Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! Page: <<   < prev  93 94 [95] 96 97   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/12/2011 11:31:48 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

For reference, the AE code being generated uses the C++ 2005 Redist.

Thanks Michael - I never got around to testing that. Also thanks to his great work on the beta - I was able to implement the new shipProduction which allows users to turn off production before the delay <= durability * 30. This is a great addition as you can do it once and forget about it instead of checking each turn. I'm not renaming it though - just keeping the Tracker indicator at "halted".

Here is the screen shot - I also included a field below that tells of possible conversions for that class, not future upgrade classes though.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 9/12/2011 11:36:13 AM >

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 2821
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/12/2011 2:27:06 PM   
n01487477

Still mucking around with the rearm pop-up. Not sure whether it is really valuable of not. Also got one for TF's. Guess the big thing is that without reading in the ammo numbers except for torpedo's on CV's - it may be just fluff. Might rethink the whole thing.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2822
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/12/2011 3:42:35 PM   
schwartzkie

I just updated the 2005 redistributables, intestingly enough, Microsoft only has 2 versions on their site....both different than yours.....

I am using Java 32 bit version 6.0.270.7, recently updated as well. I am running Win7 64 Bit.

Thanks for the assistance.

Schwartzkie

Attachment (1)

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2823
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/12/2011 3:43:28 PM   
schwartzkie

and here is the actual Error message

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by schwartzkie -- 9/12/2011 3:44:09 PM >

(in reply to schwartzkie)
Post #: 2824
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/13/2011 1:14:42 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: schwartzkie

I just updated the 2005 redistributables, interestingly enough, Microsoft only has 2 versions on their site....both different than yours.....

Actually Microsoft has many versions on their site all of which are indexed terribly.
This is the version I'm using. I did a google search on the version number.
Install the x86 version.
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=26347

Another suggestion.
Make a new tracker install, copy the new dll from the beta2 folder into that folder and try to load a new turn from the beta version of AE. This will eliminate any problems with the DB that might have been caused by upgrading and it not working properly.

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 9/13/2011 1:15:04 AM >

Post #: 2825
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/13/2011 3:25:23 AM   
schwartzkie

Its working from a fresh install. Is there any way for me to save the information in the original database?

Thanks again for your help.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2826
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/13/2011 5:58:50 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: schwartzkie
Its working from a fresh install. Is there any way for me to save the information in the original database?

Thanks again for your help.

Nothing is impossible - but I'd say it is toast.

Post #: 2827
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/13/2011 9:16:30 AM   
AdmNelson

I am having a problem running this in beta2 --- tracker works with the base games -- Am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with the save file?

C:\Documents and Settings\lnelson\Desktop\AE_AR>java -Xms384m -Xmx512m -jar "Wit
PTracker.jar"
WitP Tracker AE tables loaded in 9 seconds
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:
0 >= 0
at java.util.Vector.elementAt(Unknown Source)
at witptracker.ShipClassPanel$1.getValueAt(ShipClassPanel.java:109)
at witptracker.ShipClassPanel$1.getColumnClass(ShipClassPanel.java:137)
at javax.swing.table.TableRowSorter.useToString(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultRowSorter.updateUseToString(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultRowSorter.sort(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultRowSorter.setRowFilter(Unknown Source)
at witptracker.ShipClassPanel.actionPerformed(ShipClassPanel.java:690)
at javax.swing.JComboBox.fireActionEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComboBox.contentsChanged(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractListModel.fireContentsChanged(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultComboBoxModel.setSelectedItem(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultComboBoxModel.addElement(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComboBox.addItem(Unknown Source)
at witptracker.ShipClassPanel.PopulateCombos(ShipClassPanel.java:672)
at witptracker.ShipClassPanel.<init>(ShipClassPanel.java:571)
at witptracker.GUIMain.CreateAndShowGUI(GUIMain.java:736)
at witptracker.GUIMain$5.run(GUIMain.java:1018)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown
Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

C:\Documents and Settings\lnelson\Desktop\AE_AR>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

Very Proud Marine Dad

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2828
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/13/2011 9:24:40 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: AdmNelson

I am having a problem running this in beta2 --- tracker works with the base games -- Am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with the save file?

C:\Documents and Settings\lnelson\Desktop\AE_AR>java -Xms384m -Xmx512m -jar "Wit
PTracker.jar"
WitP Tracker AE tables loaded in 9 seconds
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:
0 >= 0
at java.util.Vector.elementAt(Unknown Source)

Here are my pointers:
1. Install a fresh version of Tracker and configure the properties file.
2. Copy the dll from the beta2 dir into the new tracker dir.
3. Make sure you have done a windows update and check the version number of your C++ 2005 install on your computer. I made reference to that in an earlier post.
Install the x86 version.
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=26347
4. Make sure you have Java 32 bit installed ver 6 not ver 7.

Good luck.

(in reply to AdmNelson)
Post #: 2829
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/13/2011 11:38:56 AM   
n01487477

I just noticed it's been a long time (4 mths) since we released a version of Tracker. This, I believe is the longest hiatus that we've had since we released for witp-stock in 2008. Some of this is due to the beta evolution and some due to Floyd and my R.L commitments. Anyway, I've been trolling this thread for requests and I think I have a complete list (of which we've done many, if not most of the smaller stuff) ...

So is there anything else you guys want before I get really busy again?

Three years spare-time of rolling around in data points and code and we're still here and haven't finished!

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2830
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/13/2011 4:41:37 PM   
Xargun

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

I just noticed it's been a long time (4 mths) since we released a version of Tracker. This, I believe is the longest hiatus that we've had since we released for witp-stock in 2008. Some of this is due to the beta evolution and some due to Floyd and my R.L commitments. Anyway, I've been trolling this thread for requests and I think I have a complete list (of which we've done many, if not most of the smaller stuff) ...

Three years spare-time of rolling around in data points and code and we're still here and haven't finished!

Not sure if its included already or not but some way to remove old turns or old information from the Database. Mostly I'm talking useless stuff like base expansions or such for old turns that are not relevant any more. Thanks

Xargun

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2831
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/13/2011 8:15:29 PM   
CaptDave

quote:

I mentioned something before the last update, and you agreed it was a good idea -- but it didn't seem to make it in. Of course, right now I don't remember exactly what it was, but it seems to me it had to do with extra columns in the Bases display so I could sort on the information (I know it had to do with sortable columns, but don't remember whether it was the Bases display or what columns I wanted). I'll start looking for the old post, but mentioning it now in case it rings any bells with you.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2832
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/13/2011 8:34:46 PM   
CaptDave

Okay, I just remembered what I was hoping for!  I'd like to see columns available so I can sort the bases based on damage levels.  It's not at all convenient to have to move through the bases, one at a time, looking at the sub-screen and hoping I notice when one of the three values changes from 0 (and they're just far enough apart laterally that it's almost impossible to see and comprehend all three simultaneously using the Mark I eyeball).

(in reply to CaptDave)
Post #: 2833
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/15/2011 5:25:37 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: CaptDave

Okay, I just remembered what I was hoping for!  I'd like to see columns available so I can sort the bases based on damage levels.  It's not at all convenient to have to move through the bases, one at a time, looking at the sub-screen and hoping I notice when one of the three values changes from 0 (and they're just far enough apart laterally that it's almost impossible to see and comprehend all three simultaneously using the Mark I eyeball).

Not exactly what you want ... but at least the filter makes it easier to check

Attachment (1)

(in reply to CaptDave)
Post #: 2834
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/15/2011 5:33:33 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Xargun

Not sure if its included already or not but some way to remove old turns or old information from the Database. Mostly I'm talking useless stuff like base expansions or such for old turns that are not relevant any more. Thanks

Xargun

Yep - would like to have that too. I think it would take a while to code though - so not until we have some free time.

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 2835
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/15/2011 5:45:44 AM   
FeurerKrieg

I'll repost this one since you mentioned you are looking for requests.

quote:

On the Ship Repair screen is there a way to flag ships that are being repaired for upgrade versus those that are being repair for damage? I ask because I usually scan that screen for ships that have made it to port and need to be put in a repair yard. Often times I will see a ship that is under repair at pierside or underway and I think "oh, it has 10 sys damage, I'll move it to the yard" then in game I realize that it was for an upgrade, in which case the yard doesn't speed up the repair since upgrades have a min repair time regardless of what repair method is employed.

A column indicator, or a filter for, ships that are being repaired due to upgrade would be great.

Upper portion used with permission of www.subart.net, copyright John Meeks

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2836
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/15/2011 5:51:46 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Feurer Krieg

I'll repost this one since you mentioned you are looking for requests.

quote:

On the Ship Repair screen is there a way to flag ships that are being repaired for upgrade versus those that are being repair for damage? I ask because I usually scan that screen for ships that have made it to port and need to be put in a repair yard. Often times I will see a ship that is under repair at pierside or underway and I think "oh, it has 10 sys damage, I'll move it to the yard" then in game I realize that it was for an upgrade, in which case the yard doesn't speed up the repair since upgrades have a min repair time regardless of what repair method is employed.

A column indicator, or a filter for, ships that are being repaired due to upgrade would be great.

Yeah I had a look at this when you originally posted it. I'm just not sure how I can retroactively check that the damage was from an upgrade ... I think that we check and show an alert with an upgrade... I'll have to think about it more.
Thanks again

(in reply to FeurerKrieg)
Post #: 2837
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/15/2011 5:56:27 AM   
FeurerKrieg

No, no.. thank YOU guys for working on this wonderful program.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2838
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/15/2011 6:06:03 AM   
n01487477

quote:

No, no.. thank YOU guys for working on this wonderful program.

Not a big no yet ... just have to see if it's possible.
Thanks for the support.

Post #: 2839
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/15/2011 5:34:38 PM   
Xargun

Maybe this feature exists already but is there a way in Tracker to list all of your air groups that are currently understrength ? I don't pay much attention to the groups in China, Home Islands or Manchukuo too much - especially when they mostly do nothing but train pilots and I would like a quick and easy way to see when they need more planes.

Xargun

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2840
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/15/2011 11:43:15 PM   
FeurerKrieg

quote:

Maybe this feature exists already but is there a way in Tracker to list all of your air groups that are currently understrength ? I don't pay much attention to the groups in China, Home Islands or Manchukuo too much - especially when they mostly do nothing but train pilots and I would like a quick and easy way to see when they need more planes.

Xargun

+1

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 2841
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/15/2011 11:58:59 PM   
n01487477

quote:

Xargun

It can be seen in the airgroups screen (insufficient aircraft + other filtering - training etc) or the air production screen (clicking on totals (or each plane type) and then Rein needed) ... Or is this not what you mean ?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 2842
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/16/2011 12:28:57 AM   
CaptDave

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: CaptDave

Not exactly what you want ... but at least the filter makes it easier to check

Actually, Damian, it may not be exactly what I asked for, but it's exactly what I need. Thanx.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2843
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/16/2011 5:05:00 AM   
FeurerKrieg

quote:

quote:

Xargun

It can be seen in the airgroups screen (insufficient aircraft + other filtering - training etc) or the air production screen (clicking on totals (or each plane type) and then Rein needed) ... Or is this not what you mean ?

This screen would be perfect (and what I'm looking for) if it had one more column that was [Max planes] - [sum(ready, repair, reserve)]

EDIT: And I'd be fine with the negative numbers that could arise since that would tell me units that have frames I can send back to pool if I needed them.

Thanks!

< Message edited by Feurer Krieg -- 9/16/2011 5:06:08 AM >

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2844
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/16/2011 4:40:35 PM   
n01487477

quote:

This screen would be perfect (and what I'm looking for) if it had one more column that was [Max planes] -

EDIT: And I'd be fine with the negative numbers that could arise since that would tell me units that have frames I can send back to pool if I needed them.

Thanks!

Done to the Air Production screen except I went with the more intuitive equation of [sum(ready, repair, reserve)]-[Max planes].

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 9/16/2011 4:41:14 PM >

Post #: 2845
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/16/2011 7:29:48 PM   
Xargun

quote:

Excellent thank you a lot. This will save me a lot of time.

Xargun

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2846
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/16/2011 7:34:43 PM   
FeurerKrieg

Thanks!
[/quote]
Done to the Air Production screen except I went with the more intuitive equation of [sum(ready, repair, reserve)]-[Max planes].

[/quote]

Either way works for me and thanks much!

Will the next release work fine with the current standard version of WITP AE? I've read a bunch about tracker and the current beta and I am now wondering if the next tracker update is going to have anything that will not be backward compatible.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2847
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/17/2011 1:08:50 AM   
n01487477

quote:

Thanks!
quote:

Either way works for me and thanks much!

Will the next release work fine with the current standard version of WITP AE? I've read a bunch about tracker and the current beta and I am now wondering if the next tracker update is going to have anything that will not be backward compatible.

It should be ...

Post #: 2848
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/17/2011 10:47:17 PM   
floydg

quote:

The latest DLL is backward compatible (I am using it with non-beta saves). The changes I made for a larger pilot pool is also backward compatible (it determines the pilot table size dynamically).

Floyd

Post #: 2849
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/18/2011 2:56:21 AM   
ceremony

Thanks for doing this, guys. Amazing work.

--Bruce

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2850
Page:   <<   < prev  93 94 [95] 96 97   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! Page: <<   < prev  93 94 [95] 96 97   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI