Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Turn 85 overall situation

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> After Action Reports >> Turn 85 overall situation Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Turn 85 overall situation - 4/10/2010 9:07:56 PM   
Da_Huge_D

Okies guys: Its still mud going on, and we're at turn 85 now. Here's overall situation of whole eastern front at end of turn. I think Larry is going to start Case Blue offensive (shock raises 120 for 10-turns) soon after mud(?)

< Message edited by Da_Huge_D -- 4/10/2010 9:14:51 PM >

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 271
FITE Turn 90 - 4/12/2010 9:32:01 PM   
larryfulkerson

I finished the first turn after the spring '42 mud season:  turn 90.  The AAR is published here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/imdfhymyzyi/DAHD FITE game turn 90 AAR forum copy.html

The Kharkov pocket is gone and we're back to WWI-style, toe-to-toe, grinding, slow, pre-breakthrough, shooting at each other.

If we're all created in the image of god then why aren't we all invisible?

(in reply to Da_Huge_D)
Post #: 272
RE: FITE Turn 91 - 4/13/2010 7:54:50 PM   
larryfulkerson

I finished Axis turn 91.  The AAR is published here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/g20dzndnq3h/DAHD FITE game turn 91 AAR forum copy.html

Hard pushing has captured a couple of hexes here and there.  Case Blue should start about turn 92 or so.

Post #: 273
RE: FITE Turn 92 - 4/15/2010 12:25:24 AM   
larryfulkerson

I finished Axis turn 92 and published the AAR here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2zdgiylmtzm/DAHD FITE game turn 92 AAR forum copy.html

I gained several hexes from several areas on the map.  I did one of those fabulous moving maps to see which hexes changed hands this turn.

Post #: 274
Turn 92 - Case Blue - 4/15/2010 8:26:50 AM   
Da_Huge_D

Turn 92

*Axis Operation 'Case Blue' begins*

6. May - 9. May 1942
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, Larry launched Case Blue offensive now, and south doesn't look good. Here's shot from Southern front. I carried (reconstructed) fresh 1. Shock Army to area. I fear that rumanians and germans will tear thru' my line in this area soon.
Also, as you can see i lost City of Voroshilograd (5%) this turn.

Post #: 275
Turn 92 - Case Blue begins - 4/15/2010 8:32:59 AM   
Da_Huge_D

Here's overall situation in south at end of turn 92. Germans have about 12 panzer divisions and 7 PzGr. (Panzergrenadier) divisions in south ATM. Should i be worried? LOL

(in reply to Da_Huge_D)
Post #: 276
RE: Turn 92 - Case Blue begins - 4/15/2010 9:27:45 AM   
Karri

Between 26th army and 5th tank corps is where your line will be broken, you left the ZOCs uncontested there.

(in reply to Da_Huge_D)
Post #: 277
RE: Turn 92 - Case Blue begins - 4/15/2010 10:41:01 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karri
Between 26th army and 5th tank corps is where your line will be broken, you left the ZOCs uncontested there.

I don't see any uncontested ZOCs there. Could you be a litte bit more specific?

(in reply to Karri)
Post #: 278
RE: Turn 92 - Case Blue begins - 4/15/2010 11:07:23 AM   
Karri

I mean the area behind the two rifle divisions, should have one unit there to block the ZOCs.

Post #: 279
RE: Turn 92 - Case Blue begins - 4/15/2010 1:44:51 PM   
Panama

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

quote:

I don't see any uncontested ZOCs there. Could you be a litte bit more specific?

Post #: 280
RE: Turn 92 - Case Blue begins - 4/15/2010 2:06:21 PM   
Da_Huge_D

quote:

I know, but 1. Shock Army will patch hole next turn if needed.

(in reply to Karri)
Post #: 281
RE: Turn 92 - 4/15/2010 5:05:03 PM   
larryfulkerson

So um........Dave:  I'd be curious to know what the Soviet losses are right about now.  I don't blame you if you don't want to disclose that intel.

(in reply to Da_Huge_D)
Post #: 282
RE: Turn 92 - 4/15/2010 6:29:26 PM   
Da_Huge_D

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

So um........Dave:  I'd be curious to know what the Soviet losses are right about now.  I don't blame you if you don't want to disclose that intel.

I will put them in next report

< Message edited by Da_Huge_D -- 4/16/2010 6:39:31 AM >

Post #: 283
RE: Turn 92 - 4/16/2010 7:44:19 AM   
pionier

Guys, I got just one question. Why don't you got different aars where your opponment is not allowed to read. I really think that giving the soviet player this kind of information makes it easier for the russian player to defend in 1941 and a littlebit in 1942.

You would be in a more favorable situation by now.

But still it is a great AAR ;-)

(in reply to Da_Huge_D)
Post #: 284
RE: Turn 93 - 4/16/2010 10:59:09 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: pionier
Guys, I got just one question. Why don't you got different aars where your opponment is not allowed to read. I really think that giving the soviet player this kind of information makes it easier for the russian player to defend in 1941 and a littlebit in 1942.

You would be in a more favorable situation by now.

But still it is a great AAR ;-)

Thanks for your kind words about the AAR quality. I try. And as for the intel I'm giving away to Dave: I play for the fun of it. I'm not playing cut throat here. I'm not sure my intel give-aways are helping Dave all that much. Maybe they are, I donno. Let's ask Dave.

I finished the Axis turn 93 and published the AAR here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jjtz1gnjzgj/DAHD FITE game turn 93 AAR forum copy.html

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 4/16/2010 11:46:23 AM >

(in reply to pionier)
Post #: 285
RE: Turn 94 - 4/17/2010 8:48:19 PM   
larryfulkerson

I finished the Axis turn 94 and published the AAR here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/l33zwkwz2lj/DAHD FITE game turn 94 AAR forum copy.html

Dave did another pull-back and the front lines changed radically in the deep south.

Post #: 286
Turn 95 Update - 4/19/2010 2:38:56 PM   
Da_Huge_D

Turn 95

17. May - 19. May 1942
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alright. We can first check results of Axis summer-offensive so far, by looking losses. Here's infantry losses picture. VERY heavy losses so far, i've lost about 20-30k Rifle Squads and 6k Heavy Rifle squads in 4 turns! And its's rising more and more every turn...

Situation in Leningrad looks desperate these days... City will fall within next two weeks for sure. Germans have three panzer divisions and two SS divisions (SS Polizei & SS Totenkopf) pushing there. Larry also got couple infantry and mountain divisions in northern side of the city.

< Message edited by Da_Huge_D -- 4/19/2010 3:03:17 PM >

Post #: 287
RE: Turn 95 Update - 4/19/2010 3:15:32 PM   
Da_Huge_D

Here's overall picture from centre... Yea, i know map is pretty mess. LOL. Hope you guys still get it.
Yellow-sided text units are Corps.
Tk = Tank
Mech = Mechanised
A = Army

< Message edited by Da_Huge_D -- 4/19/2010 3:27:18 PM >

(in reply to Da_Huge_D)
Post #: 288
RE: Turn 95 - 4/20/2010 4:27:35 AM   
larryfulkerson

I finally finished Axis turn 95 and published the AAR for it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5wqumuizidt/DAHD FITE game turn 95 AAR forum copy.html

Not much has changed though.

(in reply to Da_Huge_D)
Post #: 289
RE: Turn 95 - 4/20/2010 10:53:08 AM   
larryfulkerson

I finally finished Axis turn 96 and published the AAR for it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mdotjaql4yn/DAHD FITE game turn 96 AAR forum copy.html

I got an early turn ending and only 1 combat round so nothing on the map changed this turn.

Post #: 290
RE: Turn 95 - 4/20/2010 12:52:33 PM   
Ribak

First: Love it!
The effort you two guys are putting into this - incredible.

@Axis: Great updates larryfulkerson! i have been reading all of it by now and finally had to register, just to get on your nerves with my useless plans
first one: why is there no offensive at kerch (krimean region)? krasnodar and maykop are valiuable targets (especially maykop for the sup.) - and with just a little expedition army you could force the sowjet player to create a new frontline in this area, thus making his lines thinner and YOU get to choose where he has to send reinforcments (keep in mind: AFTER fall blau/case blue, theres no point in wasting good shock [120?] with troop movement ...)
second one: catch schlüsselburg (near leningrad) - by autumn you should be able to mop the whole (by then nearly starved) city up - dont go for nova lagoda (as historical), from this position it seems nearly impossible in the next few weeks.
bonus: if you choose to use both plans, you will leave your opponent helpless, as he has 3 hot spots: leningrad, kaukausus and the area of the don front, where he has to build up new defense lines in order to protect stalingrad.

@Soviet: I wont waste your time as much as larry's, just one question: where are your counteroffensives? the one in the winter failed (if i remember correctly) and it seems as if from then on you just switched to defense - this is the certain way to hell (or siberia ), because it lets your opponent choose with what equip. and when he wants to fight.

overall: please keep in mind that I dont know if anything of this is of any value whatsoever, so treat it accordingly

ps: i didnt find any panzerlosses (losses of german tanks) anywhere - if you would be so nice (and if intel doesnt forbid it), pls give us a update on that. thanks

Post #: 291
RE: Turn 95 - 4/20/2010 1:09:37 PM   
Da_Huge_D

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ribak

Thanks for your words. It's glad to hear good news.

quote:

@Soviet: I wont waste your time as much as larry's, just one question: where are your counteroffensives?

Well, like i said before my winter-offensive was bit disappointment. Larry is very good defender etc. All i can say, is that i won't do any counter-offensives until second winter-offensive comes. And i can say, that will be mind-**cking-blowing.

I keep large reserves all the time, and i'm trying to save some Rifle squads to winter... So that's why i haven't really attacked for awhile. Just waiting right time to hit the spot...

< Message edited by Da_Huge_D -- 4/20/2010 1:13:26 PM >

(in reply to Ribak)
Post #: 292
Turn 96 update - 4/20/2010 1:36:37 PM   
Da_Huge_D

Turn 96

20. May - 23. May 1942
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's happening in south again... Battle for Rostov began. I really need some reinforcements in this area because Caucasus oil-fields will be Larry's next stop.

(in reply to Da_Huge_D)
Post #: 293
RE: Turn 96 update - 4/20/2010 1:53:13 PM   
Da_Huge_D

Last three turns Larry have tried to plunge hole in Kalinin front (pic below). Funny thing is that he have only one panzer division in this area, and almost broke thru' my line last turn... But i patched it somehow.

(in reply to Da_Huge_D)
Post #: 294
RE: Turn 96 update - 4/20/2010 2:13:38 PM   
Karri

Althought not making any counter-offensives, you should certainly be constantly counter-attacking. Your best units are the guards and tank brigades, now guards should be saved for offensives or if you absolutely need to hold a hex. The tank brigades however are perfect for hex-size counter-attacks. Where ever Larry is attacking, you should be attacking his spearheads...nothing blunts an offensive as fast as 1% supply....and if you can squeeze in 3-4 attacks per turn, then that would slow him down considerably.

EDIT:

Basicly: bog him down.

< Message edited by Karri -- 4/20/2010 2:23:16 PM >

(in reply to Da_Huge_D)
Post #: 295
RE: Turn 97 - 4/20/2010 3:45:49 PM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

Thanks for keeping up with our efforts. And welcome to the forum Ribak. Nice to see some new names on the forum.

quote:

@Axis: Great updates larryfulkerson! i have been reading all of it by now and finally had to register, just to get on your nerves with my useless plans

I'm not so sure your plans are useless.

quote:

first one: why is there no offensive at kerch (krimean region)? krasnodar and maykop are valiuable targets (especially maykop for the sup.) - and with just a little expedition army you could force the sowjet player to create a new frontline in this area, thus making his lines thinner and YOU get to choose where he has to send reinforcments (keep in mind: AFTER fall blau/case blue, theres no point in wasting good shock [120?] with troop movement ...)

Kerch is a port city so any attacking from there would involve an invasion and that implies high losses. I'd much rather just catch one of his empty ports and move my dudes after arriving at the empty port. And there aren't any yet. On the other hand attacking south from Rostov doesn't involve an invasion and keeps my units together supporting each other. See the picture I have posted to see the situation I'm talking about.

quote:

second one: catch schlüsselburg (near leningrad) - by autumn you should be able to mop the whole (by then nearly starved) city up - dont go for nova lagoda (as historical), from this position it seems nearly impossible in the next few weeks.

That's a really good idea. I'll do that.

quote:

overall: please keep in mind that I dont know if anything of this is of any value whatsoever, so treat it accordingly

You sound like me when I come up with a rather good plan.

quote:

ps: i didnt find any panzerlosses (losses of german tanks) anywhere - if you would be so nice (and if intel doesnt forbid it), pls give us a update on that. thanks

I'll start posting the losses from the major groups ( infantry, tanks, planes ) so you can see what they are. I need to do that anyway to document this so when I come back to it years from now I can see what they were.

And THANKS for your input. Keep those good ideas flowing in to us. Here.......here's a stack of virtual money worth about $1000.00 for your input.

I'm working on my turn 97 moves right now so we should have another AAR in about 2 hours or so.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ribak)
Post #: 296
RE: Turn 97 - 4/20/2010 7:22:46 PM   
Ribak

Of course I know that Kerch is a port city - nevertheless, by opening a new front (you dont even have to use a lot of divisions) you can release pressure from 2 sides on the caucausus - so your opponent never knows, from where your next strike will occur.

"Keep those good ideas flowing in to us."
Hrhr, now there will be no end to pointless conversations and meaningless propositions

Now there still is the question, what to do with a 1000.00 $ here in Europe :D

Greets,
Ribak

Ps: Waiting for Update. Vorwärts!

Post #: 297
RE: Turn 97 - 4/20/2010 8:11:41 PM   
Karri

quote:

Of course I know that Kerch is a port city - nevertheless, by opening a new front (you dont even have to use a lot of divisions) you can release pressure from 2 sides on the caucausus - so your opponent never knows, from where your next strike will occur.

Attacking a fortified and well supplied(I'm guessing that unit has been sitting there for quite a few turns) port is quite a gamble...worth trying? Dunno.

(in reply to Ribak)
Post #: 298
RE: Turn 97 - 4/20/2010 8:20:33 PM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

I suppose it's worth a try. Maybe I can find a port city defended by less than optimal units to attack.

(in reply to Ribak)
Post #: 299
RE: Turn 97 - 4/21/2010 7:48:50 AM   
larryfulkerson

I finally finished turn 97 and published the AAR here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dljyn2znngo/DAHD FITE game turn 97 AAR forum copy.html

I had a pretty good turn and gained some hexes and formed a sort of pocket for once.

Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> After Action Reports >> Turn 85 overall situation Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI