Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

2nd Platoon, B Coy., 803rd EAB

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> 2nd Platoon, B Coy., 803rd EAB Page: <<   < prev  74 75 [76] 77 78   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2nd Platoon, B Coy., 803rd EAB - 10/21/2010 4:17:58 PM   
Cap Mandrake

***with 2nd Platoon, B Coy., 803rd EAB, June 2, 1942, Katherine*****

<a crew is finishing up a bunker>

Pvt. Rivera (token Puerto Rican):
Hey Kowalski, get a load of that!

Pvt. Kowalski (token Pole): <looks in direction indicated by Rivera. In the far distance there is a massive reptile standing on two legs and he or she looks kinda angry. He or she thrashes back and forth. Large plates on his or her back oscillate oddly. In fact they look to be made of rubber. And the thing has no neck either. OK, I'll say it. It looks like some guy in a big rubber suit>

What the ****? <A B-26 zooms low over the creature and is promptly incinerated by a fireball from the creatures mouth. The scale of the thing becomes evident. He or she then emits an odd roar that curiously in the treble range for his or her size but still creepy>

Madre de Dios! That is the biggest ******* lizzard I have ever seen.

No ****! We are going to need bigger bunkers.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 10/21/2010 4:18:20 PM >

(in reply to BrucePowers)
Post #: 2251
RE: 2nd Platoon, B Coy., 803rd EAB - 10/21/2010 4:34:00 PM   
BrucePowers

Run Away!

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 2252
RE: 2nd Platoon, B Coy., 803rd EAB - 10/21/2010 5:50:44 PM   
sprior

quote:

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

Run Away!

We are.

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to BrucePowers)
Post #: 2253
RE: 2nd Platoon, B Coy., 803rd EAB - 10/21/2010 11:43:10 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

Pvt. Kowalski (token Pole): <looks in direction indicated by Rivera. In the far distance there is a massive reptile standing on two legs and he or she looks kinda angry. He or she thrashes back and forth. Large plates on his or her back oscillate oddly. In fact they look to be made of rubber. And the thing has no neck either. OK, I'll say it. It looks like some guy in a big rubber suit>

What the ****? <A B-26 zooms low over the creature and is promptly incinerated by a fireball from the creatures mouth. The scale of the thing becomes evident. He or she then emits an odd roar that curiously in the treble range for his or her size but still creepy>

They hired a Mexican to play a Pole? Someone in Casting will pay for this.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

Post #: 2254
RE: 2nd Platoon, B Coy., 803rd EAB - 10/21/2010 11:50:37 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

Oh, you mean "Madre de Dios!"? Nah, everybody in the PTO says that now. It has pretty much replaced "Zounds!"

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 2255
RE: 2nd Platoon, B Coy., 803rd EAB - 10/22/2010 1:44:40 AM   
BrucePowers

You've been saying it for years

Post #: 2256
RE: 2nd Platoon, B Coy., 803rd EAB - 10/22/2010 6:31:33 AM   
Moondawggie

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh, you mean "Madre de Dios!"? Nah, everybody in the PTO says that now. It has pretty much replaced "Zounds!"

Zounds!

Could someone tell me how to work the upgrade path for IJA AA equipment so I can get access to the Godzilla Mark 3 model, too?

"The Yankees got all the smart ones, and look where it got them."

General George Pickett, the night before Gettysburg

Post #: 2257
RE: 2nd Platoon, B Coy., 803rd EAB - 10/22/2010 9:29:04 AM   
sprior

quote:

Nah, everybody in the PTO says that now.

Thank goodness we're in SEAC/Oz and can just say "Oh bugger".

- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to Moondawggie)
Post #: 2258
RE: 2nd Platoon, B Coy., 803rd EAB - 10/22/2010 12:29:49 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moondawggie

quote:

quote:

quote:

Zounds!

Could someone tell me how to work the upgrade path for IJA AA equipment so I can get access to the Godzilla Mark 3 model, too?

You cant. Its classified as an AFV. The flak is integral.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Moondawggie)
Post #: 2259
RE: 2nd Platoon, B Coy., 803rd EAB - 10/22/2010 3:38:37 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

quote:

Nah, everybody in the PTO says that now.

Thank goodness we're in SEAC/Oz and can just say "Oh bugger".

That may well be but a Polish meatpacker from Chicago is not going to say "Oh bugger" when he sees Gozira for the first time, ragrdless of local custom.

Even if he were a fudgepacker instead of a meatpacker I don't think he would say it.

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 2260
RE: Lips are sealed - 10/22/2010 3:43:01 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

While reading the manual (I know its a revolutionary notion Cap) I saw mention of bonus unit activations if the enemy crosses into Southern Australia (wherever that is). Would anyone know what these would ammount to and if it might be worth it to let the LYBs down there and then pound the stuffing out of them?

This is a good point. I am aware of such a thing from some sort of primordial genetic memory. I believe it greatly enhances militia replacements in Oz. I do not know where the tripwire is but you can best believe Admiral Rord Nelson-san will know.

Post #: 2261
RE: Lips are sealed - 10/22/2010 3:56:56 PM   
Smeulders

quote:

quote:

While reading the manual (I know its a revolutionary notion Cap) I saw mention of bonus unit activations if the enemy crosses into Southern Australia (wherever that is). Would anyone know what these would ammount to and if it might be worth it to let the LYBs down there and then pound the stuffing out of them?

This is a good point. I am aware of such a thing from some sort of primordial genetic memory. I believe it greatly enhances militia replacements in Oz. I do not know where the tripwire is but you can best believe Admiral Rord Nelson-san will know.

One hex South of Brisbane, arriving troops are 1x British Div, 1x Armoured Bde, 1x Para Bde, 1x Inf Bde, 1x Mtd Rifles Rgt, 9th Australian Division will show up sooner. The highlights of the invasion convoy are over 200 Ozzie squads, 108 British squads, 48 Vickers squads, 48 Aus Combat Eng, 72 25-pdrs, 48 Stuarts, 80 fighters (32 Spitfire!) and a bunch of DB and Medium bombers. In short, no sensible LYB-general will trigger that unless he's planning to knock out all of Australia.

Post #: 2262
RE: Lips are sealed - 10/22/2010 3:59:13 PM   
Alfred

quote:

quote:

Tripwire is 1 hex horizontal line south of Brisbane. Means LYB can invade anywhere in Western Australia and up to and including Port Augusta in South Australia, without triggering the reinforcements.

Alfred

Post #: 2263
RE: Lips are sealed - 10/22/2010 4:00:24 PM   
sprior

Let's hope they forget or can't find the reference in tha manual (I can't).

- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 2264
RE: 2nd Platoon, B Coy., 803rd EAB - 10/22/2010 4:02:10 PM   
sprior

quote:

Even if he were a fudgepacker

I say, steady on old boy. One doesn't talk about a chap like that. Even if he does wear brown hat.

< Message edited by sprior -- 10/22/2010 4:04:14 PM >

- Nigel Molesworth.

Post #: 2265
RE: 2nd Platoon, B Coy., 803rd EAB - 10/22/2010 5:36:16 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

quote:

Even if he were a fudgepacker

I say, steady on old boy. One doesn't talk about a chap like that. Even if he does wear brown hat.

Gasp! Oh no, it appears I have been misunderstood. I meant if he worked as a fudgepacker at The Fudge Pot, about 3 blocks South of the zoo on Wells St. The proprietor is an English expat you see.

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 2266
RE: Lips are sealed - 10/22/2010 5:45:44 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred

quote:

quote:

Tripwire is 1 hex horizontal line south of Brisbane. Means LYB can invade anywhere in Western Australia and up to and including Port Augusta in South Australia, without triggering the reinforcements.

Alfred

I am guessing Dusty Springfield is North of the tripwire then...must be. Given this information about Queensland being free pickings, if the LYB's have their way in the Outback, it would make more sense for them to turn SE and head for Normanton/Charter Towers/Townsville/Cairns thereby protecting their bases in New Guinea and gaining fine ports. This would be most unpleasant. Perhaps we need another US Division from Hawaii (when we have the points)

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 2267
MIMA - 10/22/2010 11:51:36 PM   
Cap Mandrake

*******La Foa Harbor, 18:30, June 2, 1942******

A damaged PBY is being loaded beyond capacity with the wounded. The pilot's side windscreen has been shot up. There should be panic, but there is not.

Beachmaster: <yells out> Can somebody fly this damn thing? The pilot and co-pilot are KIA.

USAAF Lt. with neatly trimmed beard and a bandolier of machine gun ammo: I can do it sargeant! <He rests his .50 cal on a cocconut palm stump and fires a burst at a Jap destroyer off shore. Owing to the range, the rounds arc perhaps 30-40 ft in the air before slamming into the bridge of the destroyer> HAHAHAHAHAHA! Take that you little yellow bastards! Somebody! Take my weapon!.................

Post #: 2268
RE: MIMA - 10/23/2010 3:00:24 AM   
Mynok

I thought Yossarian had left La Foa already?

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

Post #: 2269
RE: MIMA - 10/23/2010 4:17:07 AM   
Chickenboy

No no no. Aren't you following the plotline, you clumsy Martian? This is WWIIc's version of "The most Interesting Man in the World".

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 2270
RE: MIMA - 10/23/2010 4:53:50 AM   
Mynok

Well, that's me, the alien biped, and I'm quite sure I left La Foa weeks ago on a rowboat loaded with vienna sausages and moonshine.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2271
RE: MIMA - 10/23/2010 6:33:01 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok

Well, that's me, the alien biped, and I'm quite sure I left La Foa weeks ago on a rowboat loaded with vienna sausages and moonshine.

He came back because he had a premonition he would be needed to fly a PBY?

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 2272
EVAC - 10/23/2010 7:30:10 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Attachment (1)

Post #: 2273
RE: MIMA - 10/23/2010 9:27:28 PM   
BrucePowers

quote:

*******La Foa Harbor, 18:30, June 2, 1942******

A damaged PBY is being loaded beyond capacity with the wounded. The pilot's side windscreen has been shot up. There should be panic, but there is not.

Beachmaster: <yells out> Can somebody fly this damn thing? The pilot and co-pilot are KIA.

USAAF Lt. with neatly trimmed beard and a bandolier of machine gun ammo: I can do it sargeant! <He rests his .50 cal on a cocconut palm stump and fires a burst at a Jap destroyer off shore. Owing to the range, the rounds arc perhaps 30-40 ft in the air before slamming into the bridge of the destroyer> HAHAHAHAHAHA! Take that you little yellow bastards! Somebody! Take my weapon!.................

Good show old boy. Good show.

Post #: 2274
RE: EVAC - 10/24/2010 2:05:51 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Is that a UH-1 or a Catalina, I cannot tell.

Post #: 2275
RE: EVAC - 10/24/2010 2:30:46 AM   
Alfred

quote:

I do like Cap Mandrake's attention to detail - note the M&M marking on the helicopter. Although I do wonder, as this is an M&M service, why they wouldn't be accepting greenbacks in lieu of boarding passess?

Alfred

Post #: 2276
RE: EVAC - 10/24/2010 3:24:43 AM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

Is that a UH-1 or a Catalina, I cannot tell.

There is always some equipment geek in the crowd.

"No...that is the G model. The H model had a larger inlet for the radiator and wasn't in service till late '43"

Post #: 2277
RE: EVAC - 10/24/2010 3:26:43 AM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

I do like Cap Mandrake's attention to detail - note the M&M marking on the helicopter. Although I do wonder, as this is an M&M service, why they wouldn't be accepting greenbacks in lieu of boarding passess?

Alfred

Yes, indeed, cash is king, but the average infantryman on La Foa in early June 42 is not carrying.

Here is the salient question. What bad thing is happening?

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 2278
RE: EVAC - 10/24/2010 8:44:43 AM   
sprior

Ooh, ooh, I know, I know.

- Nigel Molesworth.

Post #: 2279
RE: EVAC - 10/24/2010 8:50:04 AM   
Smeulders

quote:

quote:

Alfred

Yes, indeed, cash is king, but the average infantryman on La Foa in early June 42 is not carrying.

Here is the salient question. What bad thing is happening?

The beer ran out. They thought they still had some left in a bunker, but it turns out it was just a thin layer of beer over the ammunition and food. Now that all the important supplies have run out, everyone wants to leave.

Post #: 2280
Page:   <<   < prev  74 75 [76] 77 78   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> 2nd Platoon, B Coy., 803rd EAB Page: <<   < prev  74 75 [76] 77 78   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI