Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.2 Available

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.2 Available Page: <<   < prev  22 23 [24] 25 26   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.2 Available - 12/31/2009 4:53:26 PM   
AFIntel

You ROCK!!

Worked like a charm! I have information to plan strategy now! Woo Hoo!!

I was having a similar problem running WITPStaff, but I'll have to check to see if this fixed the problem as well.

Thanks again!

Eddie

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 691
RE: Intel Reports - 1/1/2010 1:24:30 PM   
KenchiSulla

Mate, this looks excellent! Keep up the good work.... please!
quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

Just to let you know that while Floyd is steaming ahead, I'm chugging along slowly(with his help) ... but I've updated the Industry - > Global screen to show a breakdown history of Res,Oil,Fuel,Supplies. It looks very cluttered etc ... I will render arrows for the totals, but does this look ok or do you just want the totals ?

Also added some more cargo information to the TF histories... but will decide later if it is ready for inclusion.

Have a good holidays ;)

AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 692
RE: Intel Reports - 1/1/2010 3:04:35 PM   
beppi

Is there a way to improve the loading performance of the tracker when a lot of turns (aprox 500) are loaded ?
Currently it takes 329 seconds, which is quite some time.

(in reply to KenchiSulla)
Post #: 693
RE: Intel Reports - 1/1/2010 3:13:40 PM   
n01487477

You are in new territory, I've never heard of anyone loading so many turns ... I know Floyd is looking into it but that is a lot of data that needs to get loaded and I guess the database is enormous.

I never go more than 1-3 months and then I delete the DB and start again. I guess we need a way to archive (especially with the new intel screen data) or see where we can optimise the loading...

When I get time, I'll start looking at loading 100+ turns and giving him a hand if possible.

(in reply to beppi)
Post #: 694
RE: Intel Reports - 1/1/2010 3:16:43 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: beppi

Is there a way to improve the loading performance of the tracker when a lot of turns (aprox 500) are loaded ?
Currently it takes 329 seconds, which is quite some time.

As Damian mentioned, I was looking into it, but for some reason it ended up taking longer to load, so I gave up...

I agree that 5 minutes is a bit to wait and I should have another look at it. After this release, though.

Floyd

(in reply to beppi)
Post #: 695
RE: Intel Reports - 1/1/2010 3:20:56 PM   
Nomad

One thing that seemed to help some was to enlarge the memory allocated, especially the initial amount. I am using -Xms512m -Xmx512m. It still takes a long time to load more that 200 turns.

< Message edited by Nomad -- 1/1/2010 3:22:00 PM >

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 696
RE: Intel Reports - 1/1/2010 3:28:12 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

One thing that seemed to help some was to enlarge the memory allocated, especially the initial amount. I am using -Xms512m -Xmx512m. It still takes a long time to load more that 200 turns.

That may reduce some of the paging, but the memory needs will go up with the next release (to handle keeping the map in memory). The root of the problem is how the data is stored - records are created for each "change" in each attribute, so to get the latest view, the program starts from the first turn loaded and then applies each change, one-by-one.

I may have another idea to reduce the time by making a "checkpoint" every 'x' turns and always start from there. That may make the startup limited to just applying changes for 'x' turns' worth.

I'll try that out for next release.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 697
RE: Intel Reports - 1/1/2010 4:15:51 PM   
Nomad

I agree, it just helps a little when the database starts getting large. I wonder if having the option of only loading the last 30 days of changes would be doable and useful? Most of the time I am most interested in what has happened lately, not what happened many months ago. Or like you had above, the ability to archive earlier turns. Interesting questions.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 698
RE: Intel Reports - 1/1/2010 5:15:03 PM   
CapAndGown

I just downloaded the tracker about a week ago. In the regions settings it has Gifu as part of the Soviet Union. This is obviously wrong. Is there another version of the regions file I can use?

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 699
RE: Intel Reports - 1/1/2010 5:36:10 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: cap_and_gown

I just downloaded the tracker about a week ago. In the regions settings it has Gifu as part of the Soviet Union. This is obviously wrong. Is there another version of the regions file I can use?

For better mappings, use the File > Import Base-Region Definitions and select one of the files in the region-mappings folder.

You can also manually edit the mappings as you wish by left-clicking in the Region cell in the Bases panel.

< Message edited by floydg -- 1/1/2010 5:37:20 PM >

(in reply to CapAndGown)
Post #: 700
RE: Intel Reports - 1/1/2010 5:51:33 PM   
CapAndGown

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg

quote:

For better mappings, use the File > Import Base-Region Definitions and select one of the files in the region-mappings folder.

You can also manually edit the mappings as you wish by left-clicking in the Region cell in the Bases panel.

There are only two there. One is by Nomad apparently. I am assuming the other one is the default?

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 701
RE: Intel Reports - 1/1/2010 6:11:17 PM   
floydg

quote:

quote:

quote:

There are only two there. One is by Nomad apparently. I am assuming the other one is the default?

Use the one by Nomad. There may be some issues with it and he posted an updated version several pages back in this thread.

(in reply to CapAndGown)
Post #: 702
RE: Intel Reports - 1/1/2010 6:29:13 PM   
CapAndGown

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Use the one by Nomad. There may be some issues with it and he posted an updated version several pages back in this thread.

I found it and imported it. On the DOS command screen I got a bunch of java exceptions listed. But after exiting the tracker and restarting everything seems OK. Is this normal behavior to have all these error messages listed when importing a new region definition file?

Anyway, it does seem to have worked.

Also - from looking at the industry screen, it seems that only regions where you currently own bases are listed. For instance, there is no Sumatra or Java. Is this correct?

Thanks

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 703
RE: Intel Reports - 1/1/2010 6:50:06 PM   
Nomad

Which one of my region files did you use? version 4 has some name problems after the last patch, and version 4a cleared those up. there is a version 5 here to version 5 which also takes care of the name changes and is a bit better organized.

Most likely if you got a bunch of java errors you used version 4 which was made before patch 2. You can just download the linked one above and use it with no problems.

< Message edited by Nomad -- 1/1/2010 6:51:31 PM >

(in reply to CapAndGown)
Post #: 704
RE: Intel Reports - 1/1/2010 7:01:48 PM   
CapAndGown

quote:

Which one of my region files did you use? version 4 has some name problems after the last patch, and version 4a cleared those up. there is a version 5 here to version 5 which also takes care of the name changes and is a bit better organized.

Most likely if you got a bunch of java errors you used version 4 which was made before patch 2. You can just download the linked one above and use it with no problems.

I used the one you just linked to.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 705
RE: Intel Reports - 1/1/2010 7:05:47 PM   
CapAndGown

Another question: if understand things correctly, resources and oil will move freely between Honshu, Shikoku and Kyshu, yes? If so, I am going to merge these three regions. But I want to make sure that these three islands really do share resources and fuel.

(in reply to CapAndGown)
Post #: 706
RE: Intel Reports - 1/2/2010 12:21:20 AM   
n01487477

quote:

Also - from looking at the industry screen, it seems that only regions where you currently own bases are listed. For instance, there is no Sumatra or Java. Is this correct?

Correct, we don't show enemy base info or regions that don't have bases yet captured. They will appear after you've done that.

quote:

Another question: if understand things correctly, resources and oil will move freely between Honshu, Shikoku and Kyshu, yes? If so, I am going to merge these three regions. But I want to make sure that these three islands really do share resources and fuel.
As far as I know you can merge these three, Hokkaido is another matter though.

As to the Region Definitions, there is one blank line space at the end of the file, version 5, which causes a slight problem (I've fixed it - removed the space) and will send to FLoyd for inclusion. Thanks again to Nomad.

(in reply to CapAndGown)
Post #: 707
RE: Intel Reports - 1/2/2010 12:44:10 AM   
Nomad

I can't remember if this has been discussed so I'll throw it out quick. Are you planning to add the skills to the pilots screens?

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 708
RE: Intel Reports - 1/2/2010 4:00:48 AM   
floydg

quote:

I can't remember if this has been discussed so I'll throw it out quick. Are you planning to add the skills to the pilots screens?

I can't remember if it's been discussed either...

Not sure what's involved, but I can take a peek.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 709
RE: Intel Reports - 1/2/2010 4:15:28 AM   
n01487477

quote:

quote:

I can't remember if it's been discussed either...

Not sure what's involved, but I can take a peek.

Better in a history sense rather than straight, or as a hidden toggle, there are loads of data points here.

Just sent Floyd my final code ... so you know what that means

[edit] Might as well add a picture of the new chart (res&Prod) - the global stuff needed some spice!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 1/2/2010 4:25:18 AM >

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 710
RE: Intel Reports - 1/2/2010 1:05:22 PM   
ny59giants

Guys,

I am attempting to play JuanG's Enhanced BB mod. I can load Tracker OK, except the Mike fighters are MIA.

Game file sent to Damian.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 711
RE: Intel Reports - 1/2/2010 1:44:44 PM   
floydg

Can you send to witptracker@gmail.com?
EDIT: disregard - Damian tracked it down.

< Message edited by floydg -- 1/2/2010 1:59:30 PM >

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 712
RE: Intel Reports - 1/2/2010 1:50:19 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants
Guys,
I am attempting to play JuanG's Enhanced BB mod. I can load Tracker OK, except the Mike fighters are MIA.
Game file sent to Damian.

Well if he insists on putting them in the editor before the allocated area for IJNAF planes, then Tracker isn't going to pick them up ... He has 100's of slots available and insists on putting them before this (slot 600)definition ... I'll have to rework it, but I'm not too pleased. I'll see if I can get it to work properly before Floyd compiles - but you might have to wait until the release after next.

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 713
RE: Intel Reports - 1/2/2010 1:57:58 PM   
ny59giants

Damian,
Thanks for the assist. I had just gone into the Editor myself and saw they were with an ID below 600. I just posted this in his mod development thread and brought this reason up. Did you see any other errors?? I want to make sure it comes up OK with Tracker before I start my first turn orders.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 714
RE: Intel Reports - 1/2/2010 2:03:44 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

Damian,
Thanks for the assist. I had just gone into the Editor myself and saw they were with an ID below 600. I just posted this in his mod development thread and brought this reason up. Did you see any other errors?? I want to make sure it comes up OK with Tracker before I start my first turn orders.

Everything else seems to load fine, just this seems out of whack...in the aircraft Tab, they are read. I think for now we can't support this mod fully (just these 6 a/c) and I'm worried that it might cause problems if I do a quick fix ... Michael, sorry - use Tracker for the mod, but mind that these planes are not accounted for... maybe after doing some more testing I'll get something ready for next time. There is just too much based on that 600 slot definition at present.
Cheers
Damian

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 715
RE: Intel Reports - 1/2/2010 2:17:00 PM   
ny59giants

Damian,

I just asked JuanG to move those 6 planes.

Thanks,
Michael

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 716
RE: Intel Reports - 1/2/2010 6:58:56 PM   
Kull

While trying to wrap my head around the Australian Production system (JFBs can stop laughing now ), I spotted a few minor industry elements which are present on the map, yet missing from the WitP Tracker reporting, specifically:

Maryborough - Light Industry (20)
Portsea - Resources (20)

(Using a download from a fresh start, Patch 2, Scenario 2 game on 12/8/41)

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 717
RE: Intel Reports - 1/2/2010 7:03:38 PM   
Nomad

They both show up on mine. What region file are you using?

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 718
RE: Intel Reports - 1/2/2010 7:08:43 PM   
Kull

quote:

They both show up on mine. What region file are you using?

The default one which came with the download. What's odd is that I just spotted a similar absence in Burma (Mergui), and the one thing the "missing" locations have in common is a Location ID in the 1400 range. But if you are seeing them in your reports, I have no idea why that would only be affecting me?

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 719
RE: Intel Reports - 1/2/2010 7:17:10 PM   
Kull

Actually, I'm almost certain it's "not just me". Here's an excerpted quote from the Australian Industry thread. Note the highlighted figures. Those are EXACTLY what you get from the WitP Tracker reporting, absent the on-map data from Maryborough & Portsea:

quote:

ORIGINAL: wwengr

<snip>

Industry Components in OZ –

Manpower – 79 (395 Manpower Points per day)
Oil – 10 (100 Oil Points per day)
Resources – 3190 (63,800 Resource Points per day)
Refinery – 55 (Converts 550 Oil Points per day into 495 Fuel Points and 55 Supply Points)
Light Industry – 2750 (Converts 41,250 Resource Points per day into 2,750 Supply Points)
Heavy Industry – 1120 (Converts 22,400 Resource Points plus 2,240 Fuel Points per day into 2,240 Heavy Industry Points and 2,240 Supply Points)
Repair Shipyard – 53 (Uses nothing, but can cause accelerated use of supply for ship repair)

<snip>

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 720
Page:   <<   < prev  22 23 [24] 25 26   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.2 Available Page: <<   < prev  22 23 [24] 25 26   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI