Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: When will we see a new CC?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> RE: When will we see a new CC? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: When will we see a new CC? - 2/3/2010 10:01:14 AM   
CSO_Talorgan

quote:

ORIGINAL: goodfoot

I guess maybe the game would just be too gargantuan huh?

Yes

Don't get me wrong, I too worship at the alter of a better developed stratmap and more comprehensive campaigns, and I have no wish to dampen your enthusiasm, but refighting the whole of WW II in Close Combat would probably need more than one human lifetime.

quote:

But I think hardcore lovers of CC would like a comprehensive, drawn-out tactical slugfest with the Germans (of the Allies of course).

Yes

Somewhere between what we already have and the whole of WW II would do just nicely.

(in reply to goodfoot)
Post #: 31
RE: When will we see a new CC? - 2/4/2010 5:42:14 AM   
goodfoot

Well, I hope something like that happens. I wish I'd just get the time and inclination to learn how to create a mod with new maps, etc and just put the whole thing together. Because the way I see it, the CC game engine, the various weapons, etc, are just fine with me. I wouldn't change a thing. I'd just like to add the additional maps, the time aspect, etc. and then just get to the game itself. I know this is a gross oversimplification but oh well, dare to dream...

(in reply to CSO_Talorgan)
Post #: 32
RE: When will we see a new CC? - 2/8/2010 2:22:56 AM   
gunny

quote:

Well, I hope something like that happens. I wish I'd just get the time and inclination to learn how to create a mod with new maps, etc and just put the whole thing together. Because the way I see it, the CC game engine, the various weapons, etc, are just fine with me. I wouldn't change a thing. I'd just like to add the additional maps, the time aspect, etc. and then just get to the game itself. I know this is a gross oversimplification but oh well, dare to dream...

I respect that and hope you get more of what you like in the series considering its been here for 13 years already.

I just feel like somewhere along the line we missed out on an upgraded engine somewhere and went straight into Combat mission Panzer command virtual 3D land. Spoiled on eye candy and special FX, although I did return to CCTLD. I caught myself a few times operating the scroll wheel LOL trying to zoom in for a closer look.

(in reply to goodfoot)
Post #: 33
RE: When will we see a new CC? - 2/16/2010 8:32:29 PM   
CSO_Talorgan

quote:

... dare to dream ...

Yes

(in reply to goodfoot)
Post #: 34
RE: When will we see a new CC? - 2/24/2010 9:51:14 AM   
wodin

I love the CC series have all the originals bought at time of release.

The only other game Ive played that is RTS and as easy to play and feels right is the demo to Achtung Panzer Kharkov '43.

It comes out on Friday and at £12 for the download its well worth shelling out.

I cant handle any other RTS games except CC and this demo.

Post #: 35
RE: When will we see a new CC? - 2/26/2010 4:12:57 AM   
LitFuel

I just would like a yes or no answer if a CC2 re-do is coming this year or not...it is my favorite of the bunch and the only one I was really looking to see again all polished up but of course it's the only one not out.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 36
RE: When will we see a new CC? - 3/4/2010 10:34:24 AM   
wodin

CC2 was my favourite aswell. It was the first one I bought.

(in reply to LitFuel)
Post #: 37
RE: When will we see a new CC? - 3/20/2010 4:04:43 PM   
inquisiteur

This serie is getting milked really hard by matrixgrames. I have bought about 4 CC games, and everytime its about revisiting the code of the game.

When I asked when graphics will be finally updated the answer is always the same: "That's the job of modders". Well, I don't know if anyone is noticing this, but the more we have re-heated versions of CC, the less people tend to bother themselves building mods.

this game has been released 6 months ago and I am stuck with the vanilla version where 6 soldiers per unit and horrible graphics, and its gonna be the same story for every next release.

I say matrixgames should hire a part time polyvalent 3d modeler/animator to make some decent 3 d graphics for buildings and soldiers, and the map should stay 2d but with a nice map instead of the VGA esque scenery we have on and on since 10 years. Or maybe not even 3d for units, but something like the first blitzkrieg game (I am speakinhg about the sprites only), just better sprites. Some tanks look more like a patchwork of pixels than anything else.

The only minor noticable change in the map was in cross Iron, but at my dismay this progress stopped right away with the next releases.

New = new graphics + a game we don't have to install a mod to enjoy it. The gameplay is almost perfect, what we need is NEW stuff on every aspect of the game (New campaign style, mutliplayer with more than 2 sides, game interface improvement (visually and ergonomy), etc...)

< Message edited by inquisiteur -- 3/20/2010 4:08:54 PM >

(in reply to goodfoot)
Post #: 38
RE: When will we see a new CC? - 3/21/2010 11:26:06 PM   
CSO_Talorgan

quote:

ORIGINAL: inquisiteur

This serie is getting milked really hard by matrixgrames.

Hmmm. Don't you mean Destineer? Matrix are just publishers doing their job.

quote:

its about revisiting the code of the game.

... so that CC VI is perfect

quote:

polyvalent 3d modeler/animator to make some decent 3 d graphics for buildings and soldiers, and the map should stay 2d

Out of interest, have you tried this?

Finding the perfect terrain manager is like looking for the holy grail.

quote:

The gameplay is almost perfect, what we need is NEW stuff on every aspect of the game (New campaign style, mutliplayer with more than 2 sides, game interface improvement

Have faith!

:)

(in reply to inquisiteur)
Post #: 39
RE: When will we see a new CC? - 5/9/2010 5:25:02 PM   
Bevington

Does anyone know if there is definite plans to remake Close Combat: A Bridge Too Far?

Post #: 40
RE: When will we see a new CC? - 5/10/2010 11:52:53 PM   
LitFuel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bevington

Does anyone know if there is definite plans to remake Close Combat: A Bridge Too Far?

See this thread: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2413368

Just waiting for an update...sounds like they are working on it. Hopefully we'll hear something more soon.

(in reply to Bevington)
Post #: 41
RE: When will we see a new CC? - 5/18/2010 4:50:38 AM   
Southernland

quote:

This serie is getting milked really hard by matrixgrames. I have bought about 4 CC games, and everytime its about revisiting the code of the game.

It's only getting milked if you and others buy it. If aint no one buying, the milk stays in the dah cow

quote:

When I asked when graphics will be finally updated the answer is always the same: "That's the job of modders". Well, I don't know if anyone is noticing this, but the more we have re-heated versions of CC, the less people tend to bother themselves building mods.

this game has been released 6 months ago and I am stuck with the vanilla version where 6 soldiers per unit and horrible graphics, and its gonna be the same story for every next release.

Yeah but surely thats an issue for the community. If mods are wanted mod away.

quote:

I say matrixgames should hire a part time polyvalent 3d modeler/animator to make some decent 3 d graphics for buildings and soldiers, and the map should stay 2d but with a nice map instead of the VGA esque scenery we have on and on since 10 years. Or maybe not even 3d for units, but something like the first blitzkrieg game (I am speakinhg about the sprites only), just better sprites. Some tanks look more like a patchwork of pixels than anything else.

Buildings with a slight 3d aspect to them can be hard to set on a map. If they're designed to run say north south and your road runs at 30 degrees you have to rotate them and that screws with the walls so you would require a minimum of 12 (probably more) renderings of each building during map creation.

Remember also you're stuck with a set and very limited number of pixels for a vehicle graphic and for a smaller vehicle like an armoured car that might be as few as 500 pixels (50x10) and with the Cc engine there is no 3dmodeling so those are all you have short of rebuilding the scale as several mods have done.

quote:

The only minor noticable change in the map was in cross Iron, but at my dismay this progress stopped right away with the next releases.

I did a bunch of new maps for COI, quite a few for WaR and about 12 for tLD. There were a few alterations for COI based on the fact that I didn't have access to many of the original textures and I draw differently to the original artists. Theortetically COI, WaR and tLD were largely supposed to be rereleases so we kept the same styles where ever possible to the original cc4 and cc5 to acheive a blend of old and new maps.

(in reply to inquisiteur)
Post #: 42
RE: When will we see a new CC? - 5/26/2010 7:59:49 PM   
Echo5Joker

While we're on the subject of things we'd like to see, I have a couple of things I'd like to see in the next CC.

1.  I'd like to have the option to pick units out of a battle group's table of organization.  Right now, if you take a unit out of your line-up, it is gone, along with its stats, medals, etc.  It's also more realistic - a commander only has on hand a certain number of particular units, and has to pick and choose which ones to send into certain situation. 

2.  With the ever-increasing size of maps, perhaps in the next version HQ units could be integrated, perhaps as a 4th platoon, that would give the player expanded abilities or capabilities, eg intelligence units that could display MCOOs, supply units that will enable your units to carry more ammo or resupply, comm units that will ensure your troops do what you want them to do, etc.

3.  An expanded library of sounds and weapons data would be good too.  For example, having the speech files in most common languages and important dialects.  I would love to see CC expand into other theaters, such as Asia, Africa, the Middle East, and other conflicts as well.  I know the modding community has already created a multitude of top-notch mods, and usually the only short-falls are the voice files and the weapons graphics.  Most modders just don't have the production value for those things that the developers are capable of, and I think that's the last real piece of the modding puzzle before the mods become indistinguishable from the "real" games.

4.  Last, for now, I think it would be awesome if they merged the campaign systems from CC3 and CC5.  Have the strat map move battlegroups, and then have the battlegroups fight back and forth across contiguous maps, say 3-5 per area on the strat map.  Or, use the "long" maps like in CCM, which were several smaller maps "stitched" together into one long map.

Just thoughts from a long-time (from CC1) CC fan.

J

(in reply to Southernland)
Post #: 43
RE: When will we see a new CC? - 5/26/2010 10:11:53 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi guys,

We have a couple of updates coming soon for Wacht am Rhein and The Longest Day. We are also getting very close on the next major release, which should be to CC2 what The Longest Day was to CC5. More details will be coming within a month.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Echo5Joker)
Post #: 44
RE: When will we see a new CC? - 5/26/2010 11:12:45 PM   
Dundradal

Erik,

Thanks for the update! It's good to know things are still moving.

Do you have any news on Cross of Iron or MMCC3? Or does someone else handle those products?

Again thanks!

And a New Englander to boot! I'm from NH myself.

< Message edited by Dundradal -- 5/26/2010 11:15:06 PM >

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 45
RE: When will we see a new CC? - 5/27/2010 4:05:12 AM   
FeurerKrieg

quote:

next major release, which should be to CC2 what The Longest Day was to CC5

Yay!!!

Upper portion used with permission of www.subart.net, copyright John Meeks

(in reply to Dundradal)
Post #: 46
RE: When will we see a new CC? - 5/30/2010 4:05:50 PM   
CSO_Talorgan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

We are also getting very close on the next major release, which should be to CC2 what The Longest Day was to CC5. More details will be coming within a month.

Excellent!

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 47
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> RE: When will we see a new CC? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI