Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Op Buggritt

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Op Buggritt Page: <<   < prev  59 60 [61] 62 63   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Op Buggritt - 9/12/2010 8:40:18 PM   
Cap Mandrake

She rook rike Friggen Jackie Chan!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 9/12/2010 8:51:51 PM >

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 1801
RE: Op Buggritt - 9/12/2010 9:32:55 PM   
Onime No Kyo

That has got to be the most unattractive thing I've seen in a long time.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

Post #: 1802
RE: Op Buggritt - 9/13/2010 4:46:40 AM   
Moondawggie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

That has got to be the most unattractive thing I've seen in a long time.

I still think Eleanor is more scary!

[image][/image]

Attachment (1)

"The Yankees got all the smart ones, and look where it got them."

General George Pickett, the night before Gettysburg

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 1803
RE: Op Consanguinity - 9/13/2010 6:54:49 AM   
Cap Mandrake

No doubt about it, Eleanore makes Tokyo Rose rook rike Penerope Cruz.

Speaking of beauty, you aren't going to believe what happened. Every single ship headed for New Edinburgh made it safely without a scratch. No cataclysmic night BB vs BB battle. No daytime attack...at all. I think the Japs were licking their wounds after the high Zero and Betty losses of the day before and there may have been many more planes damaged than I realized. They may have delegated most of their fighters at New Ullapool to CAP as had the Allies. The Jap carriers either move to the N or NW out of range of the PBY's on New Scotland or they are hiding in a rain squall somewhere. Maybe their flight crews were fatigued and torpedoes expended (quite possibly) or maybe they declined battle thinking there might have been 5 Allied CV's...it would almost be possible but not really.

There are 5 BB's now at New Edinburgh. I need to decide if I should send the 4 USN BB's on a bombardment run to New Ullapool. They could really trash the airfield if they got through but might well get crushed when the sun comes up if they cant make it back (which seems likely). I wish we had Washington and South Dakota but that is not to be just yet. The 17's will come back to NE and most of the mediums will go to New Perth for a raid on New Ullapool in the morning. According to air recon there are over 450 aircraft at New Ullapool (a level 6 airfield). This represents a huge increase and would constitute a significant overstack. I dont really believe there are 189 auxillairy aircraft at New Uallapool. I have a feeling one of the McCoys got the recon gig. Can you imagine what 48 14 inch guns could do to 450 aircraft parked wingtip to wingtip?

Annoyingly, HMS Formidable was hit by a torp from a Jap sub while sheltering in the imagined safety North of Fiji. What the Hell was a Jap sub doing there? Suva harbor is in the South. She has 14% flooding and is slowed to 25 kts but can still fight.

(in reply to Moondawggie)
Post #: 1804
RE: Op Consanguinity - 9/13/2010 7:12:49 AM   
witpqs

Stacking goes by engine count so that airfield could be way up there in over-stacking increased-damage land. Go get 'em, Cap!

Post #: 1805
RE: Op Consanguinity - 9/13/2010 7:51:40 AM   
Alfred

Auxiliary aircraft shown up on a mouseover also represent damaged fighters and bombers. So there could be 189 auxiliary aircraft, comprised of damaged planes plus non fighters/bombers, at New Ullapool.

Alfred

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 1806
RE: Op Consanguinity - 9/13/2010 8:28:47 AM   
sprior

quote:

Auxiliary aircraft shown up on a mouseover also represent damaged fighters and bombers.

I never knew that.

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 1807
RE: Op Consanguinity - 9/13/2010 3:52:27 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred

Auxiliary aircraft shown up on a mouseover also represent damaged fighters and bombers. So there could be 189 auxiliary aircraft, comprised of damaged planes plus non fighters/bombers, at New Ullapool.

Alfred

Wow...I didn't know that either. OK, that ices it. The USN BB's are going in. I will try to cover their return trip with fighters from New Perth. They may encounter up to 4 Jap BB's if the 3 that were inbound have not been turned around. They will be at a disadvantage in a night battle because all the Jap BB's have night experience now, but that can't be helped. A fair number of the Jap cruisers have been pushed too far and are smoking. They will be target ships in a night battle. I will try to find something with radar. In any event, the skippers have to know the old BB's are destined for the scrapyard or museums after the war. A fight to the death in the South Pacific will be a more noble demise than that sufered by California which foundered off Hilo trying to get to SF. Warspite will stay behind for now to guard the transports and the airfield at New Edinburgh. I suspect, the Jap carriers will come back now that they know at least one of the Allied carriers is all the way off Fiji. That was most unfortunate. I still can't believe there was a sub lurking there.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 1808
RE: Op Consanguinity - 9/13/2010 4:04:23 PM   
sprior

Go for it. I'm still at work,

- Nigel Molesworth.

Post #: 1809
RE: Op Buggritt - 9/13/2010 4:09:19 PM   
Cap Mandrake

By the way. My fridge icemaker started working again. This means the stock market is going up in the near term.

If you are short selling stocks get the Hell out or at least be a man about and stop whimpering if you get your ass kicked. Don't say I didn't warn you either. To tell you the truth I hate short sellers. They remind of the one ***-**** at a hot craps table who keeps laying down his crappy $5 chip on the Don't Come when the rest of table has $20-30K with the roller. Then, when the roller finally 7's out, the little ******-****** picks up his crappy $10 with a big smile on his face and quietly giggles to himself over his cleverness. Then the little **** takes his "big win" over to the $3 buffet and arranges his hush puppies and frozen vegetables by color on his plate, making sure none of the juices touch each other. God, I hate those annoying little **-**'s. There should be a DSM IV diagnosis for them if there isn't one.

Post #: 1810
RE: Op Consanguinity - 9/13/2010 4:10:36 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

Go for it. I'm still at work,

I had to walk pinhead, she keeps barfing. Go ahead, I will do it after 20;00 tonight.

Kill Japs

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 1811
RE: Op Buggritt - 9/13/2010 5:34:16 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

By the way. My fridge icemaker started working again. This means the stock market is going up in the near term.

If you are short selling stocks get the Hell out or at least be a man about and stop whimpering if you get your ass kicked. Don't say I didn't warn you either. To tell you the truth I hate short sellers. They remind of the one ***-**** at a hot craps table who keeps laying down his crappy $5 chip on the Don't Come when the rest of table has $20-30K with the roller. Then, when the roller finally 7's out, the little ******-****** picks up his crappy $10 with a big smile on his face and quietly giggles to himself over his cleverness. Then the little **** takes his "big win" over to the $3 buffet and arranges his hush puppies and frozen vegetables by color on his plate, making sure none of the juices touch each other. God, I hate those annoying little **-**'s. There should be a DSM IV diagnosis for them if there isn't one.

That's a lot of astericks and hyphens there. Lots of hard consonant "K" sounds too, I venture.

What's particularly amusing about them is that it's the SAME ODDS (in reverse) as everyone else is getting anyways. I am most satisfied when the roller keeps hitting points in these situations. That tends to bankrupt these 'wrong way' *****-******s tootsweet.

Post #: 1812
RE: Op Buggritt - 9/13/2010 6:34:18 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

That's a lot of astericks and hyphens there. Lots of hard consonant "K" sounds too, I venture.

What's particularly amusing about them is that it's the SAME ODDS (in reverse) as everyone else is getting anyways. I am most satisfied when the roller keeps hitting points in these situations. That tends to bankrupt these 'wrong way' *****-******s tootsweet.

Yep. Mathematically true odds on their back-up bet and the same to one part in 1000 on the front line (except where there is a second "bar" number). I could never understand why they want to ruin everyone's fun. I was at a table once where the little ******-****** actually said "come on seven" out loud. And this at a table with lots of guys with hairy chests and big gold chains that talked like Tony Soprano. He probably ended up a stain on the sidewalk somewhere. Fun times. Ah, but we digress.

Let this be a warning to the Dont Come/Dont Pass bettors on Operation Consanguinity

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 1813
RE: Op Buggritt - 9/13/2010 7:06:39 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

Yep. Mathematically true odds on their back-up bet and the same to one part in 1000 on the front line (except where there is a second "bar" number). I could never understand why they want to ruin everyone's fun. I was at a table once where the little ******-****** actually said "come on seven" out loud. And this at a table with lots of guys with hairy chests and big gold chains that talked like Tony Soprano. He probably ended up a stain on the sidewalk somewhere. Fun times. Ah, but we digress.

Let this be a warning to the Dont Come/Dont Pass bettors on Operation Consanguinity

Come on, Seven!

Post #: 1814
RE: Op Buggritt - 9/13/2010 10:19:09 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

quote:

Come on, Seven!

Dood, I am pretty sure the game engine uses one of these, this being the 21st Century and all.

What do you think this is, Monopoly? If I am attacking I want a "1", defending a "20".

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 1815
RE: Op Consanguinity - 9/14/2010 5:53:08 AM   
Moondawggie

quote:

The USN BB's are going in. I will try to cover their return trip with fighters from New Perth. They may encounter up to 4 Jap BB's if the 3 that were inbound have not been turned around. They will be at a disadvantage in a night battle because all the Jap BB's have night experience now, but that can't be helped. A fair number of the Jap cruisers have been pushed too far and are smoking. They will be target ships in a night battle. I will try to find something with radar. In any event, the skippers have to know the old BB's are destined for the scrapyard or museums after the war. A fight to the death in the South Pacific will be a more noble demise than that sufered by California which foundered off Hilo trying to get to SF. Warspite will stay behind for now to guard the transports and the airfield at New Edinburgh. I suspect, the Jap carriers will come back now that they know at least one of the Allied carriers is all the way off Fiji. That was most unfortunate. I still can't believe there was a sub lurking there.

As we say in oncology treatment, "In for a dime, in for a dollar!

Or, as George Patton was allegedly quoted when justifying his strategy, "L'adace, l'adace, toujours ladace!"

Or, as my Cherokee ancestors were fond of saying, "Today is a good day to die."

Go for it Cap! We're rooting for you.

We'll find out later if the Gods of War favored your judgment, or decided to remind yet another man of his limitations.

Personally, I'm betting on you.

Post #: 1816
RE: Op Consanguinity - 9/14/2010 8:57:31 PM   
Cap Mandrake

The turn is in the ether now. No going back.

The LYB's had flooded the sealanes North of New Scotland with PB's operating singly. Doubltess there are subs too. These are there to slow any bombardment TF and bleed off ammo on the inbound leg. The Northern approach to New Ullapool is shorter by 40 miles but I sent Taffinder and the 4 BB's via the Southern coast. I dont think they will make it back to New Edinburgh so they will have to suppress the airfield themselves or in conjunction with 20 B-17's fron NE and 24 medium bombers from New Perth. 12-15 figthers will fly LRCAP from New Perth. There is a good chance some Jap carriers will move within range as well, although, the carriers now have to be cautious over the potential of attacks from New Perth and New Edinburgh which are both fully operational and can nominally suport 300 aircraft plus the reappearance of the Allied carriers. They have good reason to be cautious.

It could go very badly or it could shut down the airfield at New Ullapool.

One infantry regiment and 20 AK's unloading at New Edinburgh.

Post #: 1817
RE: Op Consanguinity - 9/14/2010 11:07:28 PM   
Kwik E Mart

quote:

I have a feeling one of the McCoys got the recon gig. Can you imagine what 48 14 inch guns could do to 450 aircraft parked wingtip to wingtip?

Cap, i thought it was the Magoo's?

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Post #: 1818
RE: Op Buggritt - 9/14/2010 11:11:51 PM   
Kwik E Mart

quote:

the only thing i hate worse is the drunk SOB who continually slaps me in the back every time i make a point...now, i'm into good natured back slapping just like any other degenerate gambler, but by god i was spilling beer down my shirt every time he slapped...how am i supposed to pick up the hot table chicks with stale beer dribbling down my shirt? of course, once he was told not to place his hands anywhere near my person again the table went cold, the hot table chicks disappeared and i still had beer on my shirt...where's the friggin' justice...

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Post #: 1819
RE: Op Consanguinity - 9/15/2010 4:39:11 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

The LYB's had flooded the sealanes North of New Scotland with PB's operating singly. Doubltess there are subs too. These are there to slow any bombardment TF and bleed off ammo on the inbound leg. The Northern approach to New Ullapool is shorter by 40 miles but I sent Taffinder and the 4 BB's via the Southern coast. I dont think they will make it back to New Edinburgh so they will have to suppress the airfield themselves or in conjunction with 20 B-17's fron NE and 24 medium bombers from New Perth. 12-15 figthers will fly LRCAP from New Perth. There is a good chance some Jap carriers will move within range as well, although, the carriers now have to be cautious over the potential of attacks from New Perth and New Edinburgh which are both fully operational and can nominally suport 300 aircraft plus the reappearance of the Allied carriers. They have good reason to be cautious.

It could go very badly or it could shut down the airfield at New Ullapool.

Well? Turkey trots to water. The world wonders...

Post #: 1820
RE: Op Consanguinity - 9/15/2010 4:39:31 AM   
Moondawggie

quote:

Cap, one thing for sure: the supplies and troops you need to hold the LYBs in place for a while longer at New Edinburgh (or is it New-Maya, named after your housekeeper?) will get through.

Your opponent will be too busy chasing the BBs (who could resist?) to disrupt the unloading; the transports should be left relatively unmolested. In turn, that buys you more time in a war of attrition where your opponent's long thin supply line prevents him from winning. It's like Guadacanal in late September 1942 in the "real world."

Most cool to observe! Let us know what happens, Cap!

"Ground I can always regain. Time, never." ... Napoleon Bonaparte

Post #: 1821
RE: Op Consanguinity - 9/15/2010 11:38:54 AM   
sprior

I've cut out some of the fluff but today SUCKED!

C'est la guerre.

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR May 17, 42
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Night Time Surface Combat, near Noumea at 115,160, Range 2,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
xAK Kiso Maru, Shell hits 11, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk

Allied Ships
BB Warspite
CL Sumatra
CL De Ruyter
DD Schley
DD Vendetta
DD Scout
DD Tenedos
DD Dent

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASW attack near Soerabaja at 56,103

Japanese Ships
DMS W-7
xAP Montevideo Maru
xAP Buenos Aires Maru
xAK Yamayuri Maru
xAK Nagato Maru
xAK Seia Maru
PB Keiko Maru

Allied Ships
SS KVIII, hits 2

Night Time Surface Combat, near Noumea at 115,160, Range 1,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
PC Take, Shell hits 15, and is sunk

Allied Ships
BB Warspite
CL Sumatra
CL De Ruyter
DD Schley
DD Vendetta
DD Scout
DD Tenedos
DD Dent

Japanese Ships
PB Shinko Maru #2, Shell hits 21, and is sunk

Allied Ships
BB Warspite
CL Sumatra
CL De Ruyter
DD Schley
DD Vendetta
DD Scout
DD Tenedos
DD Dent

Reduced sighting due to 7% moonlight
Maximum visibility in Overcast Conditions and 7% moonlight: 2,000 yards
Range closes to 17,000 yards...
Range closes to 11,000 yards...
Range closes to 7,000 yards...
Range closes to 5,000 yards...
Range closes to 3,000 yards...
Range closes to 1,000 yards...
CL Sumatra engages PB Shinko Maru #2 at 1,000 yards
CL De Ruyter engages PB Shinko Maru #2 at 1,000 yards
DD Scout engages PB Shinko Maru #2 at 1,000 yards
Asada, K. orders Japanese TF to disengage
Range increases to 2,000 yards
DD Tenedos engages PB Shinko Maru #2 at 2,000 yards
DD Scout engages PB Shinko Maru #2 at 2,000 yards
DD Vendetta engages PB Shinko Maru #2 at 2,000 yards
PB Shinko Maru #2 sunk by CL De Ruyter at 2,000 yards
Combat ends with last Japanese ship sunk...

Night Time Surface Combat, near Noumea at 115,160, Range 5,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
BB Nagato, Shell hits 8, heavy fires
CA Chokai, Shell hits 3, on fire
CA Mikuma, Shell hits 2
CL Abukuma, Shell hits 1
DD Kuroshio
DD Shiranui
DD Hagikaze
DD Minegumo
DD Arare
DD Murasame, Shell hits 2, on fire
DD Yugure, Shell hits 1, on fire
DD Kikuzuki, Shell hits 5

Allied Ships
BB Warspite, Shell hits 12
CL Sumatra
CL De Ruyter, Shell hits 13, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
DD Schley, Shell hits 5, heavy fires
DD Vendetta, Shell hits 3, heavy fires
DD Scout
DD Tenedos, Shell hits 1, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
DD Dent, Shell hits 1

Submarine attack near La Foa at 115,158

Japanese Ships
xAK Nitii Maru, Torpedo hits 3, on fire, heavy damage

Allied Ships
SS S-45

xAK Nitii Maru is sighted by SS S-45
SS S-45 launches 4 torpedoes

Night Air attack on Mandalay , at 59,46

Weather in hex: Moderate rain

Japanese aircraft
no flights

Allied aircraft
Wellington Ic x 11

Japanese aircraft losses
No Japanese losses

No Allied losses

Airbase hits 1
Airbase supply hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:
11 x Wellington Ic bombing from 10000 feet
Airfield Attack: 8 x 500 lb GP Bomb

Raid spotted at 22 NM, estimated altitude 14,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 8 minutes

Japanese Ships
CA Myoko
CA Aoba
CL Yubari
DD Oboro, Shell hits 1
DD Akebono

Allied Ships
DD Schley, Shell hits 1, heavy fires
DD Vendetta, Shell hits 2, on fire

Night Time Surface Combat, near Noumea at 115,160, Range 2,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
CA Myoko
CA Aoba
CL Yubari
DD Oboro, on fire
DD Akebono

Allied Ships
xAK Steel Navigator, Torpedo hits 6, and is sunk
xAK Steel Ranger, Shell hits 3, Torpedo hits 2, and is sunk
xAK Manulani, Shell hits 7, Torpedo hits 2, and is sunk
xAK West Shipper, Shell hits 13, heavy fires, heavy damage

Japanese Ships
CA Myoko
CA Aoba
CL Yubari
DD Oboro, on fire
DD Akebono

Allied Ships
xAP Santa Maria, Shell hits 10, Torpedo hits 3, and is sunk
xAP Santa Inez, Shell hits 35, and is sunk
xAK Steel Voyager, Shell hits 12, heavy fires, heavy damage
xAK Hollywood, Shell hits 3, Torpedo hits 2, and is sunk

Allied ground losses:
2220 casualties reported
Squads: 46 destroyed, 21 disabled
Non Combat: 153 destroyed, 139 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 107 (88 destroyed, 19 disabled)
Vehicles lost 120 (89 destroyed, 31 disabled)

Night Time Surface Combat, near Noumea at 115,160, Range 4,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
CA Myoko
CA Aoba
CL Yubari
DD Oboro, on fire
DD Akebono

Allied Ships
DD Schley, Shell hits 7, and is sunk
DD Vendetta, on fire

Sub attack near Koumac at 113,155

Japanese Ships
xAK Nichiran Maru, Shell hits 6, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage

Allied Ships
SS Gato

SS Gato attacking xAK Nichiran Maru on the surface

Day Time Surface Combat, near Noumea at 115,160, Range 19,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
CA Myoko
CA Aoba, Shell hits 1
CL Yubari, Shell hits 3
DD Akebono, Shell hits 1

Allied Ships
DM Litchfield, Shell hits 8, and is sunk
AO Guadalupe, Shell hits 45, and is sunk

Submarine attack near Truk at 113,111

Japanese Ships
xAK Daifuku Maru, Torpedo hits 1, heavy damage

Allied Ships
SS Drum

Japanese ground losses:
13 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 0 disabled

xAK Daifuku Maru is sighted by SS Drum
SS Drum launches 6 torpedoes at xAK Daifuku Maru

Day Time Surface Combat, near Koumac at 113,156, Range 20,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
BB Fuso, Shell hits 46, heavy fires, heavy damage
BB Ise, Shell hits 31, and is sunk
CA Chikuma, Shell hits 3, heavy damage
CA Kumano, Shell hits 10, and is sunk
DD Asashio, Shell hits 6, on fire
E Ishigaki, Shell hits 1, and is sunk
TB Hatsukari, Shell hits 1
TB Hato

Allied Ships
BB Colorado, Shell hits 4
BB Idaho, Shell hits 13, on fire
BB New Mexico, Shell hits 9
BB Mississippi, Shell hits 15, heavy fires, heavy damage
DD Monaghan, Shell hits 3, and is sunk
DD Edsall, Shell hits 3, and is sunk
DD John D. Edwards, Shell hits 4, and is sunk
DD Parrott
DD Stewart, Shell hits 3, heavy fires
DD Paladin, Shell hits 2, heavy fires
DD Panther

Day Time Surface Combat, near Koumac at 114,156, Range 20,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
CA Mikuma, Shell hits 6, heavy fires
DD Kuroshio, Shell hits 1
DD Shiranui, Shell hits 2, heavy fires, heavy damage
DD Hagikaze

Allied Ships
BB Colorado, Shell hits 13, on fire
BB New Mexico, Shell hits 4, on fire
DD Parrott, Shell hits 1

Day Time Surface Combat, near Koumac at 114,157, Range 22,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
DD Oboro, on fire

Allied Ships
BB Colorado, on fire
BB New Mexico, on fire
DD Parrott

Maximum visibility in Overcast Conditions: 20,000 yards
Range increases to 22,000 yards...
Both Task Forces evade combat

Morning Air attack on 15th Chinese Corps, at 86,47

Weather in hex: Clear sky

Raid spotted at 47 NM, estimated altitude 5,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 13 minutes

Japanese aircraft
Ki-30 Ann x 10
Ki-43-Ia Oscar x 6

No Japanese losses

Allied ground losses:
28 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 3 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Morning Air attack on Wuchow , at 76,57

Weather in hex: Severe storms

Raid spotted at 19 NM, estimated altitude 8,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 6 minutes

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27b Nate x 4
Ki-36 Ida x 20
Ki-48-Ib Lily x 12
Ki-51 Sonia x 10

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-36 Ida: 2 damaged
Ki-48-Ib Lily: 1 damaged
Ki-51 Sonia: 3 damaged

Airbase hits 2
Airbase supply hits 5
Runway hits 59

Morning Air attack on 70th Chinese Corps, at 87,57

Raid spotted at 41 NM, estimated altitude 8,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 13 minutes

Japanese aircraft
Ki-21-Ic Sally x 21

No Japanese losses

Allied ground losses:
91 casualties reported
Squads: 2 destroyed, 2 disabled
Non Combat: 6 destroyed, 2 disabled
Guns lost 5 (2 destroyed, 3 disabled)

Aircraft Attacking:
21 x Ki-21-Ic Sally bombing from 7000 feet
Ground Attack: 4 x 250 kg GP Bomb

Also attacking 100th Chinese Corps ...
Also attacking 70th Chinese Corps ...

Morning Air attack on Jorhat , at 63,38

Raid spotted at 38 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 11 minutes

Japanese aircraft
Ki-48-Ib Lily x 15

No Japanese losses

Airbase hits 2
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 2

Aircraft Attacking:
15 x Ki-48-Ib Lily bombing from 7000 feet *
Airfield Attack: 2 x 100 kg GP Bomb

Morning Air attack on 15th Division, at 80,54

Raid spotted at 16 NM, estimated altitude 16,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 5 minutes

Allied aircraft
SB-III x 3

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
12 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x SB-III bombing from 15000 feet *
Ground Attack: 3 x 100 kg GP Bomb

Morning Air attack on 16th Guards Regiment, at 55,45

Raid spotted at 17 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 11

Allied aircraft
Hudson III (LR) x 5

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
Hudson III (LR): 1 destroyed

CAP engaged:
15th Ku S-1 with A6M2 Zero (11 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
11 plane(s) intercepting now.
Group patrol altitude is 12000
Raid is overhead

Morning Air attack on 2nd Recon Regiment, at 74,129

Raid spotted at 39 NM, estimated altitude 10,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 12 minutes

Allied aircraft
Blenheim I x 3
Hudson IIIa x 3
B-25C Mitchell x 3
Beaufort V x 3
Hudson I x 3
P-39D Airacobra x 9

Allied aircraft losses
Hudson IIIa: 1 damaged
B-25C Mitchell: 1 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
43 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 7 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Hudson I bombing from 7000 feet
Ground Attack: 4 x 250 lb GP Bomb
3 x Beaufort V bombing from 7000 feet
Ground Attack: 4 x 500 lb GP Bomb
3 x B-25C Mitchell bombing from 7000 feet
Ground Attack: 6 x 500 lb GP Bomb
3 x Hudson IIIa bombing from 7000 feet
3 x Blenheim I bombing from 7000 feet

Morning Air attack on 2nd Recon Regiment, at 74,129

Raid spotted at 25 NM, estimated altitude 10,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 10 minutes

Allied aircraft
B-25C Mitchell x 13
Wirraway x 6

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
50 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 4 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 4 disabled

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x Wirraway bombing from 7000 feet
Ground Attack: 2 x 100 lb GP Bomb
13 x B-25C Mitchell bombing from 7000 feet
Ground Attack: 6 x 500 lb GP Bomb

Morning Air attack on 15th JAAF Base Force, at 64,42 (Myitkyina)

Raid spotted at 37 NM, estimated altitude 13,000 feet.

Allied aircraft
Hudson IIIa x 11

No Allied losses

Aircraft Attacking:
11 x Hudson IIIa bombing from 10000 feet *
Ground Attack: 2 x 250 lb GP Bomb

Morning Air attack on 5th Division, at 73,129

Raid spotted at 19 NM, estimated altitude 10,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 13

Allied aircraft
H81-A3 x 9
B-17E Fortress x 10

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
H81-A3: 3 destroyed
B-17E Fortress: 2 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
87 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 4 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 7 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x B-17E Fortress bombing from 7000 feet
Ground Attack: 8 x 500 lb GP Bomb
3 x B-17E Fortress bombing from 7000 feet
4 x B-17E Fortress bombing from 7000 feet

CAP engaged:
Tainan Ku S-1 with A6M2 Zero (9 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
9 plane(s) intercepting now.
Group patrol altitude is 31000
Raid is overhead
3rd Ku S-1 Det B with A6M2 Zero (4 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
4 plane(s) intercepting now.
Group patrol altitude is 15000
Raid is overhead

Also attacking 24th Infantry Regiment ...

Afternoon Air attack on Noumea , at 115,160

Weather in hex: Overcast

Raid spotted at 48 NM, estimated altitude 9,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 16 minutes

Japanese aircraft
Ki-43-Ic Oscar x 22

Allied aircraft
P-39D Airacobra x 9
P-40E Warhawk x 7
F4F-3 Wildcat x 15
F4F-4 Wildcat x 21

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-43-Ic Oscar: 3 destroyed

CAP engaged:
VF-42 with F4F-4 Wildcat (4 airborne, 10 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 20000 , scrambling fighters to 20000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 13 minutes
VF-8 with F4F-3 Wildcat (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 15 out of immediate contact.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 12 minutes
VMF-211 with F4F-4 Wildcat (2 airborne, 5 on standby, 0 scrambling)
2 plane(s) intercepting now.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 13 minutes
28th CG/11th FS with P-40E Warhawk (0 airborne, 5 on standby, 0 scrambling)
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 2 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 29000 , scrambling fighters to 29000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 18 minutes
35th FG/39th FS with P-39D Airacobra (3 airborne, 6 on standby, 0 scrambling)
3 plane(s) intercepting now.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 8 minutes

Afternoon Air attack on Changsha , at 82,52

Raid spotted at 36 NM, estimated altitude 19,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
Ki-43-Ic Oscar x 9

Allied aircraft
H81-A3 x 1

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-43-Ic Oscar: 1 destroyed

Aircraft Attacking:
7 x Ki-43-Ic Oscar sweeping at 15000 feet
1 x Ki-43-Ic Oscar sweeping at 15000 feet

CAP engaged:
AVG/1st Sqn with H81-A3 (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 1 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 4 minutes

Afternoon Air attack on 33rd Division, at 69,48 (Kunming)

Raid spotted at 35 NM, estimated altitude 13,000 feet.

Allied aircraft
SB-III x 6

No Allied losses

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x SB-III bombing from 10000 feet *
3 x SB-III bombing from 10000 feet *

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Koepang at 70,120

Raid spotted at 31 NM, estimated altitude 10,000 feet.

Allied aircraft
Beaufort V x 5

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
xAP Kamakura Maru
xAK Tazan Maru

Aircraft Attacking:
5 x Beaufort V bombing from 6000 feet
Naval Attack: 4 x 500 lb SAP Bomb

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Noumea at 115,160

Raid detected at 40 NM, estimated altitude 10,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 14 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 9
G4M1 Betty x 15

Allied aircraft
P-39D Airacobra x 8
P-40E Warhawk x 4
F4F-3A Wildcat x 2
F4F-3 Wildcat x 15
F4F-4 Wildcat x 19

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 5 destroyed
G4M1 Betty: 1 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
P-39D Airacobra: 1 destroyed

CAP engaged:
VF-42 with F4F-4 Wildcat (6 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
(12 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
6 plane(s) intercepting now.
6 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 20000 , scrambling fighters between 15000 and 31000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 47 minutes
2 planes vectored on to bombers
(15 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
15 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 15000 , scrambling fighters to 22000.
15 planes vectored on to bombers
VMF-211 with F4F-4 Wildcat (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
(7 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
6 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 1 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 20000 , scrambling fighters between 19000 and 31000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 65 minutes
1 planes vectored on to bombers
VMF-212 with F4F-3A Wildcat (2 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
(2 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
Group patrol altitude is 20000
Raid is overhead
28th CG/11th FS with P-40E Warhawk (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
(4 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
2 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 2 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 29000 , scrambling fighters to 5000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 15 minutes
35th FG/39th FS with P-39D Airacobra (4 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
(8 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
4 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 20000 , scrambling fighters between 21000 and 31000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 16 minutes
4 planes vectored on to bombers

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Ouv'ea at 115,157

Estimated time to target is 15 minutes

Japanese aircraft
G3M2 Nell x 20

Allied aircraft
P-38E Lightning x 1
P-39D Airacobra x 3
P-40E Warhawk x 12
F4F-3 Wildcat x 17
F4F-4 Wildcat x 8

Japanese aircraft losses
G3M2 Nell: 12 destroyed, 1 damaged

Allied Ships
BB New Mexico, on fire

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x G3M2 Nell launching torpedoes at 200 feet
Naval Attack: 1 x 18in Type 91 Torpedo

CAP engaged:
(15 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 15 out of immediate contact.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 20 minutes
28th CG/11th FS with P-40E Warhawk (2 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 29000
Raid is overhead
35th FG/39th FS with P-39D Airacobra (3 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
(3 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
Raid is overhead
VF-3 with F4F-4 Wildcat (8 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
8 plane(s) intercepting now.
Raid is overhead
VMF-121 with F4F-3 Wildcat (2 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Raid is overhead
18th FG/19th FS with P-40E Warhawk (10 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
10 plane(s) intercepting now.
Raid is overhead
49th FG/Hq Sqn with P-38E Lightning (1 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
1 plane(s) intercepting now.
Group patrol altitude is 25000
Raid is overhead

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Mare' at 117,161

Raid spotted at 28 NM, estimated altitude 13,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 6
B5N1 Kate x 15
B5N2 Kate x 4
D3A1 Val x 34

Allied aircraft
P-39D Airacobra x 1
P-40E Warhawk x 2
F4F-4 Wildcat x 3

Japanese aircraft losses
D3A1 Val: 4 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
F4F-4 Wildcat: 1 destroyed

Allied Ships
xAK Kansan, Bomb hits 4, heavy fires, heavy damage
xAK Santa Teresa, Bomb hits 2, heavy fires, heavy damage
xAK Sagadahoc, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
DMS Trevor, Bomb hits 2, heavy fires, heavy damage
xAK Charles H Cramp, Torpedo hits 4, and is sunk
xAK Harry Luckenbach, Bomb hits 4, and is sunk
xAK Californian, Bomb hits 5, and is sunk
xAK J.L. Luckenbach, Bomb hits 2, on fire

Aircraft Attacking:
7 x D3A1 Val releasing from 2000'
Naval Attack: 1 x 250 kg SAP Bomb
6 x D3A1 Val releasing from 2000'
15 x B5N1 Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet
6 x D3A1 Val releasing from 2000'
4 x B5N2 Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet
7 x D3A1 Val releasing from 3000'
4 x D3A1 Val releasing from 1000'
4 x D3A1 Val releasing from 1000'

CAP engaged:
VMF-211 with F4F-4 Wildcat (3 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
(3 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
Raid is overhead
35th FG/39th FS with P-39D Airacobra (1 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
(1 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
Raid is overhead
Raid is overhead

Heavy smoke from fires obscuring xAK Santa Teresa
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring xAK Californian
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring xAK Harry Luckenbach
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring xAK J.L. Luckenbach
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring xAK Kansan

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Anatom at 120,161

Raid spotted at 16 NM, estimated altitude 16,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
D3A1 Val x 35

No Japanese losses

Allied Ships
xAKL Boelongan, Bomb hits 4, and is sunk
xAKL Sibolga, Bomb hits 2, heavy fires, heavy damage
xAKL Duijmar van Twist, Bomb hits 2, heavy fires, heavy damage
xAKL Siaoe, Bomb hits 6, and is sunk
xAKL Benkalis
xAKL Belawan, Bomb hits 3, and is sunk
xAKL Bust, Bomb hits 1, heavy fires
xAKL Halldor, Bomb hits 3, and is sunk

Aircraft Attacking:
10 x D3A1 Val releasing from 1000'
12 x D3A1 Val releasing from 3000'
8 x D3A1 Val releasing from 3000'
5 x D3A1 Val releasing from 1000'

Heavy smoke from fires obscuring xAKL Sibolga
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring xAKL Duijmar van Twist
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring xAKL Halldor
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring xAKL Siaoe

Raid detected at 120 NM, estimated altitude 10,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 51 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 37
B5N2 Kate x 19

Allied aircraft
P-39D Airacobra x 3
F4F-3A Wildcat x 2
F4F-4 Wildcat x 12

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 1 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
F4F-3A Wildcat: 1 destroyed
F4F-4 Wildcat: 2 destroyed

Allied Ships
DD Vendetta, Bomb hits 3, and is sunk

Aircraft Attacking:
19 x B5N2 Kate bombing from 5000 feet
Naval Attack: 2 x 250 kg SAP Bomb
3 x A6M2 Zero sweeping at 15000 feet

CAP engaged:
VF-42 with F4F-4 Wildcat (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
2 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 6 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 20000 , scrambling fighters between 15000 and 27000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 58 minutes
VMF-212 with F4F-3A Wildcat (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
2 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 20000 , scrambling fighters to 9000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 21 minutes
VMF-211 with F4F-4 Wildcat (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
4 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 20000 , scrambling fighters to 13000.
35th FG/39th FS with P-39D Airacobra (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
3 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 20000 , scrambling fighters to 4000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 26 minutes

Heavy smoke from fires obscuring DD Vendetta

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Noumea at 114,160

Weather in hex: Heavy rain

Raid detected at 40 NM, estimated altitude 7,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 17 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 3
B5N1 Kate x 11

No Japanese losses

Allied Ships
xAK Steel Voyager, Torpedo hits 4, and is sunk

Allied ground losses:
104 casualties reported
Squads: 7 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 10 destroyed, 0 disabled

Aircraft Attacking:
11 x B5N1 Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet

Steel Voyager dead in the water ...

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Ouv'ea at 115,157

Estimated time to target is 15 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 6
D3A1 Val x 12

Allied aircraft
P-39D Airacobra x 2
P-40E Warhawk x 12
F4F-3 Wildcat x 17
F4F-4 Wildcat x 8

Japanese aircraft losses
D3A1 Val: 8 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
P-40E Warhawk: 1 destroyed

CAP engaged:
VF-3 with F4F-4 Wildcat (8 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
8 plane(s) intercepting now.
Raid is overhead
VF-8 with F4F-3 Wildcat (15 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
15 plane(s) intercepting now.
Raid is overhead
VMF-121 with F4F-3 Wildcat (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 2 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 15000 , scrambling fighters to 10000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 40 minutes
Raid is overhead
18th FG/19th FS with P-40E Warhawk (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
10 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 29000 , scrambling fighters to 4000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 5 minutes
Group patrol altitude is 20000 , scrambling fighters to 4000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 70 minutes

Raid detected at 120 NM, estimated altitude 7,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 52 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 5
B5N1 Kate x 24
D3A1 Val x 20

Allied aircraft
P-39D Airacobra x 1
F4F-4 Wildcat x 2

Japanese aircraft losses
B5N1 Kate: 2 destroyed, 5 damaged
D3A1 Val: 5 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
F4F-4 Wildcat: 1 destroyed

Allied Ships
BB Warspite, Bomb hits 5, Torpedo hits 6, and is sunk
DD Dent
CL Sumatra, Bomb hits 1, Torpedo hits 2, heavy fires, heavy damage
DD Scout

Aircraft Attacking:
10 x B5N1 Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet
10 x D3A1 Val releasing from 2000'
11 x B5N1 Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet
5 x D3A1 Val releasing from 1000'
5 x D3A1 Val releasing from 3000'

CAP engaged:
VF-42 with F4F-4 Wildcat (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 20000 , scrambling fighters between 8000 and 10000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 30 minutes
1 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 20000 , scrambling fighters to 7000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 19 minutes

Raid spotted at 14 NM, estimated altitude 6,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 1
B5N2 Kate x 3

Allied aircraft
P-39D Airacobra x 1
P-40E Warhawk x 1

Japanese aircraft losses
B5N2 Kate: 1 destroyed

Allied Ships
xAK J.L. Luckenbach, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk

Aircraft Attacking:
1 x B5N2 Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet

CAP engaged:
1 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 20000 , scrambling fighters to 9000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 16 minutes
28th CG/11th FS with P-40E Warhawk (1 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Raid is overhead

Raid spotted at 24 NM, estimated altitude 9,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 8 minutes

Japanese aircraft
G4M1 Betty x 21

No Japanese losses

Allied Ships
xAK Santa Teresa, Torpedo hits 3, and is sunk
xAK Kansan, and is sunk
DMS Trevor, heavy fires, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
21 x G4M1 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet

Ground combat at 84,42

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 640 troops, 81 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1233

Defending force 28016 troops, 152 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1003

Allied ground losses:
6 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled

Assaulting units:
116th Division
15th Tank Regiment
61st Infantry Brigade
13th Tank Regiment
36th Division
14th Medium Field Artillery Regiment
52nd Ind.Mtn.Gun Battalion
12th Army
11th Field Artillery Regiment

Defending units:
36th Chinese Corps
92nd Chinese Corps
9th Chinese Corps
41st Chinese Corps
90th Chinese Corps
4th Construction Regiment
5th War Area
22nd Group Army

Ground combat at Noumea (115,160)

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 16288 troops, 153 guns, 46 vehicles, Assault Value = 615

Defending force 11509 troops, 152 guns, 92 vehicles, Assault Value = 298

Japanese adjusted assault: 194

Allied adjusted defense: 775

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 3 (fort level 1)

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), preparation(-), experience(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
1769 casualties reported
Squads: 10 destroyed, 110 disabled
Non Combat: 6 destroyed, 82 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 3 disabled

Allied ground losses:
667 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 36 disabled
Non Combat: 2 destroyed, 65 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled

Assaulting units:
82nd Naval Guard Unit
14th/A Division
65th Naval Guard Unit
42nd Naval Guard Unit
48th Naval Guard Unit
Maizuru 1st SNLF
44th Naval Guard Unit
14th/B Division

Defending units:
29th NZ Battalion
24th (Sep) Infantry Regiment
34th NZ Battalion
New Caledonia Det
804th Engineer Aviation Battalion
3rd Marine Defense Battalion
30th Aviation Base Force
118th USAAF Base Force
N Force Detachment
112th USA Base Force
B Det USN Port Svc
223rd Field Artillery Battalion
VII US Bomber Cmnd
C Det USN Port Svc

- Nigel Molesworth.

Post #: 1822
RE: Op Consanguinity - 9/15/2010 1:09:56 PM   
sprior

What can I say? I can say "arse". Arse.

- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 1823
RE: Op Consanguinity - 9/15/2010 1:43:47 PM   
Yakface

Capital ship losses look as if they are in your favour - Mississippi and Warspite for Fuso and Ise looks good.

Lots of troops swimming though.

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 1824
RE: Op Consanguinity - 9/15/2010 1:54:12 PM   
Itdepends

Bugger

Best laid plans etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-Y3AsZ19Hc

< Message edited by Itdepends -- 9/15/2010 1:55:50 PM >

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 1825
RE: Op Consanguinity - 9/15/2010 1:58:09 PM   
sprior

We we Operation Buggritt too which is a corps-sized incursion into Burma.

- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to Itdepends)
Post #: 1826
RE: Op Consanguinity - 9/15/2010 2:02:02 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

Now for a poll. If success is defined as delivery of >20,000 tons of supply to New Scotland with rough parity in air and naval losses, what is the likelihood of succes of Operation Consanguinity?

Very high, I'd say. Very high.

Wait...was your definition of 'success' getting your BBs sunk and your surface fleet spanked in humiliating fashion? [rereads Caps previous posting] Oh, that's different...

Not a chance in hell.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 1827
RE: Op Consanguinity - 9/15/2010 2:02:58 PM   
sprior

Oh poo to you.

- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 1828
RE: Op Consanguinity - 9/15/2010 2:17:17 PM   
Onime No Kyo

It's gonna be a long war.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 1829
RE: Op Consanguinity - 9/15/2010 2:23:49 PM   
sprior

And here's me thinking it was going to be over by Christmas.

- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 1830
Page:   <<   < prev  59 60 [61] 62 63   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Op Buggritt Page: <<   < prev  59 60 [61] 62 63   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI