Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Transfer PP

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> Transfer PP Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Transfer PP - 12/13/2009 1:24:48 AM   
Razz1

I have read three times about people transfering PP's to their allies.

How do you do this?
Post #: 1
RE: Transfer PP - 12/13/2009 1:43:22 AM   
Manalishi

PPs can be transferred by using Sea Transport Points on a one-for-one basis. Each STP can carry one PP.

To do this, first check to see how many STPs the transferring nation has. If they have none, you may buy some. Then open the Fleet Map and select Convoys. In the Convoy dialogue, select New Convoy. This will close the Convoy dialogue back to the Fleet Map. Now you must select an Originating Port and a Destination Port. Once this is done, reopen the Convoy dialogue. You should now see your convoy in the list. Select it and then select Change Type. There are only two types - supply and resource. Click the slider to set the amount of PP you want to transfer, which is limited by the number of STPs you have to carry them. If you only have 10 STP, dont make a convoy to carry 12 PP... it wont work.

That is how it is done. You will notice that landlocked nations may not perform these transfers.

Hope this helps.

<M>

Obstacles are what you see when you take your eye off the goal.

(in reply to Razz1)
Post #: 2
RE: Transfer PP - 12/13/2009 4:22:18 AM   
AH4Ever

quote:

To do this, first check to see how many STPs the transferring nation has. If they have none, you may buy some. Then open the Fleet Map and select Convoys. In the Convoy dialogue, select New Convoy. This will close the Convoy dialogue back to the Fleet Map. Now you must select an Originating Port and a Destination Port. Once this is done, reopen the Convoy dialogue. You should now see your convoy in the list. Select it and then select Change Type. There are only two types - supply and resource. Click the slider to set the amount of PP you want to transfer, which is limited by the number of STPs you have to carry them. If you only have 10 STP, dont make a convoy to carry 12 PP... it wont work.

That is how it is done. You will notice that landlocked nations may not perform these transfers.

Above is an excellent explanation of the game's official procedure. Then there is the F11 feature which is a programmer's cheat that was left in at the request of the community. F11 opens a drop down box that allows you to change a countries player status (AI or Human) and the amount of PP's it has. Player's use it to simulate resource transfers over land. The PBEM crowd usually agrees to a House Rule limiting transfers to 5% of your accumulated PP's per turn.

JJMC

The next best thing to being clever is being able to quote someone who is.

You weren't there Thursday... You MISSED it!

(in reply to Razz1)
Post #: 3
RE: Transfer PP - 12/14/2009 5:08:31 AM   
Mike Parker

AH4Ever is exactly right.

the 5% rule is what we use.. well actually we say for every group of 20pp your nation has at the beginning of a turn you may transfer 1 pp.  If there is any portion of 20 your allowed to transfer 1 also.

So if you have 140 pp in the nose, you can transfer 7pp, if you have 141 you can xfer 8.  if you have 11 pp you can transfer 1.  This allows slightly more than 5% but its very very close, and easier to glance and know how much you can send.

(in reply to AH4Ever)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> Transfer PP Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI