Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 6/16/2002 9:50:19 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Mac without his SPMBT that is truely sad......:D

Don't dispair Mac it will open up soon.

If it's any consolation, it is giving me the finger as well.

What's your connection speed?

My speedy DSL line has not proven to be any asset yet either.

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 31
- 6/16/2002 9:57:16 PM   
MacCready

I've got DSL with an incoming data stream of 550,000 kbs.

I planned to play MBT all weekend and here it is sunday and I still can't get it.:mad:

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 32
- 6/16/2002 9:58:44 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

God Talk about a line up, I looked and the downloads went up by like 100 times in just 90 minutes this morning eh.

I didn't have this much trouble with Lord of the Rings or Star Wars Episode 2. Actually I had no trouble with them at all.

Looking like I might have to try at some idiotic hour (like 9 oclock monday morning when you guys should all be at work hehe).

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 33
- 6/16/2002 10:58:53 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Well its a given now that you will only be downloading if you are lucky.

By the end of lunch time here I expect to see the count reach yet another hundred downloads.

Can't imagine what anyone is doing to get access, but it must be something of extreme good timing.

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 34
- 6/16/2002 11:33:46 PM   
MacCready

I feel like the Cammo Workshop is having an SP-MBT convention,with people invited from all over the world.

and the doormen are telling me I'm not on the guest list...:(

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 35
- 6/16/2002 11:51:54 PM   
Lars Remmen

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MacCready
[B]I feel like the Cammo Workshop is having an SP-MBT convention,with people invited from all over the world.

and the doormen are telling me I'm not on the guest list...:( [/B][/QUOTE]

Mac/Les: If you have IRC we can try to do a DCC transfer that way. I've transferred files of that size before with my 128kbit upload.

28878283 if you'd like to try.

Regards,

Lars

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 36
- 6/16/2002 11:52:14 PM   
Fallschirmjager

You can have my copy mac......I cant get it to work.

The SpCammo ppl on their board say that Geforce cards cause big problems and I have Geforces in all my comps :(

I get random lock ups 5-15 min into playing....
They dont have any fixes and so far have told me minor little things I had already done myself.

This sucks for their group because Geforce cards are in most comps these days.

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 37
- 6/16/2002 11:54:38 PM   
Lars Remmen

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fallschirmjager
[B]You can have my copy mac......I cant get it to work.

The SpCammo ppl on their board say that Geforce cards cause big problems and I have Geforces in all my comps :(

I get random lock ups 5-15 min into playing....
They dont have any fixes and so far have told me minor little things I had already done myself.

This sucks for their group because Geforce cards are in most comps these days. [/B][/QUOTE]

Nothing to do with GeForce cards as far as I can see. Im using XP Pro on a Athlon 1333 with a GeForce 3 and it runs perfectly. Haven't done anything with the shortcut, just installed the game.

Hope you can get it to work somehow.

Regards,

Lars

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 38
Re: SP:MBT Mouse problem! - 6/17/2002 12:08:20 AM   
Alby

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gbotto600
[B]I just downloaded and installed SP:MBT and when i play it my mouse moves verrrryyyyyyy ssssllllooowwwllyyy

its hard as hell to do anything!

i have Windows XP Home Edition, on a P4 2ghz computer with 512mb of Ram and a Geforce4 video card

can some1 explain to me(step by step!) how to make my mouse move at a normal speed in SP:MBT!

:( :( :) [/B][/QUOTE]

solution IS wonderfully simple:
just increase the mouse speed in the control panel to maximum.

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 39
- 6/17/2002 12:16:23 AM   
MacCready

I've had those lock up problems with any SP game on my better system

Athlon 1333 Mhz
256 Ram
Geoforce 2 mx400
Win 98SE

Only SPWAW runs on this system without lockups

SP2
SPWW2

SP3
SP3 Online
SP3 Moderna

These programs run on the Amd-k6 233 mhz system
64 ram
VooDoo5 5500
Win 95B

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 40
- 6/17/2002 12:24:38 AM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Oh hell I am going to my workshop and hammer something.

I ain't like 100 an hour, more like 200 an hour.

Played a bit of a Long Campaign against the tommies to get a quick fix (really kicking some butt right now, but I am sure ole mr minefield will wreck that shortly).

I am confident I will get the download eventually.

Actually what I find depressing is the sheer number of people downloading, and wondering, "how many of these guys are players outside the Matrix community".

I hope we are just not missing out on potential market targets somehow. If 10% of these people posted one post a day, god think of the message traffic eh.

Bloody wargamers, we know they are out there, but you can just never find them....to well camouflaged:D .

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 41
- 6/17/2002 12:44:50 AM   
MacCready

I just modified my Isreal,Syria,PLO/PA,Jordan and Egypt KOBs* in SP3 and fired up a quick battle me (Isreal) against Syria in 1999.

Ripped em up pretty quick so I'll give the Syrians 50 percent more to spend on the next one.

*http://members.tripod.com/idf-sp/idfkob.htm

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 42
- 6/17/2002 6:25:41 AM   
gbotto600

@alby: nope :(

PLEASE! someone explain to me how to use that mouse program, explain it step-by-step please!!

help me!

i went to the SPMBT yahoo group and there is nothing about it and i hate that 'Yahoo Groups!" thing they use! :mad: :(

HELP :(

Email/MSN: gbotto600@hotmail.com
AIM: BersaglieriBotto

"This will b

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 43
- 6/17/2002 6:34:12 AM   
young turk

dont use that goofy program i was mentioning.

just open up your control panel, click on the mouse icon, click on pointer options, then set the mouse speed to maximum.

you will have to reset it to a normal speed after you are done with your game though.

btw, are you sure you want to run it on your better machine. if you do, you may have to download a new dos program, configure the command parameters, in order to slow down the machine enuf so that it is playable.

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 44
- 6/17/2002 6:37:00 AM   
gbotto600

nope still doesn't work!

i have a Microsoft Optical Wheel mouse, does that matter?

:( :(

Email/MSN: gbotto600@hotmail.com
AIM: BersaglieriBotto

"This will b

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 45
- 6/17/2002 11:57:03 AM   
ZeroAntipop

I downloaded it. . .doesn't want to work on 2000.

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 46
- 6/17/2002 4:28:07 PM   
young turk

well, i use the same mouse without a problem.

so, what happens when you set the slider to max? on my machine, the mouse pointer moves so fast that you can't really control it in windows. do you have the same effect?

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 47
- 6/18/2002 12:00:06 AM   
Fallschirmjager

[QUOTE]These programs run on the Amd-k6 233 mhz system 64 ram VooDoo5 5500 Win 95B[/QUOTE]

Never before Have I wanted a system that sucked this bad :( :D

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 48
- 6/18/2002 1:46:07 AM   
MacCready

I still use that ole system alot,

Steel Panthers dos programs love it.

Doom2,Duke Nukem 3D,Postal,and other old classics.

Back in the day I paid a pretty penny for the system so I can't see any reason to get rid of it.

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 49
- 6/18/2002 1:47:31 AM   
MacCready

However this whole SP-MBT unable to download thing is getting me abit pissed off after three days.

I expect it will run better on the old system to.

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 50
- 6/18/2002 2:09:24 AM   
Grenadier

Sens a letter to Don Goodbrand at SP Camo. he is the programmer there. Dale Hight would be another suggestiuon. I run SPWW2 on my Win 98 machine just fine

Brent Grenadier Richards

[url=http://

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 51
- 6/18/2002 2:15:01 AM   
Bing

All I can say is: I don't think it is the server as such. I have Charter Cable ISP - mid-day is fairly heavy use, though not as heavy as early evening where I somtimes get a slowdown. During the day its e-mail that can be a bit balky, also we've had some heavy weather in lower Michigan which has knocked out commo in some locatoins.

But I just went to the SPCamo page, clicked on what the user is supposed to click on and within seconds had a download going. Faster than average, too.

I won't be playing SPMBT because for one thing the graphics are just plain godawful - apparently nothing has been done to provide the user with higher than 640 x 480 resolution, thought that went out with high button shoes.

The "sound locator" and auto configure routine is pretty sad. Hasn't changed since DOS - who in the world even knows what Roland sound drivers are these days? Hardly anyone did ten years ago. I could probably configure manually but its not worth it. BCT Commander looks better to me right now, despite lack of icon graphics it has been developed by military professionals - to me that can make a difference.

If that upsets some people, too bad. For free, if the user can get SPMBT to work, I guess we can't complain. Am not complaining - am even more grateful to the WAW team for what they have delivered. My guess is the splinter group lacked the programmers who did the work on WAW.

Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 52
- 6/18/2002 2:24:41 AM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

considering some comments I have seen made, I am really scratching my head wondering why I am trying to download SPMBT.

I guess its the scab thing, just can't help myself right now.

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 53
- 6/18/2002 2:39:13 AM   
Fallschirmjager

Like I said you can both have mine.

I still cant get the **** thing to work.

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 54
- 6/18/2002 2:55:36 AM   
MacCready

Bing:

Why do you think I've been lobbying for the modern version of SPWAW?

SPWAW is far superior to ANY other Steel Panthers game,in every area.

They took the best SP engine (SP3) and stretched and moulded it into

a newer better engine.

I'm not expecting a better game than SPWAW with SP-MBT,

The time frame (1946-2020)is far more interesting to me thats all..

So I have to give it a chance,as It looks like Matrix has definetly turned thier collective backs on Steel Panthers Modern Warfare.

I must say I understand why,I guess I'd like to see Matrix more focused on a few games rather than all these new fangled space titles and what not draining there time,energy and money.

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 55
- 6/18/2002 2:56:51 AM   
Grimm

Logged on Friday early evening and had it downloaded in about 15 minutes on my cable modem. First try.

Played with it some over the weekend. Overall, it doesn't have all the bells and whistles that SPWaW has. I especially miss C&C! Still, its a big improvement over the original SP2 game.

Its what you do
and not what you say
If you're not part of the future
then get out of the way

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 56
- 6/18/2002 3:10:30 AM   
Paul Vebber

Your concerns are noted MaCready!

We have to sell things if we are going to be able to bring you Combat Leader...Space games tend to sell better than historical games, so we are sort of stuck.

We haven't "tuned our back" on an SP:WaW modern, we tried and could not do it in the time we had. IF its a choice between spending time doing a website and promotion for something free or something we hope will help strengthen us (and is still a "wargame" albeit a science fiction based one...). We can't be self-destructive in our zeal to give away stuff. We came as close as we care to come supporting SP:WaW...

Combat Leader has been delayed the last few weeks by my unfortunate need to pay my morgage, and haveing to work pretty hard in my "other job" rather than on CL. Its unfortunate, but the problems of the wargame biz right now and there not being enough sales to support "full time" employment of a design team.

Our time to put toward new games is related to the teams we have. I am not doing anything on the new noble Armada game, it has no impact on CL development, which is slow because of my lack of tiem to spend on it regardless.

I understand your desire for a "SP:WaW-like" modern game. It just takes time. And with little financial incentive right now, I at least have to keep my family afloat as priority 1 to making games. CL development is on a shoestring right now. MC sales have gone to a trickle, and as we have said are keeping our "life support" functions running, but not providing much in the way of forward momentum.

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 57
- 6/18/2002 4:00:08 AM   
MacCready

I'm sorry to hear that the state of affairs regarding turn based tactical warfare is day to day.

What about the possibility of starting a SPMW fund.

People using credit cards would give money to you specifically for SPMW development and support.

Im seeing mega downloading of SPMBT (probably just cause its free)
So I'm thinking that knowing what fine work you do on SPWAW the community should support a project like SPMW.

Here I go again...

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 58
It's worth the effort - 6/18/2002 4:20:01 AM   
Mikimoto

Hi Les,

I think that we steel panthers fans are lucky: we can play spwaw, spww2 and spmbt... You can play all of them, or choose a favourite... They are greatly improved versions of the originals games sp1, sp2 and sp3...
Considering some scornful comments I have seen made, about graphics and interface of spmbt, I really wonder how some guys don`t give it a try... they loose a great wargame.

By the way Les, do you really believe the steel panthers gamers community is only the people at Matrix forum? There are lots of people that play spwaw and spww2 outside this virtual walls...

Regards
Mikimoto

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Les the Sarge 9-1
[B]considering some comments I have seen made, I am really scratching my head wondering why I am trying to download SPMBT.

I guess its the scab thing, just can't help myself right now. [/B][/QUOTE]

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 59
- 6/18/2002 4:30:37 AM   
Paul Vebber

Expecting folks to pay for something is always tougher than giving it away...:D

"By Day to Day" I don;t mean that the completion of CL is questionable day to day, but the the "basic daily operations" of the business (ie the website and the store and other stuff we have to pay for monthly) is covered cost wise, but not enough is left over to finance CL game production in any real way.

The Noble Armada game we are publishing, another company is actually making the game!

Given the amount of money Wargamer sees, it would unlikely be much compared to what would be necessary to allow full-time game development.

Its good to see something draw folks to the wargamer, but I'm personally responsible for 12 of those SP:MBT downloads and have yet to get the game, so at the risk being taken to task for "partisanship" I'll wonder out loud how many of those are really downloads and how many are folks trying to get the game, since a "download" is recorded each time you click the link to the download... We went through a similar thinkg early on and had folks give an email address and name so we could gauge how many individuals downloaded and how many had to download more than once to get it all.

But the gamer in me is interested in giving it a shot...in the interest of supporting the hobby in general, at least give it a try! And when you successfully get it, send [url]www.Wargamer.com[/url] 5 or 10 bucks or so for their trouble bringing it to you.

IT will have to do you until we get Combat Leader: Central Front done. We can at least sell that. We can't accept money or sell SP:MW so there is little point to try to do it. In any case, even if we started today and abandoned CL for it because of some special dispensation to sell SP:WaW modern, it is doubtful you would see it any before early next year anyway...and when you see what CL will offer! It will be worth the wait!

(in reply to gbotto600)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI