Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Patch?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Patch? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Patch? - 8/11/2009 12:53:58 PM   
mark24

When's the first patch due? I just noticed that the Hornet arrives with Corsairs & Helldivers, will this be fixed in the patch?
Post #: 1
RE: Patch? - 8/11/2009 12:55:21 PM   
IndyShark

30 days after release. Should be soon.

(in reply to mark24)
Post #: 2
RE: Patch? - 8/11/2009 1:03:56 PM   
DivePac88

Just a thought here; when Hornet arrives there will be no Corsairs or Helldivers in the aircraft pools, so my thinking would be that Hornet will arrive with aircraft that are in the pools e.g. Wildcats and Dauntlessness’.

When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way

(in reply to mark24)
Post #: 3
RE: Patch? - 8/11/2009 1:43:46 PM   
mark24

It doesn't though. Def Corsairs & Helldivers.

(in reply to DivePac88)
Post #: 4
RE: Patch? - 8/11/2009 1:47:22 PM   
Erik Rutins

That was one of those lovely last minute bugs, which is already fixed for the first update.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to mark24)
Post #: 5
RE: Patch? - 8/11/2009 4:02:27 PM   
Chad Harrison

Thanks for the update Erik.

My biggest question is whether or not the patch, or any patches, will require a restart? I know there was some 'trick' that you could possibly do to not require a restart, but will that possibly work for all patches? Or will there be a patch down the road where a restart is necessary no matter what.

Thanks again for the info and all the hard work from the entire AE team!

Chad

Edit: I just saw the official patch thread. Joe answered the question with his post regarding Patch Mk I.

< Message edited by Chad Harrison -- 8/11/2009 4:08:07 PM >

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 6
RE: Patch? - 8/11/2009 5:04:45 PM   
mark24

Will the Helldiver/Corsair thang on the Hornet require a restart?

(in reply to Chad Harrison)
Post #: 7
RE: Patch? - 8/11/2009 5:06:08 PM   
Mynok

They are adding code to update player game data for scenario changes, so it shouldn't unless the AI needs the changes.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to mark24)
Post #: 8
RE: Patch? - 8/29/2009 4:50:15 AM   
Mozo

Just a quick question. I've installed the beta patch and I'm still getting Corsairs (now 2 squadrons of them) on my carriers.

Will the final patch correct this? And how (can I?) switch these back? Will the patch do it for me?

Thanks,

Mozo

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 9
RE: Patch? - 8/29/2009 5:54:08 AM   
witpqs

Just park them someplace out of the way and leave them there until they're supposed to show up. That's what I did.

(in reply to Mozo)
Post #: 10
RE: Patch? - 8/29/2009 1:49:57 PM   
Mozo

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Just park them someplace out of the way and leave them there until they're supposed to show up. That's what I did.

Here's the problem - two of my best carrier air groups now are corsairs. I don't have that many extra F4F air groups lying around (one navy, and one marine I think) - and the one is experience 39 or something - while these were high exp. via combat, etc.

I'm just kinda disappointed that I've invested a huge amount of time into this game, lost one wife, alienated most of my friends, and now the game is kinda screwed up.

Mozo

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 11
RE: Patch? - 8/29/2009 3:32:15 PM   
rockmedic109

If you have PDU on, you can downgrade the Corsars to Wildcats iff you have the Wildcats in the pool.

(in reply to Mozo)
Post #: 12
RE: Patch? - 8/29/2009 3:44:39 PM   
whippleofd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mozo

quote:

Here's the problem - two of my best carrier air groups now are corsairs. I don't have that many extra F4F air groups lying around (one navy, and one marine I think) - and the one is experience 39 or something - while these were high exp. via combat, etc.

I'm just kinda disappointed that I've invested a huge amount of time into this game, lost one wife, alienated most of my friends, and now the game is kinda screwed up.

Mozo

I know you must be jokeing, so I will refrain form a smart azzed comment.

Whipple

MMCS(SW/AW) 1981-2001
1981 RTC, SD
81-82 NPS, Orlando
82-85 NPTU, Idaho Falls
85-90 USS Truxtun (CGN-35)
90-93 USS George Washington (CVN-73)
93-96 NFAS Orlando
96-01 Navsea-08/Naval Reactors

(in reply to Mozo)
Post #: 13
RE: Patch? - 8/29/2009 7:14:30 PM   
witpqs

Hang on there - I have the same thing with the Corsairs showing up early and the other carrier squadrons did not go away early. Just the Corsairs show up early. All you should have to do to keep things "not screwed up" is put the Corsairs aside until they are supposed to arrive. Is there anything that will stop you from doing that?

(in reply to whippleofd)
Post #: 14
RE: Patch? - 8/29/2009 7:52:51 PM   
Herrbear

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mozo

Just a quick question. I've installed the beta patch and I'm still getting Corsairs (now 2 squadrons of them) on my carriers.

Will the final patch correct this? And how (can I?) switch these back? Will the patch do it for me?

Thanks,

Mozo

Just wondering if it has anything to do with the Delay set as 9999. I notice that some VBF squadrons have a delay of 9999 and other have a regular date Delay?

(in reply to Mozo)
Post #: 15
RE: Patch? - 8/29/2009 9:47:54 PM   
Mozo

quote:

Hang on there - I have the same thing with the Corsairs showing up early and the other carrier squadrons did not go away early. Just the Corsairs show up early. All you should have to do to keep things "not screwed up" is put the Corsairs aside until they are supposed to arrive. Is there anything that will stop you from doing that?

You might be right. They appeared on my carriers though - which were full already - so I just assumed it was an upgrade. It's hard to tell - I've had an F4F shortage all game and rarely have my squadrons filled up. It's Aug '42 so I have my carriers sitting in pearl for upgrades. To be honest - I'm not sure. But would a "reinforcement" airgroup just show up ON the carrier?

Thanks for your help.

- Mozo =

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Patch? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI