Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: [Release]Star Wars! Preview

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: [Release]Star Wars! Preview Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: [Release]Star Wars! Preview - 9/23/2010 2:47:23 PM   
lordxorn

quote:

ORIGINAL: MajorKururu

seen like the download link is down. any mirror

I just checked the link, and it is working now.

(in reply to MajorKururu)
Post #: 151
RE: [Release]Star Wars! Preview - 9/27/2010 3:41:55 PM   
Rising-Sun

Gonna put Romulians in there too? Opps that not Star Trek lol.

(in reply to Nibelung44)
Post #: 152
RE: [Release]Star Wars! Preview - 9/27/2010 5:48:11 PM   
Igard

quote:

ORIGINAL: RisingSun

Gonna put Romulians in there too? Opps that not Star Trek lol.

Imperial Class Star Destroyer versus Romulan D'deridex Class Warbird :-

[On the Star Destroyer bridge]

Imperial Officer: Sir, There's a vessel de-cloaking astern.

Imperial Captain: What? No ship that small has a cloaking device! Oh, wait that's pretty @*^'~'# big!

Imperial Officer: They're arming weapons!

Imperial Captain: You may fire when ready...

[Star Destroyer begins firing volleys of turbo laser blasts at the Warbird]

[On the Romulan Bridge]

Romulan Centurian: Commander, the oversized cheese wedge-shaped vessel is firing on us with primative lasers.

Romulan Commander: Hmmm, Don't they know lasers won't even penetrate our atmospheric shielding?

Romulan Centurian: Obviously they never saw that episode of ST:TNG when Commander Riker states that exact piece of techno-babble. Shall I return fire?

Romulan Commander: Just let me finish filing my nails...

[5 minutes later...]

Romulan Commander: Alright, fire all disruptor arrays at their shield generators. Then begin beaming boarding parties over.

Romulan Centurian: But sir, that ship is almost 2 kilometres in length, they have over 9,700 troops on board.

Romulan Commander: 9,700 troops? 9,700? What the hell do they need all those troops for? Who ARE these people?... Ok, Ok, just finish them off with plasma torpedoes then. Sheesh!

[Star Destroyer lasts all of 30 seconds under the barrage of plasma torpedoes]

The moral of the story? It might seem like alot of fun to mix Star Trek with Star Wars, but at the end of the day... Romulans always kick ass!

(in reply to Rising-Sun)
Post #: 153
RE: [Release]Star Wars! Preview - 9/28/2010 12:58:10 AM   
tjhkkr

[Star Destroyer lasts all of 30 seconds under the barrage of plasma torpedoes]

Egad, the young man actually believes that felgercarb.
<sigh> One blast from a Star Destroyer's ion cannon, and the Romulan's shields, its cloaking device, plasma banks, and disrupter batteries would all be singed mass of burned out circuits, and the poor ole Romulans would be crying in their Romulan Ale.
<== Romulans in proper supplication to the Imperial Star Destroyer.

And before I start a major war and Matrix shuts us down... I am talking trash. :)

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 154
RE: [Release]Star Wars! Preview - 9/28/2010 1:23:23 AM   
Igard

Not the old 'Ion cannons can disable every electric toothbrush on the Death Star' argument again!

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 155
RE: [Release]Star Wars! Preview - 9/28/2010 4:06:23 AM   
tjhkkr

Not the old 'Ion cannons can disable every electric toothbrush on the Death Star' argument again!
[laughing out loud.]
<== to your come back.

At least the empire uses toothbrushes. You do not have to worry about it on a Romulan ship. They never use toothbrushes; or take a bath. [You know, like Worf said, 'your ambush might work better if you bathed more often.']
How many Romulans does it take to use an electric toothbrush? 1 to use it, and 150 to blow the ship up in disgrace.

You know, I wonder how long we have gone without this SW versus ST argument.
Okay, I surrender now, because although I am an SW fan, I use ST ships for pirates and other races. They are cooler looking. That ought to soothe Romulan tempers.

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 156
RE: [Release]Star Wars! Preview - 9/28/2010 10:36:07 PM   
Igard

Ok, we'll call an uneasy truce, but you should be aware Romulans are very hygienic, it's the Klingons who are the smelly ones.

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 157
RE: [Release]Star Wars! Preview - 10/7/2010 8:45:00 AM   
caramello11

Well I only recently bought this game and was thinking if there was any SW mods, yeww!!

Cannot wait to give this a go!

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 158
RE: [Release]Star Wars! Preview - 12/18/2010 6:02:48 PM   
lordxorn

Tonight my fellow Star Wars fans I will be releasing the ROTS version which will include fighters and bombers.

Once Elliot expands the mod support, (by the 25th he has mentioned) I will add two new Races to celebrate the release of ROTS.

(in reply to caramello11)
Post #: 159
RE: [Release]Star Wars! Preview - 12/18/2010 6:24:43 PM   
Igard

Star Wars with fighters, the way it was supposed to be! 

(in reply to lordxorn)
Post #: 160
RE: [Release]Star Wars! Preview - 12/18/2010 10:55:53 PM   
lordxorn

Ok, I have hit a snag. Apparently there is some mod support on the dev side that needs to be implemented before I release the new update. I am not going to just mod the game in it's current state until extra races are allowed to put in.

Elliot assures us this will happen before the 25th. Let's all hope.

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 161
RE: [Release]Star Wars! Preview - 12/18/2010 11:00:40 PM   
Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: lordxorn

Ok, I have hit a snag. Apparently there is some mod support on the dev side that needs to be implemented before I release the new update. I am not going to just mod the game in it's current state until extra races are allowed to put in.

Elliot assures us this will happen before the 25th. Let's all hope.

That would definitely be a nice Christmas present.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to lordxorn)
Post #: 162
RE: [Release]Star Wars! Preview - 12/19/2010 12:46:15 AM   
tjhkkr

I thought that the extra race change was put in; are we still at 20 or can there be more?

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 163
RE: [Release]Star Wars! Preview - 12/19/2010 2:03:58 AM   
Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr

I thought that the extra race change was put in; are we still at 20 or can there be more?

You can have more than 22 races so long as you recycle the existing race images. Putting in 23 race images will give an 'Out of Range' exception.

Distant Worlds Fan

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 164
RE: [Release]Star Wars! Preview - 12/19/2010 2:10:26 AM   
tjhkkr

You can have more than 22 races so long as you recycle the existing race images. Putting in 23 race images will give an 'Out of Range' exception.
Ahhhh.
So if I understand you correctly...
If race number 23 is "Evil Humans", you would want to point back to an image number 1 through 22...
Am I understanding correctly now?
Not trying to be dense here.

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 165
RE: [Release]Star Wars! Preview - 12/19/2010 3:11:42 AM   
Shark7

quote:

Ahhhh.
So if I understand you correctly...
If race number 23 is "Evil Humans", you would want to point back to an image number 1 through 22...
Am I understanding correctly now?
Not trying to be dense here.

Image race_0 - race_21, but yes you get the idea. Now if you want race 22 to be the exotic cat girl race, you either have to replace one of the images 0-21 and point to it, or point back to the one of the existing images (which obviously have no cat girls at present). In other words, you can't have images for 23 or more unique races currently, no image race_22 because it will crash if you add that image.

So in truth you can have 22 unique races, and as many factions of those existing races you want; but can't have 23+ unique races.

Distant Worlds Fan

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 166
RE: [Release]Star Wars! Preview - 12/19/2010 5:40:07 AM   
tjhkkr

exotic cat girl race

I must not be playing the right mods... All I have got are armor plated Mandalorians and Clone Troopers.
But at least I stay out of trouble that way.

< Message edited by tjhkkr -- 12/19/2010 5:41:36 AM >

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 167
RE: [Release]Star Wars! Preview - 12/19/2010 8:07:07 AM   
lordxorn

Here is a teaser of what is to come. Although Rebel pilots were never good at formation flying. lol

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 168
RE: [Release]Star Wars! Preview - 12/19/2010 1:44:34 PM   
Igard

Beautiful looking ships there, I'm drooling over my keyboard. It's great to see X-Wings and Y-Wings in Distant Worlds.

However, this is a good example of the ship scaling issue/problem. Notice how the Nebulon Frigates are almost as big as the Mon-Calamari Cruiser.

Elliot needs to address this as soon as possible. This is nothing against your mod, Lordxorn, every mod has this problem.

(in reply to lordxorn)
Post #: 169
RE: [Release]Star Wars! Preview - 12/19/2010 2:51:23 PM   
lordxorn

Yeah I was really careful with the size scaling,

the Nebulon is size 500 and the Moncal is 750. I even made another moncal and nebulon separating them in size even more and it is still not sizing correctly.

Then Home One is the max size of 1100, which is not much larger than the moncal.

I think below the moncal, everything should be sized down because the ships are already dwarfing the stations and planets.

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 170
RE: [Release]Star Wars! Preview - 12/19/2010 4:07:21 PM   
Igard

I bumped the thread about this on the tech support forum. It's all to do with the shape of the ship. Notice how it's the long, thin shaped vessels that look much larger than the broad, rounder shaped ones.

Here's the tech support thread. It would be nice if someone else could add their voice to it as it seems like a problem that's being overlooked :-

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2513492

BTW, lordxorn, I can't wait to play this. It looks awesome.

< Message edited by Igard -- 12/19/2010 4:08:38 PM >

(in reply to lordxorn)
Post #: 171
RE: [Release]Star Wars! Preview - 12/19/2010 5:55:52 PM   
tjhkkr

Igard, I did not think you would like fighters... they would shoot proton torpedoes down your plasma tubes... and oops good bye Romulan...
Just alking trash as usual.

Okay seriously guys, does the size of the image have anything to contribute to its appearance on the screen... I mean does 750 buy you anything that 500 would not. I have noticed that it is the slender ships that get super-sized like a McDonald's meal.

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 172
RE: [Release]Star Wars! Preview - 12/19/2010 5:56:51 PM   
tjhkkr

And yes, LordZorn, you da man for the SW stuff. Just as Igard is da man for ST.

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 173
RE: [Release]Star Wars! Preview - 12/19/2010 6:36:52 PM   
Igard

quote:

Igard, I did not think you would like fighters... they would shoot proton torpedoes down your plasma

Romulans would have de-cloaked and destroyed the carrier WELL before they had a chance to launch fighters!

I played the Starfleet Command series alot. I get my ship images from mods for those games. They had fighters and carriers and point defence weapons, just like DW has now. So I love the idea of fighters in Star Trek.

I think the next step with the fighters should be to have them fighting in formation. They would probably be more effective as a tight group and it'd look cool too.

EDIT: tj, You made my text turn all blue. Damn You!!!

< Message edited by Igard -- 12/19/2010 6:37:57 PM >

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 174
RE: [Release]Star Wars! Preview - 12/19/2010 7:25:34 PM   
Webbco

It's almost definitely been discussed before, and I should've been on the DW forums long enough to know this but will the max size of 1100 be increased at some point?

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 175
RE: [Release]Star Wars! Preview - 12/19/2010 7:27:29 PM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Igard

EDIT: tj, You made my text turn all blue. Damn You!!!

I think it's because of too much "Romulan Egg Nog"!

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 176
RE: [Release]Star Wars! Preview - 12/19/2010 8:17:33 PM   
tjhkkr

Romulan Egg Nog sounds about as appealling a Klingon Galk... But in the interest of Interstellar peace, I will drink it.

To Igard, Ehsumrell1, Erik, Elliot, Lordxorn, Shark 7, and all you who I have the poor manners to forget you name: peace in the new year, and may all wars be war games...

I am either getting sentimental in my old age, or that Romulan Egg Nog was Romulan ale.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 177
RE: [Release]Star Wars! Preview - 12/19/2010 8:46:17 PM   
Haree78

Even if my love for Star Wars has diminished a lot over the years I'm still looking forward to the ROTS version of this mod, excellent stuff lordxorn.

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 178
RE: [Release]Star Wars! Preview - 12/19/2010 9:54:51 PM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

Romulan Egg Nog sounds about as appealling a Klingon Galk... But in the interest of Interstellar peace, I will drink it.

To Igard, Ehsumrell1, Erik, Elliot, Lordxorn, Shark 7, and all you who I have the poor manners to forget you name: peace in the new year, and may all wars be war games...

I am either getting sentimental in my old age, or that Romulan Egg Nog was Romulan ale.

Happy Holidays to you also tj.....and by the way, you drink Romulan Egg Nog when "spoiled",
just like you eat Klingon Gok live.
Just ask Igard! ROTF LMAO!

< Message edited by ehsumrell1 -- 12/19/2010 9:55:44 PM >

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 179
RE: [Release]Star Wars! Preview - 12/23/2010 6:14:44 AM   
tjhkkr

I have quite a number of race pictures if you want them Lordxorn...

(in reply to Nibelung44)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: [Release]Star Wars! Preview Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI