Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0.1 Available

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0.1 Available Page: <<   < prev  92 93 [94] 95 96   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0.1 Available - 9/3/2011 10:38:06 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: SgtSwanson

These are the msgs I'm getting after putting the Java.exe in the folder

What the folder looks like, it's currently in the game dir.

The first 2 images will flip flop between the regular and no-map modes.

The message about the keyword in the witptracker.properties file isn't really the cause of the problems, but send it to me at witptracker@gmail.com and I'll check it.

The other error is because the program didn't clean up the database files. Remove the six trackerdb.* files and then try to run it again.

Floyd

(in reply to SgtSwanson)
Post #: 2791
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0.1 Available - 9/3/2011 11:31:55 PM   
pws1225

Six db files? I thought there were only four.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2792
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0.1 Available - 9/4/2011 12:17:10 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: pws1225

Six db files? I thought there were only four.

Usually four, but his screenshot showed six, since some were "in progress" files, like the lock file.

(in reply to pws1225)
Post #: 2793
RE: Loading speed - 9/4/2011 2:21:26 AM   
Xargun

quote:

ORIGINAL: fcharton

Since a few turns, the time needed for Tracker to initialize underwent a noticeable change, from less than a minute, to 12-15... (840 seconds for the base load, and about a minute more for the actual program start)

I now have 167 turns in the database, it is big (270MB) but not huge.

During the database load, memory usage is relatively low (about 150MB), as is processor usage (a few percents)
During the program load, both get slightly higher (500MB and 15-30%, on a dual core), but nothing too bad.

What seems to kill the whole thing seem to be the IO, and specifically the reads : Windows records 6 million reads for the base. I suspect the speed could be nicely reduced if some of those could be cached (there probably are a few files/data structure which bear the brunt of the IO). The fact that the change happened suddenly once a certain limit is reached suggests some parameter in Java or the database... (ie over a certain size, everything is done on disk, and gets slow)

In the meantime, is there any way I can speed up the loading, some way to "pack" the existing DB? some change in my java configuration?

Thanks in advance.
Francois

I am having the same problem with Tracker taking 15+ minutes to load. Usually took 90-100 seconds before then all of a sudden the time jumped to 3 minutes, then 4 and now were are up to 12 or more everytime. Not sure if I have some corruption in a data file or what but it really adds time to doing a turn as Japan.

I also notice that I cannot open tracker and then go back into the game - when I alt-tab back out Tracker has closed. Any ideas ?

Xargun

(in reply to fcharton)
Post #: 2794
RE: Loading speed - 9/4/2011 2:11:38 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Xargun

quote:

Since a few turns, the time needed for Tracker to initialize underwent a noticeable change, from less than a minute, to 12-15... (840 seconds for the base load, and about a minute more for the actual program start)

I now have 167 turns in the database, it is big (270MB) but not huge.

During the database load, memory usage is relatively low (about 150MB), as is processor usage (a few percents)
During the program load, both get slightly higher (500MB and 15-30%, on a dual core), but nothing too bad.

What seems to kill the whole thing seem to be the IO, and specifically the reads : Windows records 6 million reads for the base. I suspect the speed could be nicely reduced if some of those could be cached (there probably are a few files/data structure which bear the brunt of the IO). The fact that the change happened suddenly once a certain limit is reached suggests some parameter in Java or the database... (ie over a certain size, everything is done on disk, and gets slow)

In the meantime, is there any way I can speed up the loading, some way to "pack" the existing DB? some change in my java configuration?

Thanks in advance.
Francois

I am having the same problem with Tracker taking 15+ minutes to load. Usually took 90-100 seconds before then all of a sudden the time jumped to 3 minutes, then 4 and now were are up to 12 or more everytime. Not sure if I have some corruption in a data file or what but it really adds time to doing a turn as Japan.

I also notice that I cannot open tracker and then go back into the game - when I alt-tab back out Tracker has closed. Any ideas ?

Xargun

As more turns are loaded, more memory is needed. I'm guessing that you've reached a threshold where the program has to start paging to disk, significantly slowing things down. Can you try an experiment and reboot your PC and run just WitPTracker (nothing else) and see if the speed increases?

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 2795
RE: Loading speed - 9/4/2011 6:48:46 PM   
paulkenny

I want to load a different game in tracker, my game I was tracking seems to have died out.  So I moved all of those saved files from the tracker folder and saved my new turns into tracker (started later in the game so only have 2 turn in-in August 42).

changed the name of the game in the batch file

but when I load tracker it still loads the old game, im not sure how it even finds those files

any suggestions?

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2796
RE: Loading speed - 9/4/2011 7:09:15 PM   
seille

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulkenny

I want to load a different game in tracker, my game I was tracking seems to have died out.  So I moved all of those saved files from the tracker folder and saved my new turns into tracker (started later in the game so only have 2 turn in-in August 42).

changed the name of the game in the batch file

but when I load tracker it still loads the old game, im not sure how it even finds those files

any suggestions?

Did you delete the old database files ?
trackerdb.*** you have to delete.
Or you delete the current tracker folder and start with a fresh installation.

edit: There is a screenshot a few postings above. There you can see the database files i talked about.

< Message edited by seille -- 9/4/2011 7:10:33 PM >

(in reply to paulkenny)
Post #: 2797
RE: Loading speed - 9/4/2011 7:18:05 PM   
paulkenny

that would be both the trackerdb AND the trackerdb.backup files plus the other three trackerdb files?

(in reply to seille)
Post #: 2798
RE: Loading speed - 9/4/2011 7:21:56 PM   
seille

Yes, if you want to initialize a new DB you have to delete all files that start with trackerdb.
Thats what i did and it worked.

(in reply to paulkenny)
Post #: 2799
RE: Loading speed - 9/4/2011 7:43:08 PM   
paulkenny

got it working thanks

(in reply to seille)
Post #: 2800
RE: Loading speed - 9/5/2011 1:34:24 AM   
topeverest

Floyd,

All this time, I have been doing this aetracker thing backwards.

Now that I load the turn replay and then load AEtracker, I alwasy get the turns's signal intel in with the load. That qualifies as a big DOOOOOHHHH, but lesson learned.

Thanks,

Andy M

(in reply to paulkenny)
Post #: 2801
RE: Loading speed - 9/5/2011 3:03:47 AM   
Xargun

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg
As more turns are loaded, more memory is needed. I'm guessing that you've reached a threshold where the program has to start paging to disk, significantly slowing things down. Can you try an experiment and reboot your PC and run just WitPTracker (nothing else) and see if the speed increases?

Yes this worked - if I load Tracker before AE it loads in about 3 minutes - very reasonable I think for 220 turns or so of data. Thanks

Xargun

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2802
RE: Loading speed - 9/5/2011 7:36:50 AM   
rjopel

Request for column in the devices tab.

Can we get a production end date for devices?

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 2803
RE: Loading speed - 9/5/2011 10:31:15 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: rjopel

Request for column in the devices tab.

Can we get a production end date for devices?

Currently this isn't read in... It shouldn't be too hard to add, though...

(in reply to rjopel)
Post #: 2804
RE: Loading speed - 9/5/2011 10:36:35 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Xargun

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg

Yes this worked - if I load Tracker before AE it loads in about 3 minutes - very reasonable I think for 220 turns or so of data. Thanks

Xargun

Good data point. I guess we need to find a way to reduce the memory usage somehow.

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 2805
RE: Loading speed - 9/9/2011 9:14:11 AM   
fcharton

In case it might help, I noticed that even with many applications open not doing anything while Tracker loads does wonder (from 15 to 2 minutes for 170 turns in my case). So it seems to be less about running tracker with no other apps, than just leaving the computer while it launches.

@Floyd, a reason why this happens might be the way Tracker (or Java, or the DB engine) handles multithreading. In other word, lots of time might be lost everytime the CPU switches into or out of the Tracker threads. Understanding where this happens (possible offenders could be locks on the database, which are unneeded since Tracker DB is only used by Tracker, some config parameter for Java or the DB engine, like opening in readwrite while all you need is write or something), a good profiling utility might help narrow down on the actual cause.

Francos

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2806
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/10/2011 8:36:58 AM   
schwartzkie

quote fail....disregard

< Message edited by schwartzkie -- 9/10/2011 8:40:11 AM >

(in reply to asdicus)
Post #: 2807
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/10/2011 8:40:01 AM   
schwartzkie

quote:

ORIGINAL: asdicus

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: asdicus

For some reason tracker has stopped working properly in my babes mod pbm game. I am the allies and tracker has worked fine up to april 1943. For the last 2 daily turns I am getting this error when I try to load the file.

C:\Matrix Games\witp AE tracker>java -Xms384m -Xmx512m -jar "WitPTracker.jar"
WitP Tracker AE tables loaded in 10 seconds
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:
0 >= 0
at java.util.Vector.elementAt(Unknown Source)
at witptracker.AircraftPanel$1.getValueAt(AircraftPanel.java:127)
at witptracker.AircraftPanel$1.getColumnClass(AircraftPanel.java:137)
at javax.swing.table.TableRowSorter.useToString(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultRowSorter.updateUseToString(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultRowSorter.sort(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultRowSorter.setRowFilter(Unknown Source)
at witptracker.AircraftPanel.actionPerformed(AircraftPanel.java:595)
at javax.swing.JComboBox.fireActionEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComboBox.contentsChanged(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractListModel.fireContentsChanged(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultComboBoxModel.setSelectedItem(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultComboBoxModel.addElement(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComboBox.addItem(Unknown Source)
at witptracker.AircraftPanel.PopulateCombos(AircraftPanel.java:828)
at witptracker.AircraftPanel.<init>(AircraftPanel.java:280)
at witptracker.GUIMain.CreateAndShowGUI(GUIMain.java:752)
at witptracker.GUIMain$5.run(GUIMain.java:1018)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown
Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

C:\Matrix Games\witp AE tracker>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

I am using Win XP pro and I am sure java is loaded ok etc - tracker has worked fine for over 400 turns. Using 1.8 tracker. Any thoughts ? I can post a save game file if it would help the tracker developers.

Thanks - posting a save before and after this occurred would be good. witptracker@gmail.com

In the mean time maybe you could make a new install of tracker and see if you can load one of those new turns.

Cheers

Sorry this problem was my mistake. I am using the 1108p6 beta which has a new pwsdll. When I reinstalled ae tracker I forgot to replace the original pwsdll with the beta pwsdll. Problem is now solved.

Thanks for your reply to my query.

Im having a similar issue except I already pasted the new pwsdll to the tracker folder. Just upgraded from 1106i to 1108q2 as well as Tracker 1.6 to Tracker 1.8. Any tips?

Thanks in advance

(in reply to asdicus)
Post #: 2808
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/10/2011 9:11:03 AM   
fcharton

quote:

ORIGINAL: schwartzkie
Im having a similar issue except I already pasted the new pwsdll to the tracker folder. Just upgraded from 1106i to 1108q2 as well as Tracker 1.6 to Tracker 1.8. Any tips?

If you are under XP, try having a Windows update of your system. One update is needed for the recent DLL to work.

Francois

(in reply to schwartzkie)
Post #: 2809
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/10/2011 10:39:35 AM   
n01487477

quote:

quote:

If you are under XP, try having a Windows update of your system. One update is needed for the recent DLL to work.

Francois

Correct and XP's update is a bit fickle so make sure that the C++ update is one of the updates.

(in reply to fcharton)
Post #: 2810
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/10/2011 4:22:07 PM   
schwartzkie

I am running on Windows 7

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2811
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/11/2011 10:45:07 AM   
Chris21wen

Request

I know that when some groups arrive in play their leader can also a pilot but did not realised that pilots assigned to a sqn could also be air group leaders. All you need to do is transer them to the reserve and they will then appear in the lest of group leaders. This may not be new to some of you but it was to me.

Problem is there is no way within game that I can see that will allow you to work this out. Only reason I found this out was I wanted to assign a good training leader (high leadership) to a NZ group and used tracker to list available leaders. The top three had leadership over 70 and very high inpiration 85+ but I could not see them in game. I decided to look at the list of top pilots in game and found them assigned to one unit, but as pilots. I stuck them into reserve and they became available as group leaders.

In tracker it would help if the leader 'Assign to' field also indicated when they are assigned as pilots and for that matter, when they are assigned to tracom.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2812
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/11/2011 11:25:21 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris H

Request

I know that when some groups arrive in play their leader can also a pilot but did not realised that pilots assigned to a sqn could also be air group leaders. All you need to do is transer them to the reserve and they will then appear in the lest of group leaders. This may not be new to some of you but it was to me.

Problem is there is no way within game that I can see that will allow you to work this out. Only reason I found this out was I wanted to assign a good training leader (high leadership) to a NZ group and used tracker to list available leaders. The top three had leadership over 70 and very high inpiration 85+ but I could not see them in game. I decided to look at the list of top pilots in game and found them assigned to one unit, but as pilots. I stuck them into reserve and they became available as group leaders.

In tracker it would help if the leader 'Assign to' field also indicated when they are assigned as pilots and for that matter, when they are assigned to tracom.

Interesting ... I'll have a look and see if it is possible, Thanks for the suggestion.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 2813
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/11/2011 11:28:45 AM   
n01487477

quote:

I am running on Windows 7

What C++ redistributables do you have installed?
These?
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=2892766

Post #: 2814
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/11/2011 2:44:40 PM   
Dan Nichols

I just downloaded the q3 beta patch. It has a exe file that supports 70,000 pilots but I guess it doesn't work with the current Tracker version. What are your plans for this?

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2815
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/11/2011 4:19:33 PM   
schwartzkie

I uninstalled and reinstalled what I could find.....looks like this now and still doesnt work. I cant seem to find the specific version you have listed there.....

Attachment (1)

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2816
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/11/2011 6:11:50 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dan Nichols

I just downloaded the q3 beta patch. It has a exe file that supports 70,000 pilots but I guess it doesn't work with the current Tracker version. What are your plans for this?

Next version will support it.

(in reply to Dan Nichols)
Post #: 2817
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/11/2011 8:16:54 PM   
Dan Nichols

Thank you.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2818
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/12/2011 6:20:07 AM   
n01487477

quote:

I uninstalled and reinstalled what I could find.....looks like this now and still doesnt work. I cant seem to find the specific version you have listed there.....

Yeah - curious that our versions of the C++ software are different. Looks like you didn't reinstall the 2005 recently though ... Also what about doing a manual check for updates ?

Also I'd like to the see the exact error message and you say win7- 32 or 64 bit ? Java 32 bit installed (not Ver 7) ?

Post #: 2819
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/12/2011 11:24:14 AM   
michaelm75au

For reference, the AE code being generated uses the C++ 2005 Redist.

Michael

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2820
Page:   <<   < prev  92 93 [94] 95 96   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0.1 Available Page: <<   < prev  92 93 [94] 95 96   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI