Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[1.0.3 public beta] Ruins on asteroids - bug or feature?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> [1.0.3 public beta] Ruins on asteroids - bug or feature? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[1.0.3 public beta] Ruins on asteroids - bug or feature? - 4/7/2010 10:05:32 PM   
Cheet4h

Just got an ruin on an asteroid. 5th game and only one of these. Is this a feature or a bug? Can upload a savegame if needed.

~Cheet4h
Post #: 1
RE: [1.0.3 public beta] Ruins on asteroids - bug or fea... - 4/7/2010 10:10:45 PM   
ASHBERY76

What bonus did it have?

(in reply to Cheet4h)
Post #: 2
RE: [1.0.3 public beta] Ruins on asteroids - bug or fea... - 4/7/2010 11:14:41 PM   
taltamir

the best ruins I came across are: 1. contain "way of ancients" (much superior to path of darkness... since the only difference is that one makes everyone hate you, and one makes every love you.) 2. grant an awesome tech thats not normally researchable (ex: death rays). 3. +100% to a research field for the civ that colonizes it. 4. +X% to colony income from ALL colonies.

I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not Superman.

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 3
RE: [1.0.3 public beta] Ruins on asteroids - bug or fea... - 4/7/2010 11:48:46 PM   
Cheet4h

I think it gave me some tech... don't quite remember though. But it also gives a bonus to colony development O.o

(in reply to taltamir)
Post #: 4
RE: [1.0.3 public beta] Ruins on asteroids - bug or fea... - 4/8/2010 12:00:51 AM   
taltamir

EVERY ruin, gives a bonus to colony development. And the bonus stacks with any actual development... so if a ruin gives +40% development then your colony starts out as 40% and ends up as 140% developed... ruins are the only way to go beyond 100% development... That bonus is given even if you find nothing in the ruins and it is not terrible impressive...

the awesome things about ruins are the rewards (aka, you get a new tech), or if they grant an empire wide bonus (a bonus to ALL colonies)

oh, when I listed the 4 types i have seen i forgot a 5th one... they call in "refugees from another galaxy" which so fas has always been a race that is NOT in the game, and thus they give your empire a new race (and new racial bonuses).

(in reply to Cheet4h)
Post #: 5
RE: [1.0.3 public beta] Ruins on asteroids - bug or fea... - 4/8/2010 12:03:04 AM   
Webbco

quote:

ORIGINAL: taltamir

That bonus is given even if you find nothing in the ruins and it is not terrible impressive...

Are you sure about this?

(in reply to taltamir)
Post #: 6
RE: [1.0.3 public beta] Ruins on asteroids - bug or fea... - 4/8/2010 12:09:55 AM   
richieelias

Yes, the +40% to colony development is a standard bonus for ruins

(in reply to Webbco)
Post #: 7
RE: [1.0.3 public beta] Ruins on asteroids - bug or fea... - 4/8/2010 12:22:00 AM   
taltamir

quote:

ORIGINAL: richieelias

Yes, the +40% to colony development is a standard bonus for ruins

although it doesn't have to be exactly 40%... i have seen a little more and less... 23% is the lowest I have seen.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Webbco

quote:

ORIGINAL: taltamir

That bonus is given even if you find nothing in the ruins and it is not terrible impressive...

Are you sure about this?

yes i am... go to any planet that has ruins that you explored (you have to explore them to get the bonus... you just don't have to find anything)... left click on the planet, then left click on the ruin icon... it will tell you what bonus it gives... oh there is ONE exception... ruins that give a bonus to ALL planets in your empire (ex: +100% weapon research to empire) do not give a development bonus to the colony they are on... their bonuses still apply to themselves, they just give a bonus to something other then development (I have seen +100% to a research field... for 3 different fields thus far... and a +20% to colony income to all colonies in empire)

(in reply to Webbco)
Post #: 8
RE: [1.0.3 public beta] Ruins on asteroids - bug or fea... - 4/8/2010 1:42:24 AM   
taltamir

wait... i just noticed the title... ON ASTROIDS... I thought it was "Ruins on STEROIDS"... god I am lysdectic sometimes. Yea, I have never seen ruins on an asteroid before... all my comments are true, but I was trying to say the ruins you described are not "all that awesome" (aka, on steroids) and are in fact completely normal ruins.

(in reply to taltamir)
Post #: 9
RE: [1.0.3 public beta] Ruins on asteroids - bug or fea... - 4/8/2010 1:42:26 AM   
elliotg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cheet4h Just got an ruin on an asteroid. 5th game and only one of these. Is this a feature or a bug? Can upload a savegame if needed.
Ruins on asteroids is not intended. I suppose it's not a game breaker, but I'll take a look at this anyway.

Thanks Elliot

(in reply to Cheet4h)
Post #: 10
RE: [1.0.3 public beta] Ruins on asteroids - bug or fea... - 4/8/2010 6:45:46 AM   
Elshar

quote:

ORIGINAL: elliotg Ruins on asteroids is not intended. I suppose it's not a game breaker, but I'll take a look at this anyway.

Thanks Elliot

I actually liked the ruins on asteroids. I figured the asteroid cluster was a destroyed planet, and the ruins were a bit of the planet that survived mostly intact.. :)

(in reply to elliotg)
Post #: 11
RE: [1.0.3 public beta] Ruins on asteroids - bug or fea... - 4/8/2010 7:38:29 AM   
Fishman

Realistically, anything which would destroy a planet would completely destroy anything on it. Planets are really extremely sturdy objects.

(in reply to Elshar)
Post #: 12
RE: [1.0.3 public beta] Ruins on asteroids - bug or fea... - 4/10/2010 12:32:26 AM   
Webbco

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fishman Planets are really extremely sturdy objects.

(in reply to Fishman)
Post #: 13
RE: [1.0.3 public beta] Ruins on asteroids - bug or fea... - 4/10/2010 1:31:01 AM   
taltamir

http://qntm.org/destroy

(in reply to Webbco)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> [1.0.3 public beta] Ruins on asteroids - bug or feature? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI