Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SP:MBT Mouse problem!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> SP:MBT Mouse problem! Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SP:MBT Mouse problem! - 6/15/2002 4:45:03 AM   
gbotto600

I just downloaded and installed SP:MBT and when i play it my mouse moves verrrryyyyyyy ssssllllooowwwllyyy

its hard as hell to do anything!

i have Windows XP Home Edition, on a P4 2ghz computer with 512mb of Ram and a Geforce4 video card

can some1 explain to me(step by step!) how to make my mouse move at a normal speed in SP:MBT!

:( :( :)

Email/MSN: gbotto600@hotmail.com
AIM: BersaglieriBotto

"This will b
Post #: 1
- 6/15/2002 5:13:16 AM   
DerC

I don't know what specifically causes this problem, but I know two friends who can't get the mouse to work properly in MBT. One is using Windows 2000 and the other XP. I'm running W98SE and using a relatively old computer to play the game. Since MBT is based on a old DOS game, using an older OS/computer probably reduces problems.

Also be sure to read the game help files, especially about creating the desktop shortcut to launch the game. I did this and set up the shortcut with its directions, then ran the setsound utility and the game worked just fine :)

Hope this helps

If you're ever having an argument with an idiot make sure he isn't.

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 2
- 6/15/2002 5:21:06 AM   
Kaakao

Yeah, I too suffer from the mouse problem :( I can only move the cursor on 2" x 3" area on the top right corner of the screen. Very interesting and now some spwaw :)

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 3
Spmbt ready for download!!! - 6/15/2002 5:45:41 AM   
Mikimoto

Hello guys,

Spmbt, modern warfare 1946-2020 is out! check it at:
http://www.wargamer.com/spcammo/page4.asp

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 4
- 6/15/2002 5:46:33 AM   
Charles2222

You might get more helpful information if you actually went to the people that made that game. I know in SPWW2 they want ou to make special adjustments to your shortcut, but whether that affects the mouse I do not know. Look at [url]www.wargamer.com[/url] for it's instructions if you didn't know there were any specific ones.

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 5
- 6/15/2002 6:21:00 AM   
young turk

i am running xp and have had similar problems with DOS games.

i remember that there is a program out there somewhere on the net that fixes the problem, i just cannot remember the name.

i know this does not help much, but maybe it points you in the right direction.

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 6
Didnt know it was out. - 6/15/2002 6:25:51 AM   
Fallschirmjager

Excellent.....d/l' ing now

I feel bad about getting this and not having donated to wargamer.com in a couple of months....
Wish I had some extra cash to give them

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 7
- 6/15/2002 6:27:28 AM   
young turk

try this link

http://www.minnemacs.com/manyhighways/sandbox/xp.html

they discuss the program i had in mind.

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 8
Thx - 6/15/2002 6:33:06 AM   
gorgias96

Thanks for ur help Miki.... i´ll look for it.. i like the "modern warfare"

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 9
- 6/15/2002 8:58:25 AM   
kevsharr

But from i've been able to gather it won't run on XP why put something out that will only run on a OS that microsoft is planning on not supporting?

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 10
- 6/15/2002 9:05:40 AM   
Charles2222

I being something of an anti-modern in wargaming terms decided to download it just to look it over. There's at least enough material there for me to have 2-3 days worth of curiousity if nothing else and my 98SE hasn't has a problem with it, though I did alter the shortcut as instructed.

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 11
- 6/15/2002 10:44:24 AM   
antarctic

Okay... slow mouse speed... the game guide should tell you how to fix this... search for "scroll speed".

Also, SPMBT is released by the SPCAMMO group, not Matrix. So it'd be better for all parties if you ask questions regarding SPMBT at the SPMBT forum, at

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/SPMBT

Hope this helps

Antarctic

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 12
- 6/15/2002 1:25:54 PM   
nelmsm1

Not to worry, I got it to run on XP just fine after a little work around for a slow mouse.

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 13
- 6/15/2002 9:44:57 PM   
MacCready

Wargamer server jammed up since last night.

I've been trying consistantly since last evening to download SP-MBT,but the server has been inandated with downloaders.

People have been downloading it steadily,I've not been able to link up with the file.

:mad:

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 14
- 6/15/2002 11:01:01 PM   
Bing

Keep tryng, I just downloaded the file from the above link with no problems - a tad slow for cable but still quite good.

If its standard dialup service, I can only sympathize. I put up with that for years - the best I ever got for download was five minutes per Meg. Which means this file would have taken 3 hours, 45 minutes - assuming no timeouts or disconnects and resumptions with the d/l utility (if the site even suports such a thing).

Six minutes today, it makes the higher monthly fee worthwhile.

Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 15
- 6/15/2002 11:09:32 PM   
Fallschirmjager

You learn to live with dialup.
It took me 4 hours
I went out to dinner then to the mall to shop for some books came back and it was only 3 minutes from completion.

Unfortunatly im having massive problems with it......
I better head over to their board and get to wroking on them...

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 16
- 6/15/2002 11:15:10 PM   
MacCready

Im using Verizon DSL.

Funny thing is I can grab other files from the wargamer server,just not that one.

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 17
- 6/15/2002 11:17:05 PM   
Bing

Check out the tons of material on compatibility issues with games on WinXP - Microsoft has made a point of furnishing the tools that will help the user get this done.

With my copy of WinXP Home I can get to the material by starting the help screen and typing in "compatibility" - is says right there it will help me get older apps to work on XP.

I mean its a start.Why not use what is there to being with?

Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 18
- 6/16/2002 12:23:58 AM   
gbotto600

argh! :(

i downloaded that mouse slower program but its wayy too complicted for me! :(

i have an older computer with Windows 98:SE and i guess i can run it on that one, but i wish i could paly it on my better machine! :(

Email/MSN: gbotto600@hotmail.com
AIM: BersaglieriBotto

"This will b

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 19
- 6/16/2002 12:53:32 AM   
RockinHarry

I´ll probably download it if I get the necessary time to do so....Well features sound interesting, but the Graphics....:eek: I can´t understand why the camo people don´t put any effort int o improving the terrain graphics! Still the same bad looking buildings ect. like in first SP2WW2 version....
This actually is already a reason for me not to download, but we´ll see....

_________
Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 20
- 6/16/2002 10:55:50 AM   
stevemk1a

I just downloaded SPMBT, and it's a blast to play! I've been defending Western Europe from the Soviet hoardes circa 1989. My only problem has been the occasional complete freeze up requiring a system reboot. I'll have to keep fiddling with it to try and see why this happens... :)

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 21
arena active defense - 6/16/2002 11:08:17 AM   
A_B

I'm playing a hypothetical campaign, China vs. Khazakstan (I'm Kahazak). Just played a defensive battle. The Chinese tanks had active defense against missles, which was a 'cluster bomb' graphic in the hex just to the front of the Chinese tank, and the message telling me whether i penetrated it or not. It was really cool to see. Plus their tanks had IR (mine didn't), and could hit me through the smoke. That was frustrating.

Unconventional war requires unconventional thought

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 22
- 6/16/2002 11:51:38 AM   
Karnaaj

I suspect that part of the d/l problem is a limited nmber of FTP servers; it's taking me like unto forever. using GetRight, on my #$%^&* dialup. On the other 'pod, the SP2: War of the Worlds mod simply *flashed* down. Wonder if the SPCamo folks would be willing to allow mirrors?

O'course, now I gotta get my hands on an actual SP2 for WotW... that, or convert it to SPWAW...

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 23
- 6/16/2002 12:47:16 PM   
scimitar

Have tried the game. Problems with my soundcard. But the most important is that even if the game seems interrestive, I don't have the same fun of play than with SPWAW...
Definitively waiting for Combat Leader and the modern module(s), guys...[B]definitively[/B]

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 24
- 6/16/2002 3:29:38 PM   
Sardaukar

Hey, Mikimoto :).

I have had fun with SPMBT....strange, but all the gripes I have had with SPWW2 seems to be remedied with SPMBT. So far I'm happy...except we could do better without kev trolling on both message boards :D.

Cheers,

M.S.

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 25
- 6/16/2002 6:08:32 PM   
Mikimoto

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sardaukar
[B]Hey, Mikimoto :).

I have had fun with SPMBT....strange, but all the gripes I have had with SPWW2 seems to be remedied with SPMBT. So far I'm happy...except we could do better without kev trolling on both message boards :D.

Cheers,

M.S. [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey Sardaukar,

Glad you enjoy spmbt without gripes... Me too... Lot of fun... Trolls are unavoidable... when you meet one... that ugly big beasts... hard dirty smell... spicy?:D

Regards
Mikimoto

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 26
- 6/16/2002 7:23:49 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Hmmm weeeell likely Mac is wondering why I would even be checking into it heheh:D

Hey tanks are tanks eh.

If the download numbers are any indication though....3600+ plus downloads is a lot of players.
Cut that in half and you still have a lot of players.

Hmmm......

If only half of that half are Matrix forum people....where the heck are they on a day to day basis?

Mac are you hiding these people on us?

3600 is a lot of people eh.

If as I say we cut that number in half just to eleiminate any possiblity of statistical irregularity, that could mean a lot of sales potential for Combat Leader eventually.

But when I consider I can't recall all that many "Modern" devotees active on Matrix...where are all these fans?

I myself have a copy of the original game ordered through an aftermarket option. I won't resent it if I have bought what amounts to nothing better than a copy of original Steel Panthers 1. Especially if SPMBT is close enough to stand next to SPWaW for level of enhancement

But my real concern is just how many Steel Panthers players are out there that don't call Matrix home?
This is a major sales issue that we should be seriously investigating.

A rebuilt Steel Panthers will always be no better than a rebuilt Steel Panthers 2. We need all those that want SPMBT to eventually sign on with the future of this level of wargaming, that being Combat Leader

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 27
- 6/16/2002 8:05:46 PM   
DoubleDeuce

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Les the Sarge 9-1
[B]If only half of that half are Matrix forum people....where the heck are they on a day to day basis?

But when I consider I can't recall all that many "Modern" devotees active on Matrix...where are all these fans?

But my real concern is just how many Steel Panthers players are out there that don't call Matrix home?
This is a major sales issue that we should be seriously investigating.
[/B][/QUOTE]

I have SP2 and SP3 but have not played them in a while. They are out there, just hard to find. I have tried to get myself back into their mix but it is not easy. Unfortunately it seems that each group has kind of banded together and circled the wagons. I frequently find that they are very loyal to their particular game, sometimes to a fault. I would love to have modern version to play alongside SPWAW. I would love to be able to incorporate it in my multi-plyer campaign system.

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 28
- 6/16/2002 9:20:49 PM   
Mikimoto

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Les the Sarge 9-1
[B]But my real concern is just how many Steel Panthers players are out there that don't call Matrix home?
[/B][/QUOTE]

Les, Truth is out there...:D

Regards
Mikimoto

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 29
- 6/16/2002 9:37:22 PM   
MacCready

I still have not gotten to the download page.

I just tried again,been trying since friday evening ,nothing.

Just get a partial progress bar and then "page not availible error"

I'm not having a problem downloading,I simply can't get to the file at all.

I've watched the counter go from 1372 to now over 3600..

A mirror would be nice,that servers a jalopee.

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> SP:MBT Mouse problem! Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI