Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Allied TF Behaviour

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Allied TF Behaviour Page: <<   < prev  182 183 [184] 185 186   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Allied TF Behaviour - 10/6/2011 5:38:03 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Those Vanilla Patches are dangerous. I think MJ OD'ed on them.

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 5491
RE: Allied TF Behaviour - 10/6/2011 5:42:42 PM   
Cap Mandrake

******************Bridge of HMS Royal Sovereign, 12:15, October 12, 1942***************

Lookout: Torpedo in the water off starboard bow! Range 800 yds!

Captain: Ring up 1 1/2 knots! Come right 15 degrees!

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 5492
RE: Allied TF Behaviour - 10/6/2011 7:50:02 PM   
Argos

Hmmm Vanilla Patches - isn't that what an ex-rapper calls his new drywall repair business/reality TV show? I pretty sure it’s only intellectually dangerous...

Post #: 5493
RE: Allied TF Behaviour - 10/6/2011 8:45:25 PM   
Chickenboy

(in sotto voce) -ding ding ding dinga da ding ding- "Ice ice baby...."

(in reply to Argos)
Post #: 5494
RE: Allied TF Behaviour - 10/6/2011 11:48:53 PM   
Grollub

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

quote:

ORIGINAL: CT Grognard

That is bizarre.

Do you think it might have anything to do with the HQ it's attached to?

No, it's because they're gits.

Is "gits" a four letter word?

Yes, but that's fixed in the beta.

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

Post #: 5495
RE: Allied TF Behaviour - 10/7/2011 12:36:21 AM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

How come everyone but Admiral Lord Sprior and I seem to know this?

NOW YOU TELL US!

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 5496
RE: Allied TF Behaviour - 10/7/2011 12:48:10 AM   
Grollub

quote:

quote:

How come everyone but Admiral Lord Sprior and I seem to know this?

NOW YOU TELL US!

Maybe you could use 'twat' instead?

Post #: 5497
RE: Allied TF Behaviour - 10/7/2011 12:51:22 AM   
Cap Mandrake

Brief time out from getting our arses handed to us.

So I have this 12 year old male patient who is just starting puberty and he happens to get the hives (itchy swollen skin rash that migrates). So his mom drags him to the walk-in and they give him some cream to assuage his (and her) concern.

BTW, his mom told us this story.

Well, as luck would have it, he has the hives on his groin.

His mom says "Mijo, let me poot on the cream"

Her son says, "OK mom but you have to close your eyes"

Time out. I know what you are thinking. 12 years old and his mom is going to rub cream on his unmentionables? Huh? I thought the same thing.

So junior takes a peak down into his BVD's and notes the hives have spread to his unit. His eyes get real big. He proclaims, "Oh, Mom, you are going to be SOOOOO proud of me. My pajarito has NEVER been this big."

After she stops laughing she gives him the cream. "Poot on the cream yooself, Mijo."

Here is the deal. This kid is smart. He knows how things work. He was two steps ahead of his mom.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 10/7/2011 12:52:47 AM >

Post #: 5498
RE: Allied TF Behaviour - 10/7/2011 12:52:51 AM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

Maybe you could use 'twat' instead?

I suppose that is another patch I don't know about?

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 5499
RE: Allied TF Behaviour - 10/7/2011 1:26:43 AM   
Itdepends

Don't forget if you upgrade to the Beta you'll have to change your signature line to "Pretend I never read the release notes"

BTW greate AAR, very enjoyable and instructive way to demonstrate how to blight a war.

Post #: 5500
RE: Allied TF Behaviour - 10/7/2011 2:18:16 AM   
House Stark

Have you fire North Carolina's skipper yet? That ship deserves better than the cowards you've found for her. Or was the TF commander someone else last time? Although I had another thought: perhaps your commander had too high of an "honor" attribute and thought it would be bad form to attack fleeing Japanese cripples.

(in reply to Itdepends)
Post #: 5501
RE: Allied TF Behaviour - 10/7/2011 4:02:48 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: House Stark

Have you fire North Carolina's skipper yet? That ship deserves better than the cowards you've found for her.

At this point, that's the third or fourth cowardly engagement that North Carolina has been involved in. This makes a strong argument for AW1Steve's long-standing request for a "Take him out and shoot him" button on the ship's command screen.

(in reply to House Stark)
Post #: 5502
RE: Allied TF Behaviour - 10/7/2011 6:00:12 PM   
Cap Mandrake

The failure of North Carolina to intervene while 2 CV's were sunk by gunfire is bad enough, but the failure to engage an already damaged (and probably with empty magazines) Hyuga when North Carolina had 75% of her main gun ammo left and was unscratched is beyond words.

Santa Maria!

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 5503
RE: Allied TF Behaviour - 10/7/2011 6:18:40 PM   
Grollub

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

Have you fire North Carolina's skipper yet? That ship deserves better than the cowards you've found for her.

At this point, that's the third or fourth cowardly engagement that North Carolina has been involved in. This makes a strong argument for AW1Steve's long-standing request for a "Take him out and shoot him" button on the ship's command screen.

Seems a little excessive.

File for a "Label the captain as a 'twat'" button on the tech support forum instead?

Post #: 5504
RE: Allied TF Behaviour - 10/7/2011 6:29:06 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Meanwhile we discover the death of the Allied carriers has been "wildly exaggerated" (to paraphrase Mark Twain).

Illustrious is completely unscathed. Yorktown has some system damage but can make good speed and conduct flight ops. Even Formidable has only 34% flotation damage and can make 17 kts. Formidable air groups recovered to Meekatharah and Carnavon.

JJ had massive carrier bomber losses, especially to Kates.

Even so, it is no time for another carrier battle. We have very few operational fighters left on the carriers. We need to get out what we can and come back with Yorktown, Wasp and Illustrious in about two weeks.

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 5505
RE: Allied TF Behaviour - 10/7/2011 6:37:19 PM   
Alfred

quote:

quote:

quote:

File for a "Label the captain as a 'twat'" button on the tech support forum instead?

Gentlemen, I must protest. I see the Captain of the North Carolina is to be deprived of procedural fairness (previously known as natural justice). Don't you realise that were he to instruct Messrs Dewey,Chatham etc, he could be successful in an action and be awarded substantial damages.

Alfred

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 5506
RE: Allied TF Behaviour - 10/7/2011 6:46:50 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Meanwhile we discover the death of the Allied carriers has been "wildly exaggerated" (to paraphrase Mark Twain).

Great! And the Royal Sovereign? Did it not eat two extra torpedoes and sink?

Post #: 5507
RE: Allied TF Behaviour - 10/7/2011 6:49:02 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

More buttons=more better. I didn't say you HAD to take him out and shoot him, but having the option would make a lot of would-be supreme commanders like the game system a lot more.

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 5508
RE: Allied TF Behaviour - 10/7/2011 6:59:50 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred

quote:

quote:

quote:

Gentlemen, I must protest. I see the Captain of the North Carolina is to be deprived of procedural fairness (previously known as natural justice). Don't you realise that were he to instruct Messrs Dewey,Chatham etc, he could be successful in an action and be awarded substantial damages.

Alfred

I'm wondering if M&M Enterprises has a mobile "flying" courts martial unit that they can move around from place to place where this battlefield justice must be meted. It'd be easy enough to fit it for various and sundry Allied troops.

Perhaps a character voice actor could preside-someone with comfort in numerous regional accents. If it's a Limey on trial, wear one of those powder wig thingies and appropriate vestments. An Aussie: Lots of "Oi! Look 'ere, mate! I'll do the lot of you for that treason thing then!" and breaks in the action for beer service in the courtroom. American? Tearful breakdowns from the witness stand with full disclosure of adolescent / childhood traumas that warped the defendant's character. Punctuate that with an occasional yelling matches ("YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!") between the respective counsels and televised coverage and you've got winner there!

Final episode of the season? Brave and virtuous soliloquy of the convicted (close up on his oral hygeine) with the actual execution by firing squad-uniformed by sponsors. The whole kit and kaboodle sponsored by Crelm tootpaste.

< Message edited by Chickenboy -- 10/7/2011 7:05:19 PM >

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 5509
RE: Allied TF Behaviour - 10/7/2011 7:28:41 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

Alfred

Wouldn't the US Navy have to AGREE to the action first, under the principle of Sovereign Immunity?

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 5510
RE: Allied TF Behaviour - 10/7/2011 7:30:42 PM   
Cap Mandrake

As for Royal Sovereign...it appears the princple of Sovereign Immunity did NOT apply to her.

The funny thing about Formidable is the Admiralty wants her back (hehe).

Post #: 5511
RE: Allied TF Behaviour - 10/7/2011 7:30:50 PM   
witpqs

Isn't DCH's time all taken up right now with the delaying the sonar upgrades to save the left-handed sea-spiral or something?

Post #: 5512
RE: Allied TF Behaviour - 10/7/2011 7:35:31 PM   
Alfred

quote:

quote:

Alfred

Wouldn't the US Navy have to AGREE to the action first, under the principle of Sovereign Immunity?

Aha, but then you would have the reviewable point as to whether "Sovereign Immunity" applies to the US Navy. Which in turn would require a thorough examination of what is "Sovereign Immunity". In the meantime, the aforementioned skipper would still be drawing his full remuneration.

Yep, I reckon we would probably get to see two A-bombs dropped on Japan before that legal dance were to be concluded.

Alfred

Post #: 5513
RE: Allied TF Behaviour - 10/7/2011 9:50:08 PM   
Cap Mandrake

There is also this exculpatory fact. Captain of North Carolina was not TF commander in the little incident with Hyuga.

He could claim, "I vas yust following ze orders"

Then he would have Sovereign Immunity AND the Nuremburg Defence. Throw in the maltreatment by his alcoholic step-father when he was 8 and the Captain could end up owning Subic Bay and Pearl Harbor.

The best solution is a negotiated retirement, a modest pension and probably the witness protection program.

Post #: 5514
RE: Allied TF Behaviour - 10/8/2011 5:26:21 AM   
Cap Mandrake

Air losses from the 12th

Attachment (1)

Post #: 5515
RE: Allied TF Behaviour - 10/8/2011 5:36:26 AM   
Cap Mandrake

Ship losses from the 12th. Kirishima was reported hit by one aerial torpedo but it seems more likely to have been an already damaged Hyuga. I am not convinced the BB was sunk.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 5516
RE: Allied TF Behaviour - 10/8/2011 5:45:35 AM   
Cap Mandrake

"Kab" Calloway is in command of the North Carolina taffy. He may need the witness protection program too.

In fairness, the DD's in the force are virtually out of ammo.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 5517
RE: Allied TF Behaviour - 10/8/2011 5:50:25 AM   
Cap Mandrake

Here he is during happier days (Christmas Jubilee, Coronado Officer's Club, 1938)

Post #: 5518
RE: Allied TF Behaviour - 10/8/2011 6:17:32 AM   
Alfred

quote:

"Kab" Calloway is in command of the North Carolina taffy. He may need the witness protection program too.

In fairness, the DD's in the force are virtually out of ammo.

Good thing you didn't not commence any action against the North Carolina skipper.

Section 6.3.5 of the manual comments on what causes a TF to retreat from combat. They retreat when a single ship in the TF is down to less than 1/3 of normal main gun ammo left. Almost certainly, one of the DDs is the culprit.

Alfred

Post #: 5519
RE: Allied TF Behaviour - 10/8/2011 11:01:36 AM   
Itdepends

quote:

I'm wondering if M&M Enterprises has a mobile "flying" courts martial unit that they can move around from place to place where this battlefield justice must be meted. It'd be easy enough to fit it for various and sundry Allied troops.

For comedy relief I think you'd get better ratings if the English prosecutor was John Cleese, of course then instead of a flying court martial unit it'd become a bit of a circus. Perhaps instead of M&M you could use MP instead.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 5520
Page:   <<   < prev  182 183 [184] 185 186   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Allied TF Behaviour Page: <<   < prev  182 183 [184] 185 186   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI