometimes the idiot just doesn't know how to fly a broken aircraft.

(in reply to pmelheck1)
Post #: 230
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/7/2009 9:32:27 PM   
CEDeaton

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

They are "evaluating" the game....  You might have a looong wait, at least until they finish one Grand Campaign...

A REALLY excellent point is brought up here. We're talking about a campaign game that will take us all at least a full year to play through - if we are VERY dedicated.

Getting all ticked-off over a couple week delay is pretty silly when you stop to think about it.

Semper Fi,
Craig

It's always pilot error. Sometimes the idiot just doesn't know how to fly a broken aircraft.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 231
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/7/2009 9:38:56 PM   
V22 Osprey

quote:

ORIGINAL: CraigDeaton
Getting all ticked-off over a couple week delay is pretty silly when you stop to think about it.

Thanks for comment.

Well, once school starts, I will have like no time to really play it, as I'm taking Advanced Placement History this year so Summer is the only real game time I have left.YOu obviously don't understand.

And a couple weeks is along time.

< Message edited by V22 Osprey -- 8/7/2009 9:39:58 PM >

Art by rogueusmc.

(in reply to CEDeaton)
Post #: 232
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/7/2009 9:48:48 PM   
whippleofd

Or next time have Matrix contract with an AMERICAN COMPANY to do the job. Stop contributing to the shipping of jobs overseas and you wouldn't have to deal with issues such as this.

For those of you who wish to respond with, well thats what everyone does, I'll tell you ahead of time what I tell my students: "Just because everyone does it, doesn't make it right."

I would have no problem paying another dollar or two to ensure my money remained in America.

Whipple

MMCS(SW/AW) 1981-2001
1981 RTC, SD
81-82 NPS, Orlando
82-85 NPTU, Idaho Falls
85-90 USS Truxtun (CGN-35)
90-93 USS George Washington (CVN-73)
93-96 NFAS Orlando
96-01 Navsea-08/Naval Reactors

(in reply to V22 Osprey)
Post #: 233
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/7/2009 9:51:19 PM   
V22 Osprey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whipple

Or next time have Matrix contract with an AMERICAN COMPANY to do the job. Stop contributing to the shipping of jobs overseas and you wouldn't have to deal with issues such as this.

For those of you who wish to respond with, well thats what everyone does, I'll tell you ahead of time what I tell my students: "Just because everyone does it, doesn't make it right."

I would have no problem paying another dollar or two to ensure my money remained in America.

Whipple

Agreed.This printing the manual in China thing is a joke.

Art by rogueusmc.

(in reply to whippleofd)
Post #: 234
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/7/2009 11:17:19 PM   
ool

Hey Eric,

Using the same printers for Grigsby's coming air war game release??

Post #: 235
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/8/2009 12:14:12 AM   
AttuWatcher

quote:

ORIGINAL: V22 Osprey

quote:

Whipple

Even though I agree with trying, within reason, to keep the printing business in the states who knows (except Erik) how much the extra cost would have been.

If you really aren't averse to footing the extra cost why didn't you order the download version from Matrix and save us all the whining?

If your going to rain on the parade now that it's finally sorted out (thank you very much Erik) you could atleast practice what you preach.

And a couple weeks is not a long time.

(in reply to V22 Osprey)
Post #: 236
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/8/2009 12:21:47 AM   
DivePac88

Thank you Erik and team have just received my Collector’s edition physical Shipment delivered in the morning mail. Good old Royal mail; it was posted in the UK on Tuesday morning, and travels half-way around the world to the South Island of New Zealand by Saturday morning.

When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way

(in reply to wworld7)
Post #: 237
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/8/2009 1:26:24 AM   
V22 Osprey

quote:

ORIGINAL: FAsea

quote:

quote:

Whipple

Even though I agree with trying, within reason, to keep the printing business in the states who knows (except Erik) how much the extra cost would have been.

If you really aren't averse to footing the extra cost why didn't you order the download version from Matrix and save us all the whining?

If your going to rain on the parade now that it's finally sorted out (thank you very much Erik) you could atleast practice what you preach.

And a couple weeks is not a long time.

1)A couple weeks is along time when you have 30 days of summer vacation left.(2 weeks is a half of a month last time I checked.)

2)I wasn't raining the parade, I was simply agreeing with a fellow forum member.If I'm raining on the parade, Whipple is as well, but because I'm not one of your buddies, its soo wrong for me huh?

3)Notice Whipple said a ''dollar or two''.I believe if I ordered my copy directly from matrix it would've been $25 more.So I dont have the ''extra cash'' you are talking about.

4)I was trying to move on, but you want to bring up my whining again.I should whine just to bite you in the a$$.

Art by rogueusmc.

(in reply to AttuWatcher)
Post #: 238
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/8/2009 1:57:23 AM   
erstad

quote:

Well, once school starts, I will have like no time to really play it, as I'm taking Advanced Placement History this year so Summer is the only real game time I have left.YOu obviously don't understand.

If it's AP Euro, life as you know it is over AP American isn't quite as bad, although still pretty demanding.

(in reply to V22 Osprey)
Post #: 239
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/8/2009 2:10:51 AM   
hurtzDonut

Thanks for your responses Eric!  Not your fault about the stickers.  I am glad you at least kept us in the loop!

"Invader blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubberpants" Invader Zim

(in reply to erstad)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Physical Shipment Status Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI