Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Close Combat: The Longest Day is Updated

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Close Combat: The Longest Day is Updated Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Close Combat: The Longest Day is Updated - 11/5/2009 3:27:06 AM   
SeanD

A Major new update has made it to the beach!

Matrix Games and Strategy 3 Tactics are pleased to announce the release of the new comprehensive v5.50.07 update for Close Combat: The Longest Day, the newest release in the Close Combat series. This major update comes with dozens of bug fixes, map line of sight tweaks, data file changes for increased historical accuracy of equipment performance, and much more.

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “Close Combat: The Longest Day has earned many well-deserved accolades from gamers and reviewers alike as it recreates the full scope and incredible challenge of the first day of the Allied landings in Normandy. We’re thrilled to continue to support this fantastic game series and Close Combat fans should expect more updates for existing releases as well as additional new releases!”

Close Combat - The Longest Day is a highly enhanced rebuild of the critically acclaimed Close Combat Invasion Normandy, originally developed by Atomic Games. Take command of either the Allied Expeditionary Force or Germany’s Wehrmacht. You will either carry out the world’s largest amphibious invasion to liberate Europe from Nazi occupation or defend Hitler’s Atlantic Wall! From the initial airborne landings to the fight for the beaches and the drive inland towards the D-Day objectives, Close Combat – The Longest Day covers it all.

Close Combat – The Longest Day comes with expanded force pools, support for much larger maps, night battles with simulated flare effects, and more! Also included in this rebuild is are 60+ battles, operations and campaigns including a new enhanced Grand Campaign covering all the beaches and landing areas as well as "classic" CC5 style Grand Campaign available for download!

Get the update here. This update is comprehensive and will bring all previous versions of the game up to 5.50.07.

Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
Post #: 1
RE: Close Combat: The Longest Day is Updated - 11/5/2009 5:07:13 AM   
MattG

Excited as I still play this game regularly...unfortunately the link doesn't seem to work for me.

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 2
RE: Close Combat: The Longest Day is Updated - 11/5/2009 5:10:35 AM   
Tejszd

Thank you! The link is working fine now....

(in reply to MattG)
Post #: 3
RE: Close Combat: The Longest Day is Updated - 11/5/2009 5:14:59 AM   
Q.M

Fantastic news!!  Thanks guys.

Link is fine for me as well.

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 4
RE: Close Combat: The Longest Day is Updated - 11/5/2009 5:50:33 AM   
squadleader_id

Thanks for the update, Guys!
The bug reports reported here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2272333
...they're not fixed for the final patch?  Strange...

< Message edited by squadleader_id -- 11/5/2009 5:51:32 AM >

(in reply to Q.M)
Post #: 5
RE: Close Combat: The Longest Day is Updated - 11/5/2009 6:22:25 AM   
Andrew Williams

Update readme

http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/LongestDay//whatsnew.pdf

(in reply to squadleader_id)
Post #: 6
RE: Close Combat: The Longest Day is Updated - 11/5/2009 8:58:39 AM   
GS_Schimpf

So what did get changed/fixed compared to the beta patch?

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 7
RE: Close Combat: The Longest Day is Updated - 11/5/2009 7:47:57 PM   
berndn

Thanks a lot guys ! 

(in reply to GS_Schimpf)
Post #: 8
RE: Close Combat: The Longest Day is Updated - 11/5/2009 8:36:21 PM   
FeurerKrieg

Great work as always guys. Once current GC gets finished, I'm hoping to fire up another one with the update installed (and my soon to be finished scoring mod!!)

Upper portion used with permission of www.subart.net, copyright John Meeks

(in reply to berndn)
Post #: 9
RE: Close Combat: The Longest Day is Updated - 11/6/2009 1:03:20 AM   
Andrew Williams

quote:

2 or 3 map updates
Elements updated

< Message edited by Andrew Williams -- 11/6/2009 1:16:24 AM >

(in reply to FeurerKrieg)
Post #: 10
RE: Close Combat: The Longest Day is Updated - 11/6/2009 1:18:20 AM   
squadleader_id

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Williams

quote:

2 or 3 map updates

Too bad that those minor bugs/glitches I reported slipped through the cracks again
They were mostly easy data file fixes too...plus maybe 30-60 min work to fix the coding glitches on the Isigny map.
The Large Hedgerow "Block LOS" value has been fixed (thanks, Guys!), but looks like the Panzerschreck maximum range is still set at 250.

Post #: 11
RE: Close Combat: The Longest Day is Updated - 11/6/2009 1:57:30 AM   
kibble

Nice work - and THANKS!

Post #: 12
RE: Close Combat: The Longest Day is Updated - 11/6/2009 6:05:58 PM   
RD Oddball

quote:

ORIGINAL: squadleader_id

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Williams

quote:

2 or 3 map updates

Too bad that those minor bugs/glitches I reported slipped through the cracks again
They were mostly easy data file fixes too...plus maybe 30-60 min work to fix the coding glitches on the Isigny map.
The Large Hedgerow "Block LOS" value has been fixed (thanks, Guys!), but looks like the Panzerschreck maximum range is still set at 250.

Not sure about the data fixes you're referring to.

RE: coding on Isigny map - Setting aside this was a map graciously given to us to use by the Bloody Omaha mod team... I understood the described issue but if it was swapping one element that didn't really apply (wood wall, wood fence or whatever it is now) for another (wreck) I didn't see the point. Especially since the effect on LOS is minimal. Adding an element was not an option we were considering at this late stage in development.

RE: schreck range - this discussion is so old it predates my involvement in CC by years. Probably back to the first time someone played CC1. About the time the wheel was invented and fire was discovered. There is historical data to support every conceivable opinion on the matter so there's no way to objectify it. Gameplay is the larger concern and I think the data design Steve came up with serves the game well and I support it.

Your input and contributions are appreciated and I'm happy we were able to address some of them to your satisfaction. We have a LOT of people to please.

< Message edited by RD_Oddball -- 11/6/2009 6:06:23 PM >

Post #: 13
RE: Close Combat: The Longest Day is Updated - 11/6/2009 11:13:12 PM   
squadleader_id

quote:

ORIGINAL: RD_Oddball

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2272333
Co HQ Gadgets. Those are just simple data fixes.

quote:

RE: coding on Isigny map - Setting aside this was a map graciously given to us to use by the Bloody Omaha mod team... I understood the described issue but if it was swapping one element that didn't really apply (wood wall, wood fence or whatever it is now) for another (wreck) I didn't see the point. Especially since the effect on LOS is minimal. Adding an element was not an option we were considering at this late stage in development.

No need to add an element, Jim. Recoding the boat to wreck or tall wreck like the rest of the boats on that map would do (some are coded as flamable which is acceptable).
As for the wood floors coded as stone floors, minimal impact on gameplay (HE effects) but the artistic impact is more noticable (wood floors turning into stone ruble when crushed).
The coding for equipment, crates etc on this map is pretty erratic too.

quote:

RE: schreck range - this discussion is so old it predates my involvement in CC by years. Probably back to the first time someone played CC1. About the time the wheel was invented and fire was discovered. There is historical data to support every conceivable opinion on the matter so there's no way to objectify it. Gameplay is the larger concern and I think the data design Steve came up with serves the game well and I support it.

Schreck range discussion:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2270067

Jim, the value for Shreck Range Long Heat in CCTLD is 250.
It's 180 in unmodded CC5, 150 in CCWAR.

quote:

Your input and contributions are appreciated and I'm happy we were able to address some of them to your satisfaction. We have a LOT of people to please.

Thanks a lot for your hard work with the fixes, Jim (and The Blood!). The fixes, tweaks and improvements you guys toiled on in CCTLD will please a LOT of CC fans (new and old)...and I personally can't wait too see these fixes applied to CCWAR in the next patch.

(in reply to RD Oddball)
Post #: 14
RE: Close Combat: The Longest Day is Updated - 11/7/2009 6:49:25 PM   
RD Oddball

quote:

ORIGINAL: squadleader_id

quote:

ORIGINAL: RD_Oddball

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2272333
Co HQ Gadgets. Those are just simple data fixes.

Yeah I remember now. Will look into it to see if it's something we can add easily.

quote:

Thanks a lot for your hard work with the fixes, Jim (and The Blood!). The fixes, tweaks and improvements you guys toiled on in CCTLD will please a LOT of CC fans (new and old)...and I personally can't wait too see these fixes applied to CCWAR in the next patch.

I'm looking forward to seeing the updates applied to WaR as well! That's next on the list. I know Andrew has done a considerable amount of work on it already.

Post #: 15
RE: Close Combat: The Longest Day is Updated - 11/12/2009 11:27:50 AM   
nietsche

I think the update is good. Been seeing new things and it is a big advance indeed! Thanks. Now to the next challenge :)

Hard work is a good way to succeed. There is less competition that way...

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 16
RE: Close Combat: The Longest Day is Updated - 12/28/2009 2:13:30 AM   
bob55

What is the difference between "Close Combat Invasion Normandy" and "Close Combat The Longest Day"?

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 17
RE: Close Combat: The Longest Day is Updated - 12/28/2009 2:30:15 PM   
RD Oddball

The Longest Day is a new build with considerable if not massive improvements upon what Invasion Normandy was.

Product details here: http://www.matrixgames.com/products/368/details/Close.Combat:.The.Longest.Day

That list of enhancements are everything that was improved upon over Invasion Normandy. If it's mentioned CCIN didn't have that feature/enhancement.

(in reply to bob55)
Post #: 18
RE: Close Combat: The Longest Day is Updated - 12/28/2009 8:00:32 PM   
Andrew Williams

The first things you would notice are:

Expanded Operational area to include all D-Day Landings areas including Canadian and British.

The addition of the night battles feature.

(in reply to RD Oddball)
Post #: 19
RE: Close Combat: The Longest Day is Updated - 12/29/2009 10:51:46 PM   
bob55

Thank you, I was curious as both options are presented on the start menu.

Post #: 20
RE: Close Combat: The Longest Day is Updated - 12/29/2009 10:58:22 PM   
Andrew Williams

Close Combat: Invasion Normandy is thrown in as a free game along with tLD.

it was originally released in 2000 but has now been significantly upgraded in tLD

There is a mod of Invasion Normandy by Gen-jack incorporating many of the new features.

available Here: http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/LongestDay/tLDmods.html

(in reply to bob55)
Post #: 21
RE: Close Combat: The Longest Day is Updated - 1/13/2010 5:30:26 PM   
advo

patch 5.50.07 includes patchs 5.50.01b and 5.50.03b?
patch 5.50.07 it is possible to establish on version 5.50?

Post #: 22
RE: Close Combat: The Longest Day is Updated - 1/13/2010 11:41:16 PM   
RD Oddball

Correct Advo.

(in reply to advo)
Post #: 23
RE: Close Combat: The Longest Day is Updated - 9/3/2010 10:33:26 PM   
duncan007

Just bought the game today.
I see the readme is 5.50 on april 2009 and there is an update55007 in November 2009 so i guess i have to download the update.
It could be a good idea to clarify what we buy either by writing the right version in the readme (if the game downloaded is the 55007) or by
providing the last version in the download. (the update is 10 Months old now)...

Thanks from your further customers

(in reply to RD Oddball)
Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Close Combat: The Longest Day is Updated Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI