Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Hearts and Minds

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Hearts and Minds Page: <<   < prev  239 240 [241] 242 243   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Hearts and Minds - 4/6/2012 11:13:45 PM   
jeffk3510

Andre...it was a joke about 007 lol

Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.

Currently chasing three kids around the Midwest.

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 7201
RE: Hearts and Minds - 4/7/2012 4:19:03 AM   
Moondawggie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

The short little India(Asian Indian) guy with the hot wife who was taller than he...the same guy who got rid of his Lambo because it scraped on the driveway when he went up the hill, trading it in for a Rolls with an ugly brown color that he drove 150 yds to put up balloons for his son's birthday party...you know...that guy. Well he moved out and the guy who bought his house is somehow involved in foreclosing on homes. The new guy told me with a cheery smile that the industry consultants say the real estate market won't even start to recover till 2014. It would appear he has discovered a vein of silver or gold in his back yard as he is headed off somewhere this morning to play. He has a brand new bus-type motor home with a massive deisel engine in his driveway AND a brand new Escalade with a trailer and a brand new Quadrunner and some crazy gasoline powered golf cart thingy with a roll cage. This one guy has more working vehicles than our boys at Port Hedrand.

He got his motor home stuck going up the driveway yesterday...the back end scraped and the rear wheels were at their limit of supension travel. Pocahantas Girl had to come out and help..I'm not sure how they got the thing off the shoals...I think she had her ex send out the Boys from Morelia who work at his RV sales business.

In any event, they are ready to go now, the Escalade motor (with custom mufflers...in other words..gone..and pimp wheels) has been running for an hour while he is screwing around with the electrical cables or EW jamming pod or something. Even the trailer is brand new with hydraulic supports and tailgate. I am not making this up. There isn't one vehicle that has a license plate yet. It's as if he just walked into a showroom and said "gimme one of those and one of those and one of these and..what else you got?"

Meanwhile I have to work tonight. That is the part that really ticks me off.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for capitalism but...Madre de Dios...have a little class. It's the freakin' Clampets without a banjo.

I have to admit, this represents a troubling development to once again challenge the near-divine comportment you have displayed dealing with your neighbors.

Let me offer a little biblical advice: Do not covet your neighbor's goods, nor his wife.

So quit thinking about his wheels.

But let me also point out (using Clintonian parsing), the commandments technically offer no advice nor admonition about how to respond if/when his wife decides that she covets you...

It's Southern California, Mandrake: Do the right thing, and go in peace, my son...

"The Yankees got all the smart ones, and look where it got them."

General George Pickett, the night before Gettysburg

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 7202
RE: Hearts and Minds - 4/7/2012 4:41:21 AM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moondawggie

quote:

The short little India(Asian Indian) guy with the hot wife who was taller than he...the same guy who got rid of his Lambo because it scraped on the driveway when he went up the hill, trading it in for a Rolls with an ugly brown color that he drove 150 yds to put up balloons for his son's birthday party...you know...that guy. Well he moved out and the guy who bought his house is somehow involved in foreclosing on homes. The new guy told me with a cheery smile that the industry consultants say the real estate market won't even start to recover till 2014. It would appear he has discovered a vein of silver or gold in his back yard as he is headed off somewhere this morning to play. He has a brand new bus-type motor home with a massive deisel engine in his driveway AND a brand new Escalade with a trailer and a brand new Quadrunner and some crazy gasoline powered golf cart thingy with a roll cage. This one guy has more working vehicles than our boys at Port Hedrand.

He got his motor home stuck going up the driveway yesterday...the back end scraped and the rear wheels were at their limit of supension travel. Pocahantas Girl had to come out and help..I'm not sure how they got the thing off the shoals...I think she had her ex send out the Boys from Morelia who work at his RV sales business.

In any event, they are ready to go now, the Escalade motor (with custom mufflers...in other words..gone..and pimp wheels) has been running for an hour while he is screwing around with the electrical cables or EW jamming pod or something. Even the trailer is brand new with hydraulic supports and tailgate. I am not making this up. There isn't one vehicle that has a license plate yet. It's as if he just walked into a showroom and said "gimme one of those and one of those and one of these and..what else you got?"

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for capitalism but...Madre de Dios...have a little class. It's the freakin' Clampets without a banjo.

I have to admit, this represents a troubling development to once again challenge the near-divine comportment you have displayed dealing with your neighbors.

Let me offer a little biblical advice: Do not covet your neighbor's goods, nor his wife.

But let me also point out (using Clintonian parsing), the commandments technically offer no advice nor admonition about how to respond if/when his wife decides that she covets you...

It's Southern California, Mandrake: Do the right thing, and go in peace, my son...

No, the hot wife, the Asian Indian one who was 5-6 inches taller than her husband, moved out. I haven't met Jethro's wife yet.

I don't really covet the 200 hp golf cart either. Not my cup of tea. I did rent a motor home once. Pretty fun till I backed it into a tree branch.

I forgot to mention that...or maybe I didn't and just forgot that I did mention it...that the Clampets built this silly, but substantial water slide on the hill behind their house. Gunite, tile, fake rocks...the whole nine yards.....Las Vegas kitch. Maybe they found the vein of gold when they were building that?

Much worse is I missed the 7 couple dinner party with a 7 deadly sin theme that Pocahantas Girl (the one that went commando in the police-mini-skirt thing on Halloween) threw tonight while I am working

Lobster macaroni, cioppino, oysters, 7 rib prime rib roast, yorkshire pudding.

(in reply to Moondawggie)
Post #: 7203
RE: Hearts and Minds - 4/7/2012 4:55:02 AM   
witpqs

Just stop at In 'n Out on the way home.

Post #: 7204
RE: Hearts and Minds - 4/7/2012 5:59:14 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

Much worse is I missed the 7 couple dinner party with a 7 deadly sin theme that Pocahantas Girl (the one that went commando in the police-mini-skirt thing on Halloween) threw tonight while I am working

Lobster macaroni, cioppino, oysters, 7 rib prime rib roast, yorkshire pudding

Just for the record, were you intending to represent lust, or gluttony if you went to the party?

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Post #: 7205
RE: Hearts and Minds - 4/7/2012 7:33:02 AM   
Itdepends

I'm sure I've seen a photo of the captain around and I don't think he'd be able to pull off the personification of lust unless he was applying for the role of supporting (actor, personification of)

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 7206
RE: Hearts and Minds - 4/7/2012 1:46:13 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Lobster macaroni, cioppino, oysters, 7 rib prime rib roast, yorkshire pudding.

Wow! That's impressive fare for the hospital cafeteria! What did your neighbors with the hot Pocohantas party leader have?

Post #: 7207
RE: Hearts and Minds - 4/7/2012 3:32:13 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

Just for the record, were you intending to represent lust, or gluttony if you went to the party?

Perahps he lusts for yorkshire pudding....

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 7208
RE: Hearts and Minds - 4/7/2012 3:38:53 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

I thought the original one was...

...thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's...

So there you go Mandrake. As long as you dont covet thy neighbor's ass you should be good to go.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

Post #: 7209
RE: Hearts and Minds - 4/7/2012 3:43:12 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: CannonBait

quote:

*********SE Tanna Is., July 20, 1942(c)***********

Sergeant of the Tannanese 1st Light Infantry with his stripes tattood onto his bare shoulders:
Good. Here why we have feast. <he pauses briefly to honor the cook with two quick toots of flatulence and a loud belch. This is quickly echoed by the other Tannanese in a call and response fashion much to the amusement of the Japan men. The level of skill is evident as the flatulence is delivered in 3 part harmony. The combination of a Spam and fresh fig diet is evident. When the air has cleared a bit, the Sargeant looks directly at his guests> Shinto crap religion. Cargo cult better. Ensign McGoo bring Spam...........

I had to actualy break down and register (or re-register, coulda sworn I'd set one up ... ) just to comment. Firstly, you're all incredibly sick, keep up the excellent work!

Welcome aboard Cannon. The notion of communicating by farting was "sampled" from Kurt Vonnegut...but he pretty much stole it from Aesop.

quote:

Secondly is part statement, part question: Am I the only person that immediately got a 'mental image', to use the term loosly, of this sounding like "The Music Box" (may have name wrong, instrumental only (piano))?

No, I'm pretty sure you are the only one.

Wow, Cap, CannonBait sounds like an educated, sophisticated, intelligent gentleman who can appreciate subtlety and nuance.

What the heck is he doing here?

Sinking to the level of puerile innuendo and bathroom humor, obviously.

Post #: 7210
RE: Hearts and Minds - 4/7/2012 3:44:44 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

******************Bali Hai Dance Club, Perth, Dec 16, 1942(c)****************

Idi Amin Dada, Bartender For Life: Boss, how come one side no give up at Port Hedland?

Man in fine linen slacks: Why do you think they might not, Idi?

Idi Amin Dada, Bartender For Life: Pride?

Man in fine linen slacks: No, that's what they tell the soldiers, but it is not the real explanation.

Idi Amin Dada, Bartender For Life: Colonialsim?

Man in fine linen slacks: Oh, good Lord, Idi, no, that is so early 20th. Why deal with restive locals when you can just spread some lucre around and sign a contract? Yossarian, you crazy SOB, you want to take this one?

Hirsute man with drink: Scarcity, Idi, scarcity.

Man in fine linen slacks: PRECISELY! Both sides are intermittently starving to death.

Idi Amin Dada, Bartender For Life: That is terrible.

Hirsute man with drink: Not in Milo's world it isn't.

Man in fine linen slacks: You are both right. Starvation is good precisely because it is bad. It has a powerful ability to align incentives. Starvation is scarcity and the color of scarcity is....

Idi Amin Dada, Bartender For Life: Green?

Grasshopper learn lessons well...

Post #: 7211
RE: Hearts and Minds - 4/7/2012 3:57:26 PM   
Cap Mandrake

********Dec. 17, 1942(c)*********

PH: We turned the AK's around and sent them back to PH. A day's rest for the F4F's and P-38's was welcome as the 10 aircraft assinged to LRCAP easily defeated the Betty and Nell raids with the loss of Netties and Zeroes. It would seem the remaining mediums and B-17's are doing a number on PH as there is no LYB attack. 2 dozen M-10's rolled into PH yesterday from the West! This is a milestone and I thin, means the eventual defeat for LYB forces there. A land link is now established and we have our first armor. US 32nd ID is starting to get infantry squads back. Things are looking good as long as they don't get fighters back in the airfield.

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 7212
RE: Hearts and Minds - 4/7/2012 4:03:10 PM   
witpqs

Attachment (1)

Post #: 7213
RE: Hearts and Minds - 4/7/2012 4:07:46 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Darwin/Katherine: First truly hard-hitting raid on Darwin. LYB defences are revealed to be Vals and Oscars.

Morning Air attack on Darwin , at 76,124

Weather in hex: Overcast

Raid detected at 40 NM, estimated altitude 13,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 13 minutes

Japanese aircraft
Ki-43-Ic Oscar x 24

Allied aircraft
B-24D Liberator x 52

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-43-Ic Oscar: 1 destroyed
Ki-43-Ic Oscar: 1 destroyed on ground
D3A2 Val: 2 destroyed on ground
D3A1 Val: 1 destroyed on ground

Allied aircraft losses
B-24D Liberator: 9 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
4 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Airbase hits 7
Airbase supply hits 2
Runway hits 32

A couple more days like this and Darwin airfield will be non-operational except perhaps for fighters. I don't know if we will have enough time to take out Wyndham. The Darwin landing group should be about halfway between Brisbane and Townsville. We didn't have enough pigmentation in the landing group so Torres Strait Bn. is embarking at Townsville for Bathurst. Minesweepers arriving at Horn Is. Indiana and Washington were supposed to be following the amphibious group but got antsy and are out ahead for some reason.

British and Australian troops arrived at outskirts of Katherine so they are now unequivocally spotted. B-17's and LB-30's from Merauke attacked LYB 20th Div at Katherine. We shall see if this cuases any LYB troops to leave Darwin.

Post #: 7214
RE: Hearts and Minds - 4/7/2012 4:14:06 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Dutch New Guinea: Bombers went after the SeaBees at Timaoke. This, was just going to be a fighter base to cover Dobo and a PT boat rearming station but the couple of hundred SeaBees there have attracted enormous attention. There is a big SCTF moving down from Ambon and a carrier, perhaps a CVL SE of Timor.

Gove: Trying to get in enough supplies in so the F4F's can sweep over Darwin with drop tanks.

Post #: 7215
RE: Hearts and Minds - 4/7/2012 4:17:16 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

...thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's...

So there you go Mandrake. As long as you dont covet thy neighbor's ass you should be good to go.

I guess I did already..on the ass I mean..but unless you count Saul, the Mexican gardener with the Jewish name, I don't think anyone has "manservants" around here.

Anyone with an "ox" is going to get their highly coveted "ass" reamed by the HOA. It's in the CC&R's.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 4/7/2012 4:19:01 PM >

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 7216
RE: Hearts and Minds - 4/7/2012 4:42:07 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

********Dec. 17, 1942(c)*********

PH: We turned the AK's around and sent them back to PH. A day's rest for the F4F's and P-38's was welcome as the 10 aircraft assinged to LRCAP easily defeated the Betty and Nell raids with the loss of Netties and Zeroes. It would seem the remaining mediums and B-17's are doing a number on PH as there is no LYB attack. 2 dozen M-10's rolled into PH yesterday from the West! This is a milestone and I thin, means the eventual defeat for LYB forces there. A land link is now established and we have our first armor. US 32nd ID is starting to get infantry squads back. Things are looking good as long as they don't get fighters back in the airfield.

Hey, that is good news for the Allies. It means that you probably won't be liquidated in situ at PH in the (increasingly unlikely) event that JJ manages to gin up a >2:1 attack again. Can we ask for a screenie of hexside control of PH? Assuming that you didn't read the manual, it's the "W" key.

Post #: 7217
RE: Hearts and Minds - 4/7/2012 4:46:36 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes, exactly, it was the 7 courses of the meal that were supposed to represent the 7 dealy sins. They were still going when I got off work at 9:30 so I caught some of the courses. Of course, they were 2 hrs. ahead of me on drinking. The women were having a contest to see who could use the F-word the most by the time I got there. I was easily the least cognitively impaired but sadly, there was no disrobing.

Gluttony was the lobster and Andouille macaroni which was, without a doubt, the best ******* macaroni I ever had.

Sloth was the slow-cooked prime rib. It was a beautiful thing..7 ribs, beautifully seared, fantastic rub on the outside. The one chic who used the F-word the most was a "vegetarian". She declined the prime rib but she found the carrots which had sat at the bottom of the roast pan for 5 hrs and had bathed in liquid beef fat and were half-encrusted with beef drippings...you know what I mean..that crispy, salty, glutamate rush that nothing that ever came out of the ground will ever achieve on it's own. She was literally squirming in her chair with her eyes half rolled back in her head making animal sounds. I thought she was going to leave a wet spot.

Somebody made a fig pudding with vanilla ice cream and a hot butter cream sauce. It was insanely good. Not sure what sin that was but holy ******* **** that was ******* good.

Lust was oyster shooters, raw oysters in vodka and that hot red stuff from that island in Louisiana. That was ******* good too. I had to use a fork to eat the oyster because I wasn't going to slurp an oyster that big. All the women made fun of me claimimg they had to do things like that all the time. Wow, there was some serious ******* drinking going on before I got there.

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 7218
RE: Hearts and Minds - 4/7/2012 5:06:56 PM   
Cap Mandrake

PH and environs (from yesterday). By ra way, do we literally need a unit in every hex between Exmouth and PH to get supply to flow? Pretend I did not read the manual.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 7219
RE: Hearts and Minds - 4/7/2012 5:22:34 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes, exactly, it was the 7 courses of the meal that were supposed to represent the 7 dealy sins. They were still going when I got off work at 9:30 so I caught some of the courses. Of course, they were 2 hrs. ahead of me on drinking. The women were having a contest to see who could use the F-word the most by the time I got there. I was easily the least cognitively impaired but sadly, there was no disrobing.

Gluttony was the lobster and Andouille macaroni which was, without a doubt, the best ******* macaroni I ever had.

Sloth was the slow-cooked prime rib. It was a beautiful thing..7 ribs, beautifully seared, fantastic rub on the outside. The one chic who used the F-word the most was a "vegetarian". She declined the prime rib but she found the carrots which had sat at the bottom of the roast pan for 5 hrs and had bathed in liquid beef fat and were half-encrusted with beef drippings...you know what I mean..that crispy, salty, glutamate rush that nothing that ever came out of the ground will ever achieve on it's own. She was literally squirming in her chair with her eyes half rolled back in her head making animal sounds. I thought she was going to leave a wet spot.

Somebody made a fig pudding with vanilla ice cream and a hot butter cream sauce. It was insanely good. Not sure what sin that was but holy ******* **** that was ******* good.

Lust was oyster shooters, raw oysters in vodka and that hot red stuff from that island in Louisiana. That was ******* good too. I had to use a fork to eat the oyster because I wasn't going to slurp an oyster that big. All the women made fun of me claimimg they had to do things like that all the time. Wow, there was some serious ******* drinking going on before I got there.

Best description of the party's atmosphere I ever read. No wonder you put up with the HOA to stay in the neighbourhood!

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Post #: 7220
RE: Hearts and Minds - 4/7/2012 6:12:20 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

PH and environs (from yesterday). By ra way, do we literally need a unit in every hex between Exmouth and PH to get supply to flow? Pretend I did not read the manual.

Yes. We will pretend you didn't read the manual. No. You do not need a unit in every hex between Exmouth and PH to get supply to flow. You'll get supply through, but it will be slow.

Post #: 7221
RE: Hearts and Minds - 4/7/2012 7:18:35 PM   
witpqs

Definitely send supply ships.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 7222
RE: Hearts and Minds - 4/8/2012 10:34:43 AM   
Itdepends

Hey Sprior I note in the news tonight (on multiple channels) that an Aussie activist messed up the annual Oxford/Cambridge rowing race protesting against elitism (and the coverage wasn't complimentary).

Like many activists he's got little regard for the rights of others- just his message. Bloody idiot.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 7223
RE: Hearts and Minds - 4/8/2012 5:08:37 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Itdepends

Hey Sprior I note in the news tonight (on multiple channels) that an Aussie activist messed up the annual Oxford/Cambridge rowing race protesting against elitism (and the coverage wasn't complimentary).

Like many activists he's got little regard for the rights of others- just his message. Bloody idiot.

Bloody 1 percenters. Oxford has .0000000001% of the world's population and uses 20% of the rowing resources. You will never see a subsistence fisherman in Bangladesh in an 8 man racing shell.

<gets story idea>

(in reply to Itdepends)
Post #: 7224
RE: Hearts and Minds - 4/8/2012 5:24:55 PM   
Cap Mandrake

***********Bathurst Is., Dec. 17, 1942(c)*********

A dozen ripe-smelling and scabies-infested men and women (I think) are painting posters and playing bongo drums amid a cluster of dirty tents on the beach.

Hirsute man: What the Hell are you crazy SOB's doing? This is a minefield!

Even more hirsute and foul-smelling guy: We are Occupy Tawi!

Hirsute man: But this is MINEFIELD, you crazy SOB!

Even more hirsute and foul-smelling guy: These are symbols of the captialist war machine. We reject this minefield.

Hirsute man: But you can't simply "reject" minefield's. You could be killed or even maimed.

Even more hirsute and foul-smelling guy: Bring us the one you call Milo.

Hirsute man: Milo? Are you crazy. <lowers voice and turns to Father O'brien> Padre, can't you do something? The landing is in less than a week. We are getting paid to supply a map of the minefield. We can't have beatniks lying about.

Father O'brien: Sorry, Yossarian. I thinked I may have erred with that sermon on Liberation Theology.

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 7225
RE: Hearts and Minds - 4/8/2012 5:59:32 PM   
Chickenboy

Father O'Brien-that was supposed to be about liberation theology, not liberal theology.

Post #: 7226
RE: Hearts and Minds - 4/8/2012 6:05:44 PM   
khyberbill

My personal devotions are to liberal libations.

"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 7227
RE: Hearts and Minds - 4/10/2012 4:22:57 AM   
Moondawggie

quote:

***********Bathurst Is., Dec. 17, 1942(c)*********

A dozen ripe-smelling and scabies-infested men and women (I think) are painting posters and playing bongo drums amid a cluster of dirty tents on the beach.

Hirsute man: What the Hell are you crazy SOB's doing? This is a minefield!

Even more hirsute and foul-smelling guy: We are Occupy Tawi!

Hirsute man: But this is MINEFIELD, you crazy SOB!

Even more hirsute and foul-smelling guy: These are symbols of the captialist war machine. We reject this minefield.

Hirsute man: But you can't simply "reject" minefield's. You could be killed or even maimed.

Even more hirsute and foul-smelling guy: Bring us the one you call Milo.

Hirsute man: Milo? Are you crazy. <lowers voice and turns to Father O'brien> Padre, can't you do something? The landing is in less than a week. We are getting paid to supply a map of the minefield. We can't have beatniks lying about.

Father O'brien: Sorry, Yossarian. I thinked I may have erred with that sermon on Liberation Theology.

I'd sugget Yossarian acquire some "prescription medication substrate" from the M&M Enterprises MMDD (Medical Marijuana Dispensary Division), with offices conveniently located throughout all of California, and dispense the product generously as compensation for Mr. Minderbinder's inablity to meet with them personally on the beach.

Once Yossarian has been generous with the "medicinal substrate," allowing a few hours for letting the bongo-players on the beach indulge, then pretty soon the mine-field map issue should be moot; the mines will be "disabled," one way or the other...

Or, as an old 3rd Marine Division Gunny once explained to me, "Hey, Doc, cool it! Mine detectors are where you find them..."

Post #: 7228
RE: Hearts and Minds - 4/10/2012 5:02:24 AM   
Moondawggie

quote:

quote:

quote:

Best description of the party's atmosphere I ever read. No wonder you put up with the HOA to stay in the neighbourhood!

Darn, Cap, you should have called in sick to get out of your call shift that evening!

It must be nice to live with the "Real Housewives of Orange County" --- oops, sorry, now I'm guilty of Envy .

By the ray, what dinner course was "envy?"

One final question: Did Pocahontas go commando once again? As Nimitz inquired of Halsey, "The world wonders?"

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 7229
RE: Hearts and Minds - 4/10/2012 4:06:15 PM   
Cap Mandrake

I, of course, do not know if Pocahontas went commando because there were no skimpy costumes. She has formed a company to market her "idea". The way she was talking I thought it might be the next Facebook. As far as I can tell, it involves sex and the marketing strategy will be "customers get it for free but businesses have to pay".

Evidently, I am viewed as some titan of industry and some kind of competitive threat as I am not an insider. In fact, all the insiders have already signed "NDA's" and were giggling about it at the party. Perhaps the reason I knew what an "NDA" was is the reason I am not permitted to know the source code. I did hear about one "product" obliquely from across the table and frankly, I don't know how it is going to "stay on".

Post #: 7230
Page:   <<   < prev  239 240 [241] 242 243   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Hearts and Minds Page: <<   < prev  239 240 [241] 242 243   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI