Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: War jitters

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: War jitters Page: <<   < prev  82 83 [84] 85 86   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: War jitters - 11/10/2010 8:23:55 PM   
sprior

Welcome funn.

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to funngunner)
Post #: 2491
RE: War jitters - 11/11/2010 8:31:48 AM   
sprior

8th June.

Darwin falls as the Emery Point battery is overhwelmed by JJs 16th Div. Those guns did another day's worth of execution amonst JJ's transports first though.

K holds off anothe 1:2 attack but the support units passing through take a bit of a beating.

- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 2492
RE: War jitters - 11/11/2010 1:29:21 PM   
USSAmerica

It seems that after the carnage at New Caledonia and now at Darwin, JJ is probably running a little short of transports.  You guys are doing a great job of bleeding them.  

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 2493
RE: War jitters - 11/11/2010 7:31:31 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Indeed, welcome funn. You have indeed been lurking as I dont recall any icebergs in WWII(c) yet.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 2494
RE: War jitters - 11/11/2010 7:54:52 PM   
Cap Mandrake

************June 9, 1942***********

South Pac: The LYB's sent transports to Tanna. I believe they are picking up the substantial number of troops there (numerous Naval Guard units) that are no longer needed as a garrison. Aside from subs there is not much to be done as both Koumac and Noumea are power centers for Jap air strength (> 110 bombers at Noumea for eg). A supply TF is arriving off Suva today and may attract some Bettys. I am hoping the P-40 squadron at Suva can cover them. I sent the cruiser force down toward Wellington for safety. I am worried that Jap carriers might sneak down East of the Santa Cruz Islands and hit Fiji. Only support ships and some PT boats will remain at Fiji.

I am going to send a Bn each of 102nd Inf Reg to the two small Islands S and E of Fiji which have level 1 ports and easily buildable airfields. Two of the most easily built Tongan islands will also get some protection because I dont want Fiji to be cut off and be a repeat of New Scotland. The Japs have subs North of Fiji, probably in the recon role..but I cant know it is a prelude to an attack or defensive.

Norfolk Island airfield is shut down and I am having fun wrecking trapped Bettys on the ground with the B-17's at Auckland.

I am backfilling the search voids at Baker and Palmyra after I stripped them for the fight at La Foa.

The two USN carriers and the RN carrier sortied from Wellington to prepare for targets of opportunity near Norfolk. their fighter strength is good but strike aircraft are limited.

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 2495
RE: War jitters - 11/11/2010 8:28:03 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

8th June.

Darwin falls as the Emery Point battery is overhwelmed by JJs 16th Div. Those guns did another day's worth of execution amonst JJ's transports first though.

K holds off anothe 1:2 attack but the support units passing through take a bit of a beating.

Agreed. It seems we got quite a crappy die roll at Katherine. We took 2 1/2 times the casualties of the attacker and they went off at 1:2. maybe we should ask for a do-over.

If we can't get all the camp followers from Darwin out of Katherine before the town falls it will look like the Falaise Gap. I have a feeling British 18 Div will not be much of a fighting force for a while if they get booted out. We will need about 2 d without a Jap attack to get out.

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 2496
RE: War jitters - 11/12/2010 6:26:55 AM   
Scott_USN

What ever happened to the Sailor who unplugged the Imperial Croaking Device mk1?

Just kidding but that was some funny ****!

little USO humor for the Australian Front... Who would think Australia would be a major front :)

Where is the 1st marine, 37th ID 6th 7th Aussie? Maybe I missed something. 1st marine should be just about in theater I think. So many different scenarios these days

< Message edited by Scott_USN -- 11/12/2010 6:30:09 AM >

Post #: 2497
RE: War jitters - 11/12/2010 8:22:18 AM   
sprior

23ID is at Alice Springs, 6th & 7th Aus Divs are in India about to be picked up and moved to Perth as part of Operation Weasel.

- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to Scott_USN)
Post #: 2498
RE: War jitters - 11/12/2010 3:06:28 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

23ID is at Alice Springs, 6th & 7th Aus Divs are in India about to be picked up and moved to Perth as part of Operation Weasel.

Oh goodie! We love operations named after skinny carnivores.

I think you mistyped. 32nd ID is at Alice.

One regiment of 37th ID is at Samoa, one regiment at Fiji prepping for an attack on Norfolk and one is aboard ship..somewhere.

1st Marine is arriving by regiment. 1st Marine Regt is at San Diego and about to embark. Not sure right now what the other regiments are.

There are now at least 5 Jap divisions in Northern Oz. We are going to need more Yanks in Oz.

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 2499
RE: War jitters - 11/12/2010 4:23:05 PM   
Alfred

Cap Mandrake,

In view of your penchant for skinny carnivores, may I suggest you also consider "ferret" for other operations in Australia. With all those rabbit warrens in Australia, ferrets can become fat carnivores. Think of the benefit to the Allies of sending ferrets down rabbit holes. Food (=supplies) for the Allies, fur/felt for Luxury Coats Division, M&M Enterprises, Inc.

Alfred

Post #: 2500
RE: War jitters - 11/12/2010 6:56:32 PM   
Cap Mandrake

********The Admiralty (the building I mean), London, June 4, 1942**********

Sir Dudley:...<meeting of the Plenary Steering Committe for the NoMENclature Sub Committee, Royal Navy> Right then. Let's move on to the list of adjectives. Leading Wren Goodhead, would you be so kind? <motions to attractive young woman in Woman's Royal Navy Service unifrom. Her hair is tied back in a business-like fashion. Her ample, perky bosom struggles against the artificial restraints of her uniform. She pulls a cord and a large canvas falls to reveal a large list of adjectives which have been set up in front of a map of the North Atlantic>

Invincible
Inestimable
Indestructable
Illegitimate
Indecent
Indescribable

RN Officer: Sir, I move we strike the first item. Don't we have one already?

Sir Dudley: Good point, Roger. Leading Wren Goodhead, would you be so kind? <The young woman ascends a small stepstool to reach "Invincible". It is quite a reach. She leans against the map with one hand and balances on one leg, her other leg causing her skirt to hike upward alarmingly, revealing lean, firm thighs which are remarkably tanned. Perhaps she had served in the Caribbean. There is a collective holding of breath among the old men in the room and more than one sit mouth agape. A moaning sound comes from the chairman's chair> uuuuuuuuhhhhhhhh...Bermuda

Leading Wren Goodhead: <removes "Invincible" from list then turns with a knowing smile> Sir, I don't see "Bermuda" on the list.

Sir Dudley: <blushing...well actually his cheeks are kinda red already..one wonders if he might be indulging too much in fine Ports...the adult beverage, not the place with seamen..err...I mean sailors> Yes, of course Leading Wren Goodhead, that was splendid. <she begins to go down...the ladder I mean>

RN Officer with spittle at corner of mouth: Sir, I'd like to move we put Invincibile back at the top of the list.

RN Officer: Yes, I second that.

Cpt. Webster (USN): But, Capt., didn't you just moved to take it down?

RN Officer: I changed my mind.

Cpt. Webster (USN): But didn't younjust say the Royal Navy had such a named vessel?

RN Officer: Even so, I believe a reconsideration is in order.

Sir Dudley: I am going to accept the Captain's modification to his original motion. Leading Wren Goodhead, if you would be so kind. <as she ascends the ladder again, several heads lean toward the elegant confereance table to gain a better view>

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 11/12/2010 7:47:28 PM >

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 2501
RE: War jitters - 11/12/2010 7:49:51 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred

Cap Mandrake,

In view of your penchant for skinny carnivores, may I suggest you also consider "ferret" for other operations in Australia. With all those rabbit warrens in Australia, ferrets can become fat carnivores. Think of the benefit to the Allies of sending ferrets down rabbit holes. Food (=supplies) for the Allies, fur/felt for Luxury Coats Division, M&M Enterprises, Inc.

Alfred

I love your idea. We should consider naming all future operation after skinny carnivores whose name is a verb. I'll take it up with Admiral Lord Sprior.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 2502
RE: War jitters - 11/12/2010 8:18:51 PM   
Smeulders

You hired a couple of James Bond scriptwriters to help you choosing names didn't you ?

Post #: 2503
RE: War jitters - 11/12/2010 9:56:16 PM   
HMS Resolution

There actually wasn't an Invincible in WWII, so Wren Goodhead's charms must have befuddled the 1SL even more than he realized.

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 2504
RE: War jitters - 11/12/2010 10:28:43 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: HMS Resolution

There actually wasn't an Invincible in WWII, so Wren Goodhead's charms must have befuddled the 1SL even more than he realized.

I can't really blame them. I get all those "I" carriers mixed up too.

Now, HMS Befuddlement, there was a fine vessel.

(in reply to HMS Resolution)
Post #: 2505
RE: War jitters - 11/12/2010 10:29:48 PM   
Roger Neilson II

Can't recall an Illegitimate either.......

Roger

(in reply to HMS Resolution)
Post #: 2506
RE: War jitters - 11/12/2010 10:32:31 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Smeulders

You hired a couple of James Bond scriptwriters to help you choosing names didn't you ?

Nah, I just ripped it off.

I am 1/256 th Cherokee. I formed my own nation and unanimously passed a sweeping denunciation of intellectual property rights.

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 2507
RE: War jitters - 11/12/2010 10:37:05 PM   
Alfred

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

quote:

I am 1/256 th Cherokee. I formed my own nation and unanimously passed a sweeping denunciation of intellectual property rights.

Doesn't count. You need a seconder.

Alfred

Post #: 2508
RE: War jitters - 11/12/2010 10:42:15 PM   
Onime No Kyo

Judging by the progres of the war so far, I submit "Incontinent" as a possible choice.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

Post #: 2509
RE: War jitters - 11/12/2010 10:53:05 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

Judging by the progres of the war so far, I submit "Incontinent" as a possible choice.

Yes, good thinking. The Japs are already in continents, two of them, Asia and Australia. Really 3 if you want to count Oceania. It they attack the Aleutians it will be 4. Then they will REALLY be incontinent.

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 2510
RE: War jitters - 11/12/2010 10:58:24 PM   
Onime No Kyo

Ummm.....you missed the point.....methinks deliberately.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

Post #: 2511
RE: War jitters - 11/12/2010 11:01:40 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

quote:

quote:

Alfred

Bloody Hell.

I'm calling a Tribal Council, smokum peace pipe and other three 1/512 members can vote.

Running Bear, Morning Dove and Moon Unit rip off Disney songs from Napster so they vote with Chief Squatting Bear.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 2512
RE: War jitters - 11/12/2010 11:04:17 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

Yes, Squatting Bear understand. Big brown spot at HQ teepee when New Caledonia fall to yellow hairs.

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 2513
RE: War jitters - 11/12/2010 11:07:02 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

Yes, Squatting Bear understand. Big brown spot at HQ teepee when New Caledonia fall to yellow hairs.

Now you take it too seriously. Theres gotta be some balance here...

Post #: 2514
RE: War jitters - 11/12/2010 11:31:47 PM   
Alfred

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Alfred

Bloody Hell.

I'm calling a Tribal Council, smokum peace pipe and other three 1/512 members can vote.

Running Bear, Morning Dove and Moon Unit rip off Disney songs from Napster so they vote with Chief Squatting Bear.

Yes, but with 1/512 do they meet the limpieza de sangre test. Ask your Mayan housekeeper about this essential spanish Inquisition concept, although being of Mayan blood she probably failed it anyway.

Alfred

Post #: 2515
RE: War jitters - 11/13/2010 1:17:55 AM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

Yes, but with 1/512 do they meet the limpieza de sangre test. Ask your Mayan housekeeper about this essential spanish Inquisition concept, although being of Mayan blood she probably failed it anyway.

Alfred

That would be VERY dangerous. If I say anything about "limpieza de sangre" she will mistake it for cleaning instructions and I will end up with bleach marks on the carpet again.

Also, come to think of it, I am not quite sure how the HOA is going to react to the new self-governing tribal entitity.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 2516
RE: War jitters - 11/13/2010 1:33:00 AM   
Alfred

quote:

quote:

As Blackadder would say, details...details....

But wasn't General Custer known as Yellow Hair to your 1/256 ancestors. Wouldn't it be better to refer to the LYBs as black hairs? Alternatively, isn't that fine outstanding young Lt also a yellow hair?

I take it your opponents are somewhat remiss in sending a turn?

Alfred

Post #: 2517
RE: War jitters - 11/13/2010 1:37:21 AM   
Alfred

quote:

quote:

Alfred

That would be VERY dangerous. If I say anything about "limpieza de sangre" she will mistake it for cleaning instructions and I will end up with bleach marks on the carpet again.

Also, come to think of it, I am not quite sure how the HOA is going to react to the new self-governing tribal entitity.

You could make it a requirement that one simply must pass the limpieza de sangre test in order to qualify for association with the HOA. Anyone who drives a teutonic war chariot is bound to fail the test. On the other hand, if you see them driving a SEAT, be afraid, be very afraid, they're probably on the home straight regarding the test.

Alfred

Post #: 2518
RE: War jitters - 11/13/2010 2:28:35 AM   
VSWG

quote:

entitity

There's a "tit" too many in there. No wait, just an "it". Phew!

Post #: 2519
RE: War jitters - 11/13/2010 2:42:06 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: VSWG

quote:

entitity

There's a "tit" too many in there. No wait, just an "it". Phew!

Oddy enough, I didnt think you could have too many....."it"s or the other.....

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 2520
Page:   <<   < prev  82 83 [84] 85 86   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: War jitters Page: <<   < prev  82 83 [84] 85 86   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI