Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can it run on this laptop

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Can it run on this laptop Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can it run on this laptop - 9/16/2009 8:46:51 PM   
Lt Matthews

I am looking at a Dell laptop with a 17inch screen.

Has2.10ghz, 800 MHZ FSB, 3072 MB DDR2 ram

HD is a 320 gig

video card is a intel graphics media accelerator 4500MHD, shared, up to 1309 MB total graphics available.

I have read the specs, I am concerend about the ram and the video card being compatable.
Post #: 1
RE: Can it run on this laptop - 9/16/2009 9:16:45 PM   
Andrew Williams

What prompts your concern?

(in reply to Lt Matthews)
Post #: 2
RE: Can it run on this laptop - 9/16/2009 9:25:33 PM   
Lt Matthews

The video card and ram are not listed like the specs on the game, so I am lost.  I have milked this computer along for over 4 years and kind of out of the latest info on them.  Also it used to be that some games would not run on laptops due to memory or video issues.

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 3
RE: Can it run on this laptop - 9/16/2009 10:45:37 PM   
squadleader_id

The should run fine on a laptop like that.
The game even runs without any probs on my old Celeron Laptop with only 512MB DDR1 RAM with shared intel GMA graphics.

Post #: 4
RE: Can it run on this laptop - 9/16/2009 10:50:52 PM   
DasHoff

lol man this game is like at least 10 years old. i think u will be fine

(in reply to squadleader_id)
Post #: 5
RE: Can it run on this laptop - 9/16/2009 11:29:46 PM   
Senior Drill

Well, a couple of minor nits to pick, there, DasHoff. This recoded re-release hasn't seen its first year yet. The original coding is almost ten years old, but still has a few months until its birthday.

@ Lt Matthews, real LT or pretend: Thank you for the opportunity to talk down to a shave-tail. I've always enjoyed the experience every time. Dude, your specs far and away exceed the requirements for CCTLD. If you have any problems at all, it might be that your machine tries to play it too fast, for which there are customizable settings and other work arounds available.

Get the game, pack your dufflebag, kiss your wife and kids goodbye for a while and rock on. Oh, and if you end up playing more than 10 hours each day for the first month, have your divorce paperwork started as well.

Enjoy.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre.

(in reply to DasHoff)
Post #: 6
RE: Can it run on this laptop - 9/17/2009 1:23:08 AM   
panzerlehr62

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lt Matthews

I am looking at a Dell laptop with a 17inch screen.

Has2.10ghz, 800 MHZ FSB, 3072 MB DDR2 ram

HD is a 320 gig

video card is a intel graphics media accelerator 4500MHD, shared, up to 1309 MB total graphics available.

I have read the specs, I am concerend about the ram and the video card being compatable.

Hello Matthews,

Buying a Dell (Ive got dell laptop thats 10 and it works perfectly, but that was made 10 yrs ago!) is what you should really be concerned about. My advise to you is go out to the dell website forums on that particular model and see what others have to say about it. I bought 630i a few months ago and had I done the same I wouldn't have this POS. Specs wise it probably could play the next 1000 yrs worth of CC releases. Fact is it freezes up whenever it feels like it (maybe 15mins, maybe it goes 10 hours) and I can't trust it.

Good luck to you,

Gz...

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Can it run on this laptop Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI