Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: "Fukoku Maru, pal!"

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: "Fukoku Maru, pal!" Page: <<   < prev  486 487 [488] 489 490   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: "Fukoku Maru, pal!" - 2/6/2014 8:38:33 PM   
Chickenboy

Notice that the REMFs seem to have done very well for themselves what what. The poor lads in the rifle squads were annihilated. Of course the officers in support will suffer. Why where will they find another batsman or valet?

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 14611
RE: "Fukoku Maru, pal!" - 2/7/2014 2:52:32 PM   
Cap Mandrake

I have a confesion to make. I like my conbtractor. Stricly platonic, of course.

We have to tear down half the back balcony so, clearly, the door opening to that portion of the balcony has to be replaced. The quote from the window supplier was $4000

It's single pane, so he just starts milling it himself in his garage.

The crew chief is Moses. I had to get him past gate secuirty (gate is there to keep out the proletariat)and I didn't know his last name. Hadn't met him yet.

Gate Guy: Name

Me: Moses

Gate Guy: Last name?

Me: Don't know.

Gate Guy: We need a last name.

Me: How many guys named Moses do you get there every day?

Gate Guy: You neve know, sir. How about a vehicle description?

Me: If I don't know his last name, how would I know what his vehicle looks llike?

Gate Guy: I need that sir.

Me: OK, I'm guessing it will be dusty.

Post #: 14612
RE: "Fukoku Maru, pal!" - 2/7/2014 3:18:15 PM   
witpqs

It's hard to find good gate guys these days.

Post #: 14613
RE: "Fukoku Maru, pal!" - 2/8/2014 5:59:16 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

It's hard to find good gate guys these days.

This is true. I blame the TSA.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 14614
RE: "Fukoku Maru, pal!" - 2/8/2014 6:09:52 PM   
Cap Mandrake

*****************July 1, 1943(c)****************

Okinawa: JJ shoots down a B-25 and a Beaufort with flak over Naha. That's at 12K feet too. Clearly, they aren't ready to give up yet. Moderately effective bomber and BB bombardment attacks at Naha. Safe debarkation of engineers at Kume-jima. JJ tries an artillery bombardment at Naha with the guns set at 90 degrees of elevation. It goes badly for them.

Miri: MM's strategy is working. JJ refuses to surrender to the Aussies, but now they are asking for 7.5% of gross and primo lots on the back 9, which front the South China Sea. If they don't surrender to the White Rajah, we may need combat engineers and some more infantry,.

Ground combat at Miri (64,87)

Allied Shock attack

Attacking force 496 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 23

Defending force 1103 troops, 6 guns, 3 vehicles, Assault Value = 11

Allied adjusted assault: 13

Japanese adjusted defense: 21

Allied assault odds: 1 to 2 (fort level 4)

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), forts(+), preparation(-), fatigue(-), morale(-)
experience(-)
Attacker: shock(+), fatigue(-)

Japanese ground losses:
28 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 3 disabled

Allied ground losses:
28 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 6 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Assaulting units:
Kanga Force Battalion

Defending units:
8th JNAF Coy
4th Naval Construction Battalion

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 2/8/2014 7:12:03 PM >

Post #: 14615
RE: "Fukoku Maru, pal!" - 2/8/2014 6:17:20 PM   
Cap Mandrake

1st one of 25 nieces and nephews got engaged. The women folk are in a frenzy of excitement. You would think someone caught a record blue marlin or something. My sister started a group message text thing. They drained my battery in 2 hrs.

I suggested "powder blue tuxedos and ruffly shirts, like pirates". They scolded me and mocked me for another 15 texts and then they took me off the group message conversation. Mission accomplished.

Post #: 14616
RE: "Fukoku Maru, pal!" - 2/8/2014 6:25:55 PM   
Cap Mandrake

When the boss isn't here, the construction crew are dangerous.

They did surface prep on 3 pilasters we already decided to demo <face palm> and they chopped up the worlds oldest and most spectacular jade plant (a slow growing succulent)

20 year old azaleas and gardenias crushed by ladders and falling stucco. Oh well.

Post #: 14617
RE: "Fukoku Maru, pal!" - 2/8/2014 8:42:45 PM   
Disco Duck

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

When the boss isn't here, the construction crew are dangerous.

They did surface prep on 3 pilasters we already decided to demo <face palm> and they chopped up the worlds oldest and most spectacular jade plant (a slow growing succulent)

20 year old azaleas and gardenias crushed by ladders and falling stucco. Oh well.

I say fire the boss. he is the one who hired these idiots.

Post #: 14618
RE: "Fukoku Maru, pal!" - 2/9/2014 12:05:59 AM   
Itdepends

Yes but one must then consider the idiot that hired the boss.

(in reply to Disco Duck)
Post #: 14619
RE: "Fukoku Maru, pal!" - 2/9/2014 12:20:28 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Assaulting units:
Kanga Force Battalion

I'd bet they're hopping mad.

Post #: 14620
RE: "Fukoku Maru, pal!" - 2/9/2014 2:52:05 AM   
Itdepends

You would be too if the locals decided this was the way to capture the tourist dollar.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 14621
RE: "Fukoku Maru, pal!" - 2/9/2014 1:21:42 PM   
zuluhour

cute little buggers.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 14622
RE: "Fukoku Maru, pal!" - 2/9/2014 3:20:17 PM   
poodlebrain

quote:

ORIGINAL: zuluhour

cute little buggers.

The juxtaposition of that jeep driver's arm required a double take before I was willing to agree that was a little bugger.

Never trust a man who's ass is wider than his shoulders.

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 14623
RE: "Fukoku Maru, pal!" - 2/10/2014 6:53:49 AM   
Ddog

Buggers can multi-task

Attachment (1)

I'd rather be lucky than good.

(in reply to poodlebrain)
Post #: 14624
RE: "Fukoku Maru, pal!" - 2/10/2014 4:07:56 PM   
Cap Mandrake

City kid.

(in reply to Ddog)
Post #: 14625
RE: "Fukoku Maru, pal!" - 2/10/2014 4:21:16 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Technical Support Issue (no really):

The demolition and 20 year old shrubbery destroyer gang were using a reciprocating saw and it tripped a breaker. My desktop was on. Next time in went in the room it was off.

The little green LED by the power connector is on but no fans are working and the power on button doesn't work. When you unplug the power cord the LED goes out after about 10 seconds (probably some emergency capacitor or something). When you plug it in the green light comes on again bu that is it.

I figured in might be the power supply got fried because the fans wont fire up (or worse). Even so, considering the power supply is cheap, I thought I might just buy a new one and try it.

But I can't get the damn 24 pin connector out of the mother board socket. The little plastic release catch on one side appears to be properly clear but it won't budge despite significant force. I'm afraid I will flex the mother board and destroy it (if it isn't already) if I pull any harder.

It just doesn't seem I should have to reactivate Neanderthal genes to get the damn thing lose. Is there a tool for this?

Note that this motherboard was already replaced once under warranty when my irrationally exhuberant labrador subjected it to 80g.

Post #: 14626
RE: "Fukoku Maru, pal!" - 2/10/2014 4:37:09 PM   
witpqs

quote:

The demolition and 20 year old shrubbery destroyer gang were using a reciprocating saw and it tripped a breaker. My desktop was on. Next time in went in the room it was off.

The little green LED by the power connector is on but no fans are working and the power on button doesn't work. When you unplug the power cord the LED goes out after about 10 seconds (probably some emergency capacitor or something). When you plug it in the green light comes on again bu that is it.

I figured in might be the power supply got fried because the fans wont fire up (or worse). Even so, considering the power supply is cheap, I thought I might just buy a new one and try it.

But I can't get the damn 24 pin connector out of the mother board socket. The little plastic release catch on one side appears to be properly clear but it won't budge despite significant force. I'm afraid I will flex the mother board and destroy it (if it isn't already) if I pull any harder.

It just doesn't seem I should have to reactivate Neanderthal genes to get the damn thing lose. Is there a tool for this?

Note that this motherboard was already replaced once under warranty when my irrationally exhuberant labrador subjected it to 80g.

Take photos and post them. Get all four sides as clear as you can.

Post #: 14627
RE: "Fukoku Maru, pal!" - 2/10/2014 7:26:04 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Editrix Note: We wish to remind the readers that in no part of the English-speaking world is the use of an "h" in the word "exuberant" considered correct. The only possible exception would be some remote backwoods areas near the Tug River valley.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 14628
RE: "Fukoku Maru, pal!" - 2/10/2014 11:26:35 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

To be clearer than my Argletonian colleague-he meant to take pictures of the motherboard. Please do not post pictures of yourself from four sides, in spite of his somewhat vague suggestion.

Thank you.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 14629
RE: "Fukoku Maru, pal!" - 2/10/2014 11:50:22 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

To be clearer than my Argletonian colleague-he meant to take pictures of the motherboard. Please do not post pictures of yourself from four sides, in spite of his somewhat vague suggestion.

Thank you.

Egad!!! No - under no circumstances take clear pictures of yourself from all sides! Maybe Pocahontas Girl...

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 14630
RE: "Fukoku Maru, pal!" - 2/10/2014 11:59:23 PM   
poodlebrain

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thank you.

Egad!!! No - under no circumstances take clear pictures of yourself from all sides! Maybe Pocahontas Girl...
Or maybe the neighbor who sought comfort on your couch when she had a bad spirit reaction or bad reaction to spirits.

Never trust a man who's ass is wider than his shoulders.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 14631
RE: "Fukoku Maru, pal!" - 2/12/2014 5:13:04 PM   
Cap Mandrake

O, I got the pictures from all 4 sides. I don't really have 4 sides so I did front and back and the two sides. I did kinda hurt my neck trying to get the picture from behind. I hope this was really necessary.

Now I need help posting them from my I-phone.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 14632
RE: "Fukoku Maru, pal!" - 2/12/2014 5:14:15 PM   
sprior

It's 3 months until my birthday so you've got time to club together and but me this: https://www.myonlinebooking.co.uk/tankmuseum/shop/product.aspx?catid=13&id=7181

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

Post #: 14633
RE: "Fukoku Maru, pal!" - 2/12/2014 5:29:09 PM   
Cap Mandrake

****************Pranning********************

The first wave lads from Seattle have already left followed closely by the Canadians from Victoria which will assault Onnetokan-jima.

A regiment of 24th Div and engineers and armor are now two days out from Pearl and headed North.

Troops from Dutch Harbor and Kodiak and Anchorage are all on their way. Half the troops from Adak are embarked but also have the shortest to travel.

The carriers, Essex and a CVL and their DD's , will top off in the big rendezvous area South of Adak from AO's and then everyone moves generally West, trying to elude the likely recon from PJ, until we run NW for the two bases in the Kuriles and, 1-2 days later, Sakhalin.

Admiral Lord Sprior's landing force for Moulmein is in the Bay of Bengal and will move NE to hug the coast of India and the bases in Northern Burma.

He will arrive before the attack in the Kuriles.

Post #: 14634
RE: "Fukoku Maru, pal!" - 2/12/2014 5:35:29 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

It's 3 months until my birthday so you've got time to club together and but me this: https://www.myonlinebooking.co.uk/tankmuseum/shop/product.aspx?catid=13&id=7181

It only weighs 9 kg. Seems more like a "4 lbr"

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 14635
RE: "Fukoku Maru, pal!" - 2/12/2014 5:52:34 PM   
Cap Mandrake

The destruction crew was short-handed yesterday because one guy got arrested on an outstanding warrant for a traffic violation.

They were demolishing concrete spindles yesterday on the balcony. At one point the big boss above and Moses, on a platform below, were hammering at the same spindle from both sides.

I watched that for about 15 seconds then I went inside and reinstated my insurance umbrella policy.

Nice Lady from State Farm: What policy limits would you like Mr. Mandrake?

FAM: I want the one Bill Clinton had.

Nice Lady from State Farm: Do you mean the President?

FAM: Yep, THAT ONE. I want his policy.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 2/12/2014 6:54:20 PM >

Post #: 14636
RE: "Fukoku Maru, pal!" - 2/12/2014 8:07:59 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

The destruction crew was short-handed yesterday because one guy got arrested on an outstanding warrant for a traffic violation.

They were demolishing concrete spindles yesterday on the balcony. At one point the big boss above and Moses, on a platform below, were hammering at the same spindle from both sides.

I watched that for about 15 seconds then I went inside and reinstated my insurance umbrella policy.

Nice Lady from State Farm: What policy limits would you like Mr. Mandrake?

FAM: I want the one Bill Clinton had.

Nice Lady from State Farm: Do you mean the President?

FAM: Yep, THAT ONE. I want his policy.

Are you suggesting that these fine upstanding contractors you've hired may not be fully licensed and bonded, good sir?

Post #: 14637
RE: "Fukoku Maru, pal!" - 2/12/2014 8:41:50 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

Are you suggesting that these fine upstanding contractors you've hired may not be fully licensed and bonded, good sir?

Bail bondsman? Yeah, I think they have one of those.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 14638
RE: "Fukoku Maru, pal!" - 2/12/2014 8:43:20 PM   
Itdepends

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

It only weighs 9 kg. Seems more like a "4 lbr"

They are making up for that by charging you 25 pounds for postage though.

Post #: 14639
Thank you & God bless - 2/13/2014 12:23:10 AM   
Cap Mandrake

Found this on my office computer cleaning house.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 14640
Page:   <<   < prev  486 487 [488] 489 490   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: "Fukoku Maru, pal!" Page: <<   < prev  486 487 [488] 489 490   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI