Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

MMCC for TLD?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> MMCC for TLD? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MMCC for TLD? - 2/3/2010 7:25:56 PM   
davidss

Is it possible to have a setup similar to COI MMCC, where players can join a server to battle against one another (or AI) on the TLD strat map? Would be an interesting way to play a grand campaign, and get players on the same page. Then your online battle would seem to be part of a bigger picture. Maybe have a dedicated forum for players to report their battle results, and strategies for next turn, etc.

Maybe something as simple as a grand campaign played only one battle at a time, and other players have to wait until each battle ends before another one is started ... thus maintaining the turns of the campaign. The results for each battle could be saved and kept for the next turn. Might need some way for players to meet and a queue system if there is more than two players waiting for a turn.
I guess, just a grand campaign played by possibly more than two players (only two players per battle of course), with the option of playing against the AI if no one is around.

Anyway just an idea.

< Message edited by davidss -- 2/3/2010 8:00:17 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: MMCC for TLD? - 2/3/2010 8:29:56 PM   
davidss

might look like this:

1) Hmm, thinking of having a TLD battle. Decide to join the TLD multiplayer grand campaign.
2) Click a link and enter a room/lobby showing the names of (A)players in the lobby, (B)the name/s of the player/players committed to play the next turn, and (C)the names playing the battle in progress. Maybe a strat map is also available to view the current status of the campaign.
3) Click on chat to see what everyone is up to.
4) Then click on "play next" if a slot is available ... and then wait.
5) Look at a timer that shows the amount of waiting time until my turn.
5) If no one else is available, then play against the AI.
6) Play a battle when it's my turn, and then am back at the lobby when the battle is over.
7) Decide to play again or get back to real life things
8)Play again ...
9) repeat 7 and 8 ... until 8 is no longer an option

< Message edited by davidss -- 2/3/2010 8:35:40 PM >

(in reply to davidss)
Post #: 2
RE: MMCC for TLD? - 4/10/2010 10:12:55 PM   
CSO_Talorgan

It's high time MMCC III was rewritten with hexes instead of squares, and multiple different battlegroups.

(in reply to davidss)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> MMCC for TLD? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI