Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ETO Blitz

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> Scenarios and Mods >> ETO Blitz Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ETO Blitz - 2/8/2010 10:41:52 AM   
Uxbridge

I have finally finished the new version of ETO, called ETO Blitz. Group Blue is presently playing it at HQ (www.michaeltamelander.se), but it's a hidden forum and can be viewed only by members.

Before I mention anything about the scenario itself, I like to state my intention of not posting it for general download. ETO Blitz is based upon house rules, even if most of it is normal game mechanics. What is more, it can only be played between real opponents, why play against the AI, even if possible, is not to be recommended. All this means that there will be a lot of questions from people trying to play it, and I have laid down so much time with RtV and ToW the last year, that I feel there must be a limitation of that in the future.

In consequence of the above stated, I will therefore send the scenario to anyone interested in it under the provision that the user read the house rules himself and decide how to play with his opponents without my involvement.

In addition, I will agree to three more groups playing ETO on HQ, Red, Green and Yellow. As I said, Blue is presently at it since Green broke up some weeks ago. There’s place for three more groups. Above that, I feel it will probably be too time consuming once more; thus the limitation. Playing on HQ will entitle the members full rules support and everything else, however, and they can also discuss issues with players in the other groups.

What in ETO Blitz differs from the normal Time of Wrath?

Part of the German economy is located outside Germany proper, recreating the Scandinavian iron ore, the Romanian oil and the Balkan trade. Same goes for the British, with some of its resources in the Middle East. These changes make the Norwegian, Balkan and North African campaigns more natural.

A slightly tweaked combat system, with toned down difference between corps and divisions, and combat resolution depending less on multi-hex tactics.
An interdiction system, which allows air units to attack the opponent’s supply network, causing him reductions in combat ability at the front.

A more controlled production regarding unit placement, upgrading, time of delivery and limitation of units in parallel line.

A great number of the events present in the normal ToW have been removed, making for more PBEM-friendly games.

More sea zones: North Sea Coastal Waters, Black Sea with ports and Caspian Sea with ports.

Possibility to trade between certain countries despite lack of ports.

Recon units and weak militia units added to the game.

A different economical system, making conquering nations actually pay for their conquests, not only reap from them.

ETO Blitz uses its own set of graphics. It can’t be played with other sets and the ETO graphics can’t be used for other games.

If anyone likes to try the ETO Blitz, give me your e-mail address through personal messages and I send it to you. If you like to join the playing at HQ, let me know. It is good if you have already played the game for a while, but it is no obligation.

Screenshot from current trial game:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Uxbridge -- 2/8/2010 10:49:07 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: ETO Blitz - 2/8/2010 11:06:00 AM   
Uxbridge

Going for Warsaw:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Uxbridge)
Post #: 2
RE: ETO Blitz - 2/8/2010 11:06:54 AM   
Uxbridge

Great Britain prepares:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Uxbridge)
Post #: 3
RE: ETO Blitz - 2/8/2010 6:29:56 PM   
wilecki

Hi,

A little bit OT, but I just noticed on the 2nd screenshot that Polish ground units have the red-white checkerboard whereas in reality it was only used by Polish air force at that time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Air_Force_checkerboard

BRs

< Message edited by wilecki -- 2/8/2010 6:34:04 PM >

(in reply to Uxbridge)
Post #: 4
RE: ETO Blitz - 2/8/2010 10:21:02 PM   
Uxbridge

Oh, yes, that's no army symbol. Just needed something recognizable, within the limits of the pixels.

(in reply to wilecki)
Post #: 5
RE: ETO Blitz - 2/9/2010 3:45:21 AM   
Hairog

Hey this looks familiar.

Great work on this Uxbridge.

WW III 1946 Books
SC3 EAW WW Three 1946 Mod and Naval Mods
WarPlan and WarPlan Pac Alpha and Be

(in reply to Uxbridge)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> Scenarios and Mods >> ETO Blitz Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI