Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: The 1960's re-visited

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Graphics Related >> RE: The 1960's re-visited Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The 1960's re-visited - 2/14/2010 3:01:51 PM   
Argyle1968

Baltimore Memorial Stadium

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Argyle1968)
Post #: 61
RE: The 1960's re-visited - 2/14/2010 3:02:16 PM   
Argyle1968

Baltimore

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Argyle1968)
Post #: 62
RE: The 1960's re-visited - 2/14/2010 5:46:25 PM   
Argyle1968

Orange Bowl, Miami, Florida.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Argyle1968)
Post #: 63
RE: The 1960's re-visited - 2/14/2010 5:46:52 PM   
Argyle1968

Orange Bowl

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Argyle1968)
Post #: 64
RE: The 1960's re-visited - 2/15/2010 12:32:05 AM   
Argyle1968

Cotton Bowl, Dallas, Texas

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Argyle1968)
Post #: 65
RE: The 1960's re-visited - 2/15/2010 12:32:46 AM   
Argyle1968

Cotton Bowl

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Argyle1968)
Post #: 66
RE: The 1960's re-visited - 2/15/2010 3:12:40 PM   
mudrick

Are these excellent stadiums available for DL anywhere?

(in reply to Argyle1968)
Post #: 67
RE: The 1960's re-visited - 2/15/2010 11:54:24 PM   
Argyle1968

I'll upload the stadiums I've modified here in this post, as time permits:

Balboa Stadium  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XNKGV100

Harvard Stadium  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F4O6WUCA

Yankee Stadium  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3B8ESFOH

Kezar Stadium http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RLRAGDU8

Baltimore Memorial Stadium http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SN0TLGOS

Orange Bowl http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XQP3AA4W

Cotton Bowl http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UTDJG01S

< Message edited by Argyle1968 -- 2/16/2010 12:19:20 AM >

(in reply to mudrick)
Post #: 68
RE: The 1960's re-visited - 2/16/2010 1:52:13 AM   
mudrick

Hmmm.....every time I put in the letters and then hit the link........it sends me back to the code again.

(in reply to Argyle1968)
Post #: 69
RE: The 1960's re-visited - 2/16/2010 12:44:12 PM   
Argyle1968

quote:

ORIGINAL: mudrick

Hmmm.....every time I put in the letters and then hit the link........it sends me back to the code again.

Works for me. I don't have any other place to upload, as FBMAX doesn't appear to be accepting uploads anymore.

(in reply to mudrick)
Post #: 70
RE: The 1960's re-visited - 2/16/2010 12:45:09 PM   
Argyle1968

Lambeau Field, Green Bay.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Argyle1968)
Post #: 71
RE: The 1960's re-visited - 2/16/2010 12:45:41 PM   
Argyle1968

Lambeau.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Argyle1968)
Post #: 72
RE: The 1960's re-visited - 2/16/2010 3:33:10 PM   
Argyle1968

OK, I was mistaken about FBMAX., I have uploaded the stadiums there, in the unsorted files area. Look for files with today's date. As of now there are seven stadiums. Will upload others as I finish them.

(in reply to Argyle1968)
Post #: 73
RE: The 1960's re-visited - 2/16/2010 5:10:46 PM   
Mykal

Well theirs no wonder you have nowhere to post them is their really,
you rip off others work all over the place and pay no credit to those who went before you

and your still doing it, you pay credit to local8h for the stadium base
yet "your" stadiums still contain graphics that are mine, even local8h would tell you they were mine

Yet you still refuse any credit to me, which is kinda like when you ripped off my baseball diamond
I dont mind others using what I made or even altering what I made to suit their own need.... but I do mind when they claim they made it 100% on their own, then spit their dummy out because I said something.

You Sir are a total fraud.

(in reply to Argyle1968)
Post #: 74
RE: The 1960's re-visited - 2/16/2010 6:49:33 PM   
Argyle1968

Well, then it's unfortunate that you didn't insist on his documenting whatever you blindly claim to have created in his Coliseum file. I think anyone would assume that Local8h created the stadium from scratch, since it wasn't a default stadium and had no readme file.

Let's get something straight here and now--the ONLY thing you created that I have knowingly or would knowingly use is the .X file for the mesh overlay used on Memorial and Yankee Stadiums, and as I recall when you sent it you told me to "have fun with it". You had no part in creating the graphics themselves. Yours was a very rough attempt, and you admitted it on a public forum. OTOH, mine were taken from actual scaled diagrams unique to each ballpark, meticulously measured, masked, placed and textured, each unique and featuring characteristic foul lines, warning tracks, on deck circles, and overlayed end zone graphics. You did NONE of that. In my text file, I credited you with creation of the X file. But you have no right to claim that you or anyone else did my graphics work on those ballfield meshes. That's bullshit. All the prima donna namecalling in the world isn't going to change that.

Anyone with eyes can compare the BMPs and see that they are distinct. Position, texture, detail....I mean, you really have a lot of nerve to make the statements you make.

That brings me to your unfortunate misstatement. For the record, I have never claimed to create a stadium from scratch, and anyone who could read would know that. I specifically stated in each readme.txt file what I created or added to the project to make it look more period-specific. There are threads all over the place here filled with stadiums that were altered from other works, and no one was crazy enough to insist that they be "credited" with anything. You really need to get some perspective.

My take on it is that I think you think you are MaxFBGod, insulted that there are people who aren't satisfied with the status quo and want to evolve the game and push it to greater boundaries than you have become accustomed. Tough. I think they represent a huge evolution in the game and in my opinion the fact that I was asked to share the stadiums speaks volumes, but you're entitled to your own opinions. That part of it doesn't matter to me.

But so that all of your BS can be dealt with in one place, for Balboa and Harvard, as stated, I started with Local8h's Coliseum, re-painted it, added my own (yes, _original_) column0.bmp graphics, end zone art, field colors, and scoreboards. Kezar used a modified version of the Column0.bmp file from local8h's Coliseum, together with original end zone art, field colors, stadium colors and scoreboard.

Cotton Bowl and Orange Bowl were exclusively modified versions of the unpacked Truvision Stadium. The graphics were taken from screen shots of actual game footage or from historical photographs. No one has ever created a version of that stadium that looks like the one I have released. How you can claim any 'ownership' over or take 'credit' for any of that I have no idea, but kook that you are, I'm sure you'll find a way. You're so caught up in your own shadow that you can't appreciate an effort to advance the game. How ridiculous is that?

Tell you what--you want a thank you for my use of your ballpark.X file--here it is--thanks! Already did in once, or maybe twice, but here it is a third time just to soothe your ego. Did you do the backgrounds? If so, thanks!

As far as the rest of it goes, I don't see anything there that you did that represents a contribution to the work I did on those stadiums. Nada. If you can think of anything, be sure to let me know so I can thank you and you can give the rest of us some peace once and for all.

< Message edited by Argyle1968 -- 2/16/2010 7:13:39 PM >

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 75
RE: The 1960's re-visited - 2/16/2010 7:12:19 PM   
Mykal

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha................... a rip off and childish too

you spurt out a thankyou now............ when all I asked for was that exact same thing a month ago

No I dont think I'm the MaxFB God....... I do on the other hand think I'm someone that has given freely my time and talents to other for years

As for my work is rubbish and took 15 seconds to make................ hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
have you checked the quality of your half ass uniforms against mine - Have you?
because if you have and you think your work better than mine, your blind or a total freak.

As for my work in conjunction with local8h and gary for that matter, I didn't insist on credit for anything from either
for one reason......... Both Guy's were and are very curtious and greatful for my help or assistance...... rather than being a total ass
so I saw no reason because neither ever claimed anything I did was theirs and both would freely tell you I have helped them with graphics for the last 2 years Gil (local8h) still asks on occasion.

And yes, I'll admit your ballpark doesn't look like mine anymore
but your first postings of it did...... and why wouldn't it..... it was mine altered into "yours"
now of course you've had plenty of time to alter it as much as possible to claim "its mine"

never have I helped anyone who was so rude or ungreatful.

EDIT:

And now you edit out the parts of your post that called my work rubbish and took 15 seconds to make......... WHY?

is that because even you know your full of crap

2nd EDIT: Something I forgot

of course people would want the stadiums,
not many folk have the tools and maybe not the know how to alter a stadium, so they will take anything offered and ask for things that are not offered..........

Does that mean your work is the most fantastic work available................ I dont think so

But if it does............... do you want to count up how many folk have your work and how much and compare it against the number of folk who have some or all of mine.......

Guys like you make me wish I'd never helped in the first place and kept everything to myself from the off set.

< Message edited by Mykal -- 2/16/2010 7:35:27 PM >

(in reply to Argyle1968)
Post #: 76
RE: The 1960's re-visited - 2/16/2010 7:47:05 PM   
Argyle1968

That's utterly psychotic.

Are you talking about the screenshot of "Tiger Stadium" I posted in your forum months ago? Dude, if so, you need to re-evaluate. I never claimed I made that. In fact, IIRC it was in the same thread in which you posted your original ballpark overlay. Maybe it was a different thread, but that was before I started doing any editing of the stadiums whatsoever. I posted it to show how it looked in the game. In fact, what prompted me to start working on the stadiums was the fact that I was sorely disappointed in the overlay you did. Like the say, though, the failure of others is what brings about the greatest creativity.

FYI, I edited my post because I didn't think it was fair to make those comments, and I should have just kept that thought to myself. But if you want the truth, no, I didn't think your work was up to the standard I wanted. Sorry if that hurts. I do thank you for making the attempt. It showed me that it was possible to make it look more like I wanted it to look.

Never said I thought my work was anything other than how I wanted it to look. Please do not put words in my mouth. I posted it here because I thought it represented an improvement, and people asked that I share it. That's all. Your tastes are obviously different. Good for you.

Let me go into specifics about how my overlays are actually done, and how I did the very first I made, for Baltimore Memorial Stadium, so that your ego can take a rest.

The first step is to find a suitable field diagram. I have managed to find unique ones for almost every baseball field past or present. This is important--using one baseball diamond configuration for every field is not authentic, because almost no two of them are the same.

After creating a mask out of the dirt portion of the diagram, I resize it, based upon actual field dimensions. You'll recall you botched this with your effort and I had to politely remind you that feet were not the same as yards.

I have several different textures I use for the dirt. After selecting a specific one for the specific field, I apply the mask to Gary Sorrell's faux field template, and THE the real work begins--erasing the yardlines, goal lines, hash marks, sidelines and re-painting them on the dirt sections only--tricky, given that the lines in Gary's template are actually off by several pixels. It is a great tool, but I always start over after positioning the field, in order to get the lines to match as well as possible. By the way--none of the work I have done on the baseball meshes is a full-field covering, UNLIKE yours. It was obvious to me that no full-field mesh is going to look right, given the low resolution. The mesh should always be confined to the smallest possible coverage area.

After the dirt is placed and the lines added, and the dirt/lines are darkened to blend in with the default game textures, the end zones have to be matched. Copying the end zone area of the mesh, re-sizing it, pasting it into a 500X100 end zone overlay, and cleaning it up takes a great deal of time--when done carefully. After some trial and error in making sure the positions and colors are right, the end zone areas of the mesh are then deleted.

Finally, the numbers are added, darkened to match, and moved around pixel by pixel until they look right and cover any existing number fragments from the default field.

Only then does a "baseball" mesh meet my standards.

Every one of them that has been pasted in this thread features my own work, performed exactly in that fashion. You are a liar if you claim differently. Whatever was posted on your forum was your own mesh, and IMHO it looked awful. [edit--sorry, I forgot one posted there which I did make--the last one, a beta for Baltimore Memorial]

As for uniforms, that isn't my interest area, other than bringing the game back into a different era. The ones I've done suit me perfectly well. That busy bright cartoonish crap they wear nowadays doesn't interest me at all. No offense. If that is what you like, then go for it.

But you really are wrong about the ballpark thing. The baseball field meshes I have made originally, which have been posted in this thread, are totally new creations. You should be able to see that quite clearly because, if you will recall, yours was positioned so that the entire baseball diamond fit inside the field borders, and this is not authentic. A real diamond has foul lines, warning track, on deck circles, and usually quite a bit of it is positioned OUTSIDE the field. Common sense should tell you that I did my own work on that. Sorry if you feel slighted, or can't accept that, but it is true. I hope this clears this up once and for all. You enjoy making things for the game, and so do I. You obviously have different tastes than I do. Just let it go.

< Message edited by Argyle1968 -- 2/16/2010 7:58:55 PM >

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 77
RE: The 1960's re-visited - 2/16/2010 8:01:15 PM   
Mykal

For the Record

My version of the ballpark was made to order
in that , I put in and left out what I was told by who ever it was who wanted it at that time.
I did not botch anything as you put it, yes I made a size error in the beginning, why wouldnt I, I'm from the UK, we dont play baseball here, so I thought the whole park had to fit into the 35 yards, not just the diamond......... a slight oversight is what I'd call that, did I correct it, yes I did.

Now the rest of your post................
your telling me how to make graphics, hahahahahahahahahahaha
aint that what they call - trying to teach grandpa how to suck eggs.

Man I've totally had enough of you, you are without doubt the most ungracious person I've ever come across.

Thats My Final words.

(in reply to Argyle1968)
Post #: 78
RE: The 1960's re-visited - 2/16/2010 8:25:06 PM   
Argyle1968

quote:

Thats My Final words.

Well, at least we can all be grateful for that!

Not telling YOU how to make graphics--I explained my process so that you might conceiveably see that you were wrong. But I guess that was expecting too much.

Seriously--how can you possibly think that the stuff I posted here derives from you? You're full of accusations, and defensiveness, but I don't think you've explained how it is that you think that is your work in my screenshots.

I think that, while you have shared a lot of work and made a nice forum and website, you are extremely immature, and have no or little appreciation for what others have done. Your posts in your forum , and here, almost invariably take the attitude that whatever you do is matter-of-factly better than it could have been done by anyone else. Just so that you know, not everyone thinks the way you do. I said thanks for your work in the other forum, and then went about the business of doing it the way I wanted it to look. That is called Yankee Ingenuity. I am not going to thank you for what you did not do, however. And I am certainly not going to sit by and let you characterize me as something I am not, or claim that I "ripped you off". That's insanely silly. Gary was the one who did the Faux Field.psd, not you. All you did was relay the info that Gary worked out to me, who used that info to do it differently. Talk about a glory hog....

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 79
RE: The 1960's re-visited - 2/16/2010 8:37:02 PM   
Mykal

(in reply to Argyle1968)
Post #: 80
RE: The 1960's re-visited - 2/16/2010 8:48:40 PM   
Mykal

Just to shut your sanctimonious mouth

Lets take just one example

MY...... Yes MY Skyline taken from a shot the Yellowknife Horizon

< Message edited by Mykal -- 2/16/2010 8:49:18 PM >

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 81
RE: The 1960's re-visited - 2/16/2010 8:57:15 PM   
Argyle1968

Well, thanks for creating that. It's a nice skyline. Sorry I didn't credit you for it. I am pretty sure I pulled it from another stadium, though, as I wouldn't have downloaded something I didn't recognize from the NFL or college football. But I'll yank it out and replace it this evening to mollify you.

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 82
RE: The 1960's re-visited - 2/16/2010 9:05:57 PM   
Mykal

Like I Said & obvious to everyone by now........... without doubt the most ungracious person I've ever come across

(in reply to Argyle1968)
Post #: 83
RE: The 1960's re-visited - 2/16/2010 9:13:02 PM   
Argyle1968

Before you get too big-headed, I think it's rather funny that you feel that the sliver of your background that appears in that screenshot is the center of attention, like THAT is the part of the shot that is at all noticeable. I thanked you, said it was nice work, told you I didn't know it was yours, said I would remove it...now what is your problem?

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 84
RE: The 1960's re-visited - 2/16/2010 9:46:16 PM   
therhino

quote:

ORIGINAL: Argyle1968

Before you get too big-headed, I think it's rather funny that you feel that the sliver of your background that appears in that screenshot is the center of attention, like THAT is the part of the shot that is at all noticeable. I thanked you, said it was nice work, told you I didn't know it was yours, said I would remove it...now what is your problem?

Hey dude, I've used Gary's background before (now that I think of it, it may have been Mykals) but they haven't complained once. The reason why is I say thanks, I give credit, and if I don't know who made it I post that I don't know, I never take credit for work that isn't mine. Got that? I don't mind you making stadiums, but what you just did is called a re-texture and not even a legit one because you took Mykal's work without permission. You obviously don't realize the time that goes into graphics or you don't care. Well guess what it's not easy or we would all be Mykal's, you make some graphics half that good it would be one thing, but the only thing you contribute is poorly re-textures stadiums with others work.

Next time think before you pull this crap.

(in reply to Argyle1968)
Post #: 85
RE: The 1960's re-visited - 2/16/2010 10:21:50 PM   
Argyle1968

quote:

ORIGINAL: therhino

quote:

ORIGINAL: Argyle1968

Hey dude, I've used Gary's background before (now that I think of it, it may have been Mykals) but they haven't complained once. The reason why is I say thanks, I give credit, and if I don't know who made it I post that I don't know, I never take credit for work that isn't mine. Got that? I don't mind you making stadiums, but what you just did is called a re-texture and not even a legit one because you took Mykal's work without permission. You obviously don't realize the time that goes into graphics or you don't care. Well guess what it's not easy or we would all be Mykal's, you make some graphics half that good it would be one thing, but the only thing you contribute is poorly re-textures stadiums with others work.

Next time think before you pull this crap.

I don't, either. My text files clearly disclaim that I did not create the stadiums and clearly specify what I did to them.

The stadium I selected the horizon from was Central Stadium by local8h. The readme.txt file did not specify who made the horizon texture. Mykal says that he made it--so I have removed it, and am posting a version-2 file at FBMax without the texture and acknowledging Old Coach from whose stadium the new texture was borrowed.

As for the rest of your post, I've seen enough "copy-cat" stadiums to know that textures have gotten passed around and used so frequently that trying to find out who created them originally is all but impossible. Were this a money making venture, it would be different. It's a hobby. I haven't claimed authorship of anything that isn't mine, that's the point you and Mykal are glossing over. Putting things together in a different way to produce a different result IS an original work.

(in reply to therhino)
Post #: 86
RE: The 1960's re-visited - 2/17/2010 5:55:23 PM   
mudrick

I'll stay out of this one......But thank you Argyle for the uploads.

(in reply to Argyle1968)
Post #: 87
RE: The 1960's re-visited - 2/17/2010 11:20:41 PM   
Mrgravyard50

Its been awhile since I have been on here and come back to read this? 
Everyone who makes ANYthing for this game should be proud!! Great work by All..
Let's turn the anger off and focus on making more Great stuff..
Its a shame David W. didnt have this kind of care and stay to make the game right..

(in reply to mudrick)
Post #: 88
RE: The 1960's re-visited - 2/17/2010 11:27:48 PM   
mudrick

I agree Sir.

(in reply to Mrgravyard50)
Post #: 89
RE: The 1960's re-visited - 2/17/2010 11:54:22 PM   
Mykal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mrgravyard50

Its been awhile since I have been on here and come back to read this? 
Everyone who makes ANYthing for this game should be proud!! Great work by All..
Let's turn the anger off and focus on making more Great stuff..
Its a shame David W. didnt have this kind of care and stay to make the game right..

Kinda missin' the point Bro
big difference between makin' somethin' and rippin' off someone else's work
but I wont drag you into all that......

Think I'll go with my gut and say.... I'm makin' nothin' more for anyone
and keep my rubbish, slung together in 15 seconds creations (as Argyle so graciously put it) to myself from here on.

(in reply to Mrgravyard50)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Graphics Related >> RE: The 1960's re-visited Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI