Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: So tell us a little bit about yourself......

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: So tell us a little bit about yourself...... Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: So tell us a little bit about yourself...... - 9/16/2009 4:39:56 AM   
JeffroK

Gday All,

JeffK was easy as my name is Jeff K....

I live near Wooloomanata, where 79 Sqn RAAF worked up before heading north to the islands.

Born in 1958, it qualifies me for grumpy old bastard rating. First wargame was Jedko's "African Campaign"in roughly 1970. it was later published by AH.

Love sports, even watch American Football. Played Baseball as a kid and the Cricket for about 25 years. Bit of an Ian Harvey for those who know the game.

Did some time in the ADF back in the late 70's / early 80's but really wasnt built for it.

Spent lots of time chasing money on behalf of various Tyre Companies, did nearly 10 years as National Credit Manager.

First PC was an Apple IIC, I still dig it out from time to time.

Now I work for a defense related company, just dont blame me if our bits dont work, 5 minutes from home. Not bad after commuting for an hour plus for the previous 15 years.

Family hasnt really been in the military, though I have 2 nephews serving with 1 in the ADF & another in the Reserve. 2 Uncles served with 2/8 Bn AIF, 19 Bde, 6th Divvy AIF. One did Libya, Greece, Darwin & New Guinea and the other just Darwin & New Guinea, another uncle was in 106th Tank Attack Rgt & then the RAAF as groundcrew. One of my Mothers cousins was in 2/3 MG Bn and captured on Java, killed when the ship carrying him to some japanese prison was sunk by a USN Submarine. On my wife's side a relly was killed at Gallipoli on 2/5/15, only lasted a week, and another gassed at Broodsiene Ridge nr Passchendaele in 1917. Prior to that was a relly who wasa Captain in the Cavarly at Waterloo, actually a teamster with the Royal Horse Artillery

While knowing a lot about Australias efforts in 2 World Wars, and a lot about the Pacaific War I always find snippets of useful information here, though I am not a lover of "how many rivets in a Wellingtons wing (Mk X, not the IC)" and a firm believer that wars are won by men and not always by the technical superiority(or otherwise) of their weapons. I hate the growing idolisation of the "Evil Empires" of the 40's. Would you accept the same of Al Qaeda or the Taliban in 40 years?

End of speech, waiting to get home and put in the patch fixer patch!

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to thegreatwent)
Post #: 91
RE: So tell us a little bit about yourself...... - 9/16/2009 5:43:13 AM   
bilbow

My name is Bill and I am a WITP addict. My screen name is just a shortening of my name, showing a real lack of imagination compared to many of you.

I'll be 60 next year, been in wargaming since the early sixties when my uncle gave me a copy of Tactics II as a birthday gift. Played all the board games, still have most of them, but the idea actually playing something like Campaign for North Africa leaves me cold after seeing what the computer brings to the wargaming hobby.

Was in AFROTC in college, which was a lot of fun on a Boston college campus during VietNam. Eventually the detachment was shut down since with the end of the war there wasn't much use for a non-flying 2nd Lt. so I never went on active duty. Probably just as good, as I would have likely ended up as a meteorologist or something somewhere north of the Arctic Circle.

I'm originally from New Hampshire, with 25 years in the Boston area before my company was acquired and a bunch of us got shipped to Columbus Ohio. Professionally I'm in logistics with 35 years with a multinational logistics company. I suspect the logistics connection is part of why I am a UV/WITP addict. I still have 4 WITP PBEMs going, struggling to find time for AE. Feinder refers to me as "freakishly diligent" when it comes to mines, just another form of logistics, right?

A benefit of playing PBEM for me is when a game can last a couple of years, by the time it's done these people are my freinds. Some I've never met, and likely never will, but I class all of them as freinds.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile- hoping it will eat him last
- Winston Churchill

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 92
RE: So tell us a little bit about yourself...... - 9/16/2009 2:07:38 PM   
Xargun

Hi all. My first name is Jon, but I also go by Eric (my middle name) but I have used the alias Xargun for years - even back in the Comp-U-Serve days and the original PacWar game. I have always been a huge fan of the Pacific War ever since seeing the movie Midway one day when I was about 12. I discovered the original PacWar in a magazine I just happen to buy and 'made' my mom order it for me on her visa - I still have the original magazine article in my old PacWar folder.

I consider myself a Jap Fanboy and love my Zeros and the IJN CVs - even though I know they will all perish a fiery death. I still love them

I currently live near Columbus, Ohio and have lived in Ohio all my life. I work for a shoe company in their IT department responsible for our IBM Servers. I am married and have a wonderful son (named John with an H after my father) who is 3 year old and a daily terror to my wife and I.

Xargun

(in reply to bilbow)
Post #: 93
RE: So tell us a little bit about yourself...... - 9/16/2009 9:34:28 PM   
morganbj

Born in '49, started playing wargames in 1959 with Tactics (not Tactics II, but Tactics, it's predecessor).

A Texas Aggie, class of '70.

Spent 7 years active and 8 years reserve duty in the US Army as a commissioned officer in Armor and MI.  I was a graduate of the Armor Advanced Course at Ft. Knox and the Command and General Staff College (C&GSC) at Ft. Leavenworth and Myriad other smaller military schools.  I decided to leave when it wasn't fun anymore.  You know, I just got tired of all the crap when a new brigade commander came in who thought he was Georgie Patton (but he was really an incompetent idiot).  On top of that, reserve duty just stank.

Obviously, the assignment I think most fondly of is when I was in the 2nd Cavary in Germany.  Great beer.  Good food.  Twenty extra pounds.

I am now a university administrator that teaches statistics and research methodology for my faculty assignment.  One wife, two daughters, six grand youngins.  Hope to play AE 'till I die (or its successor).

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 94
RE: So tell us a little bit about yourself...... - 9/16/2009 10:22:43 PM   
Kwik E Mart

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok

Computers are my game and have been since day 1. We had them long before you bipeds did. I'm a night owl like all Martians as daytime radiation is far too nasty there. Cold is good. Heat is bad.

You are not a biped?

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 95
RE: So tell us a little bit about yourself...... - 9/16/2009 11:37:08 PM   
Kwik E Mart

Great thread! I like long walks on the beach, candlelit dinners; turn-on's are honesty and....er....ooops....

My real name is Randy. I was born three months after the Kennedy assassination (not sure why I always connect the two dates like that). I've been interested in military stuff ever since I built earthen forts in the front yard and threw dirt clods at the plastic green defending soldiers. My gaming addicition started when I found an old dog-eared copy of AH's D-Day in the closet of a family friends house and I think I bought just about every darn AH title since. Lot's of Third Riech and the Russian Campaign and even more Squad Leader and the follow on modules.

Got interested in joining the Navy while in college...went to the recruiter to take the tests for submarine service...got told my math grades weren't up to par (interesting since I was a physics major, but I learned to never trust recruiters anyways) and was told I would do well in Aviation Officer Candidate School (yep, the same one Richard Gere went thru; the only DI that sends more shivers up my spine than Lou Gossett Jr is the DI from Full Metal Jacket). Top Gun had just come out, so I said what the heck. Maverick was a stud, right? Fourteen weeks of Gunnery Seargent Jones, United States Marine Corps later, and I'm a commissioned officer accepted into the propeller navy for training, which equalled flying the P-3 Orion ASW platform. So, to ChezDaJez and all his tube-rat bretheren, I sincerely apologize for any inadvertant spinal damage I may have caused on rough landings . West Coast tours...VP-40...Naval Grad School...Combat Center USS Carl Vinson...fun with Soviets...first Gulf War stuff...end Cold War...get out and get on with life...

Now happily married to Wife Unit MkII...(MkI liked Officer and a Gentleman too much - you figure it out)...Manufacturing Engineer in large medical equip company...one very cool dog and a parrott that wants to peck my eyes out (hey, bird was packaged with Wife Unit MkII...what can I say?)

Kwik E Mart is a Simpson's reference, possibly one of the best TV shows ever made, IMHO. Avatar is my pilot wings and ribbons from service. Sig is an Austin Powers' movie quote (Mike Meyers is a comic genius IMHO) and the banner I made from a pic on the internet. And by the way, after 516 posts, no one has commented on the "Victory in the Pacific" versus "War in the Pacific" gaffe. So I think most of you have poor attention to detail (unlikely if you are playing AE) or you are all very apathetic (again unlikely with the fervor and debate on this forum)....so I guess you are all just incredibly polite to not point out my D'oh moment when creating the banner .

Anyways, I enjoy reading and participating on this forum...as some of you probably have noticed, I like to add my warped sense of humor to a lot of the posts that I make - I hope that it does not offend or miff too many people on the forum, but life is too short to not see the humor in it.

(Damn, this turned into a novel...I REALLY need to concentrate more on work...)

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!

(in reply to Kwik E Mart)
Post #: 96
RE: So tell us a little bit about yourself...... - 9/17/2009 10:53:58 AM   
Reg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

And by the way, after 516 posts, no one has commented on the "Victory in the Pacific" versus "War in the Pacific" gaffe.

It's another classic....

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Reg -- 9/17/2009 10:55:05 AM >

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!

Post #: 97
RE: So tell us a little bit about yourself...... - 9/17/2009 1:28:36 PM   
AvG

AvG is short for my name Ad van Gerwen. Living since 1938 in the Netherlands.
Strategy-games, the complexer the better, are my addiction. Playing 5-10 hours per day (pensioned)
Changed in the sixties from board-games to computer-games, and also started programming.
Allways dreamed of my own WW2-simulation on which I spend thousands of hours. Result zill. The introduction of Windows 95 made a new start necessary. Still am trying though.
AvG

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 98
RE: So tell us a little bit about yourself...... - 9/17/2009 5:12:20 PM   
Kwik E Mart

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

And by the way, after 516 posts, no one has commented on the "Victory in the Pacific" versus "War in the Pacific" gaffe.

It's another classic....

I think that is what I was thinking when I did the banner! Good find...

(in reply to Reg)
Post #: 99
RE: So tell us a little bit about yourself...... - 9/17/2009 9:11:25 PM   
AW1Steve

Bump...

Post #: 100
RE: So tell us a little bit about yourself...... - 9/17/2009 9:13:05 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

Bump!

Figures. Who else would bump this thread.

Dont tell me you havent started a geezer thread in the AE forum.

Not yet. Do you thnik that I should?

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 101
RE: So tell us a little bit about yourself...... - 9/19/2009 1:12:06 AM   
derhexer

My name is Chris. I was born right after WWII and grw up in Chicago. I picked derhexer as a userid based on a movie title. In late 1964 I was hitchiking thru West Germany and came across a movie theater that was showing Derhexer Von Oz with Judy Garland. It took almsot 30 years, but I finally claimed derhexer as one of my AOL ids. (I have several based on what personality I am.)

Been wargaming more than 50 years - started out with Tactics II, and later went on to play a lot of other board games. I was one of the origina; subscribers to Strategy & Tactics magazine. At one time I had over 250 board games. I was also a member of a naval wargame group in Chicago that used the Fletcher Pratt rules.

I am a husband, father, Vietnam veteran, and electronic wargame addict.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 102
RE: So tell us a little bit about yourself...... - 9/19/2009 2:07:00 AM   
helldiver

Forced myself off reading the forums for a few weeks so I would actually start PLAYING AE. Just found this thread.

Born 1947 in NJ and been a wargamer since I used my paper route money to buy AH's Tactics and Gettysburg. Still have tons of board and SPI games.
Linguist and cryppie in the Army Security Agency before it mutated. Spent years in Panama and Southcom in those days. I'm seriously Married, four grown kids, and a grandson. We live in the hills of West Virginia.
Loner, so slowly made the switch from board to computer wargames to have someone to play against and to do the bookkeeping. Doggedly filled out those "what kind of games would you like to see in the future?" cards with "...strategic Pacific game.." and was finally rewarded with PacWar. Found Matrix almost by accident and got UV and Witp. Just retired from professoring and, at about the same time, received AE. I'm 62 and really only want from my remaining life to continue geocaching and to play one complete AE game from each side.

Happy Trails.

(in reply to derhexer)
Post #: 103
RE: So tell us a little bit about yourself...... - 9/19/2009 8:38:39 AM   
LargeSlowTarget

Lots of old farts here - make room for the younger generation . Born 1974, my name is Uwe, I'm a Kraut (and thus Axis fanboy by birth ), but living in France with my French wife and two sons. My nick LST comes from my fascination with the often dark, morbid humor of military men. Well, my interest in military history got triggered by a small WWII cemetery near my parents' house, that explains. Started wargaming at age 14 on the C64 (e.g. "Kampfgruppe", "Guadalcanal"). Spent a year of compulsory military service in the Bundeswehr as a MBT gunner, then studied modern history and geography. Unfortunately I discovered PacWar and later UV and as a result squandered whole semesters . But not in vain, since now I am working for an online PC games distributor. Now have free access to hundreds of games - but spend 95% of gaming time with WITP and now AE. My colleagues jibe me for "still playing this Pacific game" after so many years (PBEM plodding along for almost 4 years now, has reached Jan 44) and maintain that "LargeSlowTarget" in reality refers to my proven ineptness in playing FPS games against them. Will stick to strategy games...
Btw, I'm tempted to change my nick to "OB West", since I recently moved to the city which hosted the German GHQ for France and Western Europe during WWII. Nuff said.

(in reply to helldiver)
Post #: 104
RE: So tell us a little bit about yourself...... - 9/19/2009 12:40:11 PM   
Takeshi

Didn't you used to have a more interesting banner?

(in reply to LargeSlowTarget)
Post #: 105
RE: So tell us a little bit about yourself...... - 9/19/2009 7:42:07 PM   
Whisper

Whisper comes from the name of a boat I have. It's the sound I make when I pass you. I am a Corporal in the USMC, and one day the CO said he was doing an outside CPX and would any body like to come along and there was a keg. Free beer and I'm on it. But i got hooked just like a bass. I'm from bayou SW part of Louisiana and believe kissing the blue one brings good luck.

Post #: 106
RE: So tell us a little bit about yourself...... - 9/20/2009 11:57:33 AM   
Macca

Hi there,

My true name is Maciej. Born in 1981 November the 10th in northern Poland in Koszalin, not far from the Baltic Sea. Currently living in Warsaw, where I work for the Civil Aviation Office of Poland.

Studied English philology and political science.

I've been a hitory buff and strategy games nut since primary school. Together with a friend of mine we would play wargames both board ones and with little models of vehicles, soldiers, self-built 1:72 scale houses and walk among all these items on toes trying to take measurements to know if that Sherman tank had a chance of penetrating the Panther's armor from this angle. Now Combat Mission series do that on PCs, but I kinda miss the old days.

I enjoy reading (various kinds of literature - history, good SF- A.C.Clarke e.g.) and music (used to attend music school with guitar as the instrument of choice).

My avatar shows my love for SS2, which I played a lot on Amiga back in the beginning of 1990s and absolutely loved it. And my nick is partially becayse of my name MACiej and partially because I am a big fan of Paul McCartney, known as Macca ;)Signature is an art made by a mate of mine from a screenshot taken while playing il-2 online.

Since i started to work I find less and less time to play games (oh horror!), but when I can I play Il-2 Sturmovik, Silent Hunter 3 and 4, Combat Mission series and ArmA2. ArmA and Il-2 I play only online with my friends from the Fighting Irish Squadron and Platoon;)

Single, no kids. But would love to have 2 or 3;)

< Message edited by Macca -- 9/20/2009 12:02:11 PM >

(in reply to Whisper)
Post #: 107
RE: So tell us a little bit about yourself...... - 9/21/2009 9:54:09 AM   
AW1Steve

Bump....

(in reply to Macca)
Post #: 108
RE: So tell us a little bit about yourself...... - 9/21/2009 1:33:24 PM   
Raverdave

My turn.

Real name is Dave and born in '64.  Been gaming since I could walk.  Started with those plastic monsters that you would get out of cornflakes packets in the 60's and 70's...used to build large armies and have a ball until I discovered Airfix Soldiers and models !  Oh how my world expanded !  From then I spent the next eight years or so fighting the different battles of WWI and WWII with the occasional Waterloo thrown in for fun. I was in luck as there was a house down the road where I grew up that had three brothers.  We spent the some of the golden years of my childhood gaming with those airfix soldiers and models. 
Then in the late 70's I discovered board games !  Oh how my world expanded yet again !  First it was Panzer leader, then Luftwaffe, and then joy of joys the first Squad Leader game came out. Again many a good year was spent war gaming. 

Then I discovered girls and the Army and beer and that was the end of my gaming days for sometime.  

Until the C64 came along and I then spent endless nights playing a game called "ELITE" (remember the loading by cassette tape anyone?). Kids, work, wife and mortage fit in there somewhere as well as my first windows PC which soon had SP and Harpoon loaded. Those were the days....SP via email turns were the best.

Fell onto the Matrix site when I was looking to get back into wargaming after straying off the path to play FPS like DooM and Quake for many years (was even in a Clan !).
Anyway found UV which led to being a beta tester for WiTP and here I still am.  I have many great friends that I have met through this forum from all over the world and have even travelled across the world to meet of few (and had then come here it this lovely corner of the world called Mornington).

Currently working in Emergency Services and spend some of my "other" spare time as a volunteer with the Coast Guard.

This forum is my Virtual home.

< Message edited by Raverdave -- 9/21/2009 1:35:23 PM >

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 109
RE: So tell us a little bit about yourself...... - 9/21/2009 3:50:28 PM   
crsutton

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsutton

It is my psuedonym. I am actually the Prime Minister of Swedan.......

Seriously, I wonder if he still plays the game?

As for myself, I am 54 and live in Maryland. Been playing games since the old square hex AH Gettysburg. I was in the merhant marine for ten years and now make my living selling and investing in real estate.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 110
RE: So tell us a little bit about yourself...... - 9/21/2009 10:11:20 PM   
JeffroK

Grognerd

Me, I'm Larry Bush, I'm semi-retired in Melbourne Florida...

I had a girlfriend from Melbourne, and her parents lied in Naples, or did she live in Naples and her parents in Melbourne??????

Loooong time ago.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 111
RE: So tell us a little bit about yourself...... - 9/22/2009 11:42:45 AM   
cantona2

Born 1975 and a history buff. Took a degree in it and i have been teaching since 1998. As far as i know I'm the only person from Gibraltar on the Matrix Boards

Interested in ww2 since my grandad told me he had fought at Cassino with the paras one day when he was helping me paint my FJ plastic soldiers and he told me the FJ did not have red helemts, must have been about 6 years old i reckon.

Long history of strategy, RPG and wargaming since the days of the C64. Crusade in Europe, The Bard's Tale, Pirates! and Silent Service all very fondly remembered. Never got much into pen and paper gaming other than all the versions of DnD, which i still play occasionally. Moving onto the PC with RPG games, the Baldurs Gate/Icewind Dale/Neverwinter Nights series, Panzer Generals, HOI and all the Paradox Games until one day i met and fell in love with the Operational Art of War. Fell into Matrix while reading about SPWAW when looking for TOAW scenarios. Bought one of the mega-campaigns (AGS) and then saw Witp and that was it. Been immersed in it so far. Also have UV, which ive played once i think. Now AE rules the roost. Recently also dabbling in MMORPG with a belated attempt at WoW, which i'm enjoying despite myself!

As for myslef i consider myself an Ost Frontkampfer and just began to dabble in the Pacific. I also collect German WW2 militaria focusing on medals and SB/WP. History has always been my passion and I am very fortunate to be able to persue it in my professional and personal life.

My nick is a tribute to my second passion, Manchester United Football Club and my avatar has been with me since the early days of perusing forums online. Cool little pic of a RTK of the SS Wiking Division

< Message edited by cantona2 -- 9/22/2009 11:46:08 AM >

1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 112
RE: So tell us a little bit about yourself...... - 9/22/2009 1:35:46 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

quote:

ORIGINAL: Takeshi

Didn't you used to have a more interesting banner?

Indeed - don't know what happened to it. Have not visited photobucket's website since I uploaded my sigpic about five years ago. Up to now this has not been an issue. Seems photobucket finally woke up.

Hope I kept a copy of the sigpic on the old machine. Have found a temporary placeholder though.

(in reply to Takeshi)
Post #: 113
RE: So tell us a little bit about yourself...... - 9/22/2009 1:46:48 PM   
DivePac88

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

Hope I kept a copy of the sigpic on the old machine. Have found a temporary placeholder though.

I have a copy of your old siggy, as I collect them. If you need a copy LargeSlowTarget just let me Know, and I can E-mail you one.

When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way

(in reply to LargeSlowTarget)
Post #: 114
RE: So tell us a little bit about yourself...... - 9/22/2009 2:22:41 PM   
bigbaba

i was born in iran (1973) and since my father was a imperial iranian air force logistic officer, i was in contact with military since i was a little boy (that included US and israeli pilots visiting dezful AB and training with iranian pilots). before the mullah invasion, israeli and iranian pilots were simply the best ones in the mddle east.

after the mullahs took over and ruined the country, were were forced to move to germany where i am actualy.

my first PBEM game was UV in which i got my butt spanked by the nasty gaucho "ike99". after getting some XP, i moved to WITP and had /have a lot of fun with different great adversaries (the crazy aussie garry, historiker and roy from germany and chris from austria).

before all that, i played the good oly SSI wargames like "western front", "war in russia" and co. my first single player "wargame" was "north and south" at my high tech commodore amiga

and the first multiplayer strategy games i played were battle isle (great german turn based strategy game) against a freind and warlords against 4-5 former buddies around 500 years ago.

@LST: great sig, man. thats a real wildcat. the last thing a zero pilots sees in his life.

< Message edited by bigbaba -- 9/22/2009 2:30:04 PM >

(in reply to DivePac88)
Post #: 115
RE: So tell us a little bit about yourself...... - 9/22/2009 3:53:45 PM   
tc464

quote:

ORIGINAL: bigbaba

i was born in iran (1973) and since my father was a imperial iranian air force logistic officer, i was in contact with military since i was a little boy (that included US and israeli pilots visiting dezful AB and training with iranian pilots). before the mullah invasion, israeli and iranian pilots were simply the best ones in the mddle east.

after the mullahs took over and ruined the country, were were forced to move to germany where i am actualy.

I went to high school in Tehran and had to leave in 1977 because of the political situation. So, my father dropped us into South Africa and the whole apartheid/ANC terrorist thing. Sure made my teen years interesting

(in reply to bigbaba)
Post #: 116
RE: So tell us a little bit about yourself...... - 9/22/2009 4:06:07 PM   
Historiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: tc464

quote:

I went to high school in Tehran and had to leave in 1977 because of the political situation. So, my father dropped us into South Africa and the whole apartheid/ANC terrorist thing. Sure made my teen years interesting

Where you considered as whites or as coloured?

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to tc464)
Post #: 117
RE: So tell us a little bit about yourself...... - 9/22/2009 8:12:54 PM   
tc464

quote:

ORIGINAL: Historiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: tc464

quote:

Where you considered as whites or as coloured?

All Americans were whites, even the black Americans, who were considered "honorary whites". Didn't really matter though where I lived as the Afrikaaners hated us for helping the blacks, and the blacks hated us because we were white (until they heard our accents).

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 118
RE: So tell us a little bit about yourself...... - 9/22/2009 9:45:05 PM   
Remenents

Born 1981. Been using the name Remenents since I first got onto AOL in 1993 or 94 (which ever year was the year after it came out, cant remember). Always loved WW2, ever since I was in about 2nd grade. Learned everything I could get my hands on to read about the Pacific War. Joined the Marines in 2001. Got out in 2004, spent 2 years as a civilian and hated every minute of it. Got back into the military in 2007 and am still serving. Currently deployed to Iraq and it took me 18 hours to download this game because of how miserable the internet it

After playing PACWAR and WiTP for a bit, I formatted my PC because of a virus. I didnt have the CDs to reinstall, so I have been missing out. Absolutely love the game!

Played alot of other games for different systems based on WW2. My personal favorite was PTO 2, for the SNES.

My signature comes from my favorite ship of WW2. The USS Houston served in the Asiatic Fleet as the flagship and was know as the "Presidents Yacht" because President Rossevelt took 3 (or maybe 4, cant remember, its late here) personal fishing cruises on the ship and also as "Galloping Ghost of Java Coast" because of how often the Japanese would say "Today the Imperial Japanese Navy has sunk the USS Houston" and never did, until the Battle of Java Sea on the last day of Feb. 1942 when she and the Perth were surprised to find a massive Japanese landing force in Sunda Strait and were overwhelmed. The Houston and Perth went down like heroes, fighting until there was no ammo left except star shells. The Houston was last rebuilt as a light cruiser, which I do not know too much about.

< Message edited by Remenents -- 9/22/2009 9:51:25 PM >

Avenge the U.S.S. Houston (CA 30)

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 119
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: So tell us a little bit about yourself...... Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI