Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Where can i find For ultimate axis mod?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? - 3/4/2010 8:37:37 PM   
MAARTENR

Where can i find the Ultimate Axis mod?
Post #: 1
RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? - 3/4/2010 8:40:01 PM   
Smeulders

I don't think it has been finished/released yet.

(in reply to MAARTENR)
Post #: 2
RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? - 3/4/2010 9:24:02 PM   
chesmart

Maartner at present i am working on the ground OOB as I want to add a German Army, 4 Infantry , 1 Airborne, 2 Tank Divisions Plus + Super Heavy Artillery Brigade. Please Remember it will be a mod playable as Allies VS AI as Axis side will be very strong.

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 3
RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? - 3/8/2010 5:56:59 AM   
mikemike

quote:

ORIGINAL: che200

Maartner at present i am working on the ground OOB as I want to add a German Army, 4 Infantry , 1 Airborne, 2 Tank Divisions Plus + Super Heavy Artillery Brigade. Please Remember it will be a mod playable as Allies VS AI as Axis side will be very strong.

What about 1-2 Panzergrenadier Divisions (TOE like Grosssdeutschland) instead of a like number of Infantry Divs (depending on where you want to use them)?

Concerning the Super Heavy Art Bde, I'd like to suggest you use the 210mm K38, which was a mobile 25 ton gun firing a 122 kg shell to a range of 37k yards (one of them was sold to Japan!). There was also the 240mm K3 with a shell of 160 kg and a range of 41k yards

DON´T PANIC - IT´S ALL JUST ONES AND ZEROES!

(in reply to chesmart)
Post #: 4
RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? - 3/15/2010 8:13:18 PM   
Venividivici10044

It would be interesting to see the Germans having retained their possessions from the colonial period (not stripped post WW1). That would be a great mod!

I play and post for fun...nothing stated ever carries with it the thought to irritate. If something does...privately PM and I will review.

(in reply to mikemike)
Post #: 5
RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? - 3/15/2010 10:03:54 PM   
chesmart

The Washington and London naval treaties do not happen, no great depression in the 30s. Adolf Hitler still comes to power to get Germanys honor back after the unfair treaty of Versailles, Mussolini as historical. Everything goes as historical with plan z because of better economies comes into effect in 1941. War starts in Poland as historical and Poland falls historically. France is taken over and joins the axis because the vichyites purge the degaulists. This means the French navy joins the axis. The battle of Britain is a stalemate with nobody winning but England is pummeled. The invasion of Greece and Yugoslavia do not happen and Hitler goes east. Operation Barbarossa starts in March 1941 and the German panzer armies crush the Russian armies then Hitler dies of a stroke. Himmler takes power but there is a coup and the German army takes over from the Nazi party. The German army reaches Moscow and takes Leningrad with a coup de main (Airborne and naval attack). Moscow falls, Stalin is deposed and shot and Beria takes over and he makes peace with Germany. The peace treaty is based that the Germans stop on a vertical line with Kharkov. Germany gets compensation from USSR in the form of Oil and other resources and free hand in the pacific. England after being abandoned by its commonwealth allies who decide to become independent signs a cease fire with Germany, but starts repairing damage done by the Luftwaffe. USA in the elections of 1936 Alfred Landon is elected president with the support of Henry ford and other pro Nazi supporters. They keep America isolated but start a rearmament programe just in case. They do not offer loan guarantees to England and this pushes England to sign a ceasefire. Japan seeing that there is a vacuum in the balance of power decide to start a war to "liberate" the pacific from the colonies of the old European nations and to conquer china without the interference of the western nations. Germany decides to send an Army group composed of 2 panzer divisions 2 motorized divisions 2 infantry divisions and 1 airborne division to Indochina to help the Japanese and at the same time take back its former colonial possessions and to divide the former French and dutch colonies. Italy sends 2 infantry divisions 1 airborne and 1 armored division. Spain sends 1 infantry division to support the axis. With these forces they send their naval forces as well to support Japan. This means the German navy, Italian Navy and French navy are sent Saigon. Japan informs Germany of their plans and they decide to attack together. The Japanese carriers attack Pearl Harbor, Singapore and Manila at the same time and Japan starts part 2 of the war. General Beck who is the Chancellor of Germany decides to help Japan in its conquests. The English navy is sent east and the American navy starts the war. The war becomes a Japan first war and then Germany second from an American perspective so most of the American army is sent to the pacific. The English send a token Land Force to help Maintain India. Japan can use all their army in the war as Russia is neutered and German forces allowed to pass from Russia to china to Indochina.              The Germans will stay until either Japan is victorious or defeated that means 1941-1946.Btw this is going to be a Mod vs. AI.

(in reply to Venividivici10044)
Post #: 6
RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? - 3/22/2010 3:02:14 AM   
derhexer

Kool!!
How about adding in 1 or German aircracft carriers, just for fun?

(in reply to chesmart)
Post #: 7
RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? - 3/22/2010 7:05:05 AM   
chesmart

There are going to be 2 German CV 1 CVL , 2 Italian CV and 1 French CV 1 CVL

(in reply to derhexer)
Post #: 8
RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? - 3/24/2010 11:43:06 PM   
traskott

I can no wait to see the mod released.... 

(in reply to chesmart)
Post #: 9
RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? - 4/6/2010 1:19:36 AM   
Captain Cruft

Sounds cool.

These things do take time though. Good luck che

(in reply to traskott)
Post #: 10
RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? - 4/6/2010 10:36:06 AM   
chesmart

I have done the Stats of the Aircraft , Land units and Ships. Most of the artwork is done. Now what I am waiting for is for Juan to release an update for his Mod and copy them into it.

I have been testing the game on Juans Old Mod and things look interesting. Axis side has become more agressive and till now June 42 Axis Cvs rule all over the Pacific. Now I am trying to set up the land script for the German-Italians. One thing that I have noticed is that German Aircraft are Pretty Short ranged.

(in reply to Captain Cruft)
Post #: 11
RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? - 4/6/2010 12:02:46 PM   
mike scholl 1

quote:

"Operation Barbarossa starts in March 1941 and the German panzer armies".. sink 3 feet deep in the mud of the rasputa (which doesn't end until mid-May in Russia) and give the Russians 2 full months to mobilize and reinforce before they can move again. Germans are stopped cold.

Sorry..., but many of your "assumptions" are just plain wrong. Or impossible. Like Beria. Stalin's creation and hatchet-man, he wouldn't have survived him by even 24 hours.

(in reply to chesmart)
Post #: 12
RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? - 4/6/2010 12:48:14 PM   
chesmart

He nearly took over when Stalin died.

Mike I had to find a storyline for an alternative history scenario. If you would like to Edit it to make it more historical you are more than welcome and I will post it with the scenario.

(in reply to mike scholl 1)
Post #: 13
RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? - 4/6/2010 1:04:31 PM   
RyanCrierie

Why did you change this

"Operation Barbarossa starts in March 1941 and the German panzer armies".. sink 3 feet deep in the mud of the rasputa (which doesn't end until mid-May in Russia) and give the Russians 2 full months to mobilize and reinforce before they can move again. Germans are stopped cold.

to

Operation Barbarossa starts in March 1941 and the German panzer armies crush the Russian armies then Hitler dies of a stroke.

The first one was right -- it's a nice debunking of the myth that the Balkans and Crete cost Germany Barbarossa. If they had kicked off in May '41, they would not have been at the operational strenght levels they were historically at on 22 June 41 - the delay of a few months gave them time to bulk up units that were weak; and like you said; the spring mud would slow down the Germans.

(in reply to chesmart)
Post #: 14
RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? - 4/6/2010 2:11:21 PM   
chesmart

Always thought that had Barbarossa started earlier the Germans would have been at the gates of Moscow earlier. Never thought about the mud slowing down the panzer armee. Well nice topic to discuss over at tanknet.

(in reply to RyanCrierie)
Post #: 15
RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? - 4/6/2010 10:43:27 PM   
mike scholl 1

quote:

ORIGINAL: RyanCrierie

Why did you change this

to

Operation Barbarossa starts in March 1941 and the German panzer armies crush the Russian armies then Hitler dies of a stroke.

The first one was right -- it's a nice debunking of the myth that the Balkans and Crete cost Germany Barbarossa. If they had kicked off in May '41, they would not have been at the operational strength levels they were historically at on 22 June 41 - the delay of a few months gave them time to bulk up units that were weak; and like you said; the spring mud would slow down the Germans.

He didn't..., I changed the second to the first. It was one of a number of his "assumptions" that I was trying to point out had considerable errors in them. I don't have any problem with people conjuring up wild scenarios..., I was just trying to encourage more realistic and believable justifications in his explaination.

(in reply to RyanCrierie)
Post #: 16
RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? - 4/6/2010 10:53:14 PM   
mike scholl 1

quote:

He nearly took over when Stalin died.

Mike I had to find a storyline for an alternative history scenario. If you would like to Edit it to make it more historical you are more than welcome and I will post it with the scenario.

He certainly attempted to..., but you are right. I should have included "in 1941" in my statement. In 1953 he'd had 12 more years to consolidate and strengthen his position.

You are certainly free to make your scenario any way you wish. I just wanted to point out that a lot of the "explanations" you postulated were really on the far side of reality. Like the Nazi's coming to power without the great depression. When you look at their vote totals before the Wall Street crash, and then in the elections after it, their success is very difficult to postulate without the Depression.

(in reply to chesmart)
Post #: 17
RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? - 4/6/2010 11:39:09 PM   
chesmart

Mike i agree with your statement regarding the Nazis coming to power, But I have a problem you see I want to have German , Italian and French forces in the pacific so i have to create some kind of plausible scenario thats why i wrote it. (Plus i wrote it on a plane to send it to another player who was helping me with German planes thats why it is such a disaster) If you would like to help me in writing down a story line you are more than welcome especially if it is more plausible than mine. BTW thanks for the information regarding earlier attack on Russia.

Post #: 18
RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? - 4/7/2010 12:29:11 AM   
John 3rd

I'd just be happy for those U-Boats based out of Sumatra!

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to chesmart)
Post #: 19
RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? - 4/7/2010 12:45:23 AM   
chesmart

Will you be doing them in your Mod John ?

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 20
RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? - 4/7/2010 12:58:22 AM   
John 3rd

I would really LOVE to but creating U-Boats classes is a bit out of my ability level.  Don't have any of the deployment dates or anything either...

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to chesmart)
Post #: 21
RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? - 4/7/2010 1:05:26 AM   
chesmart

I can give you the data and the artwork for the U-boats but i do not have the deployment dates. I can send them to you by e-mail.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 22
RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? - 4/7/2010 2:27:02 AM   
mike scholl 1

quote:

Mike i agree with your statement regarding the Nazis coming to power, But I have a problem you see I want to have German , Italian and French forces in the pacific so i have to create some kind of plausible scenario thats why i wrote it. (Plus i wrote it on a plane to send it to another player who was helping me with German planes thats why it is such a disaster) If you would like to help me in writing down a story line you are more than welcome especially if it is more plausible than mine. BTW thanks for the information regarding earlier attack on Russia.

Well, if you want to involve the French, you could postulate Vichy joining the Axis in reaction to Mers-el-Kibir. Having their fleet attacked by their former allies certainly pissed off a lot of Frenchmen. Otherwise, Vichy joining the Axis is pretty far-fetched.

My problem is that I don't see the situation you want to create as a realistic one..., which makes it hard for me to postulate a reasonable storyline. But I'm happy to help you with taming a few of the wilder hairs...

(in reply to chesmart)
Post #: 23
RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? - 4/7/2010 3:41:05 AM   
mikemike

quote:

I've thought in the same vein, and what I've come up with is as follows:

Shortly after the capitulation of France, there is a meeting between Hitler and Stalin at Brest-Litowsk, where both of them and a number of their closest staff members are blown away by a bomb placed by the Polish Resistance. Both countries need to reorganize their command structure, so the Battle of Britain doesn't happen in the historical form. Berija has control of the situation at first due to the NKVD but he starts further purges to consolidate his power so several other political figures, fearing for their lives, start a civil war and call on the Germans for help (I think the only people able to beat the Russians at that time would be other Russians). Far East troops can't be transferred because the Japanese cause trouble at the borders. Nobody involves Britain or the USA because both countries are implicated in the bombing (British explosives, and the bomb maker was a US citizen of Polish descent with ties to the OSS (or whatever the US intelligence service was called at the time)), so neither side trusts them. In the end, the faction allied with Germany wins, at a price: Germany gets control over the Baltic states, the rest of Poland, part of Belorussia, and the Ukraine, transit rights to the Far East, and deliveries of food, raw materials, industrial products, and arms. In addition, the Soviet Union has to disband about half their armed forces.

What I want to result from that is the presence of a small German Army/Luftwaffe contingent, the Kriegsmarine mainly represented by U-Boats and some ships that can be transferred during summer over the Northern Seaway through Bering Strait. The main effect would be an influx of Russian raw materials and weapons to Japan, also German arms and aircraft, but not enough oil to dissuade the Japanese from going after the SRA. As Britain is still in the fight, nothing much would change for the Allied side. Sorry, no significant Italian/French presence. No idea what that would do to the timescale, maybe kickoff mid-1942? Of course, the Soviets are out of the war, at least for a few years.

< Message edited by mikemike -- 4/7/2010 3:42:21 AM >

DON´T PANIC - IT´S ALL JUST ONES AND ZEROES!

(in reply to chesmart)
Post #: 24
RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? - 4/7/2010 4:14:29 AM   
wworld7

quote:

ORIGINAL: mike scholl 1

Well, if you want to involve the French, you could postulate Vichy joining the Axis in reaction to Mers-el-Kibir. Having their fleet attacked by their former allies certainly pissed off a lot of Frenchmen.

Back in high school (mid 70's) my girlfriends Uncle and his family visited from France. I talked to her Uncle a few times about about how they felt (and lived) when Germany occupied the country during WWII. We touched upon GB's attack on the French fleet, yes, it made many people angry. But he explained that most people in his village knew the only hope for a decent future was if the USA and GB could defeat Germany. Even though they were angry, they learned to swallow this very bitter pill for the good of thier families. I believe the idea of France joining the Axis is impossible and if tried would have resulted in another civil war in France (which would have aided the Allies).

Flipper

Post #: 25
RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? - 4/7/2010 5:19:07 AM   
mike scholl 1

quote:

ORIGINAL: flipperwasirish

quote:

Well, if you want to involve the French, you could postulate Vichy joining the Axis in reaction to Mers-el-Kibir. Having their fleet attacked by their former allies certainly pissed off a lot of Frenchmen.

Back in high school (mid 70's) my girlfriends Uncle and his family visited from France. I talked to her Uncle a few times about about how they felt (and lived) when Germany occupied the country during WWII. We touched upon GB's attack on the French fleet, yes, it made many people angry. But he explained that most people in his village knew the only hope for a decent future was if the USA and GB could defeat Germany. Even though they were angry, they learned to swallow this very bitter pill for the good of thier families. I believe the idea of France joining the Axis is impossible and if tried would have resulted in another civil war in France (which would have aided the Allies).

I agree 100%..., but it's the only event that even had some Frenchmen considering a pro-Axis stand, and therefor the best rationalization I could come up with to meet che200's needs.

(in reply to wworld7)
Post #: 26
RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? - 4/7/2010 6:47:03 AM   
wworld7

quote:

I agree 100%..., but it's the only event that even had some Frenchmen considering a pro-Axis stand, and therefor the best rationalization I could come up with to meet che200's needs.

Perhaps, but Germany finding Godzilla...perhaps in cavern near Berlin (note: It would of course be afraid of the water) and harnessing such a weapon allows it to dictate "conditions" to both France and Russia. Yet leaves England safe...with the exception that Rommel now gets to Cairo...

Flipper

Post #: 27
RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? - 4/7/2010 10:14:28 AM   
mike scholl 1

quote:

ORIGINAL: flipperwasirish
Perhaps, but Germany finding Godzilla...

Can you have Godzilla without nuclear testing I thought he was supposed to be a radiation byproduct?

(in reply to wworld7)
Post #: 28
RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? - 4/7/2010 1:34:38 PM   
ChickenOfTheSea

Perhaps the chaos in Europe leads to the rise of an independent and charismatic French warlord in Asia. He sides with the Japanese in order to preserve his own power and his own Asian kingdom. No need to make them collaborationists with the Germans.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is. - Manfred Eigen

Post #: 29
RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? - 4/7/2010 3:08:27 PM   
John 3rd

Does anyone have the deployment dates for the U-Boats?  If we can get those, then I might be willing to take you up on the offer of the files and artwork.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to ChickenOfTheSea)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI