Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

You can't please everyone

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> You can't please everyone Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
You can't please everyone - 7/23/2002 7:23:59 AM   
Rob Roberson

I miss my green background..the white is blinding me :).
Post #: 1
- 7/23/2002 7:49:13 AM   
RayM

I fired up the forum for the first time in a couple of days and....wow! A little darker background is desired. I too found nothing wrong with the previous background.

(in reply to Rob Roberson)
Post #: 2
Wah Happened ? - 7/23/2002 9:34:46 AM   
Black Cat

...where are my Sun Glasses :p

Post #: 3
- 7/23/2002 9:38:08 AM   
Huskalator

At first I said to myself "Its not that bad", then I realized I was squinting. :p

SW Episode 2:Good movie, bad love story

Happiness is the only good. The time to be happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so.

Post #: 4
- 7/23/2002 12:11:18 PM   
dgaad

If I go blind, I'm suing someone.

Last time I checked, the forums were messed up. ;)

Post #: 5
White! ARRRRGGHHH! - 7/23/2002 12:45:38 PM   
MG'42

Must be tryin' ta train us 4 winter war or something!!!

Post #: 6
- 7/23/2002 1:51:45 PM   
David Heath

Hi Guys

We wanted to get the site so it looks the same. Give it a little time to grow on you. Everyone said the same thing about the green color when we switched to that and the black design we tried as well.

David

Post #: 7
lol - 7/23/2002 2:30:16 PM   
Rob Roberson

You have to remember most of us are up late at night ruining our health playing this game...so the glare seems a bit more then it actually is. Of course if it will get me a beta position with [B]War in the Pacific[/B] then I will happily say what a wonderful choice you have made ;).

Rob

Post #: 8
- 7/23/2002 2:37:52 PM   
Marc von Martial

All you guys that think it´s too bright. Finally here´s your chance to calibrate your monitors to ICC profiles ;), helps a lot with viewing colors as they´re intended to look like.

Also, the light look keeps you awake late at nights, so be thankfull you don´t get tricked by the AI or your PBEM opponent just because you start to snooze ;).

Post #: 9
- 7/23/2002 2:54:58 PM   
Sabre21

I sure am glad I ordered some new sunglasses:cool: whew! I agree..a bit bright.

Sabre21

Post #: 10
- 7/23/2002 3:14:43 PM   
dgaad

[QUOTE]Originally posted by David Heath
[B]Hi Guys

We wanted to get the site so it looks the same. Give it a little time to grow on you. Everyone said the same thing about the green color when we switched to that and the black design we tried as well.

David [/B][/QUOTE]

Its a secret trick to get us to talk about something other than B-17s.

Ha! We are not easily fooled. Nice try though.

Post #: 11
- 7/23/2002 3:17:25 PM   
dgaad

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Marc Schwanebeck
[B]All you guys that think it´s too bright. Finally here´s your chance to calibrate your monitors to ICC profiles ;), helps a lot with viewing colors as they´re intended to look like.

Also, the light look keeps you awake late at nights, so be thankfull you don´t get tricked by the AI or your PBEM opponent just because you start to snooze ;). [/B][/QUOTE]

viewing colors? VIEWING COLORS? What colors? What viewing for that matter! Wait, I'm blind! I'm going to have to get an egghead friend to switch my IE to "AudioExplorer for the Blind".

Post #: 12
- 7/23/2002 4:54:50 PM   
Raverdave

I [COLOR=red][SIZE=4]REALLY[/SIZE][/COLOR] do not like this new colour look................it is way too bright and plain.

Most "other" BB's or forums also have a plain white background....I like the old green and before that black backgrounds, because they made this site different (and easy on the eyes).

[FONT=century gothic]I AM NOT HAPPY[/FONT] :mad:

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post #: 13
- 7/23/2002 5:10:42 PM   
Marc von Martial

Well, [B]we´re happy[/B] to have a corporate design now ;). If (and the word "if" is stressed on) I find time within the next days, I´ll make up an alternate set for those albino types here (hehe just kidding). You can acces it from your CP then.

Just on a side note, we get a lot of positive feedback for the change. But just as allways the guys that don´t like it cry louder ;).

Post #: 14
- 7/23/2002 5:25:38 PM   
Raverdave

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Marc Schwanebeck
[B]Well, [B]we´re happy[/B] to have a corporate design now ;). If (and the word "if" is stressed on) I find time within the next days, I´ll make up an alternate set for those albino types here (hehe just kidding). You can acces it from your CP then.

Just on a side note, we get a lot of positive feedback for the change. But just as allways the guys that don´t like it cry louder ;). [/B][/QUOTE]

I have to agree with the corporate design...it looks really cool and snazzy..........................[SIZE=1]I just don't like the white.[/SIZE];)

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post #: 15
- 7/23/2002 5:52:37 PM   
HARD_SARGE

Hi Marc

"Just on a side note, we get a lot of positive feedback for the change. But just as allways the guys that don´t like it cry louder ."

LOL you paid for it, you better like it, sounds more like the Emperior's new Robe to me, every is scare to tell you what they really think, since you paid somebody to do it for ya

HARD_Sarge

Ahhhhhh, just don't pay em to work on any of the art work for the games, greeeeeeeeeeesh

Post #: 16
- 7/23/2002 5:58:09 PM   
Marc von Martial

Nobody got payed for it

Post #: 17
- 7/23/2002 6:06:52 PM   
HARD_SARGE

Hi Marc
sorry my bad, misread the home page statement (about tieing it into the store system)

Hey, looks great for free :)

HARD_Sarge

LOL sorry, I am sure it was a lot of work, but it is very ruff to get used to when you first get here

even worse after working all night

dang I can't see the TV set now, hope nothing good is on for a while

Post #: 18
My 2,000 lira - 7/23/2002 6:27:40 PM   
tanjman

Marc,

:D I like it. I think its easier to read and on my eyes. But then I'm a vanilla kinda guy.

Gunner's Mate: A Boatswain's Mate with a hunting license.

Post #: 19
- 7/23/2002 8:07:29 PM   
elmo3

FWIW I like the new color scheme.

Post #: 20
- 7/23/2002 8:07:46 PM   
Wilhammer

I like it, it lights up my keyboard in a dark room. Makes posting late at night easier.

Post #: 21
Well... - 7/23/2002 8:28:46 PM   
RevRick

I like it too - except for the little stripes running across the page. The color is fine, it's good for my old eyes - but those stripes remind me of girls who wear those thin stripes on their clothes which seem to make them vibrate as they walk. No, wait, they always vibrate when they walk, but this is different. Oh, well, I probably shouldn't be talking about THAT anyway.:rolleyes:

"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Post #: 22
- 7/23/2002 10:06:00 PM   

Having been on this forum just a little over a year, I must admit I was confused with how the color of the forum didn't match the store. For over a year my brow has been furrowed, as I wondered, "How can this be? What is the mystery of the non-matching colors?" It really confused me, and kept me from enjoying the forum.

Now imagine, if you will, my delight and joy upon finding the new matching forum colors! The confusion is gone, everything is now so clear. And bright! So very bright! I will now be able to enjoy my forums and store experience, without that dreadful confusing color scheme that has plagued me and other newbies for so long!

It even looks like you've gone with the UV color scheme, instead of that drab olive look. My only complaint is that, because my wife and I have cats, she is frequently opening the door and letting bugs in the house. Before they would congregate around the flood lights in the kitchen, which didn't bother me too much. Now they are dive bombing my monitor! One good thing, though. I was playing UV so much, that I have barely been outside. And living in Portland, the summer is the only time you can get any kind of tan, and so one shouldn't miss the opportunity to get outside, unless pasty white is the color of choice. But now I am getting my tan, and don't have to leave my computer! Thanks, guys!

;)
kp

The Earth is but a hollow nougat, reverberating with the sounds of the big bands... :cool:

Post #: 23
Tan - Try Snow Blind - 7/24/2002 12:33:41 AM   
mbatch729

Don't want to be too negative, but looking at the screen now is like staring at the sun. Sunglasses don't help. I need some of those arc welding goggles. :eek:

Later,
FC3(SW) Batch
USS Iowa

Post #: 24
- 7/24/2002 1:05:42 AM   
Diealtekoenig

I really really LIKE the new background. I can read the text much more easily.

(FWIW I generally view the screen in a normally lit room, not a darkened room).

Post #: 25
- 7/24/2002 1:35:33 AM   
Robert Roberson

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 1089
[B]Having been on this forum just a little over a year, I must admit I was confused with how the color of the forum didn't match the store. For over a year my brow has been furrowed, as I wondered, "How can this be? What is the mystery of the non-matching colors?" It really confused me, and kept me from enjoying the forum.

Now imagine, if you will, my delight and joy upon finding the new matching forum colors! The confusion is gone, everything is now so clear. And bright! So very bright! I will now be able to enjoy my forums and store experience, without that dreadful confusing color scheme that has plagued me and other newbies for so long!

It even looks like you've gone with the UV color scheme, instead of that drab olive look. My only complaint is that, because my wife and I have cats, she is frequently opening the door and letting bugs in the house. Before they would congregate around the flood lights in the kitchen, which didn't bother me too much. Now they are dive bombing my monitor! One good thing, though. I was playing UV so much, that I have barely been outside. And living in Portland, the summer is the only time you can get any kind of tan, and so one shouldn't miss the opportunity to get outside, unless pasty white is the color of choice. But now I am getting my tan, and don't have to leave my computer! Thanks, guys!

;)
kp [/B][/QUOTE]

Hilarious!

In all seriousness. I could care less (okay maybe its a little to bright) the forum colors,...remember ...a happy sailor is a bitching one!

Post #: 26
For those that don't like the new colors.. - 7/24/2002 1:53:43 AM   
WW2'er

Would you like some cheese with that..[B]...Whine?[/B] :p

I like the new color scheme!

Carryon on Matrix.....now "brighten" our day by releasing that patch! ;)

WW2'er

"That [state] which separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools." — Thucydides, 'The Peloponnesian Wars'

Post #: 27
- 7/24/2002 3:04:42 PM   
Raverdave

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Diealtekoenig
[B]I really really LIKE the new background. I can read the text much more easily.

(FWIW I generally view the screen in a normally lit room, not a darkened room). [/B][/QUOTE]

Ahhhh !!!! Someone who LIVES in PM ! Maybe you can take the time to let others know on this forum whom have been questioning the weather model in UV, just how fast things can indeed change.

Post #: 28
- 7/24/2002 3:34:09 PM   
msaario

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Raverdave
[B]

Ahhhh !!!! Someone who LIVES in PM ! Maybe you can take the time to let others know on this forum whom have been questioning the weather model in UV, just how fast things can indeed change. [/B][/QUOTE]

I guess the fact that once I was preparing a trip to PM/Lae/Rabaul does not make me an expert of the weather...:(

I realized that seven days for a trip from the US West coast to Rabaul and back would leave one non-travel day...

Besides, my dad persuaded me to go back home instead for the week...

Made it to Cairns three years ago though... :) It was really windy and rained every once in a while.

--Mikko

Post #: 29
Now what the *(%^%( do you mean by THAT! - 7/24/2002 6:33:57 PM   
RevRick

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Robert Roberson
[B]

Hilarious!

In all seriousness. I could care less (okay maybe its a little to bright) the forum colors,...remember ...a happy sailor is a bitching one! [/B][/QUOTE]

ROFLMBO (Really Can't use the A) but the meaning is the same. Boy, is that ever right!!!

"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> You can't please everyone Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI