Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Wound my heart with a monotonous languor

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Wound my heart with a monotonous languor Page: <<   < prev  424 425 [426] 427 428   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Wound my heart with a monotonous languor - 8/8/2013 2:44:59 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: FOW

Did one of your staff flunkies previously hold a posting to Wheeler Field in Dec 41(c)?

If so he must have had all the planes lined up in the middle of the airfield to protect them from saboteurs and got them bombed - again!

Well, I did find a 1st Lt Short. You don't think?

I think this may also be a problem. Maybe in the last Beta? I should have read the update notes. I think we might have gone over the top on the micromanagement thing.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to FOW)
Post #: 12751
RE: Wound my heart with a monotonous languor - 8/8/2013 4:06:03 PM   
Cap Mandrake

*******Sports Physical for football, tough ass 14 year old************

FAM: Are you having any bone or joint problems?

Tough ass 14 year old: Yeah, my feet hurt all the time.

FAM: Well, let's take a look at your feet then. <he is wearing boarder shoes (a slab of rubber with canvas sewn own). They look like an African elephant borrowed them for a day. His feet look like they have no bones. They just spread out to occupy the space available> Ah, there's your problem. You have flat feet. You need support. I would suggest a pair of New Balance...

Tough ass 14 year old: <with utter disdain he cuts me off> I'm not wearing running shoes!

Mom of tough-assed 14 year old: <slightly embarrassed at her son's rudeness> He's kind of stubborn. He has a look he's going for.

FAM: Fair enough.

Tough ass 14 year old: But my feet hurt all the time.

FAM: <now I am starting to get annoyed but I continue to pretend to smile> There is no surgery option. There is no medicine to fix this. You are going to have this your whole life. We can get you some inserts but they wont work in these shoes.

Tough ass 14 year old: I told you I'm not wearin' those things.

FAM: How about Asics then?

Tough ass 14 year old: <shakes his head>

Mom of tough-assed 14 year old: What about Nike, sweetheart? <this just pisses him off, calling him "sweetheart". It is also a serious abuse of the Engrish language>

Tough ass 14 year old: No way!

FAM: Well, there is option M.

Tough ass 14 year old: Yeah?

FAM: NASA is planning a mission to Mars in a decade or two. The zero G would help. Until then you are just going to have to stop complaining.

His mom laughed. The 14 year old did not think it funny. He will probably never come back to see me. I got over it pretty fast. I ordered a bunch of blood tests.

I am shocked sometimes by the way teenage boys treat their moms. Teen girls can be bad as well but the macho, king of the universe, testosterone-fueled crap from a 138 lbr is seriously annoying.

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 12752
RE: Wound my heart with a monotonous languor - 8/8/2013 8:42:29 PM   
BBfanboy

Sadly, there is a high probability that lad will treat every other woman in his life with the same disdain, and probably physically abuse them too. At least until some desirable female with solid self-respect tells him to get stuffed, repeatedly. Sometimes that turns on the lights in the testosterone fog.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Post #: 12753
RE: Wound my heart with a monotonous languor - 8/8/2013 9:50:55 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

Batan Is. (before the raid) 39 Spits/P-40K, 20 C-47, 12 PBY

79 engines on the ground based aircraft, 103 counting the seaplanes.

Level 3 airfield, level 2 forts

14th Marine Def Bn for AAA

AV support level? I don't suppose an Air HQ is within range either?

Post #: 12754
RE: Wound my heart with a monotonous languor - 8/8/2013 10:48:26 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

I think there is about 150 AV support. There is an air HQ at Vigan. I think its V Bomber Command. Might be in range. Does that really affect ground aircraft losses? Repair, yes, but ground losses due to a raid?

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 12755
RE: Wound my heart with a monotonous languor - 8/8/2013 11:19:27 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think there is about 150 AV support. There is an air HQ at Vigan. I think its V Bomber Command. Might be in range. Does that really affect ground aircraft losses? Repair, yes, but ground losses due to a raid?

Of course - you need an Air HQ to tell you where to park your planes, and how to suck eggs!

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Post #: 12756
RE: Wound my heart with a monotonous languor - 8/9/2013 1:04:02 AM   
Cap Mandrake

OK, I checked. 100 Aviation support at Batan Is.

Gen Kenney and the Fifth Air Force RAMF's are at Vigan. Their cheap Japanese transistor radios only reach 5 hexes.

The Bishop of Manila is still at Milo's Breastaurant. He is having trouble not looking at the Filipino headlights.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 8/9/2013 1:06:44 AM >

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 12757
RE: Wound my heart with a monotonous languor - 8/9/2013 1:17:35 AM   
Cap Mandrake

************Milo's Breastaurant, Batangas*********

Aracelli, one of the cocktail waitresses, brings another round of whiskey. She's beautiful, did I mention that? She leans forward slowly and quite obviously on purpose. Newtonian physics takes over and there is some skin/costume separation with nipplage.

Bishop O'Doherty: <in a moment of weakness, his reptilian brain, which he has been trying to suppress for 3 decades, throws off the bondage of his neocortex and he looks...too long...he is aware his mouth is open. He closes his eyes> Hail Mary, full of grace.....

Post #: 12758
RE: Wound my heart with a monotonous languor - 8/9/2013 1:21:25 AM   
Cap Mandrake

Check this out. Bishop O'Doherty of Manila is the only one since 1861 without a picture. I wonder what is going to happen to him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archbishop_of_Manila

Post #: 12759
RE: Wound my heart with a monotonous languor - 8/9/2013 3:38:35 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

************Milo's Breastaurant, Batangas*********

Aracelli, one of the cocktail waitresses, brings another round of whiskey. She's beautiful, did I mention that? She leans forward slowly and quite obviously on purpose. Newtonian physics takes over and there is some skin/costume separation with nipplage.

Bishop O'Doherty: <in a moment of weakness, his reptilian brain, which he has been trying to suppress for 3 decades, throws off the bondage of his neocortex and he looks...too long...he is aware his mouth is open. He closes his eyes> Hail Mary, full of grace.....

[laughs in a manic Bayou accent] "Boy! There's something wrong with your medulla oblongata!"

Post #: 12760
RE: Wound my heart with a monotonous languor - 8/9/2013 4:09:49 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Did I spell "nipplage" correctly? I feel like it might have two "e"'s.

Upon surveying the damage at Batan Is., we discover 2 C-47's and a P-40K destroyed. It seems the damage control staff flunkie may have had too much Java juice.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 12761
RE: Wound my heart with a monotonous languor - 8/9/2013 4:35:08 PM   
witpqs

I think "nipplagee" would be the person being nippled.

Post #: 12762
RE: Wound my heart with a monotonous languor - 8/9/2013 4:38:09 PM   
catwhoorg

quote:

Did I spell "nipplage" correctly? I feel like it might have two "e"'s.

Nippleage or nipplage, either way I think further study is warranted.

Post #: 12763
RE: Wound my heart with a monotonous languor - 8/9/2013 4:58:52 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

No. Isn't that the thing worn to promote the view of the nipplage?

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 12764
RE: Wound my heart with a monotonous languor - 8/9/2013 5:34:17 PM   
witpqs

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

No. Isn't that the thing worn to promote the view of the nipplage?

No that's a Canadian garment - nipplage, eh?

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 12765
RE: Wound my heart with a monotonous languor - 8/9/2013 5:58:19 PM   
Cap Mandrake

OK, I looked it up in the interest of the proper use of the very flexible Engrish language. It's not in the 4th Rotor but perhaps ALSP could tell us if there is a Jackspeak version. It is in Urban Dictionary. It seems there are two "e"'s ..but, surprisingly, not together.

nippleage
Any sight of a woman's bare nipples.
It used to be that an "R" rating meant guaranteed nippleage.

Now, I realize, some of the readers may have season passes to "Gentleman's clubs" and, therefore not be very impressed with feigned accidental nippleage, but you have to put yourself in the position of the Archbishop of Manira who has taken a vow of celibacy and is being plied with Protestant Irish whiskey so he doesn't..... so that....ummm......I forget why he was being plied with Irish whiskey, but the point is feigned accidental nippleage would be a serious challenge in that difficult circumstance so let's not hear any "BiFD's" or **** like that.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 8/9/2013 6:00:59 PM >

Post #: 12766
RE: Wound my heart with a monotonous languor - 8/9/2013 6:13:39 PM   
Lecivius

quote:

I am shocked sometimes by the way teenage boys treat their moms. Teen girls can be bad as well but the macho, king of the universe, testosterone-fueled crap from a 138 lbr is seriously annoying.

I blame the parents. You need to meet my boy. Sixteen years old, "Yes Sir" " No Maam", he is so polite he knocks the socks off of all the adults he meets. Makes a dads heart swell with pride.

And I'm skeered of how the rest of the world may change him

Post #: 12767
RE: Wound my heart with a monotonous languor - 8/9/2013 6:33:03 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

quote:

I blame the parents. You need to meet my boy. Sixteen years old, "Yes Sir" " No Maam", he is so polite he knocks the socks off of all the adults he meets. Makes a dads heart swell with pride.

Yes, exactly right. It is the job of the parents to rein in the alpha-male-in-waiting crap that shows up in some adolescent boys....and they can't start when they are 14 either. The foundation has to be set earlier.

A very strong single woman can do it but it works much better with a father in the household. This is often the problem. An AWOL dad. When I see a teen boy disrepecting his mother like that it takes every bit of feigned professionalism I have to not get in his face.

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 12768
RE: Wound my heart with a monotonous languor - 8/9/2013 9:22:57 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes, exactly right. It is the job of the parents to rein in the alpha-male-in-waiting crap that shows up in some adolescent boys....and they can't start when they are 14 either. The foundation has to be set earlier.

A very strong single woman can do it but it works much better with a father in the household. This is often the problem. An AWOL dad. When I see a teen boy disrepecting his mother like that it takes every bit of feigned professionalism I have to not get in his face.

Well, when you hear that 73% of certain ethnic / racial groups have fathers that are not in the household with the offspring, it's surprising that nearly *all* kids aren't like that. It makes me weep for the species.

Post #: 12769
RE: Wound my heart with a monotonous languor - 8/9/2013 9:31:04 PM   
Crackaces

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well, when you hear that 73% of certain ethnic / racial groups have fathers that are not in the household with the offspring, it's surprising that nearly *all* kids aren't like that. It makes me weep for the species.

http://www.unc.edu/~jennamac/finalproject/page%202.php a look in NC ... 5% of pregnancy are born to teens ages 15-17 .. in Robinson County 38% are in poverty .. just because you have the equipment as a species that does not mean that the species makes the best choices ...

Right now our Government is hiring nurses to help these teens have these children ...

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 12770
RE: Wound my heart with a monotonous languor - 8/9/2013 10:08:48 PM   
alaviner

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crackaces

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

http://www.unc.edu/~jennamac/finalproject/page%202.php a look in NC ... 5% of pregnancy are born to teens ages 15-17 .. in Robinson County 38% are in poverty .. just because you have the equipment as a species that does not mean that the species makes the best choices ...

Right now our Government is hiring nurses to help these teens have these children ...

That hits close to home. I grew up one county West of Robinson.

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 12771
RE: Wound my heart with a monotonous languor - 8/10/2013 6:40:20 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Looking back on things I realize I was an exceptionally compliant teen. Sure, there was the time I made up the story about the gypsies in the unidentified dark van that ran me off the road when I wrecked my dad's sports car (Ford Maverick ) but compared to my brother I must have seemed like St. Francis. I don't even remember the teen years being that difficult. Admittedly, I wasn't getting laid but I didn't know what I was missing either.

It seems like the Millenials are having a particularly hard time of it or perhaps I am seeing a skewed sample?

(in reply to alaviner)
Post #: 12772
RE: Wound my heart with a monotonous languor - 8/10/2013 6:53:43 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Before I somehow managed to destroy the front end suspension, break the radiator and break the rear axle by hitting two different curbs all at the break-neck speed of 35 mph, this is what it looked like (minus the hood lock and fancy wheels). Damn gypsies! The thing was a POS. She had no road feel. When you turned the wheel she would "answer the helm" after a few seconds.

One of these days I am going to tell my dad I made up that ridiculous story. He probably already knows. I am still amazed he didn't even seem mad. Most likely, he was happy I wasn't like my brother.

Ah, heck. Can't get the thing to post.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 8/10/2013 6:55:27 PM >

Post #: 12773
RE: Wound my heart with a monotonous languor - 8/10/2013 7:00:31 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Air losses. Rots of rousy Vals shot down. Ground losses are from naval bombardment of Manira and air attacks on the field on Leyte.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 12774
RE: Wound my heart with a monotonous languor - 8/10/2013 7:16:32 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

Before I somehow managed to destroy the front end suspension, break the radiator and break the rear axle by hitting two different curbs all at the break-neck speed of 35 mph, this is what it looked like (minus the hood lock and fancy wheels). Damn gypsies! The thing was a POS. She had no road feel. When you turned the wheel she would "answer the helm" after a few seconds.

One of these days I am going to tell my dad I made up that ridiculous story. He probably already knows. I am still amazed he didn't even seem mad. Most likely, he was happy I wasn't like my brother.

Ah, heck. Can't get the thing to post.

I owned a Ford Maverick and later, an F-150 truck. Loose steering was common in North American cars at the time, and Ford was really loose! You could stay in your own lane if you really concentrated and made constant corrections - kind of like keeping a ship on course despite wind and currents.
Then I got a VW Rabbit with really tight rack-and-pinion steering and front wheel drive and it was like I owned a sports car! I was a demon at nipping through traffic in that thing. It also took lots of hits [both front and back -icy roads and long stopping distances] on the bumper without damage because it had pneumatic shock absorbers built into it. Today, those little bumps shatter plastic and cost a fortune to repair.

Post #: 12775
RE: Wound my heart with a monotonous languor - 8/10/2013 7:19:14 PM   
Cap Mandrake

The saga of the "crazy SOB's". I first thought they were going to pick up troops marooned at Sansapor but they kept going. It looked like they were going to land at Boela and we didn't have any combat troops there so some Marines from Saumlaki were flown in. Then they somehow evade all the air groups on naval attack, the PT boats and even the AMC sent to Boela and kept going SE. Now it looks like they might be trying to pick up marooned troops at Dobo?

Sending some DD's to Dobo. Doesn't seem like this could possibly work but that is what I said two days ago. As I recall, some PB's have troop carrying capacity, right?

Attachment (1)

Post #: 12776
RE: Wound my heart with a monotonous languor - 8/10/2013 9:32:40 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

or perhaps I am seeing a skewed sample?

Yeah. There's some good kids out there, I suspect its your unique clientelle that are skewing your global perspective.

My opinion: when you're busy nerding it up, it does interfere a bit with prospective forays into delinquency growing up. Well, it at least helps. You don't need a "Tiger Mom" type A helicopter mom, but also don't need a pair of absentee parents on the other side of the equation.

What percentage of your clients / patients are from typical middle-class American home lifestyles with typical middle-class upbringings, experiences and goals?

Post #: 12777
RE: Wound my heart with a monotonous languor - 8/10/2013 9:33:25 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

some PB's have troop carrying capacity, right?

Yes.

Post #: 12778
RE: Wound my heart with a monotonous languor - 8/10/2013 9:34:57 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

One of these days I am going to tell my dad I made up that ridiculous story.

Yet another reason for the deathbed confession, Cap'n. "Throw that one in" to the works. It'll only take a second.

Post #: 12779
RE: Wound my heart with a monotonous languor - 8/10/2013 10:38:18 PM   
perkinh

My 14yr old son let his hormones over ride his ass last week. He bowed up to his mom when she had already lit up our oldest daughter about her driving habits. He decided that it was a good time to talk back and refuse a simple request concerning the cleanliness of his bathroom. Not good to antagonizes an already upset woman, first lesson learned.

I got in a couple of kicks.... while i was pulling her off his big ass. He is taller than both of us, but he is just not in the right weight class ( second lesson). She had him on the ground yelling for my help while she beat him mercilessly.

I may have saved his ungrateful life!!

One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine.... is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine

Post #: 12780
Page:   <<   < prev  424 425 [426] 427 428   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Wound my heart with a monotonous languor Page: <<   < prev  424 425 [426] 427 428   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI