Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! Page: <<   < prev  113 114 [115] 116 117   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 4/2/2012 12:28:09 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ironbottum_sound

for some reason everytime it loads up bases...it stops and can't do it..I have the latest tracker and the latest version..any help? ohits a 32 bit..I get some error that some info is too big..or something..if you need more information I can provide it.

Please provide the detailed error message.

(in reply to Ironbottum_sound)
Post #: 3421
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 4/2/2012 1:52:38 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dante Fierro
Followed the instructions to the letter. I have a Windows 7 64 bit machine (like millions of others in 2012). The program bombed - because of some incompatibility error between JAVA & the program. ... I am now expected to do the extra leg work myself to make JAVA and this program compatible.

Dante -
what was your error message? What java version are you using? What leg work ? Like installing the c++ libs and java version required?

(in reply to Dante Fierro)
Post #: 3422
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 4/2/2012 2:10:03 PM   
rook749

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: rook749

Ok I have been working to get Tracker working on and off for a week or so (most of the issue has been lack of time due to travel and work). I had it run and was able to load one turn but when I go to run it again I am now getting the error below - was a able to load a Turn 99 and see the details :)

Thoughts?

Rook

Never seen that one before. Sounds like something got corrupted in the database file. Could you try wiping out the trackerdb.* files and re-initialize the database? Perhaps something got messed up then and this is some later evidence of the problem.

Floyd

Nope tried that last night, deleted all of the trackerdb.* files and this had no effect. I also deleted all the files and tried with a new download and received the same error.

Rook

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 3423
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 4/2/2012 2:59:52 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: rook749

Nope tried that last night, deleted all of the trackerdb.* files and this had no effect. I also deleted all the files and tried with a new download and received the same error.

Rook

PM sent plus what Java version, pwsdll.dll are you on ?

(in reply to rook749)
Post #: 3424
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 4/2/2012 9:16:52 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

Would it be possible to have a check box that suppressed all the delay 9999 entries on the view being looked at (LCU, ship, group, or device).

A lot of the 9999 are items that are not in play due to being a small map or old items from stock. Some items have a correct 9999 from AE's perspective (like TOE, group returning).

I am thinking that these extraneous items could suppressed by a check-box rather than filtering on delay which you probably wish to do after suppressing the never-arrive items.

I thought I did that in some places...

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 3425
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 4/3/2012 1:21:43 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

Would it be possible to have a check box that suppressed all the delay 9999 entries on the view being looked at (LCU, ship, group, or device).

A lot of the 9999 are items that are not in play due to being a small map or old items from stock. Some items have a correct 9999 from AE's perspective (like TOE, group returning).

I am thinking that these extraneous items could suppressed by a check-box rather than filtering on delay which you probably wish to do after suppressing the never-arrive items.

I thought I did that in some places...

Only on devices that I just noticed.

Michael

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 3426
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 4/5/2012 7:53:39 AM   
Roger Neilson II

Is there any way to preserve a view?

Sometimes in Tracker there are only some columns that I want to see. I know I can 'pull' them across the screen to reorder the columns, but when I next open tracker its back to its usual full view.

Example.

Looking at an LCU I want to see name, where it is, where its going and my notes as to why its going there - at present that's a lot of dragging to put those columns together,

It would be great if Tracker 'remembered' my last layout - or is this not possible?

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 3427
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 4/5/2012 4:00:48 PM   
castor troy

tracker stopped working for me, please see screenshot below. It happened the turn when my PBEM replaced the scen db file as there was an update. I guess it has something to do with it but got no clue how to fix it.

thanks in advance for any help

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by castor troy -- 4/5/2012 4:01:30 PM >

(in reply to Roger Neilson II)
Post #: 3428
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 4/5/2012 4:11:56 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Roger Neilson II

Sometimes in Tracker there are only some columns that I want to see. I know I can 'pull' them across the screen to reorder the columns, but when I next open tracker its back to its usual full view.

Example.

Looking at an LCU I want to see name, where it is, where its going and my notes as to why its going there - at present that's a lot of dragging to put those columns together,

It would be great if Tracker 'remembered' my last layout - or is this not possible?

Not possible in its current state ... sorry

(in reply to Roger Neilson II)
Post #: 3429
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 4/5/2012 4:17:48 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

tracker stopped working for me, please see screenshot below. It happened the turn when my PBEM replaced the scen db file as there was an update. I guess it has something to do with it but got no clue how to fix it.

Castor -
guess you are playing a mod scenario rather than the official. If you are talking about the r9 update then you need to copy the pwsdll.dll into the tracker folder.

As I think you're not talking about that and I get these same errors from time to time too when I do multiple turn loading - does Tracker loadup properly ?

I'd just try to load another turn & see what you get. Otherwise, it's start afresh and hope for the best.

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 3430
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 4/5/2012 4:49:39 PM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

quote:

Castor -
guess you are playing a mod scenario rather than the official. If you are talking about the r9 update then you need to copy the pwsdll.dll into the tracker folder.

As I think you're not talking about that and I get these same errors from time to time too when I do multiple turn loading - does Tracker loadup properly ?

I'd just try to load another turn & see what you get. Otherwise, it's start afresh and hope for the best.

yeah, updated scen file? (wpd026.dat) of babes lite. Tracker loads fine but when I try to load the turn it stops in the middle. Have tried two different turns but no success.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 3431
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 4/5/2012 7:20:33 PM   
castor troy

oh boy, no matter how often I have tried in all the years, uncountable times I have failed. Tried a fresh installation, failed.

Ok. Deleted the existing tracker folder, created a new one, copied the tracker files into the new folder. Then set all properties and copied the pws.dll into the tracker folder. Then tried to run tracker:

Attachment (1)

Post #: 3432
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 4/5/2012 7:28:27 PM   
witpqs

You are still trying with the existing Tracker database, right? Maybe less than ideal, but you might have to whack it and start a new database. Make a folder "Hold" or something and move the database files to it for safe keeping. Then start Tracker to see if it successfully creates a new database. That at least will give you more information and maybe another option if it works.

Post #: 3433
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 4/5/2012 7:56:15 PM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

You are still trying with the existing Tracker database, right? Maybe less than ideal, but you might have to whack it and start a new database. Make a folder "Hold" or something and move the database files to it for safe keeping. Then start Tracker to see if it successfully creates a new database. That at least will give you more information and maybe another option if it works.

no, have also deleted the database, everything that has been in the tracker folder. When I copied all the tracker files from the download into the new folder, doing the properties and copying the dll it created a new database but it didn't load tracker correctly and showed above's error.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 3434
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 4/6/2012 2:00:41 AM   
n01487477

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

no, have also deleted the database, everything that has been in the tracker folder. When I copied all the tracker files from the download into the new folder, doing the properties and copying the dll it created a new database but it didn't load tracker correctly and showed above's error.

This really looks like you haven't copied the new pwsdll.dll into the Tracker folder. But to be doubly sure send us a save file. witptracker@gmail.com or PM me for my address.

Post #: 3435
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 4/7/2012 1:25:42 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Roger Neilson II

Example.

Not possible in its current state ... sorry

I think it's possible, but not easy. We can get the move/resize events and keep that in the database and play it back on loading somehow. But that's a lot of work...

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 3436
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 4/7/2012 4:57:40 AM   
Roger Neilson II

Not a big issue, just will have a few minutes work to do occasionally.

Thanks guys.

Roger

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 3437
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/8/2012 2:36:51 PM   
Hortlund

Soo..Im a complete illiterate when it comes to computers. When I get the C++ SP1...am I supposed to run the .exe or just save it somewhere on my computer?

The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling expedients, of delays, is coming to a close.
In its place we are entering a period of consequences..

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 3438
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/8/2012 2:42:42 PM   
n01487477

Panzerjaeger -
Yeah you're supposed to run it or execute it. Make sure it's the right one...x86

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 3439
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/8/2012 2:44:22 PM   
Hortlund

Oh God, that means there is something else that is wrong.

I get an error message saying I cannot run IA64 on my processor...is that a problem?

The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling expedients, of delays, is coming to a close.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 3440
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/8/2012 2:47:25 PM   
n01487477

Don't worry -
You probably downloaded the wrong file. Try the vcredist_x86.exe (even if you have an AMD or x64OS).

You'll probably need to do a windows update after you've installed this too ..

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 3441
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/8/2012 2:59:29 PM   
Hortlund

Ok,

I have Win 7, SP 1 installed.
I have run both the x86 and x64 c++ SP1 updates.
I have updated my java to the latest files.
I have downloaded and installed the tracker-files, and I have changed the property-file to match the game I want to run.

I am still only on the setup-turn for the savefile, is that a problem?

I get the message
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.unsatisfiedlinkerror [path to tracker] Cant load IA 32-bit.dll on a AMD 64-bit platform

God, I feel old.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 3442
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/8/2012 3:05:22 PM   
n01487477

Doing well so far...guess you have 64bit win7. You don't need the x64 c++ SP. Can you reinstall the x86 again and do a windows update manually ?

Change your witptracker.bat file to point to the 32 bit Java executable (you need the quotes because of the space) - this varies on different machines so you'll need to check the path:

64bitOS users
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xms384m -Xmx512m -jar "WitPTracker.jar"
pause

The Java version should be 6 not 7 also.
[getting close to early AM. Check back in 8hrs]

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 4/8/2012 3:25:02 PM >

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 3443
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/8/2012 3:24:40 PM   
Hortlund

Here is where I run into trouble...

I have entered the path correctly to the java.exe -file, but I get the "path cannot be found" (translated). In my file structure, the folder is called "program (x86)" instead of "program files (x86).

Why do I get the "path not found" message when I know the path is correct? I have tracker installed in a separate folder under my games folder, but that should not matter...right?

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 3444
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/8/2012 3:27:56 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Panzerjaeger Hortlund

Here is where I run into trouble...

I have entered the path correctly to the java.exe -file, but I get the "path cannot be found" (translated). In my file structure, the folder is called "program (x86)" instead of "program files (x86).

Why do I get the "path not found" message when I know the path is correct? I have tracker installed in a separate folder under my games folder, but that should not matter...right?

Your version must be different from normal English versions. Change the path to "program (x86)". If you've already done this then I'm a little confused. The path should be absolute. [edit] Getting late. Gotta get some sleep. Try and pick this up again tomorrow.

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 4/8/2012 3:29:13 PM >

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 3445
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/8/2012 3:31:19 PM   
Hortlund

Thanks for the help. I'll keep working over here, but I have no real idea why this is not working.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 3446
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/8/2012 3:40:36 PM   
fcharton

quote:

ORIGINAL: Panzerjaeger Hortlund

Try with "program files (x86)" too. The name of the folder, as it shows up on your desktop, is not necessarily that used by the system. For instance, on my French speaking machine, the "Users" folder displays as "Utilisateurs", but the correct path to it is "c:\users".

Also, check that you have jre6 installed, this is what Tracker wants, but some recent machines come with jre7 installed only. In this case, your path will be wrong (and you will need to install jre6, too...)

Francois

< Message edited by fcharton -- 4/8/2012 3:42:07 PM >

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 3447
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/8/2012 3:47:31 PM   
Hortlund

Ah, that did it. Now Ive gotten the right path. Weird machine to translate things on the screen but not "under the hood".

Still doesnt work though, but Ive gotten one step closer I guess...

(in reply to fcharton)
Post #: 3448
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/8/2012 7:45:14 PM   
ALF1

Hello, can you please help me? after succesfull using of tracker for long time after update to 8R9 version of WITP AE. it stop to work. I reinstal tracker and java but no succes, still this error message:

c:\download\PBEM\Hermann\tracker herman>java -Xms384m -Xmx512m -jar "WitPTracker
.jar" nomap
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version n
umber in .class file
       at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
       at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
       at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
       at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
       at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
       at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
       at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
       at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
       at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
       at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
       at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
c:\download\PBEM\Hermann\tracker herman>pause
Pokraèujte stisknutím libovolné klávesy...

Java version is jre-1_5_0_17-windows-i586-p.exe 

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 3449
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/8/2012 9:50:43 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: ALF1

Hello, can you please help me? after succesfull using of tracker for long time after update to 8R9 version of WITP AE. it stop to work. I reinstal tracker and java but no succes, still this error message:

c:\download\PBEM\Hermann\tracker herman>java -Xms384m -Xmx512m -jar "WitPTracker
.jar" nomap
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version n
umber in .class file
       at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
       at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
       at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
       at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
       at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
       at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
       at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
       at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
       at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
       at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
c:\download\PBEM\Hermann\tracker herman>pause
Pokraèujte stisknutím libovolné klávesy...

Java version is jre-1_5_0_17-windows-i586-p.exe 

You have JRE 1.5. Have you ever gotten WitPTracker to work under that version of the JRE? I only use 1.6, so I don't know if that version will work.

Floyd

(in reply to ALF1)
Post #: 3450
Page:   <<   < prev  113 114 [115] 116 117   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! Page: <<   < prev  113 114 [115] 116 117   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI