Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Problem with 1.4 and me

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Problem with 1.4 and me Page: <<   < prev  36 37 [38] 39 40   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Problem with 1.4 and me - 2/22/2010 7:00:35 AM   
sven6345789

If i restart a game, what do i have to do to restart the database of tracker (that is, get rid of the old turns); Which files do i need to delete? do i have to set up tracker anew?
I had saved the previous game in slot 3; new one is also in slot 3.

Bougainville, November 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. It rained today.

Letter from a U.S. Marine,November 1943

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1111
RE: Problem with 1.4 and me - 2/22/2010 7:05:42 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: sven6345789

If i restart a game, what do i have to do to restart the database of tracker (that is, get rid of the old turns); Which files do i need to delete? do i have to set up tracker anew?
I had saved the previous game in slot 3; new one is also in slot 3.

Don't have Tracker running, go into the folder and delete all the Trackerdb*. files

Run from the batch file, remember to set up your regions again.

Cheers & good luck with the new game
Damian

(in reply to sven6345789)
Post #: 1112
RE: Problem with 1.4 and me - 2/23/2010 5:35:17 PM   
tacfire

Hi there - great work on Tracker - I can not live without it now :)

One question: I am purchasing a new computer - how can I move my current tracker files from my current game to my new computer? Can I just copy and paste the entire tracker folder (with the current Trackerdb* file) over to the new computer and continue playing where I left off?

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1113
RE: Problem with 1.4 and me - 2/23/2010 5:58:40 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: tacfire

Hi there - great work on Tracker - I can not live without it now :)

One question: I am purchasing a new computer - how can I move my current tracker files from my current game to my new computer? Can I just copy and paste the entire tracker folder (with the current Trackerdb* file) over to the new computer and continue playing where I left off?

Yes. The only thing you may need to change is the witptracker.properties file to point to where you installed AE (unless it's the same place on both computers).

Floyd

(in reply to tacfire)
Post #: 1114
RE: Problem with 1.4 and me - 2/25/2010 4:02:27 PM   
MAARTENR

What do i wrong and what must i do?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1115
RE: Problem with 1.4 and me - 2/25/2010 4:12:23 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: MAARTENR

What do i wrong and what must i do?

First, maybe translate the error into English...

I assume it means that Java can't be found.

Are you sure that Java is installed?

Try google-ing the error message, which would lead to some possible solutions. For example:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f428/tut-fixing-the-java-is-not-recognized-as-an-internal-or-external-command-problem-527269/

Floyd

(in reply to MAARTENR)
Post #: 1116
RE: Problem with 1.4 and me - 2/25/2010 4:29:31 PM   
MAARTENR

I thought i had installed Java but that wasnt the case, thanx.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1117
RE: Problem with 1.4 and me - 2/25/2010 5:07:54 PM   
MAARTENR

But now the turns doesnt appear, see picture.
What must i do?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to MAARTENR)
Post #: 1118
RE: Problem with 1.4 and me - 2/25/2010 5:11:59 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: MAARTENR

But now the turns doesnt appear, see picture.
What must i do?

I'm not sure what you mean by "turns doesnt appear".

The alerts panel will be empty until you load another turn, since the alerts are created by comparing one turn's data with another. Try viewing some of the other panels (e.g., Bases), by selecting it in the Data Set menu.

As for the error, unless I see the top line, I can't tell where it's coming from. But my guess is it's a GUI management error, which you may be able to ignore.

Floyd

(in reply to MAARTENR)
Post #: 1119
RE: Problem with 1.4 and me - 2/25/2010 5:17:26 PM   
MAARTENR

Floyd the victory line with points does appear. So maybe it's an bug.
And what do you mean with you may be able to ignore, leave it or dont botther with it, leave it?
Have i maked an error where i've put in the side and wich slot or something like that?

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1120
RE: Problem with 1.4 and me - 2/25/2010 5:23:27 PM   
MAARTENR

Floyd
i've got it i had change the savemode into 0.
Great.

(in reply to MAARTENR)
Post #: 1121
RE: Problem with 1.4 and me - 2/27/2010 12:34:41 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

A question with a picture.

Will I have to expend 13300 HI or 20545 HI?

Finally figured out the pilot training pool costs were in fact wrong. Ver 1.5 will fix this.

The numbers at present are looking at pilots in pool, not those which are undergoing training... Oops - so Nomad it's 20545!!

I know Floyd and I are slowly working toward 1.5, don't expect it too soon ... but it is coming

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 2/27/2010 1:20:35 AM >

(in reply to MAARTENR)
Post #: 1122
RE: Problem with 1.4 and me - 2/27/2010 5:51:30 PM   
tacfire

Hi there!

I bought a new Windows 7 computer with an I7 core 960m processor with 6gb ram, and I am trying to install witptracker 1.4 on my new machine.
After some tweaking I finally got the witptracker.bat file to run after creating a shortcut and associating it with "SysWOW64\cmd.exe" file.

However, I am now getting a new error: "java.lang.OutofMemoryError", and I think I might have typed insuffient numbers for memory on the command line. I used: "java -Xms125m - Xmx256m -jar "witptracker.jar"
I have 2 questions:

1). Can you advise what -Xms and -Xmx numbers I should use on the command line for a I7 core computer with 6gb ram running on windows 7?
2). Is there a way to set up the shortcut to the executable file so I do not have to type "java -Xms125m - Xmx256m -jar "witptracker.jar" everytime I run the program?

Thanks for your help. Below are the details of the error:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\tools\Witp_AE_Tracker_1.4>java -Xm
s128m -Xmx256m -jar "witptracker.jar"
Initializing WitP Tracker AE database.
WitP Tracker AE tables loaded in 5 seconds
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap spa
ce
at java.awt.image.DataBufferInt.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.image.Raster.createPackedRaster(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.image.DirectColorModel.createCompatibleWritableRaster(Unknow
n Source)
at java.awt.image.BufferedImage.<init>(Unknown Source)
at witptracker.MapPanel$Map.<init>(MapPanel.java:345)
at witptracker.MapPanel.<init>(MapPanel.java:197)
at witptracker.GUIMain.CreateAndShowGUI(GUIMain.java:678)
at witptracker.GUIMain$5.run(GUIMain.java:755)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

C:\Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\tools\Witp_AE_Tracker_1.4>

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1123
RE: Problem with 1.4 and me - 2/27/2010 10:47:51 PM   
floydg

You'll need at least what's in the BAT file:

java -Xms384m -Xmx512m -jar "WitPTracker.jar"

(in reply to tacfire)
Post #: 1124
RE: Problem with 1.4 and me - 2/27/2010 10:52:00 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: tacfire

Hi there!

I bought a new Windows 7 computer with an I7 core 960m processor with 6gb ram, and I am trying to install witptracker 1.4 on my new machine.
After some tweaking I finally got the witptracker.bat file to run after creating a shortcut and associating it with "SysWOW64\cmd.exe" file.

However, I am now getting a new error: "java.lang.OutofMemoryError", and I think I might have typed insuffient numbers for memory on the command line. I used: "java -Xms125m - Xmx256m -jar "witptracker.jar"
I have 2 questions:

1). Can you advise what -Xms and -Xmx numbers I should use on the command line for a I7 core computer with 6gb ram running on windows 7?

At least ...
java -Xms384m -Xmx512m -jar "WitPTracker.jar"
quote:

2). Is there a way to set up the shortcut to the executable file so I do not have to type "java -Xms125m - Xmx256m -jar "witptracker.jar" everytime I run the program?

I don't understand why you are typing this command each time having:

Have you done this ?
Use the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cmd.exe command to start the witptracker.bat file. You can make a short-cut for this by making a copy of the witptracker.bat file and change the extension to something unused (e.g., witptracker.witp) and then associate the file (using the "Open With..." dialog) to open using SysWOW64\cmd.exe.

Then you can execute this file ...

(in reply to tacfire)
Post #: 1125
Suggestion to improving the notes field - 3/1/2010 12:23:41 PM   
Mistmatz

I'm currently using a xls sheet to write down my planned moves and other information for LCUs and other assets. Thats another tool to use and I came to think it would be nice if I could do something similar with tracker.

Of course there is the Notes field but with the suggestion to set up a new database every few months of turns I'd loose my thoughts or would have to write them down again which would be a bit tedious.

So I wonder if it would be possibly to export/import just the notes field from one database into another?

Another nice feature would be a second or even third notes field which would allow the player more flexibility when searching based on the content of a field as searches are currently limited to an alphabetical sort or the export into a CSV.

If you gained knowledge through the forum, why not putting it into the AE wiki?

http://witp-ae.wikia.com/wiki/War_in_the_Pacific:_Admiral%27s_Edition_Wiki

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1126
RE: Suggestion to improving the notes field - 3/1/2010 1:16:37 PM   
n01487477

Just finished implementing the failed bit, and this will now be available for some histories in Tracker in the next release I hope after Floyd has given it the once, twice and three times over

So I hope no longer to have those threads about "but Tracker said I don't have enough" ... being shot down righteously by the Dev's. And no longer being a pain for them

This opens up some pretty interesting info, but for the next release I just want to get it out and working.

Mistmatz, I defer to Floyd.

(in reply to Mistmatz)
Post #: 1127
RE: Suggestion to improving the notes field - 3/1/2010 1:34:33 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mistmatz

I'm currently using a xls sheet to write down my planned moves and other information for LCUs and other assets. Thats another tool to use and I came to think it would be nice if I could do something similar with tracker.

Of course there is the Notes field but with the suggestion to set up a new database every few months of turns I'd loose my thoughts or would have to write them down again which would be a bit tedious.

So I wonder if it would be possibly to export/import just the notes field from one database into another?

Another nice feature would be a second or even third notes field which would allow the player more flexibility when searching based on the content of a field as searches are currently limited to an alphabetical sort or the export into a CSV.

For the import/export, I'd rather address the cause, which is bloated databases forcing you to start over. My target is for the next-next release to at least partially implement something which will speed up the loading.

As for multiple note levels, also a good idea. But I have some other plan which may make it a moot point...

(in reply to Mistmatz)
Post #: 1128
RE: Suggestion to improving the notes field - 3/1/2010 6:01:49 PM   
Grotius

A couple questions for the Tracker guys.

1. My PBEM opponent (who is playing the Allies) says he's seeing alerts that indicate when I (Japan) grow my bases. I assume that's not working as designed? He and I are both e-mailing you about it.

2. This turn I used 570 Vehicle points, dropping me from 643 accumulated Vehicle points down to just 73. I didn't receive any new LCU (or naval/air) reinforcements this turn, and indeed I don't see a significant use of manpower or armaments for the same turn. I suppose these vehicles were replacements, maybe for an infantry division that just unloaded off a TF into a port? Is there a way I can use Tracker to figure out where those Vehicle points went? I tried poking around in the Device database but couldn't figure out who/what got all those new vehicles.

Thanks!

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1129
RE: Suggestion to improving the notes field - 3/1/2010 6:10:42 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grotius

A couple questions for the Tracker guys.

1. My PBEM opponent (who is playing the Allies) says he's seeing alerts that indicate when I (Japan) grow my bases. I assume that's not working as designed? He and I are both e-mailing you about it.

Airfield and port expansion are reported to both sides and only fortification level increases are concealed from the other side. This is how WitP worked - is AE different?

quote:

2. This turn I used 570 Vehicle points, dropping me from 643 accumulated Vehicle points down to just 73. I didn't receive any new LCU (or naval/air) reinforcements this turn, and indeed I don't see a significant use of manpower or armaments for the same turn. I suppose these vehicles were replacements, maybe for an infantry division that just unloaded off a TF into a port? Is there a way I can use Tracker to figure out where those Vehicle points went? I tried poking around in the Device database but couldn't figure out who/what got all those new vehicles.

Thanks!

Did you check the Device panel? It should show how many of each device were used that turn, no?

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 1130
RE: Suggestion to improving the notes field - 3/1/2010 6:10:49 PM   
witpqs

quote:

In the regular AE reports you get some messages about enemy base expansions (but never about fortifications expansions). I believe that this is Intel. AFAIK you do not get complete information on enemy base expansions.

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 1131
RE: Suggestion to improving the notes field - 3/1/2010 6:10:49 PM   
witpqs

quote:

In the regular AE reports you get some messages about enemy base expansions (but never about fortifications expansions). I believe that this is Intel. AFAIK you do not get complete information on enemy base expansions.

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 1132
RE: Suggestion to improving the notes field - 3/1/2010 7:34:13 PM   
Grotius

quote:

Did you check the Device panel? It should show how many of each device were used that turn, no?

Hmm, I see that 59 Type 97 Medium Tanks were added to the pool last turn. Would that require 570 Vehicle points to manufacture? But I don't see any increase in tanks or other vehicles "used."

Er, I may not be looking in the right place, though. I select the "Devices" data set and filter by "used" or by "pool" to try to figure out what I'm building or using. As far as I can tell, the "used" column reflects cumulative use totals, not last turn's; to get last turn's data, I have to click "pool history," correct? Or is there some way to sort all devices by the amount "used" last turn?

quote:

only fortification level increases are concealed from the other side. This is how WitP worked - is AE different?

quote:

AFAIK you do not get complete information on enemy base expansions.

Hmm, perhaps I'm mistaken, but I thought AE was supposed to eliminate this info altogether, requiring us to recon enemy bases to see if they had grown. I thought one of the AE designers said that many moons ago, but perhaps I remember wrong. I recall thinking at the time that it would be a sensible change -- that while I might get intel on big bases like Pearl, at which I have spies, I might not get such intel about a minor airfield upgrade at, say, Canton Island.

Also, I haven't seen any base-upgrade info at all about my Allied opponent. At least, I don't see any such info for the past few turns; I had to reinitialize my Tracker database, so I don't have Tracker info all the way back to day 1, but I don't recall ever seeing such a message. I also checked some of my operations reports, and again I don't see any info about enemy base growth. Perhaps he's just saving supply and not expanding? We did turn off base expansion on turn 1.

Anyway, if he's seeing my base expansions, but I'm not seeing his, then something would seem to be amiss. I'll ask him about it.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 1133
RE: Suggestion to improving the notes field - 3/1/2010 9:22:14 PM   
maikarant

Hiyas,

Coincidentally my tracker DB is almost complete - I forgot to import just one turn but otherwise, everything should be there. I did not see such updates before turn 16, but look what I found in my combatoperations.txt file of the same turn:

Nagasaki/Sasebo expands airfield to size 4
Singora expands port to size 3
Babeldaob expands airfield to size 4

Plus my own base expansion reports. So if there's a problem, it's in the save file and not with AE tracker...

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 1134
RE: Suggestion to improving the notes field - 3/1/2010 9:43:28 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: maikarant

Hiyas,

Coincidentally my tracker DB is almost complete - I forgot to import just one turn but otherwise, everything should be there. I did not see such updates before turn 16, but look what I found in my combatoperations.txt file of the same turn:

Nagasaki/Sasebo expands airfield to size 4
Singora expands port to size 3
Babeldaob expands airfield to size 4

Plus my own base expansion reports. So if there's a problem, it's in the save file and not with AE tracker...

As long as WitPTracker AE isn't generating alerts for stuff that isn't in the reports/etc, we're good. I suppose you can still mouse over the base and see the current (correct) level anyhow...

Floyd

(in reply to maikarant)
Post #: 1135
RE: Suggestion to improving the notes field - 3/1/2010 9:53:51 PM   
Grotius

OK, sounds good, then. I guess it's a question for the devs, not you Tracker guys -- why are we seeing some (but not all) enemy expansions? I guess it's fog of war, but it's odd that I haven't seen *any* reports of Allied expansion, whereas maikarant is seeing some of mine. Maybe it's that superior Allied intel?

Floyd, I'm still curious about how I figure out what vehicles I produced last turn -- and why I produced them. Would 59 tanks use up 570 vehicle points? And I'm puzzled why they'd be produced and dumped in the pool now, on a turn when I didn't receive any reinforcements -- armored or otherwise.

It's not that big a deal, and again, maybe it's more a question for the devs than you guys. But at least you might know how much Vehicle points it takes to produce a Type 97 medium tank?

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1136
RE: Suggestion to improving the notes field - 3/1/2010 10:02:27 PM   
witpqs

quote:

OK, sounds good, then. I guess it's a question for the devs, not you Tracker guys -- why are we seeing some (but not all) enemy expansions? I guess it's fog of war, but it's odd that I haven't seen *any* reports of Allied expansion, whereas maikarant is seeing some of mine. Maybe it's that superior Allied intel?

That's my take on it.

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 1137
RE: Problem with 1.4 and me - 3/1/2010 11:29:31 PM   
Xargun

I am new to using the Tracker and maybe I am using it wrong - but each turn I get Major Warnings that my Resources are to low for full HI / LI production - yet according to the same Tracker my Resources have gone up almost every turn and are sitting at over 1.2 Million in the Home Islands. The 2 major culprits seem to be Tokyo and Osaka. So are the Alerts wrong ? Also, is the Tracker supposed to be 1 turn behind ? I cannot seem to get it to load the current turn - it loads it but it is always the previous turn.

Thanks for the help.

Xargun

(in reply to sven6345789)
Post #: 1138
RE: Problem with 1.4 and me - 3/1/2010 11:45:32 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Xargun

I am new to using the Tracker and maybe I am using it wrong - but each turn I get Major Warnings that my Resources are to low for full HI / LI production - yet according to the same Tracker my Resources have gone up almost every turn and are sitting at over 1.2 Million in the Home Islands. The 2 major culprits seem to be Tokyo and Osaka. So are the Alerts wrong ?

Xargun,
you can mostly ignore these warnings, Tracker cannot see what happens with resource movement during the combat resolution / resource movement phase - and since patch 2 or 3(beta), the dev team have refined the movement of these raw materials - so you probably don't have a problem.

However, if your HI points are dropping comparatively when you have these alerts, then you do have a problem ... I really doubt this is the case though ...

I initially placed this alert in there as a warning, the Dev team have been quick to respond by looking at res movement & then adding a "Failed Ind" check which you can see in-game in the Industry screen (green button)...

Next version of Tracker 1.5 will use this "failed" data point and therefore will be 100% accurate for alerts etc.

quote:

Also, is the Tracker supposed to be 1 turn behind ? I cannot seem to get it to load the current turn - it loads it but it is always the previous turn.
Thanks for the help.
Xargun

Depends when you load a turn. For me I load the initial turn, run a turn,save & then load that save-turn into Tracker. I guess you are loading the turn before the combat resolution phase or can you describe what you do?

Cheers and welcome to Tracker
Damian

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 1139
RE: Problem with 1.4 and me - 3/2/2010 2:06:10 AM   
Grotius

Xargun, it took me a while to figure the "same turn" thing out, too. As Damian says, the key (as Japan) is to make a new save *after* you run the turn you receive from the Allied player, and then use *that* save to generate the current Tracker turn. I.e.: download turn from opponent; run it and watch replay; then hit "F" (not "E") to save the game onto your hard disk (in my case, always into a new slot); then run that new save through Tracker.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1140
Page:   <<   < prev  36 37 [38] 39 40   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Problem with 1.4 and me Page: <<   < prev  36 37 [38] 39 40   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI