Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Version Check and other lock up issues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Version Check and other lock up issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Version Check and other lock up issues - 6/25/2002 3:17:01 AM   
ron1234

I applied all the patches to both the lost victories mega campaign and spww ver7.1. The version shows as updated on SPWW (7.1) but when I launch LVMC it still says I have version 1.0 even after installing the 2 patches. This should read ver 1.2 if they took. Am I missing something? Is it more complicated than extracting the zip file to the lost victories folder in mega campaings?

I was also experiencing "lock ups" concerning "waiting for players to sync" in the LVMC, and after playing all the way to "Polapov Strikes" Malin, I get "Error: Unable to load data". I want to make sure the patches are applied correctly, since this was a lot of time and work to lose it all again.

Will these patches correct the missing data crash and the play sync lock-ups?

Thanks for the support,

Ron
Post #: 1
- 6/25/2002 4:26:24 AM   
Supervisor

The MegaCampaign version will not change when updated, they'll always say 1.0. The waiting to sync issue was resolved in the 7.1 SPWAW upgrade, so if your page says 7.1 you shouldn't have this problem. As for the MCLV lock ups, I show 740 files in the MatrixGames\SPWAW\MegaCam\Lost Victories folder that are dated newer than 1\1\2002. Look at the file dates in this folder and you should have a bunch of these files with fairly new dates to them. If all your files in this folder are dated prior to about 12/01/2001 than the patches weren't applied properly. As for the Unable to load data this could be the result of a corrupted save file. Which is unreversable, if the patches haven't been applied properly than this might be saveable. FYI there is one last LV patch in the works and hopefully will be released within the next 2 weeks. The current node your in is not under repair so the problem lies elsewhere.

(in reply to ron1234)
Post #: 2
- 6/25/2002 6:39:12 AM   
rbrunsman

Ron:

Last night I got the same message you did at Potapov Strikes, "Error, unable to load data." I ran all the updates for both SPWAW and MCLV like you did. I hope it is just a corrupted save game but the coincidence seems like there may be something more to it. I had just backed-up an hour before, so I hope I only lost 1 hour's "work" and not the months I've put into it.

Let me know if you didn't backup and you would like me to email my backup to you.

gemenfan, what causes corrupted save games? I want to avoid them in the future!

(in reply to ron1234)
Post #: 3
- 6/25/2002 9:01:55 AM   
Supervisor

Here is one cause (if this is the error your seeing), but I can't guarentee this is what your experiencing.
This "OOB data not found" thingy actually has nothing to do with any OOB files! Usually it is caused either by a missing or corrupted *.cam in the "Save" folder.

Missing *.cam files is usually be caused by not letting the MC engine do his "Autosave" job, meaning...exit out of the game without confirming "autosave" or any crash to desktop.
Same goes for corrupted *.cam file although it also was formerly be caused by the core.dat issue that is fixed for patch #1.

Give the game a chance to save the campaign fully before doing anything else with the game maybe 10 full seconds will ensure that all the data is written to the disk, even its it says it's done I bet the HD light is still blinking.

(in reply to ron1234)
Post #: 4
- 6/25/2002 11:51:49 AM   
rbrunsman

Thanks. I'd seen all the warnings about this in the Forum but I never thought it would happen to me. I should have known better. I'll replay from my backup and hope that all will be well.

(in reply to ron1234)
Post #: 5
- 6/25/2002 11:44:12 PM   
rbrunsman

It worked! Well, not on the first try, but with a little cutting and pasting of backups I got it to work. I'm not sure what I did, but don't give up if you have this problem.

Lesson Learned:
Backup. Backup. Backup.

(in reply to ron1234)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Version Check and other lock up issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI