Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1.84 RC2 (Speed Boost)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> 1.84 RC2 (Speed Boost) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1.84 RC2 (Speed Boost) - 9/6/2009 7:15:31 PM   
puresimmer

** WARNING - While we are at the Release Candidate Stage, this is still pre-release software **

Well, I went from taking the weekend off from PureSim to coding non-stop. RC2 represents a pretty big breakthrough for PureSim as I have reduced the memory footprint by ~30% and improved auto-play sim speed at close to 25%!

So, instead of releasing RC1 as the official release, we'll need one more round of testing with RC2. The only changes since RC1 are around performance. I'd be interested in any feedback from the auto-simmers out there.

Download PureSim 1.84 RC2

View 1.84 RC2 Release Notes

Please keep all RC2 feedback/bug reports in this thread.

Developer, PureSim Baseball
Post #: 1
RE: 1.84 RC2 (Speed Boost) - 9/6/2009 9:02:39 PM   
KG Erwin

Holy moly, Shaun, I didn't expect this. Take some time off, man. You deserve it. No problems encountered yet, but I just restarted my 1946 realplayer association. It's running smoothly. Pop open a beverage of choice and enjoy your holiday.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 2
RE: 1.84 RC2 (Speed Boost) - 9/6/2009 11:45:23 PM   
Nukester

I just imported and simmed the 1903 season. I havent delved into the numbers yet, but had a couple of observations.

The sim didnt seem all that much faster to me. It could just be my impatience though :) It might have been a little faster than before to me. This was in fast-sim mode. One thing I was curious about is the white window that pops up saying things like "evaluating talent", "updating stats", etc. I vaguely recall you saying in the past that the window (much larger at the time and in the center of the main form instead of in the lower right) might be causing a performance hit. For a fast-sim, is it necessary to have the window constantly pop up like it does, and if it doesnt pop up as much, could it possibly speed up the sim speed a bit? Overall though the sim speed is acceptable to me. I was never really concerned with the sim speed of the season though. I always thought the sim speed of the offseaspn was extremely slow. Ill sim through that later if I get some time and see how that goes

Another thing I noticed was that I simmed up to the first game of the World series and it shows Philadelphia(A) against Pittsburgh, however, looking at the Standings screen, it still shows Philadelphia(A)'s magic number as 12 and Pittsburgh's magic number as 18. Could this have something to do with leaving the default 162 game schedule during league setup, but then using the real life schedule? Not a big deal, and now that I think about it might have been brought up awhile ago, but it just looked odd to me.

Also, on the league setup screen, in the new section asking if you want salaries based on real life or current salaries, there is a typo. "Default" is spelled "deefault"

I really like the direction your taking with all of the changes though

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 3
RE: 1.84 RC2 (Speed Boost) - 9/7/2009 12:37:14 AM   
Nukester

Wow, the offseason free agent period simmed SOOOO much fast that before. A million times faster. That is awesome !!

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 4
RE: 1.84 RC2 (Speed Boost) - 9/7/2009 1:17:44 AM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nukester

Wow, the offseason free agent period simmed SOOOO much fast that before. A million times faster. That is awesome !!

Yea, the off season processing has really improved (most noticeable at least). Believe me, auto-playing a season's worth of games is appreciably faster as well.

(in reply to Nukester)
Post #: 5
RE: 1.84 RC2 (Speed Boost) - 9/7/2009 5:27:57 AM   
dickpierce

Game of the Week add-in doesn't work and the Most Award Winners add-in works but it's sorta wonky.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 6
RE: 1.84 RC2 (Speed Boost) - 9/7/2009 4:12:05 PM   
modred

Is there a way to upgrade templates created in earlier versions?

Trying to change the XML file for an association created from a template from 1.81 or 2 in the "Options and Utilities" preference before the initial draft is run results in "Run-time error '3061': Too few parameters. Expected 1" followed by "Run-time error '97': Can not call friend function on object which is not an instance of defining class." followed by program exit.

Trying to resume the draft after restarting first gives the "Needs to upgrade the association dialog" and then the compact dialog and then "Run-time error '3246': Operation not supported in transactions."

Changing the XML file in a fresh league works just fine.

(in reply to dickpierce)
Post #: 7
RE: 1.84 RC2 (Speed Boost) - 9/7/2009 4:52:40 PM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: modred

Is there a way to upgrade templates created in earlier versions?

Trying to change the XML file for an association created from a template from 1.81 or 2 in the "Options and Utilities" preference before the initial draft is run results in "Run-time error '3061': Too few parameters. Expected 1" followed by "Run-time error '97': Can not call friend function on object which is not an instance of defining class." followed by program exit.

Trying to resume the draft after restarting first gives the "Needs to upgrade the association dialog" and then the compact dialog and then "Run-time error '3246': Operation not supported in transactions."

Changing the XML file in a fresh league works just fine.

Good catch, I haven't tested the template stuff in a while! I was just able to reproduce and fix your issue, so it should be all set for release.

In the meantime will you see if the fix works for you?

Download and unzip this over your existing exe

(in reply to modred)
Post #: 8
RE: 1.84 RC2 (Speed Boost) - 9/7/2009 8:56:09 PM   
timmermac

When clicking to display a player card, it hangs with a loading, please wait message. CTRL-ALT-DELETEing to bring up the task manager gets the player card up, with the loading, please wait message in the area where I would be able to determine the player's condition. I can close out of the player card and resume simming with no difficulty

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 9
RE: 1.84 RC2 (Speed Boost) - 9/7/2009 8:58:50 PM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: timmermac

When clicking to display a player card, it hangs with a loading, please wait message. CTRL-ALT-DELETEing to bring up the task manager gets the player card up, with the loading, please wait message in the area where I would be able to determine the player's condition. I can close out of the player card and resume simming with no difficulty

I need more detail. Where are you clicking from? Also what are the characteristics of the assn?

(in reply to timmermac)
Post #: 10
RE: 1.84 RC2 (Speed Boost) - 9/7/2009 9:00:45 PM   
timmermac

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

quote:

I need more detail. Where are you clicking from? Also what are the characteristics of the assn?

I'm clicking from the lineup/roster screen. This is a replay association starting in 1901.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 11
RE: 1.84 RC2 (Speed Boost) - 9/8/2009 1:11:55 AM   
modred

quote:

Good catch, I haven't tested the template stuff in a while! I was just able to reproduce and fix your issue, so it should be all set for release.

In the meantime will you see if the fix works for you?

The fix works for me. Thanks.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 12
RE: 1.84 RC2 (Speed Boost) - 9/8/2009 10:17:28 PM   
kg_1007

I am running 1.83, but installed that over the purchased game version from last year. Now I see this will, probably soon have an update, which bring up two points.
1-Very impressed with your support work for this game.
2- I just began to play a league. Will this update version be able to install over it, and allow my league to continue? Or should I wait to continue, and then begin new when this version come out?
Thank you

(in reply to modred)
Post #: 13
RE: 1.84 RC2 (Speed Boost) - 9/8/2009 11:08:14 PM   
Hacko

I believe you will be able to update your game and continue on with your association. I have installed numerous patches and have no trouble with my associations. I have the free version.

(in reply to kg_1007)
Post #: 14
RE: 1.84 RC2 (Speed Boost) - 9/9/2009 2:15:42 AM   
puresimmer

Updates are compatible, no need to worry. Puresim will automatically upgrade your association in-place to work with the latest version.

(in reply to Hacko)
Post #: 15
RE: 1.84 RC2 (Speed Boost) - 9/10/2009 10:45:37 AM   
puresimmer

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm clicking from the lineup/roster screen. This is a replay association starting in 1901.

I can't duplicate this, can you run puresim2k7_debug.exe and then follow the instructions to mail me the crash dump? Thanks.

(in reply to timmermac)
Post #: 16
RE: 1.84 RC2 (Speed Boost) - 9/11/2009 8:39:05 PM   
timmermac

crash dump is sent... I sent one a few days ago as well.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 17
RE: 1.84 RC2 (Speed Boost) - 9/13/2009 3:03:15 AM   
Frozen Stiffer

Shaun,

I just installed v1.84 RC2 over v.183 and received this the first time I ran it:

I wasn't using a custom anything; it was all bone stock v1.83, right out off the showroom floor. What am I supposed to install then? v1.83 again then v1.84 RC2 again?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Frozen Stiffer -- 9/13/2009 3:05:26 AM >

"It ain't braggin' if you can do it."

-Hall of Fame pitcher Jerome 'Dizzy' Dean

(in reply to timmermac)
Post #: 18
RE: 1.84 RC2 (Speed Boost) - 9/13/2009 5:05:06 AM   
SFMac

I just installed 1.84 RC2 over my "bone dry" 1.83. I'm running XP on a Toshiba Laptop if that helps. I had started working on my Association just before installing 1.84 RC2 and I've continued after the upgrade and everything seems to working without a problem.
Mac

(in reply to Frozen Stiffer)
Post #: 19
RE: 1.84 RC2 (Speed Boost) - 9/13/2009 4:06:13 PM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Frozen Stiffer

Shaun,

I just installed v1.84 RC2 over v.183 and received this the first time I ran it:

I wasn't using a custom anything; it was all bone stock v1.83, right out off the showroom floor. What am I supposed to install then? v1.83 again then v1.84 RC2 again?

Only thing I can think is it couldn't update your xml file, or you made edits to it? One way to be 100% sure is uninstall PureSim and then just install RC2 as your clean install.

Post #: 20
RE: 1.84 RC2 (Speed Boost) - 9/13/2009 8:35:12 PM   
Frozen Stiffer

Shaun,

I hadn't touched the .XML file, so I can scratch that from the list of "What If..."s. For some reason, and I haven't a clue where I got that from, I was under the impression that RC2 was more of a "patch" than a stand-alone install.

I'll uninstall everything then do a fresh RC2 install and post results here.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 21
RE: 1.84 RC2 (Speed Boost) - 9/13/2009 9:00:22 PM   
KG Erwin

FS, the release candidates are complete installs. Make sure you get the latest one (RC3). I've been overlaying these on top of older installations, and haven't had any problems. However, I DO recommend running Disk Defrag after each overlay, just to make sure things don't get scrambled up. I say that because my primary HD is 6 years old, and is only 40GB.

Post #: 22
RE: 1.84 RC2 (Speed Boost) - 9/13/2009 10:33:45 PM   
Frozen Stiffer

Thanks for the catch, KG. I hadn't noticed RC3. I'm D/Ling that one as we speak... err, type. 

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 23
RE: 1.84 RC2 (Speed Boost) - 9/13/2009 11:19:01 PM   
rich12545

Dang. Somebody needs an upgrade.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 24
RE: 1.84 RC2 (Speed Boost) - 9/14/2009 6:30:58 PM   
Frozen Stiffer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Frozen Stiffer

Thanks for the catch, KG. I hadn't noticed RC3. I'm D/Ling that one as we speak... err, type. 

• Uninstalled v1.83.
  • Installed v1.84 RC3.
  • Booted up one of my long-time associations (started back in PS2005!) and it went through a lot of long updating. First to current version, then it compacted the database. Once done, it came up fine and has worked without issue. It DID however scramble my lineups and rotations, but I was able to fix that easily. Still, it annoyed me.

Anyway, all seems well now. I'll report any issues (hopefully none) in the appropriate RC3 thread.

Post #: 25
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> 1.84 RC2 (Speed Boost) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI