Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 6/17/2002 5:13:06 AM   
msvknight

Personally, I gave UV top ratings for everything but graphics. This is not a criticism of the graphics, just an acceptance that the graphics for this sort of game are never going to get a high rating vis-a-vis graphic games.

As an example of a game with superior graphics (which is loosely within this genre), I give you Fighting Steel which although very pretty didn't thrill me for very long before the lack of deep gameplay began to annoy me. I would have given it a higher rating for graphics and sound than UV, but I guarantee my overall rating would have been much lower because all of the other aspects were clearly superior.

I repeat the reviewer was quite fair. He at no time tried to trash the game, merely mentioning that the interface was a little hard to work with (hardly a damning indictment). Give him a break. He could have said a lot worse. At least he explained his arguments. Imagine what sort of a review we would have had if the reviewer was a shoot-em-up lover.

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 61
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI