Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Experience decreasing efficiency?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Experience decreasing efficiency? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Experience decreasing efficiency? - 11/15/2000 3:30:00 AM   
Lars Remmen

Hello, I just noticed something in my WW2 campaign as the Germans. My 120mm mortars used to fire with a delay of 0.2 allowing some shells to hit the AI before his movement phase. However as the campaign went on and the mortar crews and the spotter gained experience the delay changed slowly to 0.3. Quite a disadvantage as the shells now arrive after the AI's turn. The mortar units have some 300+ kills among them and are all elite. The FO has survived all battles and is quite experienced as well although that unit has no kills. Has anyone noticed this as and can anyone come up with a resonable explanation for this? ------------------ Lars Nec Temere - Nec Timide

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin
Post #: 1
- 11/15/2000 3:56:00 AM   
john g

quote:

Originally posted by Lars Remmen: Hello, I just noticed something in my WW2 campaign as the Germans. My 120mm mortars used to fire with a delay of 0.2 allowing some shells to hit the AI before his movement phase. However as the campaign went on and the mortar crews and the spotter gained experience the delay changed slowly to 0.3. Quite a disadvantage as the shells now arrive after the AI's turn. The mortar units have some 300+ kills among them and are all elite. The FO has survived all battles and is quite experienced as well although that unit has no kills. Has anyone noticed this as and can anyone come up with a resonable explanation for this?
I don't know how reasonable it is, but unit experience caps at 150. Leader rating will roll over back to 0 after it passes 255. I don't know if any of your leaders could make it to 255 and beyond, the best I did was the 130's. Different strokes, I did an entire campaign without using any mortars, my inf company mortars were traded in for 88mm AA to function as accurate direct fire artillery (like they were used in Spain). thanks, John.

(in reply to Lars Remmen)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Experience decreasing efficiency? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI