Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Weird New Glitch (minor)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Weird New Glitch (minor) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Weird New Glitch (minor) - 2/17/2010 9:59:16 PM   
loyalcitizen

I installed the new beta patch and have widescreen going.
However, now the ship animations (when you look at a particular ship, not a TF) are jumpy. This only happens in widescreen, not fullscreen.
I'm using native resolution 1680 x 1050. I have tried it at other res, like 1600 x 0900 and it wasn't happening during that test.

The picture pops up out of the top of the frame whenever you put the cursor over anything that gives you a mouseover description (in the black rectangle with white text). The picture then stays popped out. Sometimes it shows one black rectangle's worth of extra image (double water-line), but sometimes double hulls (2 rectangle's worth of extra image).

It's not hurting anything, just jarring when it pops back and forth. I've tried with and without the -dd_sw, if that could matter.

Just an FYI.

See attached image.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Weird New Glitch (minor) - 2/17/2010 10:29:19 PM   
BigJ62

Working fine on my machine, have you tried rebooting your machine?

Witp-AE
AeAi…AeAi …AeAi…Long live AeAi.

(in reply to loyalcitizen)
Post #: 2
RE: Weird New Glitch (minor) - 3/20/2010 3:21:14 PM   
Texas D

Im getting this also. I tried different resolutions, window and full screen mode. Besides the jumping up and down during the replay, I also get partsof other screens like unit info box that pops up on top of the map while scrolling over it.

(in reply to BigJ62)
Post #: 3
RE: Weird New Glitch (minor) - 3/21/2010 12:37:59 AM   
Texas D

Here is just one example. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to fix it.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Texas D)
Post #: 4
RE: Weird New Glitch (minor) - 3/21/2010 12:58:42 AM   
vonTirpitz

I have occasionally seen erratic screen behavior/corruption such as this when using alt-Tab and/or when the system memory is generally low (i.e. too many programs running in the background).

Texas, you will probably have to provide more descriptive information about your system configuration and capabilities for the developers to help you further.

(in reply to Texas D)
Post #: 5
RE: Weird New Glitch (minor) - 3/21/2010 1:12:53 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: loyalcitizen

I installed the new beta patch and have widescreen going.
However, now the ship animations (when you look at a particular ship, not a TF) are jumpy. This only happens in widescreen, not fullscreen.
I'm using native resolution 1680 x 1050. I have tried it at other res, like 1600 x 0900 and it wasn't happening during that test.

The picture pops up out of the top of the frame whenever you put the cursor over anything that gives you a mouseover description (in the black rectangle with white text). The picture then stays popped out. Sometimes it shows one black rectangle's worth of extra image (double water-line), but sometimes double hulls (2 rectangle's worth of extra image).

It's not hurting anything, just jarring when it pops back and forth. I've tried with and without the -dd_sw, if that could matter.

Just an FYI.

See attached image.

Try adding '-noFire' to the command line or removing the '-w' from the command line.

Michael

(in reply to loyalcitizen)
Post #: 6
RE: Weird New Glitch (minor) - 3/21/2010 3:10:09 AM   
pompack

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonTirpitz

I have occasionally seen erratic screen behavior/corruption such as this when using alt-Tab and/or when the system memory is generally low (i.e. too many programs running in the background).

Texas, you will probably have to provide more descriptive information about your system configuration and capabilities for the developers to help you further.

Ever since WitP I will sometimes have this occur if I alt-Tab out during the combat (but only the combat). So I learned to always let the combat run to completion before I check the outside world.

(in reply to vonTirpitz)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Weird New Glitch (minor) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI