Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: TOE Upgrade display

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: TOE Upgrade display Page: <<   < prev  33 34 [35] 36 37   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: TOE Upgrade display - 1/30/2010 9:30:29 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mistmatz

Just stumbled over an inaccuracy with canadian and british ranks. See the picture for details.
I noticed that with 1.3.1 and will check with the next turn under 1.4 but the changelog contains nothing about this issue so I assume its still there. I checked also one USA squadron and the ranks where fine there, didn't check any further natonalities but my assumption would be that there is also a problem with the other commonwealth nations.
The whole thing is just a minor nuisance though.

I think I have this fixed now. All of the ranks were shifted off by one...

(in reply to Mistmatz)
Post #: 1021
RE: TOE Upgrade display - 1/31/2010 3:41:50 PM   
Rapunzel

Well I have a small problem with the tracker. The first turn loads without a problem. If i try to load the second turn I get the following message. Thx for any help. I am using win7 64 bit. Witp staff is not affected from this problem.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1022
RE: TOE Upgrade display - 1/31/2010 3:46:26 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rapunzel

Well I have a small problem with the tracker. The first turn loads without a problem. If i try to load the second turn I get the following message. Thx for any help. I am using win7 64 bit. Witp staff is not affected from this problem.

Never seen this one before. Did you change anything since the first turn was loaded?

(in reply to Rapunzel)
Post #: 1023
RE: TOE Upgrade display - 1/31/2010 3:51:24 PM   
Rapunzel

No i did not change anything. I try to reinstall the tracker and start with turn 2 as "first" turn. Thx for your fast answer.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1024
RE: TOE Upgrade display - 1/31/2010 4:03:08 PM   
floydg

quote:

No i did not change anything. I try to reinstall the tracker and start with turn 2 as "first" turn. Thx for your fast answer.

I wonder if the next turn you read in has the same behavior...

(in reply to Rapunzel)
Post #: 1025
RE: TOE Upgrade display - 1/31/2010 4:14:05 PM   
Rapunzel

Yes the same problem . I did not even close the tracker between the two turns.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1026
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/1/2010 12:38:30 AM   
morleron1225

This is a great tool. I'm a newcomer to WiTP-AE and was looking for something to help me wade through all of the game's many details and Tracker helps out a lot. Thanks for all of the hard work and your decision to make the tool free. Next question: is there any chance that you'll Open Source the code?

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.
GnuPG public key available at: pgp.mit.edu

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1027
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/1/2010 12:50:31 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: morleron1

This is a great tool. I'm a newcomer to WiTP-AE and was looking for something to help me wade through all of the game's many details and Tracker helps out a lot. Thanks for all of the hard work and your decision to make the tool free. Next question: is there any chance that you'll Open Source the code?

Thanks,
We are under a NDA(non disclosure agreement) with the game publishers (Matrix and Henderson Field), so the answer is a definite NO.

If you want us to do something, that isn't available as yet, then make a suggestion

(in reply to morleron1225)
Post #: 1028
RE: TOE Upgrade display - 2/1/2010 12:51:43 AM   
n01487477

quote:

I'm just wondering if you have 2 versions of Java installed and what Microsoft Dll ... pls advise. If you have both 32 and 64 bit Java, then it could be switching, placing the 32 bit java.exe in the Tracker folder might be an option ...

Still this is something, that will need to be played around with to get right.

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 2/1/2010 12:54:53 AM >

(in reply to Rapunzel)
Post #: 1029
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 2/1/2010 2:06:03 AM   
jackyo123

Hi guys

I am trying to figure out how to use Tracker to plan out and understand better my AC / Engine production. Unfortunately, the tracker page explains several of the tabs, but not the 'planning' tab - additionally, there are several circled values towareds the bottom of the page that arent explained, and a crpytic '...the planning page but i will explain later' - cant seem to find where that is explained.

any help much appreciated!!

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1030
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 2/1/2010 2:13:59 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: jackyo123

Hi guys

I am trying to figure out how to use Tracker to plan out and understand better my AC / Engine production. Unfortunately, the tracker page explains several of the tabs, but not the 'planning' tab - additionally, there are several circled values towareds the bottom of the page that arent explained, and a crpytic '...the planning page but i will explain later' - cant seem to find where that is explained.

I know we need to make the tutorials more detailed, but I just answered your OP in the War Room, with some info about this ... I'll endeavour to make this more of a priority in the next week or two.

(in reply to jackyo123)
Post #: 1031
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/1/2010 2:39:49 AM   
Nomad

So, I was wondering if you have plans for a version 1.5 release? I do understand, so much to do and so little time to do it.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1032
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/1/2010 8:30:58 AM   
michaelm75au

Witpstaff when creating a new database seems to have been broken by the Java .18 upgrade issued last week by Sun.

Is Tracker still working for new and old games under the latest upgrade???

Michael

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 1033
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/1/2010 12:26:44 PM   
Nomad

I installed the Java update last week and both Tracker and Staff have worked with no problems. this is for on going games.

< Message edited by Nomad -- 2/1/2010 12:28:25 PM >

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 1034
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 2/1/2010 3:27:52 PM   
jackyo123

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: jackyo123

Hi guys

I know we need to make the tutorials more detailed, but I just answered your OP in the War Room, with some info about this ... I'll endeavour to make this more of a priority in the next week or two.

awesome! i forgot i posted it over in the war room

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1035
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 2/1/2010 8:52:52 PM   
witpqs

Not sure if you guys are already aware (pardon me if you are); it seems that in the 'Ship Classes' screen the various ship classes show up multiple times.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jackyo123)
Post #: 1036
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 2/1/2010 9:23:09 PM   
Nomad

They should, if you click on each you should see that they are upgrades.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 1037
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 2/1/2010 9:31:52 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

I understand that there should be multiples with the same name but different slot numbers, but there are multiples with the same slot number. Or - do I just misunderstand?

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 1038
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 2/1/2010 9:45:47 PM   
witpqs

quote:

I've looked through them and they are duplicates - I have 4 of each upgrade.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 1039
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/2/2010 3:37:17 AM   
SeethingErmine

I found a small buglet on the Air Production - Engines tab (v1.4). If you sort by something other than ID, click on a row, then click on History, you get the history for the engine corresponding to the selected row in the original set (with the default ID sorting), rather than the engine actually selected. I wouldn't mention it except this works fine on a bunch of other tabs, so hopefully it's something easy to fix.

Also I wanted to say thanks especially for the Industry information tabs. The regional resource history really helped me, and I find myself checking it frequently. (Every turn where Japan's resource total increases is its own little victory ).

One thing on my wish list - is there any chance the cell background color could use the Windows color setting (or be selectable/configurable/etc)? (Staff picks up the Windows setting, for example.) The white background seems harsh on my eyes after playing the game for a while.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1040
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 2/4/2010 2:30:04 AM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

I'm pretty sure I found out what's going on. They are definitely duplicates, but...

If you open Tracker, load a turn, use it, then leave it open in the background until the next turn comes in, load it, and so on, you get the duplicates. Close Tracker, open it, and the duplicates go away.

So, even though they are duplicates it doesn't matter because it fixes itself.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 1041
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 2/4/2010 3:00:51 AM   
n01487477

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm pretty sure I found out what's going on. They are definitely duplicates, but...

If you open Tracker, load a turn, use it, then leave it open in the background until the next turn comes in, load it, and so on, you get the duplicates. Close Tracker, open it, and the duplicates go away.

So, even though they are duplicates it doesn't matter because it fixes itself.

Sorry guys, been traveling a bit - yeah I noted that problem a while ago with Nomad I believe ... I'll see if I can fix it before next release (it's just an annoyance - not data corruption)

-SeethingErmine - I'll fix that too, thanks for pointing it out.

-Damian-

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 1042
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 2/4/2010 1:23:56 PM   
Nomad

quote:

quote:

Sorry, you're right, I was answering from work and trying to work around the boss. I just didn't look close enough. It does have something to do with having multiple programs up and running. I found that just closing tracker down and loading it again seemed to fix it. I saw it most when opening both Staff and Tracker at the same time.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 1043
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 2/5/2010 8:12:44 PM   
floydg

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sorry, you're right, I was answering from work and trying to work around the boss. I just didn't look close enough. It does have something to do with having multiple programs up and running. I found that just closing tracker down and loading it again seemed to fix it. I saw it most when opening both Staff and Tracker at the same time.

I'll take a look at it tonight if I can find time. I think I know why it's happening...

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 1044
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/5/2010 8:13:25 PM   
floydg

quote:

So, I was wondering if you have plans for a version 1.5 release? I do understand, so much to do and so little time to do it.

It's in the works.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 1045
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/5/2010 10:39:36 PM   
witpqs

I've had a little glitch here and there - nothing big - but today the "Current Turn" Intel was coming up blank, even though there were plenty of items in there. I tried 'read in text file', which asked for the file but then gave no evidence of doing anything (it might have I just couldn't tell). So I decided to just create a new database.

I deleted the four db files and started Tracker. Got several errors and the bottom line is that it failed. I just went back to the existing database for now.

Is this a known issue with a fix in the works or do you guys need me to capture the error messages for you?

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1046
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/5/2010 11:35:32 PM   
floydg

quote:

I've had a little glitch here and there - nothing big - but today the "Current Turn" Intel was coming up blank, even though there were plenty of items in there. I tried 'read in text file', which asked for the file but then gave no evidence of doing anything (it might have I just couldn't tell). So I decided to just create a new database.

I deleted the four db files and started Tracker. Got several errors and the bottom line is that it failed. I just went back to the existing database for now.

Is this a known issue with a fix in the works or do you guys need me to capture the error messages for you?

Definitely need more details.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 1047
RE: Multiple ship class entries - 2/5/2010 11:47:32 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'll take a look at it tonight if I can find time. I think I know why it's happening...

Okay, I think I found the culprit.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1048
RE: Multiple ship class entries - 2/6/2010 4:25:22 PM   
rjopel

The ability to download the intel page to a cvs file would be a great help.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1049
RE: Multiple ship class entries - 2/7/2010 12:55:39 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: rjopel

The ability to download the intel page to a cvs file would be a great help.

It'll be in the next release.

(in reply to rjopel)
Post #: 1050
Page:   <<   < prev  33 34 [35] 36 37   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: TOE Upgrade display Page: <<   < prev  33 34 [35] 36 37   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI