Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! Page: <<   < prev  85 86 [87] 88 89   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 6/4/2011 1:40:21 PM   
HexHead

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: HexHead

I have the Beta in a separate directory, an entire copy of my original installation, to run my AI games separate from PBEM (which is still the last Official Patch).

I C&P'ed Tracker to the new directory structure.

I then try to get Tracker to run a Turn from an AI game that is 5 Feb 42 (the Tracker for the PBEM was still in Dec 41).

I get this message:

Error comparing bases (COMPAREBASE_UNEQUALSIZE)

and it bogs down with comparing Ships (looks like an infinite loop in the command.exe window).

I have run the dll provided by michael's link. I have tried the other approaches mentioned in the Tracker instructions and website. BTW, whenever I go to read Multiple Turns, no matter the install, Tracker seems to not identify files or repeatedly insists there are no unloaded Turns and other such Oops messages.

Any help or corrections would be vastly appreciated.

Thank you,
HH

I believe that all of this is related to the DLL being used in WitPTracker and under which DLL the save file was saved. Each instance of an issue appears to stem from misreading the save file (missing devices cause the null pointer exception in the engine reading routine, missing turn information leads to not showing unloaded turns, COMPAREBASE error likely because no bases were read in, etc etc). I really don't think there is anything we can easily change in WitPTracker to get things to run more smoothly.

While I'd (and I assume Damian would as well) like to get everyone back up and running, there are so many variables in play right now, it's becoming very difficult to do so.

Floyd

Thx for the reply - I think I follow your analyis. What seems to be occurring in my case is that what I would really like to do is clear the DB. Now, I could just read from my vanilla Patch install (the PBEM reserved install with the vanilla path), but then we run into Game Date issues, because, if I'm on the right track (no pun), the one I wish to read is my AI install dated 5 Feb 42 and my PBEM is only in mid-Dec 41 - Tracker works like a charm under the Latest Official for the PBEM.

And thx to Mr. n{number string} for that last post - that's real yeoman's work; as stated above by me, Tracker educated me, if nothing else, and I realized that a lot of the info is available in-game, though not as nicely presented, but what you're doing here is saving players a lot of headaches in game management.

And all for the price of a compliment. Thx, guys, you're the best. I know that things will be just peachy keen in the end - I write software manuals and I know pros when I run into them - the user is safe in your hands.

Muchos gracias,
HH

< Message edited by HexHead -- 6/5/2011 3:26:32 AM >

"Goddamn it, they're gittin' away!!"
- unknown tincan sailor near the end of Leyte Gulf, when Kurita retired

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2581
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 6/4/2011 4:57:43 PM   
erstad

quote:

TF rearm cost based on the largest device in the TF.

Any thought to base this on the largest device that needs rearming, rather than the largest device present?

This distinguishes, for example, between two very common but very different rearm scnearios - ships fired main batteries; versus ships fired only AA weapons

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2582
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 6/4/2011 8:47:23 PM   
rader

Any solution to this yet? Having the same problem...

Thanks!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icedawg

I just installed the latest version of tracker (1.8) and encountered the following message when I attempted to open the program:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException

at witptracker.Engines.GetEngines(Engines.java:75)
at witptracker.InMemoryDB.LoadStartupTables(InMemoryDB.java:154)
atwitptracker.Main.main(Main.java:157)

Can anyone tell me what this means?

I have installed the latest version of java (from the link on the tracker website).

I am not sure if I have installed the Microsoft Visual C ++ 2005 program. I downloaded it from the tracker website, but when I went to install it, nothing much seemed to happen. I got the license agreement window, clicked "yes" to begin installation, but nothing seemed to happen after that. I got an installation in progress window, but the progress bar remained blank, then just disappeared.

Any help would be appreciated.

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 2583
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 6/4/2011 9:57:40 PM   
pws1225

I believe Damian is looking into it.

(in reply to rader)
Post #: 2584
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 6/5/2011 3:07:30 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: rader

Any solution to this yet? Having the same problem...

Thanks!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icedawg

I just installed the latest version of tracker (1.8) and encountered the following message when I attempted to open the program:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException

at witptracker.Engines.GetEngines(Engines.java:75)
at witptracker.InMemoryDB.LoadStartupTables(InMemoryDB.java:154)
atwitptracker.Main.main(Main.java:157)

Can anyone tell me what this means?

I have installed the latest version of java (from the link on the tracker website).

I am not sure if I have installed the Microsoft Visual C ++ 2005 program. I downloaded it from the tracker website, but when I went to install it, nothing much seemed to happen. I got the license agreement window, clicked "yes" to begin installation, but nothing seemed to happen after that. I got an installation in progress window, but the progress bar remained blank, then just disappeared.

Any help would be appreciated.

As I mentioned a few posts ago - this is most probably because of incompatibilties between the save and the DLL being used to read it in. I don't know what the perfect solution is, but if you use the exact same DLL to read the save in WitPTracker as was used to write the file, I believe you'll be okay. The hard (impossible?) part is being able to do that, since there have been a few revisions of the DLL and there is no way to tell which DLL wrote which file. Sorry, but until things stabilize with the beta and the DLL's, there really isn't much we can do.

Floyd

(in reply to rader)
Post #: 2585
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 6/5/2011 4:13:18 AM   
michaelm75au

I think there are basically 2 DLLs - the one in the main game directory which should be last official one, and the one the beta2 directory off the game directory for m4+ games.
The beta one should be able to handle earlier games as it was  only updated to include an extra piece of data in the save.
The extra complication was that at about the same time Microsoft updated their 2005/8 C++ libraries which got built into the new DLL.

Michael

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2586
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 6/5/2011 7:22:23 AM   
rader

Ok, no problem if it isn't fixed yet. I tried putting the .dll file that came with the beta m6 upgrade into the tracker folder, but no dice.

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 2587
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 6/5/2011 8:04:11 AM   
michaelm75au

Can you purge older turns from the database?
After you get to turn 500, you may not want turns 1-100 any more. Can I (the player) delete these? And if so does it break anything? And would it speed up the database loading?

Michael

(in reply to rader)
Post #: 2588
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 6/5/2011 8:10:41 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

After you get to turn 500, you may not want turns 1-100 any more. Can I (the player) delete these? And if so does it break anything? And would it speed up the database loading?

Michael - there is no facility as yet to purge specific turns. You can only reinitialize the whole DB by deleting all the trackerdb files. Floyd and I have a crack at it once in a while to speed up the DB but we've not come up with something substantial as yet.

To create that functionality would be time consuming at present - but maybe something for the future.

Cheers

Post #: 2589
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 6/5/2011 8:23:28 AM   
michaelm75au

Thank you. Just curious. I have never got past 20 turns of a game so far.

Michael

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2590
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 6/5/2011 11:22:24 AM   
HexHead

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

quote:

Michael - there is no facility as yet to purge specific turns. You can only reinitialize the whole DB by deleting all the trackerdb files. Floyd and I have a crack at it once in a while to speed up the DB but we've not come up with something substantial as yet.

To create that functionality would be time consuming at present - but maybe something for the future.

Cheers

My question, exactly - how do I delete all the trackerdb files? I tried reinstalling from the zip in my AI games WitP folder where I have the Tracker for that install, but it retained the mid-December turn from the PBEM install.

< Message edited by HexHead -- 6/5/2011 11:23:30 AM >

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2591
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 6/5/2011 11:37:47 AM   
n01487477

quote:

quote:

quote:

Cheers

My question, exactly - how do I delete all the trackerdb files? I tried reinstalling from the zip in my AI games WitP folder where I have the Tracker for that install, but it retained the mid-December turn from the PBEM install.

Hi -
unzipping in the existing folder will still retain the trackerdb files. You need to delete the files in yellow in the pic - it varies but there are probably 4-5 files all starting trackerdb.
Then check the witptracker.properties file for the correct configuration.
When you start the batch file you should get "Initializing Witp Tracker AE database."

That should be it ... otherwise I have some video's

Attachment (1)

(in reply to HexHead)
Post #: 2592
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 6/5/2011 1:20:33 PM   
witpqs

Just FYI bearing on Michael's question indirectly, I only ever get several months into a game before I need to delete the database and start over. Most recent few times the symptom is that it will start taking geometrically longer to start up, rapidly (in a few turns) jumping from >3 minutes to >10 minutes. At that point it's not worth any old info to me and I start over.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2593
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 6/5/2011 9:16:27 PM   
HexHead

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Cheers

Hi -
unzipping in the existing folder will still retain the trackerdb files. You need to delete the files in yellow in the pic - it varies but there are probably 4-5 files all starting trackerdb.
Then check the witptracker.properties file for the correct configuration.
When you start the batch file you should get "Initializing Witp Tracker AE database."

That should be it ... otherwise I have some video's

Sorry for the lengthy quote, but if I have this right, this is the procedure:

a) Determine target directory

b) Delete files indicated above from target directory

c) Unzip source files from the zip to target directory - overwrite when prompted

d) Config as needed and run to initialize

If so, just to ask, how come an all-embracing overwrite from the zip doesn't do the trick?

Thx, HH

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2594
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 6/6/2011 3:32:02 AM   
n01487477

quote:

c) Unzip source files from the zip to target directory - overwrite when prompted

If so, just to ask, how come an all-embracing overwrite from the zip doesn't do the trick?

Thx, HH

Because the trackerdb files are only created when the program is initialized - they don't exist in the install zip. So if they exist in the folder there is nothing to overwrite them and they are what is read by tracker.
Hope this clarifies the issue

(in reply to HexHead)
Post #: 2595
AA ratings - 6/6/2011 3:42:18 AM   
n01487477

Hi guys -
I'm playing with the new beta and I note that our AA ratings are half what they should be ... Have we always been wrong or is this a display error with AE M+ beta? I no longer have the official patch loaded so just want to check ...

Cheers

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 6/6/2011 3:43:26 AM >

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2596
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 6/6/2011 4:22:02 AM   
HexHead

quote:

quote:

Thx, HH

Because the trackerdb files are only created when the program is initialized - they don't exist in the install zip. So if they exist in the folder there is nothing to overwrite them and they are what is read by tracker.
Hope this clarifies the issue

Yes, indeed, it does. Thank you. If I had slowed down and done some examining, I probably would've caught on to that, eventually.

Thx

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2597
RE: AA ratings - 6/6/2011 1:04:51 PM   
floydg

quote:

Hi guys -
I'm playing with the new beta and I note that our AA ratings are half what they should be ... Have we always been wrong or is this a display error with AE M+ beta? I no longer have the official patch loaded so just want to check ...

Cheers

I was told that they were twice what they should be, so I removed the /2 in WitPTracker.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2598
RE: AA ratings - 6/11/2011 3:31:40 AM   
dorjun driver

So, Tracker works, then doesn't, then does, and then doesn't.  By doesn't, I mean will not run.  At least on my box.

Is this just a disjoint between the beta's and Tracker 1.8 or something more fundamental?  Combat Report, while still running, is starting to display some weird info as well.

More info upon request.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2599
RE: AA ratings - 6/11/2011 10:16:29 AM   
BigDuke66

Not sure if it was already mentioned but the list of HQs on the Air Group screens seems to be incomplete, at least the 221, 223, 224, 225 & 235 RAF Group HQs are missing.

(in reply to dorjun driver)
Post #: 2600
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 6/12/2011 1:48:20 PM   
Rekm41

I am a bit confused as to when loading multi turns they suggest you rename the files .001 etc when I do that it says the file maybe unusable. Am I doing something wrong here?

Keep Moving and Keep your Head DOWN!!

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2601
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 6/12/2011 2:47:28 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: rekm41

I am a bit confused as to when loading multi turns they suggest you rename the files .001 etc when I do that it says the file maybe unusable. Am I doing something wrong here?

No, that warning is from Windows, since you're naming it something like wpae011.pws.001. You can avoid the warning if you keep the .pws at the end, such as in wpae011.001.pws.

Floyd

< Message edited by floydg -- 6/12/2011 2:48:16 PM >

(in reply to Rekm41)
Post #: 2602
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 6/12/2011 2:51:21 PM   
Rekm41

Right that make sense and it worked. Thanks Floyd

Keep Moving and Keep your Head DOWN!!

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2603
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 6/13/2011 8:45:30 AM   
viberpol

I am confused... what happened with the latest betas that the Tracker doesn't want to work?
I've got info it can't find the dependent libraries even though the pwsdll (that which was uploaded by Michael) is in place... Please advice...

Attachment (1)

Przy lackim orle, przy koniu Kiejstuta Archanioł Rusi na proporcach błysł

(in reply to Rekm41)
Post #: 2604
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 6/13/2011 9:06:25 AM   
viberpol

That above was with the new installation of Tracker.
After some fiddling with my old data/old installation that I'm most keen on to have, I've got something similar.

The Tracker loads OK, but when you try to load new turn, it stops with the following messages:

Attachment (1)

Przy lackim orle, przy koniu Kiejstuta Archanioł Rusi na proporcach błysł

(in reply to viberpol)
Post #: 2605
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 6/16/2011 12:42:46 PM   
michaelm75au

Our friends at Microsoft have updated their C++ libraries again in the latest bundle of patches my PC just downloaded.
I suppose there may be issues when I compile the next build.

I am going to delete the new DLL from the posted beta build in future to preserve the time before the next impact. A new DLL should only be needed if the save format changes. However a user might experience problems with using the DLL if they don't have the correct C++ libraries install.
A problem we can deal with as the occassion aries.

[edit]
A DLL will be produced but it should not be impacted by the C++ patches in future. (At least that is my hope)

< Message edited by michaelm -- 6/18/2011 2:58:37 AM >

Michael

(in reply to viberpol)
Post #: 2606
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 6/17/2011 7:59:15 PM   
d0mbo

Basically: help! Tracker won´t run anymore :(

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by d0mbo -- 6/17/2011 8:07:43 PM >

Post #: 2607
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 6/18/2011 3:06:10 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: viberpol

That above was with the new installation of Tracker.
After some fiddling with my old data/old installation that I'm most keen on to have, I've got something similar.

The Tracker loads OK, but when you try to load new turn, it stops with the following messages:

The message "pwsdll.dll: Can't find dependent libraries" sounds like the C++ library issue due to Window patches changing version that the DLL needs.
Suggestion:
Copy the DLL I last posted in Tech: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2729580&mpage=31&key=# (post 925) to the tracker install directory. This one should be independent of the libray versions. If the error is related to those C++ libraries, then this might solve it.
The DLL can read pre and post-beta saves.

Michael

(in reply to viberpol)
Post #: 2608
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 6/18/2011 6:52:54 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: d0mbo

Basically: help! Tracker won´t run anymore :(

A few people are having this problem with the engine data - I think you are using the wrong dll for the save version you have. Contact me via PM for email if you want me to double check the save file ... but all the others I have ... it's to do with the dll and which version you saved under.

Cheers

(in reply to d0mbo)
Post #: 2609
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 6/18/2011 7:09:28 AM   
michaelm75au

I just tried out witpstaff v0.8 with the new 'generic' DLL, and it manage to read the newest beta save AND not complain about the libraries.

Only downside seems to be that it still wants to use a Java prior to Sun's v18 upgrade.

Michael

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2610
Page:   <<   < prev  85 86 [87] 88 89   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! Page: <<   < prev  85 86 [87] 88 89   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI