Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Japs invade Luzon

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Japs invade Luzon Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Japs invade Luzon - 4/4/2010 3:43:39 PM   
robot

1/24/1942
Luzon Island
1800 Hours

I Have been given command of the VIII Lshii Heavy Tank Army. My orders are to embark on troop transports for the island of Luzon. Once there we are to make an amphib landing on the east coast against the U.S. Army. Our troops are made up of SNL Veterans from some earlier campaigns. Where we are landing is about 200 miles north of Manilla Phillipines.

Our naval bombardment is about to begin and we are preparing to board landing boats to take us into shore. I understand there will be a 10 minute bombardment as we circle and get in line for the travel to shore. We have been told that there will be mines all up and down the shore line. This will be our really first big problem to this battle as HQ has seen fit not to attatch any engineers to this landing. We can only hope the shelling from our support ships manage to at least take out some of the mines. I understand they have been given instructions to hit as close to the water line with there shelling. The only problem with this is once thru the mines there defences behind the beach will not have had any effect on them.

It looks like today is going to be a very long and hard day. We can expect 40% losses today. I believe my men will come out victorius tho. They are veteran fighters and have been thru some very hard battles already. I have all the confidence in them.

We go to our destnys today for the emperor and country proudly. Banzai Banzai Banzai

HQ: VIII Lshii Heavy Tank
Col: Yasuji Okamura Commanding

Robots wear armor for skin.Grunts wear skin for armor.
Post #: 1
RE: Japs invade Luzon - 4/6/2010 5:31:05 PM   
robot

1/24/1942
Luzon Island
1840 Hours

Our naval support began there bombardment at 1800 hours. Our troops all made up of snlf veterans began the invasion at 1810. They moved into shore and once there encountered a thin layer of mines at the waters edge. All three companies are ashore right now. They began right away to try and remove a 200 yd wide hole in the mine field so as to allow support equipment to move ashore. B CO has managed to open a 100 yd hole in the first 40 minutes.

All transports are still loaded and circling the drop off point. have been recieving some small arm fire and alot of 60 morter along with 75mm and 155artty fire from the enemy. Our troops have suffered quite a few losses so far from the artty fire due to the fact of being bunched up so much trying to cut holes thru the mines.

This is not going to be an easy battle today. The enemy is well dug in with very good defenses. We have taken out at least 7 squads of infantry due to the fire from our transport ships sitting off shore. If we dont get thru the mine fields in the next half hour we are in for some bad times today. All our men are working hard under difficult conditions and have not given up at all.

For the emperor Banzai Banzai Banzai

Col: Yasuji Okamura Commanding

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 2
RE: Japs invade Luzon - 4/9/2010 7:03:09 PM   
robot

1/24/1942
Luzon Island
1925 Hours

An hour and 25 minutes into the battle and its starting to turn in our favor. This has been a big foo paw from the start. First of all we were given no engineers to help with the mine field. Our men still have a couple of platoons stuck on the beach trying to cut thru the mine fields. Managed to get some morters ashore but we dont have any forward observers with us so there is a big delay in call in time and when they fire. This may have helped us with all the mg bunkers and rifle pits we are running into if we had the Observers.

All three companys have pushed at least three platoons in from the beach at least 300 to 350 yards. They have been busy blowing up these bunkers for the last half hour. A and B Co have taken out at least 5 of them so far. While C Co in the south have at least five of them in front of there lines to deal with yet. A and B Co also took out 3 Steel bunkers as they moved forward.

Still have up to 3 transports sitting waiting to unload support for our men at each beach behind every CO. each company has at least 700 yards before they even begin to reach the forward objectives. This fight is no where near being over and I can see a very long and bloody battle this day. There artty still has been raining shells down on us with no let up in sight. The only thing that has saved my men so far is the enemy has chosen to make the transports that are empty there targets instead of our forward lines. No transports lost so far.

Glory to the Emperor and our beloved Japan. Banzai Banzai Banzai!!!!!!!!

Col: Jasuji Okamura Commanding

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Japs invade Luzon Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI