Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Feature request for future patch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Feature request for future patch Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Feature request for future patch - 2/13/2010 10:15:23 AM   
Mikeydz

Hey game gods!

I was wondering if it would be posible in a future patch to seperate out the combat animation and combat summaries preferences from a PBEM save file. The reason I ask this is that I'm currently hosting a PBEM game, and I like to run the turns with the anims and summary turned off, so I don't have to sit and manually advance the new turn through all the animations and summaries. I get all the info I need from the combat and operation reports, and prefer to start the processing of the new turn, make some coffee, and come back to my computer to find the new turn ready to go. My Allied opponent however likes to watch the turn playout with anims and summary on, but even if he has it turned of, the save file overrides his preferences and he doesn't see the anims and summaries. I'm assuming the file has all the info in it, since the 8 games currently hosted at site I play on are roughly the same size for the replay files(averages 2-2.5 meg for the slot 1 replay), wether or not anims and summaries are turned off or on.

Of course, if there is a way to process they new turns unattended, while at they same time allowing the Allied player to see the animation and summary goodness, I'd appreciate knowing how I can do this. Otherwise, it's gonna slow our PBEM game down since there are alot of times I can't sit in fron't of the computer endlessly clicking done over and over (My girlfriend has needs too!). Thanks

Post #: 1
RE: Feature request for future patch - 2/13/2010 10:46:32 AM   
wdolson

It used to be possible to do this, but it was the source of one of the dreaded sync bugs. Both players need to have the same options set.

Sorry,
Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to Mikeydz)
Post #: 2
RE: Feature request for future patch - 2/16/2010 1:55:32 AM   
Mikeydz

That sucks. Ok, then is there any way possible to edit the save file to turn anims and summaries back on? Since I was the host, I had it turned off, but even if I turn them on now, it won't take the change, so I'm assuming there is some info set in the save file that controls it once the game is created, and it ignores the preference settings the game is set to from that point on.

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 3
RE: Feature request for future patch - 2/16/2010 2:59:05 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mikeydz

That sucks. Ok, then is there any way possible to edit the save file to turn anims and summaries back on? Since I was the host, I had it turned off, but even if I turn them on now, it won't take the change, so I'm assuming there is some info set in the save file that controls it once the game is created, and it ignores the preference settings the game is set to from that point on.

While you are giving your orders, go to the preferences and turn them back on, the next combat turn they should come back ... make sure your opponent checks the preferences too when he is giving orders.

(in reply to Mikeydz)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Feature request for future patch Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI