Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Empire of the Rising Lemon? SqzMyLemon (Japan) v Smeulders (Allies)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Empire of the Rising Lemon? SqzMyLemon (Japan) v Smeulders (Allies) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Empire of the Rising Lemon? SqzMyLemon (Japan) v Sm... - 11/12/2009 9:00:00 PM   
SqzMyLemon

Just wondering how this is reading for everyone? I haven't noticed many comments yet. Is it a question of it being early and we are all doing the same things at start, or should I focus less on the battle follow ups and more on strategy, or concentrate more on production and such? Anyways, for those that are following, enjoy!

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 31
RE: Empire of the Rising Lemon? SqzMyLemon (Japan) v Sm... - 11/12/2009 9:01:14 PM   
Mike Solli

This is great stuff!  Check out post #29.

Created by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 32
RE: Empire of the Rising Lemon? SqzMyLemon (Japan) v Sm... - 11/12/2009 11:06:40 PM   
Deathtreader

quote:

ORIGINAL: SqzMyLemon

Just wondering how this is reading for everyone? I haven't noticed many comments yet. Is it a question of it being early and we are all doing the same things at start, or should I focus less on the battle follow ups and more on strategy, or concentrate more on production and such? Anyways, for those that are following, enjoy!

Reads just fine!! A great AAR......

So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Hmmmm... big place ain't it??
- Sir Harry Flashman (1854)

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 33
RE: Empire of the Rising Lemon? SqzMyLemon (Japan) v Sm... - 11/13/2009 3:15:09 AM   
Ghertz

I find this interesting because I'm new to AE, played with WITP only a little.  Before I committed to a PBEM game, I want to have a better understanding of what I need to do.

(in reply to Deathtreader)
Post #: 34
RE: Empire of the Rising Lemon? SqzMyLemon (Japan) v Sm... - 11/13/2009 3:35:41 AM   
ny59giants

quote:

It all depends on your writing style. I find myself not reading AARs that contain a lot of just combat reports. At times, they are needed. However, I like those that get into more what they are doing and why. It might be that since I am a mental health counselor, I like to see what the motivation is behind a decision. AE is still relatively new and many players are following a more traditional and historical expansion by the Japanese player.

I'm waiting for patch 2 and a particular mod to go out before I jump into the deep end of the pool. I would recommend installing AE Tracker to assist in managing the Japanese economy. I found it a must to get me to play Japan.

(in reply to Ghertz)
Post #: 35
RE: Empire of the Rising Lemon? SqzMyLemon (Japan) v Sm... - 11/14/2009 5:32:30 PM   
SqzMyLemon

Update:

Just a couple of screenshots. Overall, not much happened this turn other than a costly error on my part at Singkawang causing the annilhilation of my assualt force of 804 troops and 2 xAK transports with a third one to follow this turn. The assault troops have landing at Kuantan, but I have a bad feelilng there too, have to see what happens next turn to get an idea of how bad it may be. I'm surprised at how slow the going is in Malaya, I worry that my Northern forces may not reach Kuantan anytime soon and my invasion force will get creamed. I plan on risking the men and ship losses to divert as many available reinforcements to Kuantan, it must hold!

I'm not impressed with the results from my airforce at all. I'll post a screen shot next update but the Allies are suffering less air losses. The Nates and Oscars are not getting kills. Lots of damaging of Allied fighters and bombers, but even recorded critical hits are not bringing them down...sigh. Zero's have not been impressive either so far.

Luzon and the South China sea were quiet, calm before the storm? My anti-submarine efforts have not been good in this area, but he's been holding his subs back.

Off to run turn 7. I expect a lot to start happening now.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by SqzMyLemon -- 11/14/2009 5:33:10 PM >

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 36
RE: Empire of the Rising Lemon? SqzMyLemon (Japan) v Sm... - 11/14/2009 5:37:05 PM   
SqzMyLemon

Kuantan:

Vildebeest III naval air attack result at Kuantan. I'm thinking I lost a huge amount of troops on the ships sunk. For those that say the British and Dutch air force's do not amount to much early, I beg to differ. They've been scoring hits on my ships and they are holding out fine against my Nates and Oscars. Zero's are inbound so I hope to turn that around, fast!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 37
RE: Empire of the Rising Lemon? SqzMyLemon (Japan) v Sm... - 11/15/2009 3:23:30 AM   
Frandoxxx

As a newbie myself, really enjoying this, keep it up!

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 38
RE: Empire of the Rising Lemon? SqzMyLemon (Japan) v Sm... - 11/15/2009 8:42:21 PM   
SqzMyLemon

Update:

Things are starting to happen now. Wake Island has fallen to Imperial Forces. A much better day in the air for Japanese forces as well and I'm hoping that will be a trend now that Zero squadrons are in better postion to intercept his bombing raids. The convoy situation is improving as I get my merchant TF's sorted out, a steady stream of Resources and Oil are homeward bound now.

Strategy wise:

Luzon: Troops heading to Manila and a large number of reinforcements will be inbound shortly.

Malaya:: Advancing towards objectives, new fighter squandrons in postion to inflict casualties on any incoming air raids.

China: Troops are being repositioned to march on objectives, I've lost a battle to overwhelming Chinese numbers at Ichang. Screenshots next update and the Chinese strategy explained.

Overall I'm looking at isolating the Phillipines and the final buildup to take Luzon, Davao is a prime target now as well. Reinforcing Malaya as quickly as possible. Something is fishy to me as far as the Allied dispostions in Malaya, looks like a forward defence, so I want more troops there ASAP.

Here's the Intelligence Report update:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Frandoxxx)
Post #: 39
RE: Empire of the Rising Lemon? SqzMyLemon (Japan) v Sm... - 11/15/2009 8:42:55 PM   
SqzMyLemon

Aircraft Production:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 40
RE: Empire of the Rising Lemon? SqzMyLemon (Japan) v Sm... - 11/15/2009 8:43:33 PM   
SqzMyLemon

Luzon:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 41
RE: Empire of the Rising Lemon? SqzMyLemon (Japan) v Sm... - 11/15/2009 8:44:09 PM   
SqzMyLemon

Celebes Sea:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 42
RE: Empire of the Rising Lemon? SqzMyLemon (Japan) v Sm... - 11/15/2009 8:44:40 PM   
SqzMyLemon

Malaya:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 43
RE: Empire of the Rising Lemon? SqzMyLemon (Japan) v Sm... - 11/16/2009 1:05:52 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

Aircraft Production:

You may want to consider increasing your Ha-32 engine production as these are used for the Sally and Betty.

Use the draw supply button to suck supply to Maebashi (where the A6M2 is produced). Also, send more ground troops there. That'll pull supply there so you can repair the airframe factory.

< Message edited by Mike Solli -- 11/16/2009 1:06:36 PM >

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 44
RE: Empire of the Rising Lemon? SqzMyLemon (Japan) v Sm... - 11/16/2009 4:16:48 PM   
Q-Ball

Smeulders, keep it up, like the format, your maps are very good and informative.

Listen to Major Mike on airplane production.

Here is another for the gallery, I am a recent convert to this: What about halting Musashi?
(I am particularly interested to hear what Major Mike thinks on this)

If you halt her, you can get Taiho in early 1943. If I had to pick a ship, I would pick Taiho; more valuable than Musashi.

I will say that surface combattants, as a whole, are more important in AE. But I would take a CV instead.

It breaks my heart to say that, because the COOL factor of the Yamatos is undeniable.

I would re-start Musashi in 1943 at some point. This also assumes you have halted SHINANO, which should be S.O.P for any Japanese player. That means that Musashi will be available in early 1944 or so, in time for your final battle.

< Message edited by Q-Ball -- 11/16/2009 4:26:26 PM >

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 45
RE: Empire of the Rising Lemon? SqzMyLemon (Japan) v Sm... - 11/16/2009 4:56:48 PM   
Mike Solli

Q-Ball, I'll comment in my AAR.

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 46
RE: Empire of the Rising Lemon? SqzMyLemon (Japan) v Sm... - 11/16/2009 5:13:21 PM   
Q-Ball

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

Q-Ball, I'll comment in my AAR.

OK, update it then! You're going to fall off the first page if you don't get crackin!

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 47
RE: Empire of the Rising Lemon? SqzMyLemon (Japan) v Sm... - 11/16/2009 7:28:12 PM   
bspeer

Lemon, this noob much appreciates your graphics with comments.  I am still coming to grips with playing Japan, the side I prefer.

Thanks!

bs

"That’s impossible! The Americans only know how to make razor blades." Hermann Göring

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 48
RE: Empire of the Rising Lemon? SqzMyLemon (Japan) v Sm... - 11/16/2009 9:27:25 PM   
scott64

How are you making your pictures?

Lucky for you, tonight it's just me

Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !! :)

http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/

(in reply to bspeer)
Post #: 49
RE: Empire of the Rising Lemon? SqzMyLemon (Japan) v Sm... - 11/17/2009 12:39:32 AM   
SqzMyLemon

Mike Solli: Thanks, no supply at Maebashi was the problem. I've made sure I look at each production centre now to make sure of adequate supply.

Q-ball: Thanks for the input! I'll start looking at ships to accelerate or halt soon. Pssst, by the way...I'm SqzMyLemon.

scott1964:

1. I take a screen shot from the game, on my system (fn + prt sc keys) then paste to mspaint.
2. Save as a bmp file, then convert this to a pdf.
3. I edit the pdf in adobe, adding text and arrows and such and save it.
4. Then I take a screenshot of the pdf file.
5. Paste in mspaint again and I cut the image to size and save as a jpeg.
6. Then I add the images to the thread.
7. I know this seems like a long drawn out process, but I don't have software that can convert a pdf to a jpeg so I do it this way. I don't know of any other way to be honest. The only bad thing about this process is it causes blurring of my screenshots, so they are not as sharp as they could be. Hope this helps.

Thanks everyone for following, the comments are greatly appreciated!

(in reply to scott64)
Post #: 50
RE: Empire of the Rising Lemon? SqzMyLemon (Japan) v Sm... - 11/21/2009 5:40:36 AM   
SqzMyLemon

Update:

Here's a few screenshots with updates of what's happened lately, or about to happen. I also said I would go over China a bit with this update, so here it is.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 51
RE: Empire of the Rising Lemon? SqzMyLemon (Japan) v Sm... - 11/21/2009 5:42:18 AM   
SqzMyLemon

Central China:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 52
RE: Empire of the Rising Lemon? SqzMyLemon (Japan) v Sm... - 11/21/2009 5:42:44 AM   
SqzMyLemon

South China:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 53
RE: Empire of the Rising Lemon? SqzMyLemon (Japan) v Sm... - 11/21/2009 5:43:22 AM   
SqzMyLemon

Malaya:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 54
RE: Empire of the Rising Lemon? SqzMyLemon (Japan) v Sm... - 11/21/2009 5:43:54 AM   
SqzMyLemon

Celebes Sea:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 55
RE: Empire of the Rising Lemon? SqzMyLemon (Japan) v Sm... - 11/21/2009 5:44:31 AM   
SqzMyLemon

Top Secret:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 56
RE: Empire of the Rising Lemon? SqzMyLemon (Japan) v Sm... - 11/21/2009 5:45:16 AM   
SqzMyLemon

Aircraft Production Figures:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 57
RE: Empire of the Rising Lemon? SqzMyLemon (Japan) v Sm... - 11/21/2009 5:46:11 AM   
SqzMyLemon

Aircraft Production 2:

Hope you enjoyed the updates!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 58
RE: Empire of the Rising Lemon? SqzMyLemon (Japan) v Sm... - 11/21/2009 2:48:31 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

Update:

Here's a few screenshots with updates of what's happened lately, or about to happen. I also said I would go over China a bit with this update, so here it is.

Lemon, these screenshots are wonderful!

Some comment on China. When planning for operations in China, keep in mind that you have many HQs there. Each one can (possibly) be used offensively. Some of the HQs have no troops capable of offensive action (RGC and NCPC armies). They make great garrison forces. You mentioned the Mongol Garrison Army. That army has over 600 assault value of units with experience and morale between 55 and 80. That makes a nice little attack force. This gives you greater flexibility for offensives with an additional HQ.

Also note that two of the HQs are command HQ, meaning they command Army HQs. These are the North China Area Army and the Chinese Expeditionary Army HQs. Prepping them for a target that an army in their command is prepping for will increase the capability for that army. Here's how it breaks down:

North China Area Army
1 Army
12 Army
Mongol Garrison Army
NCPC Army

China Expeditionary Army
11 Army
13 Army
23 Army
RGC Army
China Area Fleet

Note that the combat units attached directly to the NCAA and CEA receive additional combat value only from those HQs, which really makes them less capable, in a sense. Unless you use all of those units together, some may not gain any combat multipliers from HQ prepping. By reassigning them to army HQs, you can increase their combat multipliers but then their flexibility suffers. Also, that takes precious PPs. Quite the problem.

One last recommendation. If you use some of the more capable formations for garrisons (which is likely), use them from the NCAA or CEA HQs. This keeps your offensive armies intact to concentrate the combat power that will gain the most from prepping HQs (the army HQ and it's respective command HQ).

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 59
RE: Empire of the Rising Lemon? SqzMyLemon (Japan) v Sm... - 11/21/2009 10:24:00 PM   
SqzMyLemon

Mike,

You read my mind! All units are prepping for their primary objectives and the HQ's are enroute to join their respective commands, prepping for the same primary objectives as well. The command HQ's are also prepping as well for what I figure will be the tougher nuts to crack, Changsha and Ichang. I'm happy with the commanders of current Army commands, I'm going to start looking at individual unit leaders next go around.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Empire of the Rising Lemon? SqzMyLemon (Japan) v Smeulders (Allies) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI