Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! Page: <<   < prev  94 95 [96] 97 98   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/18/2011 12:20:18 PM   
Zebedee

Coming back to play and after Michael's patch, it's check for tracker updates.

Your trouble fixing is well in advance of me so quick copy over of the beta .dll, just in case, and then using the September 2010 .exe files had me up and running in no time. Super stuff.

Such an amazing tool - thank you :)

(in reply to ceremony)
Post #: 2851
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/18/2011 3:58:01 PM   
KMCCARTHY

I updated to 1.8 and get this. Any help?

C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\WitPTracker AE Release 1.8>
java -Xms384m -Xmx512m -jar "WitPTracker.jar" nomap
WitP Tracker AE tables loaded in 23 seconds
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:
0 >= 0
at java.util.Vector.elementAt(Unknown Source)
at witptracker.BasePanel$1.getValueAt(BasePanel.java:155)
at witptracker.BasePanel$1.getColumnClass(BasePanel.java:231)
at javax.swing.table.TableRowSorter.useToString(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultRowSorter.updateUseToString(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultRowSorter.sort(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultRowSorter.setRowFilter(Unknown Source)
at witptracker.BasePanel.actionPerformed(BasePanel.java:1082)
at javax.swing.JComboBox.fireActionEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComboBox.contentsChanged(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractListModel.fireContentsChanged(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultComboBoxModel.setSelectedItem(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultComboBoxModel.addElement(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComboBox.addItem(Unknown Source)
at witptracker.BasePanel.SetRegionList(BasePanel.java:1434)
at witptracker.BasePanel.<init>(BasePanel.java:1024)
at witptracker.GUIMain.CreateAndShowGUI(GUIMain.java:744)
at witptracker.GUIMain$5.run(GUIMain.java:1018)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown
Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\WitPTracker AE Release 1.8>
pause
Press any key to continue . . .

(in reply to Zebedee)
Post #: 2852
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/18/2011 10:44:56 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: KMCCARTHY

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:
0 >= 0
pause

Are you using the pwsdll.dll file from the beta? If not, copy it from the AE game folder to the WitPTracker folder and try again.

(in reply to KMCCARTHY)
Post #: 2853
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/19/2011 1:44:06 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: KMCCARTHY

0 >= 0
pause

Are you using the pwsdll.dll file from the beta? If not, copy it from the AE game folder to the WitPTracker folder and try again.

Actually, it's the one in the beta2 folder ;-) And you might need to do a windows update for the 2005 C++ Redistributables

Oh and start a new DB - by deleting the trackerdb files

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2854
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/20/2011 10:14:42 PM   
Cavalry Corp

Help please...

Tracker part loads but i get the following error message please help

Error comparing AP loss( compare apl_unequal size )
Any help much appreciated , currently playing scn 2 pbem , as Japs, BETA P6, 2 day turns

Cav

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2855
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/21/2011 3:24:56 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: cavalry

Help please...

Tracker part loads but i get the following error message please help

Error comparing AP loss( compare apl_unequal size )
Any help much appreciated , currently playing scn 2 pbem , as Japs, BETA P6, 2 day turns

Cav

You will have to send the previous turn and the turn that gives the error message to Floyd at: witptracker@gmail.com

Otherwise, the DB is probably not working properly now and you can try to load a new turn and see if it is still functional or otherwise start a new DB.

Floyd and I haven't discussed when we will release yet ... so it might be a while to wait. Hoepfully not too long though ;-)

(in reply to Cavalry Corp)
Post #: 2856
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/21/2011 2:38:30 PM   
n01487477

New Feature ... R&D for the Japanese. Seeing as Michael has allowed it in the Q4 beta - I'm using it

Attachment (1)

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2857
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/22/2011 2:02:25 AM   
SuluSea

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

New Feature ... R&D for the Japanese. Seeing as Michael has allowed it in the Q4 beta - I'm using it

Man , you're always on the cutting edge Damian... Good stuff!!

"There’s no such thing as a bitter person who keeps the bitterness to himself.” ~ Erwin Lutzer

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2858
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/23/2011 6:13:48 PM   
Bullwinkle58

Apologies if this has been covered. I Searched using Google under multiple terms and found nothing close.

I'm running a Scen 2 vs. AI game as Allies. Did last official patch, and about 2/3 of the betas. Have the proper DLL in the folder, and today, when I noticed my problem, I erased and rebuilt the DB. Tracker runs fine except for this:

In my game I activated kamis early using the 1/1/44 code by invading the Kuriles. I've taken hundreds of sinkings from kamis of many models, and all are coded in Tracker as this Device 2012. Looking in the Editor I don't see a device coded that high. The "Unknown Device 0" sinkings all show in AE's Sunk Ships report as "Unknown." All of the Device 2012 ships show as sunk by "Kamikaze."

I have never previously early-activated kamis, or really paid attention in Tracker to how they are reported. Is this WAD, a factor of DB changes in the last official patch, a bug, or something else?

Attachment (1)

The Moose

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2859
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/23/2011 6:24:59 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

Apologies if this has been covered. I Searched using Google under multiple terms and found nothing close.

I'm running a Scen 2 vs. AI game as Allies. Did last official patch, and about 2/3 of the betas. Have the proper DLL in the folder, and today, when I noticed my problem, I erased and rebuilt the DB. Tracker runs fine except for this:

In my game I activated kamis early using the 1/1/44 code by invading the Kuriles. I've taken hundreds of sinkings from kamis of many models, and all are coded in Tracker as this Device 2012. Looking in the Editor I don't see a device coded that high. The "Unknown Device 0" sinkings all show in AE's Sunk Ships report as "Unknown." All of the Device 2012 ships show as sunk by "Kamikaze."

I have never previously early-activated kamis, or really paid attention in Tracker to how they are reported. Is this WAD, a factor of DB changes in the last official patch, a bug, or something else?

Thanks - we don't know all the codes but at least we can rectify the 2012 as kamikaze.

Cheers

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 2860
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/23/2011 7:50:07 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

Thanks - we don't know all the codes but at least we can rectify the 2012 as kamikaze.

Cheers

I think that would be helpful, and I'm not much of a Java programmer (one course, long ago), but my head-scratcher is WHERE it came up with a Device 2012? That's a couple of hundred numbers higher than the Device list in the Editor. I wouldn't want to instigate breaking something else. My karma couldn't stand the load right now.

The Moose

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2861
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/23/2011 11:32:34 PM   
fcharton

Hi,

Tracker does not seem to see (Japanese) troop-converted cargoes. In all lists, they appear exactly the same as their regular counterparts (which means their capacity is incorrect).

Damian, where can the R&D-improved version you presented a few posts above be downloaded? ON the website, I only see the April 2011 release. Is there a special beta directory or something?

Thanks in advance,
Francois

Post #: 2862
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/24/2011 1:22:01 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

quote:

Cheers

I think that would be helpful, and I'm not much of a Java programmer (one course, long ago), but my head-scratcher is WHERE it came up with a Device 2012? That's a couple of hundred numbers higher than the Device list in the Editor. I wouldn't want to instigate breaking something else. My karma couldn't stand the load right now.

The 2000 range are special devices (2005 is "Sunk by foundering", for example). Send me a save (witptracker@gmail.com) so I can test my fix.

[EDIT: With the save, I fixed that one and few others I never saw before (collision, marine casualty).]

Floyd

< Message edited by floydg -- 9/24/2011 2:15:37 AM >

Post #: 2863
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/24/2011 2:14:37 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: fcharton

Hi,

Tracker does not seem to see (Japanese) troop-converted cargoes. In all lists, they appear exactly the same as their regular counterparts (which means their capacity is incorrect).

Thanks Francois - I'll have a look into that for you.[edit]I think we knew about it, just hadn't implemented the 1/3 cargo space to troop capacity for "-t" ships.
quote:

Damian, where can the R&D-improved version you presented a few posts above be downloaded? ON the website, I only see the April 2011 release. Is there a special beta directory or something?

Thanks in advance,
Francois

That version hasn't been released yet, so it is unavailable at this time. I guess I should chat about a release date with Floyd soon; but we're both working pretty hard these days. And I haven't finished a lot of tracker code that I'd like to include. Maybe I will just have to wait until 2.0.

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 9/24/2011 2:47:04 AM >

(in reply to fcharton)
Post #: 2864
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/24/2011 3:56:17 AM   
n01487477

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: fcharton

Hi,

Thanks Francois - I'll have a look into that for you.[edit]I think we knew about it, just hadn't implemented the 1/3 cargo space to troop capacity for "-t" ships.

Done for the next release ... actually the manual is wrong; it is a quarter of cargo, rounded to the nearest multiple of 5 and then added to troop capacity.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2865
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/24/2011 5:29:10 AM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

[EDIT: With the save, I fixed that one and few others I never saw before (collision, marine casualty).]

Floyd

Glad I could help.

The Moose

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2866
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/26/2011 3:06:37 AM   
Graymane

Is there a regions file for Andrews extended map mod? I just installed DaBigBabes 'C' and was looking for a regions file for it.

Post #: 2867
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/26/2011 3:12:36 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Graymane

Is there a regions file for Andrews extended map mod? I just installed DaBigBabes 'C' and was looking for a regions file for it.

Not sure if JWE's region file works properly (in the region-mappings folder)... otherwise I'd start with Kull's or JWE's and modify. Maybe ask in the specific scenario thread too.

We don't have the time to maintain up-to-date region mappings files with all the different mods; so if you come up with a good one send it on and we'll include it.

Thanks

(in reply to Graymane)
Post #: 2868
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/27/2011 11:41:44 AM   
beppi

Some technical question.

It seems that you are using some sort of internal database library to store the tracker data.
What i saw now, cause i have some performance problems (have a very large database with lot of turns) that whenever i launch the tracker that the system resources for my local wlan (Intel driver) skyrocket to almost 50% too. Is it possible that with your connection to the database you are using the external IP adress and not the internal loopback so all traffice regarding to loading the tracker are looped over the external network connection and not the internal loopback ?

I haven't tracked it in detail but it seems a little bit strange (and could be responsible for some of the performance problem during loading).

WLKEEPER.exe is the Intel drivers of the WLAN.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by beppi -- 9/27/2011 11:43:59 AM >

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2869
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/27/2011 12:41:11 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: beppi

Some technical question.

It seems that you are using some sort of internal database library to store the tracker data.
What i saw now, cause i have some performance problems (have a very large database with lot of turns) that whenever i launch the tracker that the system resources for my local wlan (Intel driver) skyrocket to almost 50% too. Is it possible that with your connection to the database you are using the external IP adress and not the internal loopback so all traffice regarding to loading the tracker are looped over the external network connection and not the internal loopback ?

I haven't tracked it in detail but it seems a little bit strange (and could be responsible for some of the performance problem during loading).

Nope we don't use any lan connections or external IP's our DB is controlled by
"org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver" connected directly to the DB file.

(in reply to beppi)
Post #: 2870
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/27/2011 12:55:58 PM   
floydg

quote:

quote:

Some technical question.

As Damian said, no LAN connections are explictly made by WitPTracker.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2871
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/27/2011 4:05:44 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

Some technical question.

I assume the HD with the tracker database is local to your PC and not on LAN-connected HD.

Michael

(in reply to beppi)
Post #: 2872
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/27/2011 5:05:08 PM   
beppi

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

quote:

Some technical question.

I assume the HD with the tracker database is local to your PC and not on LAN-connected HD.

It is not uncommon that today you do a abstraction on the TCP Layer 7 and no longer care for System/Lan/Wan or anything else. You usually do not even care about any protocols as the libraries in combination with the operating system handle whatever you need.

From a quick look it seems that org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver works exactly that way and does not distinguish between System and Lan and Wan and anything else as a local connection would just be a local connection on the loop back.

And as i know from experience (saw that problems more than once in software or system configuration) for example if you access your localhost (127.0.0.1) not by that IP(or by localhost as name) instead by your external IP that all traffic is looped over the NIC (at least the driver if it is good developed, but even saw once communication to the next switch and back to the NIC, if you use more than one IP Adress). And don't think that any data is sent to the LAN instead it seems that for an unknown reason during loading of the tracker the driver of the NIC uses and unusual high amount of system resources.

Saw that problem once in an ESX Environment when everyone was complaining of the bad performance between the different VMS, and instead of the local connection between the VMS the external IPS where accessed which resulted in a heavy load on the NIC.

It was just an idea when i saw that problem today and could be a bad configured notebook (Company one) or some other driver which forces all local connections over the NIC (Anti Virus stuff or security stuff or VPN Stuff or whatever ). Will track it a little bit further if i have time and as i said was just a question.

< Message edited by beppi -- 9/27/2011 5:06:59 PM >

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 2873
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/27/2011 5:29:25 PM   
herwin

quote:

quote:

Some technical question.

If other machines can access the database, even theoretically, there will be a connection.

Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2874
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/27/2011 6:02:50 PM   
beppi

quote:

quote:

quote:

Some technical question.

As Damian said, no LAN connections are explictly made by WitPTracker.

Ok to clarify the case, your are right and i was clearly wrong.

It was just and idea and i did some traces with Wireshark, and not traffic is running over the external IP of the NIC (even if it is loopbacked by the NIC) and did a quick check with RawCap and no traffic is done over the internal loopback (127.0.0.1) (but dont shoot me if it is done, as not that easy to capture loopback traffic on windows).

Will have to track why the NIC driver uses so much resources. Could be a windows task manager display problem or something else.

< Message edited by beppi -- 9/27/2011 6:05:45 PM >

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2875
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/27/2011 6:14:25 PM   
bk19@mweb.co.za

quote:

Will have to track why the NIC driver uses so much resources. Could be a windows task manager display problem or something else.

Have you considered the probability that since the Database is been installed in memory that the OS may well be swapping data from internal cache space to swap space on disk. Have you checked for any disk thrashing?

(in reply to beppi)
Post #: 2876
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/29/2011 8:54:51 AM   
n01487477

Screen for consideration ...
Two new columns. I wanted to make the building no's more manageable or understandable. I think I've just made it more complicated... But anyway.

upg(Total)
The first no. = current (delayed and arrived) direct upgrade or the next upgrade for a group.
The (Total) = the first no. + grp PDU OFF upgrade path (so I iterate through all the groups and see what will upgrade to this type (PDU OFF))

Rec.B =TBO.YTA + upg(Total); Hence you can just by looking at this number determine how many planes your need to build of a certain model.

I was also thinking here that this Rec.B could have some intelligence in regard to the time of the next upgrade. Take the A6M2, some of the delayed groups are well beyond the later models availablility and maybe shouldn't have their max numbers incorporated into the Rec.B. I could compensate for that in parenthesis... maybe I'm just becoming too picky.

Comments or suggestions?

At this stage it is only tuned for PDU OFF, but I think it will give enough info for the time being. Maybe later if I get enough feedback I'll modify for PDU ON...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 9/29/2011 9:05:43 AM >

(in reply to bk19@mweb.co.za)
Post #: 2877
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/29/2011 7:56:48 PM   
bk19@mweb.co.za

As it happens I have just been struggling with planning aircraft production and R&D. I could have used this benefit that you have added. Not enough data is way worse than too much. In this case though, I do not thing you have complicated matters at all.

You may want to add the option to allow the user to hide columns or re-order them.

A second thing that has occurred to me in the past is that 'sortable' columns need a marker to indicate this facility.

Since you have asked for suggestions, in this context I have an item on my wishlist.

I would like to see a suite of Pert Diagrams (or Gantt Charts) that clearly maps the progression of ship and aircraft manufacturing, r&d, upgrades and conversions.
Sometimes pictures are far easier to grasp and/or manipulate than arrays of complex (and sometimes disjoint) data sets.

< Message edited by bk19@mweb.co.za -- 9/29/2011 7:59:14 PM >

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2878
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/29/2011 8:00:40 PM   
bk19@mweb.co.za

Oh yes...

One final wish...

Please release 1.9 Yesterday!

Post #: 2879
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! - 9/30/2011 12:20:13 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: bk19@mweb.co.za

As it happens I have just been struggling with planning aircraft production and R&D. I could have used this benefit that you have added. Not enough data is way worse than too much. In this case though, I do not thing you have complicated matters at all.

Thanks, I'm glad my initial efforts are finding positive review.
quote:

You may want to add the option to allow the user to hide columns or re-order them.

You can reorder them now. Hide no ...
quote:

A second thing that has occurred to me in the past is that 'sortable' columns need a marker to indicate this facility.

Nearly all of the columns in Tracker are sortable... which ones aren't?
quote:

Since you have asked for suggestions, in this context I have an item on my wishlist.

I would like to see a suite of Pert Diagrams (or Gantt Charts) that clearly maps the progression of ship and aircraft manufacturing, r&d, upgrades and conversions.
Sometimes pictures are far easier to grasp and/or manipulate than arrays of complex (and sometimes disjoint) data sets.

I'll look into it. I'm a visual person too - my g/f says I never listen.

quote:

ORIGINAL: bk19@mweb.co.za
Oh yes...
One final wish...
Please release 1.9 Yesterday!

You do realise we are no-profit... It'll be done when it's done. But we hear you.

Post #: 2880
Page:   <<   < prev  94 95 [96] 97 98   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available! Page: <<   < prev  94 95 [96] 97 98   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI