Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Turn 108

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> After Action Reports >> RE: Turn 108 Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Turn 108 - 5/2/2010 2:17:52 PM   
pionier

your site works larry and I wonder how fast you continue playing. From 25 of June 2009 till today I played only 105 Turns of Fite as axis. You've done this fromt 1. March 2010... 

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 361
RE: Turn 108 - 5/2/2010 2:32:50 PM   
Da_Huge_D

quote:

ORIGINAL: pionier

your site works larry and I wonder how fast you continue playing. From 25 of June 2009 till today I played only 105 Turns of Fite as axis. You've done this fromt 1. March 2010... 

Well i hope we continue this tempo, so 1 turn/day.
I began little offensive in north. AAR coming sometimes soon...

(in reply to pionier)
Post #: 362
RE: Turn 108 - 5/2/2010 2:35:23 PM   
pionier

Well its more line 2/day than 1 :D

1,78 per day!

(in reply to Da_Huge_D)
Post #: 363
RE: Turn 108 - 5/2/2010 3:04:59 PM   
Da_Huge_D

quote:

Well its more line 2/day than 1 :D

1,78 per day!

Yeah, i forgot mud turns

(in reply to pionier)
Post #: 364
RE: Turn 108 - 5/2/2010 7:44:39 PM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

your site works larry....

Good deal. I'm hoping I can start a trend where almost everybody puts a web server on their computer so we can view their AARs and maybe download files that people want to share with others. It's free and it feels liberating.

quote:

...and I wonder how fast you continue playing. From 25 of June 2009 till today I played only 105 Turns of Fite as axis. You've done this fromt 1. March 2010... 

I sent my turn 1 moves to Dave last October as I recall. This is May 2 already so that's about 7 months so far. 108 turns in 7 months is ......well, it's a lot.

If we're all created in the image of god then why aren't we all invisible?

(in reply to pionier)
Post #: 365
RE: Turn 109 - 5/2/2010 8:35:18 PM   
larryfulkerson

I finally finished Axis turn 109 and published the AAR here:

http://71.214.182.177

I finished the mop-up in the pocket and now I need to concentrate on getting across the river to Stalingrad.

Post #: 366
RE: Turn 108 - 5/3/2010 12:12:31 AM   
Bamilus

Larry,

Awesome work, man! I just bought TOAW:III (in large part because of reading your awesome AAR's). Keep up the good work! I love reading these things and they've been a big help in improving my game.

(in reply to pionier)
Post #: 367
RE: Turn 108 - 5/3/2010 2:39:51 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bamilus
Larry,

Awesome work, man! I just bought TOAW:III (in large part because of reading your awesome AAR's). Keep up the good work! I love reading these things and they've been a big help in improving my game.

You're welcome. I think you for your kind words and Hey...welcome to the forum. Your first post already.... I'll bet you've been lurking for a while. Me too before I posted stuff. Now I got over 7K+ posts. I wonder if that's some kind of record?

I hope you enjoy TOAW III....it's practically the only thing I play anymore. There's lots of articles written by those who know their stuff which you can find here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2231803

Plus there's lots of people in the forum who will answer any questions you may have. Me for one. So ask away....you've probably got a boat load of questions you want answers to. I did. I'm still learning this fantastic game. The problem with TOAW is that it models ground combat pretty well but boat combat not so well. And it's an operational scale game and not really good at tactical scale or strategic scale stuff. That asside, I have found many many hours of enjoyment from it. I hope you do too. Your questions and comments about the AAR's are of course welcome. I'm hoping to start a trend where everybody turns their computer into a web server and we can view each others AARs and download files from each other easier without having to buy space on some web server somewhere on the net. I turned my computer into a web server for free and from what I can determine...it's working just fine. Lemme know if you need anything.

(in reply to Bamilus)
Post #: 368
RE: Turn 108 - 5/3/2010 2:11:18 PM   
mbar

You influenced me to by TOAW3 also, Larry. You made it look like fun and I got the demo of the original TOAW and was impressed with it's features. I'm a bit busy learning War in the Pacific but I hope to give TOAW more attention in the future.

Post #: 369
RE: Turn 110 - 5/3/2010 3:48:04 PM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: mbar
You influenced me to by TOAW3 also, Larry. You made it look like fun and I got the demo of the original TOAW and was impressed with it's features. I'm a bit busy learning War in the Pacific but I hope to give TOAW more attention in the future.

Hey mbar dude: Way to go. I'm glad you like TOAW III. It's my favorite game right now. I have an open mind and I like War in the Pacific but I love TOAW III. Dave and I are really having fun with FITE and it's getting interesting now that Dave is counterattacking. I have to stay on my toes with him doing that. Parts of the front line are stable, some are actively fighting with me attacking him and parts of the front line are under attack from Dave. It's cool, really cool. I sometimes dream of FITE...looking for ways to improve my position and what in the world do I do next, etc.

If Dave wins that's okay with me, I'm playing for the 'what-if' possibilities but so far it's playing out in a historical way in a crude sort of comparison context. My next objective is Stalingrad and it's going to be a hard fight because I have to get my guys across the Don River somehow somewhere. Dave is doing a really good job defending and he's going to be a real bear in the '42 Soviet Winter Offensive ( which starts in about 20 turns or so ). I may not survive the '42 winter offensive depending on how much my units recuperate between now and then. Most of my units are down to 1/2 strength because of all the fighting and they lack the punch they once had.

Dave has Air Supremacy and is using it to stiffle my movements and shooting down my fighters. Some of the Axis minor squadrons are down to a handful of planes so they aren't much good any more. Dave has pulled most of his units behind a river or other terrain obstacle and it's getting more and more difficult to root him out of his positions. The front lines as they are right now probably won't change all that much for at least the next 10 turns or so. Dave and I are in the 'grinding' phase of the game now and Dave is slowly gaining the superior position since he builds squads much much faster than I do. Plus he's building aircraft much faster than I am and his tanks are in a class above any that I can field so it's going to be interesting. Now that Dave is counterattacking I hesitate to pull many of the risks that I've been taking. Dave has no idea how weak some parts of my front line are but with all this counterattacking he's going to find out pretty soon now where he can profitably push and where he needs to stand pat. I love this game. Dave is a good player and he's getting better with each turn.

I've decided to publish the AAR for turn 110 and subsequent AARs even though I'm not through putting them together so you can see the evolution of a typical AAR. And as always you guys can view my AARs by going here:

http://71.214.182.177

If you want to see what your IP address is just do this link below and look at the last entries of Jibble.log for your request:

http://71.214.182.177/Jibble.log

Lemme know how your games are going mbar dude. Welcome to the forum and post your questions and comments from time to time.

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 5/3/2010 3:49:19 PM >

(in reply to mbar)
Post #: 370
RE: Turn 110 - 5/3/2010 5:26:10 PM   
Karri

Can't access the site.

Post #: 371
RE: Turn 110 - 5/3/2010 6:43:31 PM   
Ribak

Jupp, me too.

Links dead again.

(in reply to Karri)
Post #: 372
RE: Turn 110 - 5/3/2010 7:49:52 PM   
mbar

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson
Lemme know how your games are going mbar dude. Welcome to the forum and post your questions and comments from time to time.

Thank you. I will.

Post #: 373
RE: Turn 110 - 5/3/2010 9:50:06 PM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL:  Karri
Can't access the site.

quote:

ORIGINAL:  Ribak
Jupp, me too.
Links dead again.

I checked out what might be wrong and discovered that Qwest had changed my modem IP address.  Why did they do that?  So maybe this scheme isn't going to work after all if Qwest is going to change my IP address daily. 

Anyway, the new address is :
http://71.214.185.201

Somebody try it to see does it work, please.

(in reply to mbar)
Post #: 374
RE: Turn 110 - 5/3/2010 10:43:27 PM   
Panama

Works ok. Daily eh?

Post #: 375
RE: Turn 110 - 5/3/2010 10:55:28 PM   
Bamilus

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

I checked out what might be wrong and discovered that Qwest had changed my modem IP address.  Why did they do that?  So maybe this scheme isn't going to work after all if Qwest is going to change my IP address daily. 

Anyway, the new address is :
http://71.214.185.201

Somebody try it to see does it work, please.

It worked for a couple minutes, but now it just times out and I get a "not loading" message.

Thanks for your reply. I definitely hope to get involved with the TOAW community, for sure.

Before the site stopped working for me I saw your pics from Vietnam; pretty cool stuff. Thanks for your service to our country. I have much respect to everyone who is/has been in the armed forces.

Post #: 376
RE: Turn 110 - 5/3/2010 11:26:57 PM   
larryfulkerson

Okay....here's the latest news:  according to Qwest I was using a dynamic IP address which does change ( frequently, at least daily ) and I need to purchase a static IP address.  So I did that ( $25 initial setup fee and $6 per month to lease an IP address).  So after I leased this new IP address, supposedly you guys should be able to connect to my site using

http://65.101.188.183

The problemo is that that address is the address of my modem and even though you guys can get to it from the outside...*I* can't use that address to see my web site because my TCP/IP packets go from my computer to the modem and stop there.  It's found it's destination and travels no further.  Not even back to my computer.  I can't see my web site using the Qwest modem because it "doesn't support loop-back".  So in order for me to see my web site I have to use a different modem.  F_ _ _ K that.  I'll just test my files using my hard drive and if it works then I'll move it to the web site directory and pretend it's okie dokie.  Unless I hear from you guys that it's down again.  Which Qwest tells me should never happen.

(in reply to Bamilus)
Post #: 377
RE: Turn 110 - 5/3/2010 11:40:56 PM   
Bamilus

Seems to be working fine now, Larry. I'll keep checking and let you know if I have any problems.

Post #: 378
RE: Turn 110 - 5/4/2010 12:56:10 AM   
larryfulkerson

thanks bamilus.  I'm glad I can count on you.

By the way, I decided to start tacking on the END_OF_TURN_DO_NOT_SEND file to the AAR so you guys can look over the battlefield in detail. I don't have such a file for turn 110 yet so I've started with the AAR from turn 109.

If you're in a hurry and don't want to go to my web site to get it just click on the link below:

http://65.101.188.183/END_OF_TURN_DO_NOT_SEND_FITE Axis turn 109.sal

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 5/4/2010 2:24:05 AM >

(in reply to Bamilus)
Post #: 379
RE: Turn 111 - 5/4/2010 3:12:04 PM   
larryfulkerson

Here's something you don't see every day. It's Axis turn 111 round 1 and I got some reinforcements. I see where some other reinforcements were supposed to appear in Berlin in turn 111 and they didn't. I can only assume that there wasn't enough room to deploy two more units in Berlin ( nine units per hex ).

Attachment (1)

Post #: 380
RE: Turn 111 - 5/4/2010 6:15:35 PM   
Ribak

What the heck?
Berlins is probably the best protected city of the world right now

Thx for the End-of-Turn upload, gives a good insight.
1.Ýour airplanes are way too near to the front, I would only try to keep them in reach with my ground-troops, but dont let them fly over soviet territory.
2. Mix the Hungarian troops with some German divisions, dont let them defend the whole area south of Il'men lake.
3. Take that one hex of Leningrad, for Christ's sake! It's so close!
4. If you dont take Stalingrad before the winter, I would propose a drawback (maybe straight from Rostov to the North?). Dangerous tanks east of Rostov ...
5. Youre doin great!

< Message edited by Ribak -- 5/4/2010 6:35:18 PM >

Post #: 381
RE: Turn 111 - 5/4/2010 6:35:10 PM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ribak
What the heck?
Berlin is probably the best protected city of the world right now

Have you seen what Dave has in Moscow right now? All that's missing is the tactical Nukes.

By the way, I published the AAR for turn 111. Just go to

to see it.

I'm getting ready to attack toward Stalingrad. Heavy losses are guarenteed.

(in reply to Ribak)
Post #: 382
RE: Turn 111 - 5/4/2010 6:54:35 PM   
Ribak

I'm a little bit sceptic about the attack on Stalingrad - you really think its gonna work?
I mean otherwise your whole war is in danger, if Dave surrounds the tired troops in this area ...

It's possible if the Romanians do a good job

Post #: 383
RE: Turn 112 - 5/6/2010 4:31:02 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

I'm a little bit sceptic about the attack on Stalingrad - you really think its gonna work?
I mean otherwise your whole war is in danger, if Dave surrounds the tired troops in this area ...
It's possible if the Romanians do a good job

During turn 112 I pushed a little bit with the Romanians and got across the river in a couple of places. So yeah, it might work after all. Maybe I should rest my dudes a little before I ask them to do the impossible again.
I posted my AAR for turn 112 at my web site which is here:

Also, I've had a request for the scenario DNO so I thought I'd start a second copy of the Web server I'm using and have the root directory the one for the scenarios I have for TOAW III. You can find my scenarios here:

http://65.101.188.183:443

Download whatever you want, it's free.

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 5/6/2010 9:50:26 PM >

(in reply to Ribak)
Post #: 384
Turn 112 update - 5/6/2010 8:03:30 AM   
Da_Huge_D

Turn 112

*Battle For Stalingrad Begins...*

15. July - 18. July 1942
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, battle for Stalingrad has began. And i'm bringing more armies & corps into Stalingrad front by every turn to reinforce the city. I made some counter-attacking with my Tank corps intoto Larry's panzer-spearheads, they was pushed back little bit.

I'm little worried about Axis mass of troops. In this area, there is Rumanian army-group (contains 2 armies and 1 reserve army), several panzer-groups and two german armies... Seems like Fulkerson really wants that city. LOL.

Here's picture of some danger situation in here south. Now these are only two last railroads connecting Caucasus. I'll lose Railroad B soon, so then my last hope is railroad A. So i gotta keep mind these things, i don't want lose connection to Caucasus so i really need to protect railroad A. I can keep reinforcing Stalingrad with connecting railroad.

< Message edited by Da_Huge_D -- 5/6/2010 8:16:15 AM >

Post #: 385
RE: Turn 112 update - 5/6/2010 8:27:10 AM   
pionier

Over Sibiria you still got railroad connection. ;-)

(in reply to Da_Huge_D)
Post #: 386
RE: Turn 112 update - 5/6/2010 10:38:00 AM   
Ribak

@Da Huge:

1st sreenshot: 4 tank corps and 2 garde mech corps - DEFENDING?
You gotta be joking mate
If you just want to keep your line, mix "normal" armies (ergo IDs) with tank corps and concentrate your garde at the "hot spots".
Otherwise Stalingrad will be German in notime.

And of course Karri's propose: counterattack at different locations!
You gotta think like Stalin, Rifle squads (... to be honest, everything ) are replaceable!

Ps: Keep in mind - these are just propositions.

(in reply to pionier)
Post #: 387
RE: Turn 112 update - 5/6/2010 11:48:42 AM   
Da_Huge_D

quote:

@Da Huge:

1st sreenshot: 4 tank corps and 2 garde mech corps - DEFENDING?
You gotta be joking mate
If you just want to keep your line, mix "normal" armies (ergo IDs) with tank corps and concentrate your garde at the "hot spots".
Otherwise Stalingrad will be German in notime.

And of course Karri's propose: counterattack at different locations!
You gotta think like Stalin, Rifle squads (... to be honest, everything ) are replaceable!

Ps: Keep in mind - these are just propositions.

Cmon, i know. But i have run out of regular armies (i have currently about 3 of them reconstituting) so i just don't have regular armies. 9. Separate Army is coming soon to replace them. Fronts are just so damn wide just now.
And now i'm attacking in south, centre and north. Where else i should attack? LOL.

< Message edited by Da_Huge_D -- 5/6/2010 11:54:10 AM >

(in reply to Ribak)
Post #: 388
RE: Turn 112 update - 5/6/2010 1:18:23 PM   
Karri

Wait...are you keeping your armies actually together? I just throw whatever I get wherever I need it.

(in reply to Da_Huge_D)
Post #: 389
RE: Turn 112 update - 5/6/2010 2:00:26 PM   
Ribak

Isn't there a supply bonus?

(in reply to Karri)
Post #: 390
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> After Action Reports >> RE: Turn 108 Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI