Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 7/24/2002 12:22:09 AM   
Joel Billings

Replacement units are created under some circumstances. These 1/ units need to be in the same hex with the main unit to merge. See section 19.3 of the rules to see when these are supposed to be created. The rules say that all ground units can get replacements under certain conditions (at least 10 items missing or 25% of the unit). If you have a situation where this does not happen as stated in the manual, please send in a save and let us know about the exact situation. Thanks.

(in reply to Paulchen)
Post #: 61
- 7/24/2002 8:00:42 AM   
Drongo

[QUOTE]Replacement units are created under some circumstances. These 1/ units need to be in the same hex with the main unit to merge. See section 19.3 of the rules to see when these are supposed to be created. The rules say that all ground units can get replacements under certain conditions (at least 10 items missing or 25% of the unit). If you have a situation where this does not happen as stated in the manual, please send in a save and let us know about the exact situation. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Joel,

Thanks for your response. Because of my constant rotation of troops, the 'permanent' losses rarely will drop below what the manual specifies. I have received a replacement base unit when half the original went down with a ship.

I rechecked my units after your post and at present I have only one base unit that is 'permanently' missing more than 10 items (it is down 12 aviation engineers). It is currently sitting in Truk to regain the last of its bracketed items. I will watch for any replacements for the next 2 weeks (game time) and if none are received, I will send you the save.

Thanks again.

Have no fear,
drink more beer.

(in reply to Paulchen)
Post #: 62
Replacement Treshhold - 7/24/2002 10:00:48 PM   
EricLarsen

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Joel Billings
[B]Replacement units are created under some circumstances. These 1/ units need to be in the same hex with the main unit to merge. See section 19.3 of the rules to see when these are supposed to be created. The rules say that all ground units can get replacements under certain conditions (at least 10 items missing or 25% of the unit). If you have a situation where this does not happen as stated in the manual, please send in a save and let us know about the exact situation. Thanks. [/B][/QUOTE]

Joel,
Thanks for the useful tidbit of info on the loss threshhold where the program makes the decision to release replacements. While I've finally seen two baseforce replacement units they've only contained engineers and support, no avaiation support yet. I've seen a few baseforces of mine where they've lost 1 or 2 points of aviation support and had been wondering how many would need to be lost before the program replaced them. Now I know.
Thanks,

Eric Larsen

(in reply to Paulchen)
Post #: 63
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI