Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Robusto Havana

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Robusto Havana Page: <<   < prev  308 309 [310] 311 312   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Robusto Havana - 10/8/2012 5:10:50 PM   
Gridley380

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Oh, goodness no. The Japanese Empire can produce resources via its unicorn-powered factories on gumdrop lane. Fairy princesses (alright, so they're in kabuki) help convert fuel from oil.

Ah, that's how our glorious leader intends to make us oil independent! I thought the unicorns only printed free money and allowed healthcare without doctors.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

Oops...yes..knew that. What is the guy in the back called?

If he's far enough back, he's called a REMF.

Congrats on liberating New Scotland from the French. Er... LYB's.

This post may be offensive to some readers. They are welcome to verbally harass me, though normally they won't say anything worth responding to.

< Message edited by Gridley380 -- 10/8/2012 5:12:19 PM >

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 9271
RE: Robusto Havana - 10/8/2012 5:57:54 PM   
Argos

Point - First - your snake spotter
Slack - second - your screamers
Tail End Charlie - lion bait

I got a good laugh confirming I didn't have my terms screwed up - apparently the Special Warfare Training School at Fort Bragg, NC is referred to by some as John Wayne High School...

< Message edited by Argos -- 10/8/2012 6:00:56 PM >

(in reply to Gridley380)
Post #: 9272
RE: Robusto Havana - 10/8/2012 8:16:41 PM   
sprior

quote:

Fairy princesses
Oh my God, they're using RAF PoWs?

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 9273
RE: Robusto Havana - 10/8/2012 9:05:34 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

quote:

Fairy princesses
Oh my God, they're using RAF PoWs?

Damn! Incoming message and I left the rotor at home.

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 9274
RE: Robusto Havana - 10/8/2012 9:31:32 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

Oops...yes..knew that. What is the guy in the back called?

No Brokeback Mountain jokes either.

That would be rear guard (or rearguard); or campaign manager; or even attorney.

Really? I thought since vanguard means at the front, sternguard would be at the aft end of the line. Y'know - like the doorman at the popular club you tried to get into.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 9275
RE: Robusto Havana - 10/8/2012 10:00:09 PM   
CaptDave

quote:

So I take SG and the little girls out to Creverand National Forest, "The Land of Many Uses" (..mostly pot growing) for a hike. The sign on the trailhead warns of rattlers and mountian lions. I happen to know they aren't bluffing so SG is assigned point and I will bring up the van. 300 yds in SG and the littlest one barely miss stepping on a coiled up rattler. So much for point duties, eh?

There is much screaming and wailing but we decide to push on. I take point and SG is assinged the job of scanning the bushes for mountian lion ambushes. We make it without further attack and manage to skirt about 40 acres of poison oak. It was a blast.

Didn't you give them any sticks to hit together to scare the mountain lions away? [Old movie reference, for the benefit of you youngsters on the forum -- although it was remade in 1998.]

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 9276
Monsier Montchamp - 10/9/2012 5:08:27 AM   
Cap Mandrake

****************New Edinburgh Flag Raising Ceremony, New Edinburgh, Feb. 11, 1943(c)**********************

Monsier Montchamp: Bon jour , monsier, I am Monsier Montchamp, Governor General of French Caledonia. I have been governor general du Chad for 28 years.

Sunburnt man in kilt: Sod off!*

* Is this what an angry man in a kilt would say?

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 10/9/2012 5:13:24 AM >

Post #: 9277
RE: Monsier Montchamp - 10/9/2012 5:09:35 AM   
Cap Mandrake

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 10/9/2012 5:11:28 AM >

Post #: 9278
RE: Robusto Havana - 10/9/2012 5:19:09 AM   
Cap Mandrake

My herb garden is finally thriving. I now have about 400 kg of mint leaves.

I have two major options. Moroccan cooking or Mojitos. SG made the deicsion. What do you think happend?

NOTE: I already took 300 kg to the office and the Hispanic chicas went nuts for the Hierba Buena.

Post #: 9279
RE: Robusto Havana - 10/9/2012 7:30:25 AM   
BBfanboy

I can see it all now - you have a large clear bag of green leaves and an overeager vice cop spots you taking it out of your vehicle. Surveillance, wiretaps and computer tracking follows. They are trying to find out more about the WITP-AE Cartel ...

BTW - SE Asian cuisine uses a lot of fresh mint - you could probably sell to the local Vietnamese market and become an agricultural entrepreneur.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Post #: 9280
RE: Monsier Montchamp - 10/9/2012 12:25:27 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

****************New Edinburgh Flag Raising Ceremony, New Edinburgh, Feb. 11, 1943(c)**********************

Monsier Montchamp: Bon jour , monsier, I am Monsier Montchamp, Governor General of French Caledonia. I have been governor general du Chad for 28 years.

Sunburnt man in kilt: Sod off!*

* Is this what an angry man in a kilt would say?

Perhaps, groundskeeper Willie would also add, "...you cheese-eatin' surrender monkeys!"

Post #: 9281
RE: Robusto Havana - 10/9/2012 12:28:17 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

My herb garden is finally thriving. I now have about 400 kg of mint leaves.

I have two major options. Moroccan cooking or Mojitos. SG made the deicsion. What do you think happend?

NOTE: I already took 300 kg to the office and the Hispanic chicas went nuts for the Hierba Buena.

Dude, you've got to watch mint growth. It'll quickly take over other Mandrake 'herbs', particularly those grown for medicinal purposes.

Post #: 9282
RE: Robusto Havana - 10/9/2012 6:40:04 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

TO: AL-SP:KANDY
TIME: 11:20;11;02;43(C)

SENDING EXTRA BOAT PEOPLE TO RECCE NW AND SW EXITS SINGERS STOP CHIEF BIBLE BASHER DESIRES CLARIFICATION IF SPECIAL AUXILLARY BIBLE BASHERS NEEDED FOR ANY BANDAGE HEADS INVOLVED IN OPERATION STOP SPECIAL ENGINEERING STUDY SUGGESTS YOU NOT USE BIFFIN'S BRIDGE TO CROSS RIVER OBSTACLE BEFORE PALEMBANG END

(in reply to Gridley380)
Post #: 9283
RE: Robusto Havana - 10/9/2012 6:41:44 PM   
witpqs

Some of those historical communiques are just are fascinating!

Post #: 9284
RE: Robusto Havana - 10/9/2012 7:26:16 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Some of those historical communiques are just are fascinating!

Indeed. There is much we can learn from them.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 9285
RE: Robusto Havana - 10/9/2012 7:40:10 PM   
Cap Mandrake

***********Bali Hai Dance Club, Darwin Feb. 12, 1943(c)************

Young man in fine linen slacks: <supervising hanging of sign that reads "Bank of Israel Advisor Within"> A little to the right...yes...that's it!

Hirsute man: Bank of Israel? In a dance hall?

Young man in fine linen slacks: It's not really a bank in the classical sense, you concrete-thinking SOB. It's more of a financial consulting operation..... but we do place trades as well.

Hirsute man: "We"?

Young man in fine linen slacks: Well, truth be told, it's just me so far.

Hirsute man: Golf resort ownership?

Young man in fine linen slacks: No, no, no. That's been done to death. Even the headhunters in New Guinea are onto that. Derivatives, baby, derivatives. That's the ticket.

Hirsute man: I thought you said the color of scarcity is green.

Young man in fine linen slacks: Oh, it is, It is, but you can't count on scarcity forever. People get tired of it. One has to hedge.

Hirsute man: "Hedge"? I assume you don't mean gardening.

Young man in fine linen slacks: No, no, no my topiary SOB. Come inside and I will explain.

Post #: 9286
RE: Robusto Havana - 10/9/2012 10:01:32 PM   
BBfanboy

Given that ancient Israel was defunct in 1943 and the new state of Israel did not proclaim until 1948, I guess "Israel" is a code-name for the head of M&M Enterprises, to keep the LYBs guessing? Oh, and the LWRBs [large white round-eye buggers] too?

Post #: 9287
RE: Robusto Havana - 10/9/2012 10:43:31 PM   
Cap Mandrake

I can't be sure but I suspect he is catering to the influx of Royal Navy types at Darwin.

(in reply to Gridley380)
Post #: 9288
RE: Robusto Havana - 10/10/2012 1:43:43 PM   
sprior

Nice to see the 4th rotor being put to good use. Although it seems to have got stuck at "B".

< Message edited by sprior -- 10/10/2012 1:46:01 PM >

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

Post #: 9289
RE: Robusto Havana - 10/10/2012 3:35:07 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

Nice to see the 4th rotor being put to good use. Although it seems to have got stuck at "B".

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 9290
RE: Robusto Havana - 10/10/2012 7:03:21 PM   
princep01

What are all these AKL's and AK's doing around Swatow (SE China coast)? The sub force is intercepting groups like this almost every day.

Presumably they are moving something.

Mandrake, you asked about these LYB AKLs and AKs a page or so back and queried what they might be up to or what they might mean.  You didn't get a lot of comment that I saw, so here is a plausible explanation of what is going in the world of Japanese industry right now.  IF this is a Scenario 2 game, look at the starting supply/fuel that Japan begins the game with in Scenarios 1 and 2.  They are not the same at all.  While Scenario 2 allows a more robust Japanese military, it taketh away a price.....the LYBs start with less (significantly less) fuel and resource stocks in Scenario 2.  IJN players who are unaware of this often run into an interesting dilema during the game depending on how well they have managed their economy.  Often by May (or so) of 42, the aggressive LYB capitalist runs headlong into a massive tree (pick your species, but I see Crazy 8 running into a large oak tree in Season 1 of Breaking Bad).

I realize it is much later in your game, but the LYBs may now be trying desparately to rebuild a crashed or crashing economy.  If that be the case, then by all means concentrate ALL subs on stopping his merchants.  In fact, it might be worth a small cruiser force or two raiding into trading lanes to catch the slow moving merchants full of the life blood of industry.

Nothing ends a game faster than a collapsed LYB economy!

Post #: 9291
RE: Robusto Havana - 10/11/2012 3:49:12 PM   
Cap Mandrake

***********FOB Mait Tai, Papaete, Feb. 12, 1943(c)***************

Fleet Admiral Mandrake: <monkeying with odd-looking machine that looks like a typewriter with some extra crap on it> DAMNIT! He's right! I HATE that! It IS stuck on "B". Somebody go get Sparks. See if he can fix it.

Lucha: Ummm....boss, you remember You sent him to Amchitka for using generic rum in the Mai Tais.

Fleet Admiral Mandrake: Damnit, that's right! I forgot about that little 5th columnist. Well....see if there is a bunting tosser around or something. This thing ain't workign for ****.

(in reply to princep01)
Post #: 9292
RE: Robusto Havana - 10/11/2012 3:54:30 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

In fact, it might be worth a small cruiser force or two raiding into trading lanes to catch the slow moving merchants full of the life blood of industry.

Cruisers skirting between Beazelbob and the PI or Borneo and the PI to get up to the South China Sea, find the merchies without ground based search planes and then get back to safety without running out of gas! What could possibly go wrong?!

It would be worth a CL and a couple of DD's just for the entertainment value.

I suppose they could drive in from Midway, too.

Post #: 9293
RE: Robusto Havana - 10/11/2012 5:43:57 PM   
BBfanboy

Or maybe just send a cruiser submarine like Narwhal or Argonaut with their 6" guns [if you didn't convert them to cargo subs].
Where is Surcouf (French sub, 2 x 8" guns ) when you need her?
Answer: at the bottom of the sea after being accidentally rammed by a Lykes line xAK (ironic, yes?)

Post #: 9294
RE: Robusto Havana - 10/11/2012 11:37:53 PM   
Cap Mandrake

You know when you have a moment of clarity and the world seems to slow down and you fleetingly possess the ability to percieve great truths?

I had one of those today...at In and Out...the hamburger joint.

I realized the employees there are nicer to me than my own employees, my own kids and WAAAY nicer than Stalker Girl....and it only cost me $6.50...plus I got a burger with grilled onions and fries and a Diet Coke.

So, there I am, marveling at my insight, stuffing my face with fries and an 8 year old patient of mine walks right up and stands about 18 inches away.

8 yr old: Hey!

Me: Hey, what's up man? Why aren't you in school?

8 yr old: Oh, we only have half day all week.

Me: Unions, eh?

8 yr old: What?

Me: Teachers unions. That's why you have half day.

8 yr old: Oh, maybe. Whatever. <he was evidently not too impressed with my political insights>

Me: Man, I wish I had a half day. I gotta go back to work. <desperately hinting because he is still 18 inches away staring at me....but he just stands there...unblinking...so I think...damn I need to add Asperger's syndrome to this kid's problem list..I just keep smiling>

8 yr old: <after about 15 seconds that seem like a glacial epoch> OK, by!

Me: OK, see ya man. <he goes outside and continues to stare at me through glass window like it is a one-way mirror. Next time, it's takeout>

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 10/11/2012 11:38:26 PM >

(in reply to Gridley380)
Post #: 9295
RE: Robusto Havana - 10/12/2012 6:55:23 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

You know when you have a moment of clarity and the world seems to slow down and you fleetingly possess the ability to percieve great truths?

I realized the employees there are nicer to me than my own employees, my own kids and WAAAY nicer than Stalker Girl....and it only cost me $6.50...plus I got a burger with grilled onions and fries and a Diet Coke.

So, there I am, marveling at my insight, stuffing my face with fries and an 8 year old patient of mine walks right up and stands about 18 inches away.

8 yr old: Oh, maybe. Whatever. <he was evidently not too impressed with my political insights>

Me: Man, I wish I had a half day. I gotta go back to work. <desperately hinting because he is still 18 inches away staring at me....but he just stands there...unblinking...so I think...damn I need to add Asperger's syndrome to this kid's problem list..I just keep smiling>

Me: OK, see ya man. <he goes outside and continues to stare at me through glass window like it is a one-way mirror. Next time, it's takeout>

Well, maybe he is a fan of this AAR and he can't help staring at a celebrity!
Sorry to say though, the Nobel prize for Literature has already been announced for this year and the names on the cheque [over $1 M] were not Cap Mandrake and Sprior.

Post #: 9296
RE: Robusto Havana - 10/12/2012 9:58:57 AM   
moore4807

quote:

8 yr old POV: yeah right! Mom tells me I'll grow up to be a fat and sloppy mess if I keep eating junk food... Wait til I tell her what I saw my Doc eating!

Post #: 9297
RE: Robusto Havana - 10/12/2012 10:00:57 AM   
FOW

quote:

***********FOB Mait Tai, Papaete, Feb. 12, 1943(c)***************

Fleet Admiral Mandrake: <monkeying with odd-looking machine that looks like a typewriter with some extra crap on it> DAMNIT! He's right! I HATE that! It IS stuck on "B". Somebody go get Sparks. See if he can fix it.

Lucha: Ummm....boss, you remember You sent him to Amchitka for using generic rum in the Mai Tais.

Fleet Admiral Mandrake: Damnit, that's right! I forgot about that little 5th columnist. Well....see if there is a bunting tosser around or something. This thing ain't workign for ****.

Is Lucha FAM's 'doggie'?
Just hope he doesn't have a brain-fart and sends a grubber with 'is equaliser and banjo it!

Post #: 9298
RE: Robusto Havana - 10/12/2012 12:57:50 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

Well, maybe he is a fan of this AAR and he can't help staring at a celebrity!
Sorry to say though, the Nobel prize for Literature has already been announced for this year and the names on the cheque [over $1 M] were not Cap Mandrake and Sprior.

$1M? Pfft...big deal. In Mandrake's world, that will scarcely pay for the outdoor grill and water feature.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 9299
RE: Robusto Havana - 10/12/2012 1:00:23 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: FOW

Just hope he doesn't have a brain-fart and sends a grubber with 'is equaliser and banjo it!

Cor! I should 'ope not!

(in reply to FOW)
Post #: 9300
Page:   <<   < prev  308 309 [310] 311 312   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Robusto Havana Page: <<   < prev  308 309 [310] 311 312   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI