Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fumble Returns & Interception returns

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Fumble Returns & Interception returns Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fumble Returns & Interception returns - 9/3/2009 11:16:33 AM   
Old Coach

These are issues that if we were still actively beta testing MaxFB, I would push to have looked at.
First- fumble returns. I don't know if any of you see this as much as I do, but the number of fumbles picked up and returned for TD's is way out of whack. If a fumble occurs on an outside running play and the defense recovers, it is returned for a TD about 8 out of 10 times. If not returned for TD, the return is for significant yardage. In reality, it is more likely for the defensive player to fall on the ball than it is for him to cleanly pick the ball up run with it, especially for linemen. I would like to have a seen a random factor utilized that would determine if the defensive man falls on the ball or runs with it. I'd say 8 of 10 times, the ball should simply be fallen on. This fumble return for a long gain or TD can happen on the offensive side also and again the random factor should be employed. The possibility of the ball be fallen on would be higher for a lineman than a skill position player. My remedy for the long fumble return is to save the game after the ensuing kickoff and go into the saved game file and change the ball position and score to show that the defense recovered the fumble and a possesion change has occured. To not totally eliminate the TD on a fumble return, I flip a coin and if heads comes up 3 times in a row, the TD stands.

Interception Returns- here I see very few returns of any kind because the closest receiver almost always tackles the defender as soon as he catches the ball. With interceptions, especially those close to the sidelines, a return of some length should happen. In this regard, the random factor should be to determine if the closest receiver is able to make a tackle attempt. I would say 5 or 6 times out of 10 they shouldn't be able to make a successful tackle.

Old Coach
Post #: 1
RE: Fumble Returns & Interception returns - 9/3/2009 1:10:54 PM   
CheddarLover74

I've never seen that with fumbles and i've had games where both sides have had the oopsies 3-4 times each.When the defender does pick up the ball on an outside fumble they usually rumble for some yardage but nothing glaring.I've seen one returned for a TD but that was inside the twenty.I either coach or watch every game played out in my league but i could just be having a different experience or lucky enough not to run into this..yet.

Interceptions i have to agree with though.

I wouldn't mind understanding the player logic during punt and kickoff returns either.They do that weird Wily E. Coyote spinning their wheels in place motion and when they do start moving it is almost always to try to get out of bounds instead of just going foward as common sense would dictate to try to gain a couple yards.I have seen punts returned for touchdowns or good gains but too often on special teams plays the ball carriers first instinct is to go out of bounds.Never seen a good kickoff return yet though,maybe,a 5 yarder if that.

(in reply to Old Coach)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Fumble Returns & Interception returns Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI