Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Error: Unable to find PW data

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Error: Unable to find PW data Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Error: Unable to find PW data - 1/19/2010 8:34:11 AM   
hughc61

Dear All,
I am sorry if this has come up before but I could not find a thread. I have installed WIP Admiral's Edition and when I click the autorun ico I get the following error message. Error: Unable to find PW data and the game fails to start.

Any help appreciated - thanks in advance,
hughc61
Post #: 1
RE: Error: Unable to find PW data - 1/19/2010 9:00:20 AM   
n01487477

Hughc61,
I guess you are trying to run from the CD, if you are trying to run autorun.ico ?

You say you have set up the game, so go to start->All Programs->War in the Pacific Admirals Edition & select War in the Pacific -Admirals Edition.exe

Otherwise, not sure what you're doing without some more info

(in reply to hughc61)
Post #: 2
RE: Error: Unable to find PW data - 1/19/2010 9:19:22 AM   
hughc61

Thanks Damian,
I tried to install from the CD but that would not work so I downloaded the file from Matrix but I don't think it has installed properly because the path ->All Programs->War in the Pacific Admirals Edition & select War in the Pacific -Admirals Edition.exe has not been created. So I went to the WIP home directory and tried to run it and got the message. I have just tried to run installation exe from the CD and get the follwing error
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate application.

Thanks,
hughc61

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 3
RE: Error: Unable to find PW data - 1/19/2010 9:28:47 AM   
n01487477

The guy in this thread http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2329737 has the same error, I'm not the matrix tech here, MichaelM is ...
What OS are you using ?
  • I'd just do the following got to the control panel, and try to uninstall the game from the Add/Remove Programs.(if it has been)
  • Copy the file from the CD onto your HDD.
  • RightClick on the file and run as Administrator
  • Make sure your installation path is the default, not in c:\Program Files

Hope this helps, otherwise check out the other thread and I'll have a quick search for other solutions

Cheers

(in reply to hughc61)
  • Post #: 4
    RE: Error: Unable to find PW data - 1/19/2010 9:53:12 AM   
    hughc61

Dear Damian,
    I am using a Windows XP PC. I followed your advice - The guy in this thread http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2329737 has the same error - and copied the file to the HDD but still it will not work. I also purchased Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich and it is the same. Can you tell me how I can get new disks?

thanks,
    hughc61

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 5
    RE: Error: Unable to find PW data - 1/19/2010 10:02:44 AM   
    n01487477

If both your CD and the downloaded file is not installing plus the other game is having the same issues then there is probably some configuration problem with your computer. As Joe is having a bit of a holiday (iirc), I'd hope MichealM will come and see what he can do for you... But I'd also log a problem with support .

At the top is a link to support and then click request support... I'd also contact Digital River... But I've never had to do any of this before.

Don't worry Matrix and Joe are very good with support and I'm sure they will get your issue resolved... this company won't leave you out in the cold (I'm not a matrix employee)... You'll just need a bit of patience I'm afraid.

Cheers and good luck

(in reply to hughc61)
    Post #: 6
    RE: Error: Unable to find PW data - 1/19/2010 11:05:57 AM   
    michaelm75au

I think you need to contact Matrix support or Digital River about this. It sounds like your disks have been corrupted.

Michael

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 7
    RE: Error: Unable to find PW data - 1/19/2010 12:01:34 PM   
    sprior

Do you have administrator rights to the PC?

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
    "History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
    - Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to michaelm75au)
    Post #: 8
    RE: Error: Unable to find PW data - 1/26/2010 5:00:56 AM   
    hughc61

Thanks for all your help. I have tried both games on 4 computers and get the same message. " The procedure entry point could not be located in the dymanic link library VERSION.dll"
    I have contacted support and just as happened 3 years ago with Harpoon never got a response. Pity my brother game me these games because I would never buy anything from Matrix because their support SUCKS!!!

hughc61

(in reply to sprior)
    Post #: 9
    RE: Error: Unable to find PW data - 1/26/2010 10:55:53 AM   
    michaelm75au

If the game was recently purchased with a CD, see the Matrix notice about defective CDs
    http://www.matrixgames.com/news/news.asp?nid=637

Michael

(in reply to hughc61)
    Post #: 10
    RE: Error: Unable to find PW data - 12/15/2018 7:51:55 PM   
    ctangus

Bump

I am getting the same error, "Unable to find PW Data ! ! !" while trying to install AE onto a new laptop.

Windows 10. Using a downloaded installation file. Tried 3 times with 2 different installation paths, including the default path. Anti-virus software disabled.

A couple other symptoms: the folder that you access from the start menu does not contain a link to the game itself. (It does have links to the editor and some documentation.) I've been trying to start it from the installation folder. Also WITP AE does not show up under add/remove programs.

Any ideas? I'm traveling & need my WITP fix!

(in reply to michaelm75au)
    Post #: 11
    RE: Error: Unable to find PW data - 12/15/2018 8:18:41 PM   
    Yaab

Did you install the beta patch after having installed the game itself? Beta's PW file needs to be copied to the main game folder.

(in reply to ctangus)
    Post #: 12
    RE: Error: Unable to find PW data - 1/19/2019 8:13:55 PM   
    Dubba

Hi guys I get the same Error

Unable to find PW data

And I copied the PW file to the main game from Beta still says the same thing???

(in reply to Yaab)
    Post #: 13
    RE: Error: Unable to find PW data - 1/19/2019 9:15:56 PM   
    Korvar

Start here. Check this linked thread and follow the instructions about fixing the shortcut TARGET field.

(in reply to Dubba)
    Post #: 14
    RE: Error: Unable to find PW data - 1/20/2019 6:47:21 AM   
    BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dubba

Unable to find PW data

And I copied the PW file to the main game from Beta still says the same thing???

You need to install the base game, then one of the official patches and only then try the Beta. It sounds like you may have downloaded the official patch but haven't downloaded and installed the base game yet, or vice versa.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Dubba)
    Post #: 15
    RE: Error: Unable to find PW data - 2/3/2019 10:05:10 PM   
    Alekks

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dubba

Unable to find PW data

You need to install the base game, then one of the official patches and only then try the Beta. It sounds like you may have downloaded the official patch but haven't downloaded and installed the base game yet, or vice versa.

That was my exact situation. Had to install the original base game ~445mb, then the official patch, then the Beta. That made the "Unable to find PW data" go away and the game launched successfully.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
    Post #: 16
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Error: Unable to find PW data Page: [1]
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI