Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: The AE Geezer Thread!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! Page: <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 4/26/2011 9:54:12 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: JWE
I will NEVER do anything that has stinking birds in it.

Hey! Could be worse...could be stinkin' pigs. Harumph!

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 661
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 4/26/2011 10:07:18 PM   
JWE

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
quote:

o tht wld b frgn swt, ye? What?, people wouldn't tweet, they would squeal? Cn u frkn imgn? Lk txtn a weeee, weeee, weeee alla wy hm? Dude! nfw & gag, u gzr.
[ed] edited by Amber for grammar, content, and to run in the time allowed.

< Message edited by JWE -- 4/26/2011 10:08:56 PM >

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 662
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 4/29/2011 2:28:11 AM   
sanch

This thread looks interesting, but unless I take my glasses off and stick my nose 2 inches (that's about 5 cm) from the screen, the danged font is too small to read ...

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 663
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 5/1/2011 1:03:21 AM   
thegreatwent

Grump...

(in reply to sanch)
Post #: 664
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 5/2/2011 8:36:47 PM   
AW1Steve

GRUMP!!!!

(in reply to thegreatwent)
Post #: 665
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 5/2/2011 8:38:03 PM   
Grollub

Oh joyous Monday!

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 666
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 5/2/2011 10:27:06 PM   
ChickenOfTheSea

quote:

quote:

quote:

o tht wld b frgn swt, ye? What?, people wouldn't tweet, they would squeal? Cn u frkn imgn? Lk txtn a weeee, weeee, weeee alla wy hm? Dude! nfw & gag, u gzr.

Good God! That paragraph(?) hurts my eyes and my brain simultaneously. Have we now entered the era where communication methods are indistinguishable from methods of torture?

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is. - Manfred Eigen

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 667
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 5/2/2011 10:34:20 PM   
ChickenOfTheSea

quote:

So you're some kind of anti-birdite, are you? Be careful what you say or you maybe cleaning a lot of unwanted stuff off your car. Word has a way of getting around.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is. - Manfred Eigen

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 668
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 5/2/2011 10:50:31 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChickenOfTheSea

quote:

So you're some kind of anti-birdite, are you? Be careful what you say or you maybe cleaning a lot of unwanted stuff off your car. Word has a way of getting around.

Hey Chuck! Been a while! When are heading this way again? We need to plan a "Middle of America" summit!

(in reply to ChickenOfTheSea)
Post #: 669
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 5/2/2011 10:52:12 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

Oh joyous Monday!

OBTW.......Damned Hippie! Get off my lawn!!!! I haven't cleaned up after the dog......never mind!

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 670
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 5/2/2011 10:53:03 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Good God! That paragraph(?) hurts my eyes and my brain simultaneously. Have we now entered the era where communication methods are indistinguishable from methods of torture?

Haven't you ever sat through one of Hillary Clinton's press meetings before? [rimshot!]

Post #: 671
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 5/3/2011 11:40:19 AM   
Grollub

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

Oh joyous Monday!

OBTW.......Damned Hippie! Get off my lawn!!!! I haven't cleaned up after the dog......never mind!

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 672
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 5/3/2011 12:54:24 PM   
Chickenboy

13 hours with no THREAD posts!?!

I'm just thinking of all the Fabers that someone could have snuck in here if only they'd known it was unpatrolled.

ETA: Heh! Posted in the wrong forum thread! What a way to start the morning! GRUMP!

< Message edited by Chickenboy -- 5/3/2011 12:55:19 PM >

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 673
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 5/3/2011 12:58:26 PM   
USSAmerica

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 674
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 5/3/2011 7:07:38 PM   
ChickenOfTheSea

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hey Chuck! Been a while! When are heading this way again? We need to plan a "Middle of America" summit!

Steve,
I'm afraid this spring has been brutally stressful so I didn't try to get out to any of the summits here. If you are back this December to go to Williamsburg, that would be a good time for me to get out. It's been too busy for me to get any game time as well.

I haven't decided when my next trip to the heartland will be, but it will either be this summer or for a football game like Ohio State to see Nebraska's first home game in the Big Ten.

I think you better check outside to see if some hippies are going to try and smoke whatever is you're growing in your yard.
Chuck

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 675
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 5/3/2011 9:25:36 PM   
AW1Steve

Then we'll get together when you come out here. Williamsburg most likely would be late winter.

Right now I seem to be growing mostly moles. The hippies are wecome to them. I've tried smoking them (out) , gassing them, drowning them, and starving them out. Now it's time to buy a mole guillotine.

Post #: 676
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 5/4/2011 4:23:15 PM   
ChickenOfTheSea

quote:

Then we'll get together when you come out here. Williamsburg most likely would be late winter.

Right now I seem to be growing mostly moles. The hippies are wecome to them. I've tried smoking them (out) , gassing them, drowning them, and starving them out. Now it's time to buy a mole guillotine.

I think its time to start a snake breeding program. You can scare off any sissy neighbors at the same time. Nothing says "Get Off My Lawn!!!" quite like a snake infestation.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 677
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 5/4/2011 5:54:11 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

I think its time to start a snake breeding program. You can scare off any sissy neighbors at the same time. Nothing says "Get Off My Lawn!!!" quite like a snake infestation.

I'm not crazy about snakes. But I do have a hawk that's been visiting me frequently (I call him Curtis), and if I keep feeding him, maybe the Moles will go elsewhere.

Post #: 678
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 5/7/2011 6:31:16 AM   
thegreatwent

Gah, Grump!

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 679
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 5/7/2011 2:18:00 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

quote:

Maybe that's why the guy down the road has multiple signs up warning "Dangerous venomous indigenous reptiles on property" with a picture of a snake underneath... of course, he ALSO has at least 15 other signs up in front of his house, many with religious quotes, etc... he recently ran out of space (he seems to have rule about how close you can put signs near each other) and started posting signs up his own driveway... since you can't really read them unless you are IN his driveway, i assume they are for his own edification.

Post #: 680
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 5/10/2011 7:12:39 PM   
ChickenOfTheSea

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

quote:

quote:

Maybe that's why the guy down the road has multiple signs up warning "Dangerous venomous indigenous reptiles on property" with a picture of a snake underneath... of course, he ALSO has at least 15 other signs up in front of his house, many with religious quotes, etc... he recently ran out of space (he seems to have rule about how close you can put signs near each other) and started posting signs up his own driveway... since you can't really read them unless you are IN his driveway, i assume they are for his own edification.

Sounds like you've got a snake handler sect for neighbors.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 681
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 5/10/2011 7:37:50 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

I....umm....see.... Say, you wouldn't happen to live in Montana (or California), would you?

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 682
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 5/11/2011 11:41:47 AM   
USSAmerica

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I....umm....see.... Say, you wouldn't happen to live in Montana (or California), would you?

The next best place. Texas.

Actually, in Texas the place is probably a productive food farm.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 683
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 5/11/2011 4:32:21 PM   
ChickenOfTheSea

quote:

quote:

Justice in the bird world is quite unpredictable and beyond the understanding of man. I parked under a nice shady tree yesterday and now I have a completely redecorated car thanks to the local avian population.

Grump, grump, grump!

Post #: 684
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 5/11/2011 4:58:33 PM   
JWE

quote:

Justice in the bird world is quite unpredictable and beyond the understanding of man. I parked under a nice shady tree yesterday and now I have a completely redecorated car thanks to the local avian population.

Grump, grump, grump!

HA!! SO THERE!! At least chickens don't fly and only redecorate the driveway.

I do like some birds. Cleaned, plucked, dressed, a nice marinade, and ready for the barby.

[ed] They get on the lawn and they are for the Quisinart. Grump, grump, yum.

< Message edited by JWE -- 5/11/2011 5:00:09 PM >

Post #: 685
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 5/17/2011 1:43:02 PM   
AW1Steve

Grump!

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 686
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 5/18/2011 6:19:56 PM   
AW1Steve

Grump!!!!

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 687
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 5/18/2011 6:50:48 PM   
Grollub

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 688
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 5/18/2011 7:59:36 PM   
AW1Steve

Cute Per. So why don't you use some of that "Hippie magic", and do a "Pied piper" and get these %&*@#$%$ moles off (or rather out of ) my lawn?

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 689
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 5/18/2011 8:09:33 PM   
Grollub

quote:

Cute Per. So why don't you use some of that "Hippie magic", and do a "Pied piper" and get these %&*@#$%$ moles off (or rather out of ) my lawn?

Ok, the music ...

... and the anti-mole dance ...

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 690
Page:   <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! Page: <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI